Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By WeArePalace
  • 2 Post By WeArePalace

Cambridge United: Starting from the Bottom

1. Cambridge United: Starting from the Bottom

Cambridge United: Starting from the Bottom-cambridge-badge.jpgBRINGING SUCCESS TO THE U'S
    Cambridge United are a side which have been around for quite a long time. While they've never reached the glories of the Premier League, they've settled for a consistent spot in the Football League. Their best ever finish was 8th in the Sky Bet Championship and they've been as low as the National League. After my Sassuolo story came to an abrupt end, I've gone for something more long term, where I've ruled out the possibility of doing too well pretty much, as there is promotion to deal with. I want a long term story and attempting to take Cambridge to the heights of the Premier League certainly falls under that category.

The team definitley falls under the mid-table status for a League Two side, however two Aston Villa loanees, Jake Doyle-Hayes and Rushian Hepburn-Murphy are standout League Two players and will be key in our fight to push further up the league table. The board want a mid-table finish, with the media predicting 12th. Ultimately, play-offs/promotion is the aim for any club, but spending another season in this division won't be a problem. This side isn't too consistent, so I do need to be wary that a relegation fight isn't impossible.

Thanks for reading

Next Update: Squad Overview

2. Cambridge United: Starting from the Bottom-photo-1.jpgCAMBRIDGE UTD SQUAD OVERVIEW
    GOALKEEPERS + DEFENDERS
    Goalkeepers
    Name:  Finley Iron.PNG
Views: 3
Size:  18.0 KB
    Finley Iron - Young 18 GK who will never really play a part in the team. I will look to loan him out first few seasons as no one will probably buy him. His current ability is 1 1/2 star and his potential is 3 stars.

Name:  David Forde.PNG
Size:  18.1 KB
    David Forde - Our current starting GK is now 38 years old, and already isn't too good. Someone I could get off the wage budget but I'll keep him as he plays an important part in our dressing room.

Name:  Dimitar Mitov 2.PNG
Size:  16.3 KB
    Dimitar Mitov - The 21 year old Bulgarian is our best GK in my opinion. Should I not be able to afford a new GK, I'll play him from the start so he grows quicker. His current ability is 2 1/2 stars and he can grow to 4 1/2 stars.

Kevin Pilkington- And then there's Kevin Pilkington. A 44 year old GK whose current ability is 1 1/2 stars. He has no particular role in the dressing room either, but his
    £600 value means I don't really have any use for him in terms of keeping or selling.

Targets: The GK department is certainly one which needs improvement. Probably our weakest area in the team, as aside from Mitov I don't really favour as they're either quite old or have no particular potential. I'll look to sign a new GK, with Tottenham's Alfie Whiteman or Oldham's Zeus De La Paz on my shortlist at the moment.

Defenders
    Name:  Bradley Halliday 2.PNG
Size:  18.8 KB
    Bradley Halliday - Our starting RB is a key player at just 23 and is injured for the first few matches but will come straight into the team when available. The guy has 4 star potential and the ability to be a good League One defender.
    Name:  George Taft.PNG
Size:  16.2 KB
    George Taft - Will be my starting CB for at least the first season and we don't have the best CB's but they should be good enough. Taft is my best one at 3 star current ability with the potential to get to 4.
    Name:  Harry Darling 2.PNG
Size:  17.4 KB
    Harry Darling - 19 years old and already in my starting line-up. Definitely a prospect at my team with the only major negative being his high injury risk. Currently 2 1/2 current ability and can grow to 4 1/2 star potential.
    Name:  Jake Carroll.PNG
Size:  16.1 KB
    Jake Carroll - Starting LB and I don't mind the look of Jake Carroll. Crossing and pace is decent as is dribbling. His defensive stats aren't amazing but not abysmal and they'll be good enough.Currently 3 star ability and at 26 won't grow any further.
    Name:  Leon Davies 2.PNG
Size:  16.5 KB
    Leon Davies - Young RB who is likely my best prospect at the club. RB is sorted for the first few seasons with Halliday and Davies able to do it until we reach the Championship should I still be here. 2 1/2 star current ability with the potential to get to 5 stars.
    Name:  Louis John.PNG
Size:  17.6 KB
    Louis John - A player who I'm not sure what to do with. Will keep as a back-up for now but will probably sell him after 1 or 2 seasons. Current ability of 2 1/2 star with the potential to grow to 3 1/2 stars.
    Name:  Greg Taylor.PNG
Size:  17.8 KB
    Greg Taylor - 28 year old who despite being better than Darling won't really work himself into my team too much as I don't fancy him a lot. 3 star ability and won't grow.

Hayden Coulson
    - This guy is pretty decent but only on loan from Middlesbrough, he will be back-up though as I'd prefer to start Carroll as he's here permanently. Current 3 star ability with 5 star potential.
    Name:  Jordan Norville-Williams.PNG
Size:  19.6 KB
    Jordan Norville-Williams - Loan listed LB who won't really feature at 2 star ability. Can get to 4 star ability at 18 years old but he might grow at the wrong times for the side and never really play a part in the team.

Next Update: Squad Overview Part 2 (Midfielders and Attackers)

3. Cambridge United: Starting from the Bottom-photo-2.jpgCAMBRIDGE UTD SQUAD OVERVIEW
    MIDFIELDERS AND ATTACKERS

Midfielders
    Name:  David Amoo.PNG
Views: 1
Size:  17.1 KB
    David Amoo - Starting RM and has some really nice stats on him. Definite starter for the first season and looking forward to using this guy. Current 3 star ability with the ability to grow to 3 1/2 stars.

Jake Doyle-Hayes - The on-loan Villa midfielder is already a star player with 4 star ability and the potential to get to 4 1/2. A permanent deal would be amazing if we could do it later on in this save as he is listed with the potential to make it in the Premier League at just 19 years old.

Name:  George Maris 2.PNG
Size:  17.4 KB
    George Maris - Arguably my star midfielder being only 22 and his workrate on and off the ball will be very helpful to the team. Currently 3 1/2 ability with the potential to grow to 4 1/2 star potential

Name:  Harrison Dunk.PNG
    Harrison Dunk - Dunk is an interesting one. While he's likely my starting LM, he doesn't look that great and will not grow from his current 3 star ability. However with a minimal transfer budget, he'll likely stay there for the season.

Name:  Gary Deegan.PNG
Size:  22.0 KB
    Gary Deegan - The 30 year old DM is someone who I'm looking to replace. With 3 star ability and no room to really grow, Deegan doesn't present someone who is going to remain at the club. While he is the captain, he won't be in my plans.

Name:  Emmanuel Osadebe.PNG
    Emmanuel Osadebe - The 21 year old can become decent but I'll probably just let him depart when the first offer comes in as he is currently 2 1/2 star and his maximum potential is 4 star, which when he reaches that the rest of the team will likely be improved.

Name:  Reggie Lambe 2.PNG
Size:  17.1 KB
    Reggie Lambe - One of the lesser players in my team. 2 1/2 star ability at 27 and he's likely Number 1 on my 'To Sell' list. In the meantime, he'll be the back-up to Harrison Dunk, neither of who are necessarily great.

Name:  Liam O'Neil 2.PNG
Size:  21.0 KB
    Liam O'Neil - Another player similar to Lambe which I will look to sell, as he only is 2 1/2 star which grows to 3. Deegan is a back-up for the DM position so O'Neil serves no real purpose.

Name:  Sam Squire 2.PNG
Size:  16.6 KB
    Sam Squire - The midfielder is actually a decent prospect in the team who I would rather use over O'Neil despite only having 2 star ability. He can grow to 4 1/2 stars and I'd much favour youth than slightly better players.

Name:  Lee Watkins.PNG
Size:  16.9 KB
    Lee Watkins - Not much to say about this guy. Decent prospect from 2 stars to 4 stars but again will likely grow at the wrong times. Will certainly look to loan him out first season.

Name:  Thomas Knowles.PNG
Views: 0
Size:  16.6 KB
    Thomas Knowles - Just like Watkins, Knowles has the same current and potential ability but I might keep him as we don't have as many wide midfielders and he could be a back-up RM.

Name:  Paul Lewis.PNG
Views: 6
Size:  15.7 KB
    Paul Lewis - Decent back-up at 23 years old. Very decent bench player and can grow and maintain his position for a few seasons. Currently 2 1/2 stars with the potential to get to 3 1/2 stars.

Name:  Jevani brown 2.PNG
Size:  17.2 KB
    Jevani Brown - A key player but has major injury problems and begins the save with a small injury. He'll play a key role with his current 3 1/1 ability which can get to 4 1/2 star.

Targets: Nothing much, a new DM to replace Deegan would be perfect. That's the main target across the whole team barring the GK position. Aside from that, the transfer market isn't something I need to invest too much into.

Attackers
    Name:  Rushian Hepburn-Murphy.PNG
Size:  20.8 KB
    Rushian Hepburn-Murphy - The other Villa loanee at the team - a wonderful striker and still a teenager. He can get to Premier League level as well, and if I can permanently nab this Villa duo, then I'll be set for a few seasons with them. Currently 4 star ability, can grow to 5 stars.

Name:  Jabo Ibehre.PNG
Size:  14.5 KB
    Jabo Ibehre - The oldest player in the team at 35 years old and nothing too special to be honest with 3 star ability and no growth. I'll likely keep him though as I won't generate any funds off his sale.

Name:  Alex Jones.PNG
Size:  17.6 KB
    Alex Jones
    - Another on-loan striker who looks very decent as well. Also 4 star ability and can grow to 4 1/2 stars so he'll be solid as a back-up and deserves to start but is injured for 2 months and I'm only starting one up top.

Name:  Matt Foy.PNG
Size:  17.2 KB
    Matt Foy - Another 2 star to 4 star player - nothing special. When an offer comes in for you mate, bye!

Next Update: Pre-Season and Transfer Window

4. Cambridge United: Starting from the Bottom-photo-1.jpgPRE-SEASON AND TRANSFER UPDATE
    We don't have much budget at all so loans will be key and likely all I can push for in the window. A young prospect might be an option and I'll see what I can find. Ultimately my three targets were a GK, CB and CDM.

And we only did sign 3 players being the positions I wanted, and I was very satisfied with who we've nabbed. We signed two players on loan and one permanent deal being for the CB position.
    Cambridge United: Starting from the Bottom-alfie-whiteman.png
    Our first signing was young Tottenham GK Alfie Whiteman and he is most certainly a big step up from what we had prior had in the club. The young lad is a top prospect for our club and reach Premier League heights. Stoked with loaning this guy in ahead of other League Two clubs!
    Cambridge United: Starting from the Bottom-saul-shotton.png
    Our permanent signing of the window was Saul Shotton, a 17 year old CB with interest from Stoke. I was delighted when I nabbed this guy and I may put him in the starting line-up ahead of Harry Darling as they are quite similar. Stoked with this and a great piece of business for just 112k.
    Cambridge United: Starting from the Bottom-claduio-gomes.png
    The final deal was the one I was most pleased with, young CDM Claudio Gomes coming in from Manchester City on loan. He already presents a star quality and another great piece of business.
    Cambridge United: Starting from the Bottom-pre-season-results.png
    And to top it all off pre-season was perfect! The stunning win over Championship side Ipswich topped it off as we won every game!!! Hepburn-Murphy was the star man, and his penalty taking is very solid. He got 6 goals in the 5 matches. Maris got a hat-trick in a 5-0 win over Bromley which was great as well.

+ Reply to Thread

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO