The Capello Era Is Over
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

1. Sumner_05's Avatar Sumner_05
    Star Player

The Capello Era Is Over

Fabio Capello Sacked As England Manager

The FA have sacked Fabio Capello from his position as England manager.

The news is music to many England fans ears after the dismal display of England in South Africa at the world cup. There were lots of rumours going around that the FA were willing to give him a 2nd chance to redeem himself but after a supporter protest outside FA headquarters this afternoon, it was made clear that Capello was not wanted.

The 64-year old had swept the nation by storm when he took over from the England side that failed to qualify for Euro 2008 under Steve McClaren, but he guided England to 1st place in the group with 9 wins out of 10. But something clearly was not right at the world cup.

The FA had already announced that the next England manager was going to be English with this the bookies have jumped at the chance with Harry Redknapp the favourite at 4/1 with the rest of the main contenders Sam Allardyce 6/1, Steve Bruce 7/1, Chris Hughton 15/1 and most surpisingly Blackpool boss Ian Holloway at 20/1.

A FA statement from general secretary Alex Horne " The board of the FA would like to give a thankyou to Fabio Capello for his considerable time and effort spent as England Manager."

"Fabio has shown exceptional character and commitment since being appointed manager in December of 2007, the whole of the FA board wish him all the best for the future. The task on appointing a successor is underway."

Capello had released a statement during a press conference earlier saying that he was "immensly proud of his achievements and i would just like to thank the FA for giving me this opportunity. And lastly i would like to thank the fans for their contuined support even though we did not have the best World Cup."
    Last edited by Sumner_05; 07/02/2011 at 02:21 AM.

2. computerholic14's Avatar computerholic14
    • King King Andy Andy King
      He gets the ball he scores a goal,
      Andy Andy King! <3
      E I E I E I O
      Up the football league we go
      When we get promoted this is what we sing,
      We are champions, we are champions!
      Eriksson is king!
    First Team
    good start, let me guess Holloway?

3. Sumner_05's Avatar Sumner_05
    Star Player

Harry Redknapp Rules Himself Out Of The Running

Spurs manager Harry Redknapp has dismissed speculation that he is in line to succeed Fabio Capello as England manager.

Capello was sacked by the FA on Monday and Harry Redknapps name has been on everyones lips as the next England manager.

However the 63-year-old told Sky Sports News that he is going nowhere. He was quoted as saying "of course i'm delighted to be linked with the England job but i signed a contract in the summer which lasts for the next 3 years and i am more than happy to stay at Tottenham, espically after we got into the Champions League."

When Redknapp was asked about the sacking of Capello he said "It seems an absoulete load of nonsense, i know that we didn't have the best World Cup but he has a fantastic track record and i would just like to wish the England team all the best without me in charge none of it makes sense, but maybe football doesn't anymore."
    Last edited by Sumner_05; 07/02/2011 at 02:24 AM.

4. England stories deffo following

5. Sumner_05's Avatar Sumner_05
    Star Player
    Quote Originally Posted by computerholic14 View Post
    good start, let me guess Holloway?
    haha ruin it y don't u lol

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by PafcLad View Post
    England stories deffo following
    cheers mate update coming in next hour

6. Sumner_05's Avatar Sumner_05
    Star Player

Steve Bruce Keen On England Job

After the FA's decision to sack Fabio Capello, the bookies have named severeal managers as favourites but with favourite Harry Redknapp ruling himself out Steve Bruce has come forward saying it would be an honour to manage his country.

"Of course i would like to manage England," said the Sunderland manager. "I rarely blow my own trumpet, i don't promote myself but i'd have a go, why not? It must be the time of your life to manage your country, even though you know what's going with it. It must be wonderful, absoulety wonderful.

"I would have thought Harry Redknapp would be the main contender but he has ruled himself out. There's not that many of us Englishmen managing in the Premier League, so why not?"

When asked if the job would be worth all the hassle and intense scrutiny that accompaines it, Bruce's reply was simply "To be England manager, it would be 100% worth it."

"You need a thick skin of course, but then you need one of those to work up here in the north-east."

"This is a fantastic job." said the 49-year-old. "But i think if i got offered England or, was in the frame, it would mean i'd done a very good job here. I think most of the supporters would be happy for that.
    Last edited by Sumner_05; 07/02/2011 at 02:27 AM.

7. Liking This Build Up Haven't Even Mentioned Mclaren Yet

8. Sumner_05's Avatar Sumner_05
    Star Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmer View Post
    Liking This Build Up Haven't Even Mentioned Mclaren Yet
    cheers mate McClaren is a brass manager
    Last edited by Sumner_05; 23/12/2010 at 04:18 PM.

9. Quote Originally Posted by sumner_05 View Post
    cheers mate mcclaren is a brass manager and not worthy of a mention
    :o.......
    Last edited by Jamie.; 20/12/2010 at 05:57 PM.

10. Sumner_05's Avatar Sumner_05
    Star Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmer View Post
    :o.......
    haha in all seriousness i completely forgot about him

11. Sumner_05's Avatar Sumner_05
    Star Player

Breaking News:

We have just heard from the FA that they are going to make an announcement regarding the England manager's job later this afternoon at 3pm.

Latest Odds:

Steve Bruce 5/1
    Sam Allardyce 7/1
    David Beckham 10/1
    Alan Shearer 13/1
    Ian Holloway 15/1
    Steve McClaren 20/1

Last edited by Sumner_05; 07/02/2011 at 02:31 AM.

12. Prince William, President of the FA

"Thankyou all for coming today" said Prince William president of the FA. " A lot of thought and time has been put in to our decision as to who would be the man to take the national team on to new heights. We decided that we wanted someone new and exciting, and through the years i dont think there's been many people who have brought us more exciting moments that this man. This man has really impressed us over the past year and has made everyone look up and take notice of him.

Ladies and Gentleman here you have the new England manager !!

(Ian Holloway enters, smiling and waving towards the many photographers gathered.)
    "I know many people will see me as the wrong man for the job, and i can see where your coming from in a way. I'm sure people think he'smanaged to get Blackpool promoted to the Premier League and all of a sudden he's England manager how does that work.However, you have to see that although i have not managed a big club before i am sure i am more than capable of handling the England player's massive egos. Is there any questions?

Ian Holloway new England manager

The Sun: Ian, congratulations on the job, and we will definately be behind you. Do you think you can start successfully with your first match against Hungary?

Holloway: Thankyou. On paper we have one of the best sides on the world but for some reason when it comes to the pitch they just can't get going and i am looking to change that because i feel these players could beat any side in the world on their day.

Daily Mirror: Will you be keeping Rio Ferdinand as captain, thinking about the amount of time he has injured?

Holloway: There's no doubt that Rio is a fantastic player but i will be changing the captain to get this new era in English football up and running.

The London Times: Whats your opinion on youth? Will you be using younger players?

Holloway:I will be changing the squad and will pick the in-form players for the squad no matter who they are or how old they are. With such talents as Jack Wilshere, Andy Carroll, Kieran Gibbs and Phil Jones among the in-form players at the moment they may well be in my first squad. As Germany have shown if you rebuild your team with youngsters it can work and that is something i may well look to emulate with this England side.

BBC Sport: What was it that made you take the job?

Holloway: Of course most people would never turn down the chance to manage their country i just want the players to respect the badge and play with passion to give their all for their country just like they do with their clubs week in week out. And if i could add 1 or 2 youngsters to the first 11 then that's no problem

Daily Sport: You are known for your one-liners, it certinaly makes you stand out during your press conferences, why do you do this ?

Holloway: I'm trying to just enjoy my life and if i'm a bit different that's great because if we were all the same there would be one massive queue outside one bird's house and she'd only like 1 of us so what a waste of time that is, true innit. So i'm a bit different but if you worked with me on the training ground you'd know what i'm about. It's about being part of a team that is much more important than you and you pulling your weight. And you never giving up and that's what it's all about and i'm being effective already and that's what i'm all about. It's not all about you son it's about us and where we're going.

Thankyou for listening and your support.
    Last edited by Sumner_05; 07/02/2011 at 02:37 AM.

13. only if he was still here
    good update mate

14. Sumner_05's Avatar Sumner_05
    Star Player
    only if he was still here
    good update mate
    Cheers mate but wat do u mean only if he was still here

15. Quote Originally Posted by Sumner_05 View Post
    Cheers mate but wat do u mean only if he was still here
    was manager of plymouth took us to 4th in the championship then went to leicester

16. Sumner_05's Avatar Sumner_05
    Star Player
    was manager of plymouth took us to 4th in the championship then went to leicester
    oh i see

17. computerholic14's Avatar computerholic14
      Andy Andy King! <3
      E I E I E I O
      Eriksson is king!
    First Team
    failed with Leicester though. the tosser!But his press conferences are the best!

18. Sumner_05's Avatar Sumner_05
    Star Player
    Quote Originally Posted by computerholic14 View Post
    failed with Leicester though. the tosser!But his press conferences are the best!
    yer ino its hard trying to emulate his style of press conferences in this story

19. computerholic14's Avatar computerholic14
      Andy Andy King! <3
      E I E I E I O
      Eriksson is king!
    First Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumner_05 View Post
    yer ino its hard trying to emulate his style of press conferences in this story
    it would be yeah, good luck

20. Sumner_05's Avatar Sumner_05
    Star Player

Holloway brings In His Own Staff

New England manager Ian Holloway today confirmed that he has released former assistant manager Italo Galbiati, coaches Franco Baldini, Massimo Neri and Franco Tancredi have also had their contracts terminated on Holloway's first day on the job. All those coaches were brought in by former manager Fabio Capello but Ian Holloway clearly does not want them and rumours say that he wants an all English backroom staff and Ian has announced today who will be taking up those roles.

England's new assistant manager Stuart Pearce

Holloway has announced that U-21 manager Stuart Pearce will become his new assistant who knows the players well and has their respect. Holloway also announced that West Ham youth Coach Tony Carr will take up the vacant U-21 position, Carr has helped West Ham produce the likes of Frank Lampard, Joe Cole, Rio Ferdinand, Michael Carrick and Jermaine Defoe.

Tony Carr new U-21 manager

The other new coaches are England legend David Seaman taking up a goalkeeping coach role. Blackburn physio David Fevre has also joined with Jamie Redknapp and the last coach to join is Chelsea coach Steve Holland.

Englands goalkeeping legend returns to take up goalkeeping coach role

David Fevre,new physio joining from Blackburn

Jamie Redknapp departed from coach at his fathers club Spurs to become part of this new England era

Chelsea coach Steve Holland has joined the new look England coaching staff
    Last edited by Sumner_05; 07/02/2011 at 02:51 AM.

21. Pugman's Avatar Pugman
    • Arsenal 2010 - Present

1 Barclays Premier League
      1 UEFA Champions League
      1 Community Sheild
      1 EURO Super Cup

Frey
      Sagna - Sakho - Vermealen - Clichy
      Fabregas - Rodwell
      Nasri ------------------------ Arshavin
      Cavani - Van Persie
    First Team
    Great story mate, KIU and it could be an all time favourite of mine.

22. Sumner_05's Avatar Sumner_05
    Star Player
    Quote Originally Posted by **Calder95** View Post
    Great story mate, KIU and it could be an all time favourite of mine.

cheers, means a lot mate. Gets my creative juices flowing when people comment next update will be Ian Holloway's first squad

23. can't wait to see your first squad
    brilliant story

24. Sumner_05's Avatar Sumner_05
    Star Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Donnelly1 View Post
    can't wait to see your first squad
    brilliant story
    cheers mate will announce squad tomorrow along with captain and vice-captain

25. Sumner_05's Avatar Sumner_05
    Star Player

Ian Holloway Names His First England Squad

Ian Holloway today named his first 26 man England squad for the friendly against Hungary in a week's time.

Holloway's first squad does include quite a few surprises as he takes iver in his first match as England manager must absently Frank Lampard has been left out of Holloway's squad.

Several players are being given the chance to win their first cap (caps correct to the FM11 default database) which include Sunderland right back Nedum Onuoha, Tottenham duo Michael Dawson and Tom Huddlestone. Other un-capped players include Gary Cahill,Kieran Gibbs, Jordan Henderson, Marc Albrighton, Jack Wilshere, Andy Carroll and Danny Wellbeck.

Theo Walcott has been handed an opportunity to redeem himself after being left out of former manager Fabio Capello's World Cup squad. The other player being given a "second chance" is West Brom keeper Scott Carson who has not played for England since that awful night at Wembley 2 years ago against Croatia where Carson let a Niko Krancjar 30 yarder slip through his hands and into the goal. Below is the squad list in full:

GOALKEEPERS

Joe Hart

Ben Foster

Scott Carson

DEFENDERS

Micah Richards

Nedum Onuoha

Phil Jagielka

Michael Dawson

John Terry

Gary Cahill

Ashley Cole

Leighton Baines

Kieran Gibbs

MIDFIELDERS

Tom Huddlestone

Gareth Barry

James Milner

Jordan Henderson

Ashley Young

Marc Albrighton

Theo Walcott

Steven Gerrard

Jack Wilshere

Adam Johnson

Stewart Downing

STRIKERS

Wayne Rooney

Andy Carroll

Danny Wellbeck

Last edited by Sumner_05; 07/02/2011 at 02:55 AM.

26. Sumner_05's Avatar Sumner_05
    Star Player

New England Captains Named

In Ian Holloway's first press conference he said he would be changing captains in this new era of English football.

Ian Holloway said that the new captain would be tireless midfielder Gareth Barry, Holloway wanted someone who gave his all and commited to England and Barry seems to fit the bill perfectly.

Holloway then went on to say that Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard would be vice-captain, as he could easily step up as captain if Barry is absent after impressing as captain when he stood in for Ferdinand at the World Cup.

So far some England fans are criticising Ian Holloway for making Barry captain as many would have prefered Gerrard to take over the role and fans were very pleased with Gerrard's performances when he stood in for ex-captain Rio Ferdinand in the World Cup.
    Last edited by Sumner_05; 07/02/2011 at 03:02 AM.

27. another good update mate, how far do you plan to take this story?

28. Sumner_05's Avatar Sumner_05
    Star Player
    another good update mate, how far do you plan to take this story?

cheers mate definitely up to Euro 2012 and possibly up to World Cup 2018 depends on how many people follow this story

29. im following it, please make it a long story its great so far, however barry as captain? mmmmmm still i great player though

30. Sumner_05's Avatar Sumner_05
    Star Player
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeMiles6 View Post
    im following it, please make it a long story its great so far, however barry as captain? mmmmmm still i great player though

cheers mate i intend to take this story all through FM11 , as for Barry as captain he is going to be a key player for my England side and i'm just trying to make this story a bit different instead of someone like Terry, Gerrard,Ferdinand or someone like that as captain

31. Quote Originally Posted by Sumner_05 View Post
    cheers mate i intend to take this story all through FM11 , as for Barry as captain he is going to be a key player for my England side and i'm just trying to make this story a bit different instead of someone like Terry, Gerrard,Ferdinand or someone like that as captain

oh right, fair enough he is a great player should of played more for us in the past

be really different and get heskey back in the side ;D jokes good story

32. Sumner_05's Avatar Sumner_05
    Star Player
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeMiles6 View Post
    oh right, fair enough he is a great player should of played more for us in the past

be really different and get heskey back in the side ;D jokes good story
    i am a big fan of Barry and haha Heskey has retired from international football

33. Just read through and this is going to be interesting! Following

34. Sumner_05's Avatar Sumner_05
    Star Player
    Quote Originally Posted by t-mase View Post
    Just read through and this is going to be interesting! Following
    cheers mate next update tommorrow will be pre-match press conference and most likely team line-ups and post match review because i am probably not going to update on Christmas day

35. i would have gave the two blues centre halfs a go as they're probably around the same standard as onuoha and richards but great story absolutely loving it

36. Sumner_05's Avatar Sumner_05
    Star Player
    Quote Originally Posted by tom1 View Post
    i would have gave the two blues centre halfs a go as they're probably around the same standard as onuoha and richards but great story absolutely loving it
    cheers mate sorry i just completely forgot about Scott Dann and Roger Johnson will most likely be in my next squad if any of my centre backs underperform

37. onuoha is amazing in Fm2011 at right back.
    see what you mean about giving barry the captaincy.
    good update

38. Sumner_05's Avatar Sumner_05
    Star Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Donnelly1 View Post
    onuoha is amazing in Fm2011 at right back.
    see what you mean about giving barry the captaincy.
    good update
    yer i heard about Onuoha and he has been in great form this season for Sunderland. Well at least someone agrees with me giving Gareth Barry the captains armband

39. For the captincy you should have chose someone different like a rodwell(and build a squad around him) or someone like Dawson/Scott Dann

40. Sumner_05's Avatar Sumner_05
    Star Player
    Quote Originally Posted by ollieconnolly View Post
    For the captincy you should have chose someone different like a rodwell(and build a squad around him) or someone like Dawson/Scott Dann
    i could off and as the story gets further on i mite well do that. My plan is to take this story to World Cup 2018 when Rodwell will be in his prime so definitely be captain in the future

41. nice nice

42. Sumner_05's Avatar Sumner_05
    Star Player
    Quote Originally Posted by ollieconnolly View Post
    nice nice
    yer hope you follow the story right till the end

43. nice story...good choice for assistant manager, u-21 manager and backroom staff!

strange squad...but I guess it is a friendly.

will deffo be following

44. Sumner_05's Avatar Sumner_05
    Star Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Rami7 View Post
    nice story...good choice for assistant manager, u-21 manager and backroom staff!

strange squad...but I guess it is a friendly.

will deffo be following
    Cheers mate about story, staff are pretty good thx for following my plan is to get to world cup 2018.

Wat do u mean strange squad ???

---------- Post added at 03:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:48 AM ----------

Pre-match press conference- England V Hungary

Itv interview man: Ian this is your first match in charge of England what is your game plan?

Ian Holloway: I want to put on a show for our fans, we didn't have a godd World Cup at all and i'm very privilaged to get this new England era under way tonight. Let's get on with this Hungary are not the best footballing side. everyone in the squad is looking forward to this and what life should all be about. the boys have impressed me a huge amount in training and i want them to continue.

ITV interview man: Ashley Cole had to miss training yesterday, how likely is he to play?

Ian Holloway: Yes its said Ashley is a terrific player in my opinon the best left back in the world but it's only a friendly i don't want to risk him so it is between Leightron Baines and Kieran Gibbs who starts.

ITV interview man: Your decision to not to include Frank Lampard in your squad has left people feeling very puzzled?

Ian Holloway: Frank Lampard has been terrififc at Chelsea but he can just not find that sort of form for England so i feel it is time for him to step aside and let another player have a chance.

ITV interview man: With 10 of the players selected in your squad un-capped, you have gone for a rather inexpereinced team?

Ian Holloway: As the golden era with the likes of the Gerrards, the Lampards and the Beckhams coming to the end of their career i feel the England national side will benefit from including younger players at a younger age just look what Germany have achieved 3rd in the last 2 World Cups both with young squads. Its the way forward innit.

ITV interview man: Doesn't your radial approach to your squad selection leave you open to criticism if the players selected don't perform?

Ian Holloway: I have selected these players because they have all impressed me over the past year and all deserve a chance and i will accept 100% responbility if things dont go as planned tonight. But i have massive faith in these players and they will delevier the goods.

Ian Holloway: I've gotta go select the team now Jeff.
    Jeff: cheers Ian.

45. Sumner_05's Avatar Sumner_05
    Star Player
    England V Hungary Team Line-Ups

On Ian Holloway's first game as England manager he has gone for a mixture of youth and experience but with a very young bench who will be looking to m,ake their debuts. Holloway has already said that he wants to encourage the youth and that is definitely shown with the starting line-up he has gone for. Come on England !!
    The Capello Era Is Over-englandvhungarypreviewl.png

Last edited by Sumner_05; 24/12/2010 at 04:14 PM.

46. good idea putting a few youngsters in there though and i agree you should give the armband to barry class player but unsure about albrighton maybe a little too inexperienced considering he hardly never play for villa on the game

definitely following

47. Great story mate, i'm not a fan of Carson myself though, i would have gone for Loach maybe

48. Sumner_05's Avatar Sumner_05
    Star Player
    Quote Originally Posted by tom1 View Post
    good idea putting a few youngsters in there though and i agree you should give the armband to barry class player but unsure about albrighton maybe a little too inexperienced considering he hardly never play for villa on the game

definitely following
    cheers mate i picked Albrighton because he was on fire for Villa in pre-season and form this season. A lot of people have critised me for choosing Barry as captain but i'm just trying to make this story a bit different and not have someone like Gerrad or Ferdinand

---------- Post added at 07:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by avfctom View Post
    Great story mate, i'm not a fan of Carson myself though, i would have gone for Loach maybe
    cheers, i know Carson can be a bit dodgy at times might have a look at Loach but i would like him to be playing in the Premier League to eb honest

49. Sumner_05's Avatar Sumner_05
    Star Player

England 5-1 Hungary

Leighton Baines scored the 1st goal in the new England era after England had fallen behind to a shock Hungary goal.

England were completely dominant in the 5-1 victory over Hungary in which was Ian Holloways first game in charge. Although the scoreline looks very convincing it was a lot tighter than people thought with England just shaded possession 52% to Hungarys 48%. Things did not get off to a good start for England with hungary dominating the early stages and they went ahead in the 17th minute when Ben Foster could only parry a shot straight onto Fulhams Zoltan Geras feet and he tapped it in.

That was really the wake up call England needed and after the goal they really started to get going and equalised 5 minutes later from Ashley Young's corner headed in by Everton left back Leighton Baines at the near post. Rooney then put England head after after a brilliant 40 yard pass from Marc Albrighton and Rooney hit a 30 yard thunderbolt which no keeper in the world would have saved.

England's 3rd goal came just before half time after yet another Albrighton cross to Villa teammate Ashley young to tap it in. England made all their subsitutes at half time with 5 players coming on to make their debuts. The 2nd half started exactly the same a steh first half with Hungary having lots of early pressure but in the 64th minute Danny Welbeck announced himself to the England fans after a through ball from Jordan Henderson who went round the keeper to slot the ball home. And to round things off Welbeck scores an amazing 30 yarder. It could have been 6 but Jack Wilshere was denied a debut goal after he was given offside when he burried teh ball home.

Ian Holloway was quoted after the match saying " I am absoulety estatic with the lads.Even though we went behind they never gave up and pleased with evry single one of my players. espically MOM Ashley Young but it could of easily gone to Leighton Baines or Danny Welbeck. I really am lovin this and can't wait for the next game."

Ashley Young MOM
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Capello Era Is Over-englandvhungaryfulltime.png  
    Last edited by Sumner_05; 07/02/2011 at 03:10 AM.

50. Great first result mate, wierdly enough, a while ago i did England and my first game was 5-2 , Rooney hat-trick, Carroll and Agbonlahor were my scorers, I hope you do well as England boss mate and keep the updates coming

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO