Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kessy

[HELP] Inverted WB 3-4-3 Diamond

1. [HELP] Inverted WB 3-4-3 Diamond

Hello! I'm a returning player from FM 2012.
    I've been playing PES since it's Winning Eleven series and throughout the years I have developed a formation and tactics that fit my playing style.
    It's a tactic I came up with, which was heavily influenced by Guardiola.
    The tactic I use is a in-between of Guardiola's MAN City tactics & Thiago Motta's 2-7-2 tactics.
    Please help me recreate this tactic please as I am out of touch since FM12

My formation at first glance: A normal 4-3-3 system, however...

On the ball: Team plays high possession and high up the pitch same as Guardiola's team.
    1) One of the two CB pushes up, joining the three MF & becomes a ball playing DMF, while the other CB stays behind similar to a Libero (Sweeper) role in a Catenaccio.

2) Both WB/FB become inverted so they tuck inside making the formation look like a 3 in the back with a DMF just in front. However, if the ball is on the WB side of play that wingback pushes high joining the winger.
    3) One of the three MF becomes a AMC with two CMF behind, while the aforementioned CB becomes a DMF behind the two CMF.
    4) The two wingers are extremely wide and the CF plays deeper role carrying off opposing CB.
    So in possession it looks like a 3-4-3 diamond, but when one of the inverted WB/FBjoins the attack it becomes more of a 2-4-4 diamond.

Out of possession :
    Extremely high pressing especially during opposition long-balls. If failing to win the ball back within seconds the formation resets to a 4-3-3

Is there anything I need to mention more? Please let me know
    [HELP] Inverted WB 3-4-3 Diamond-1782555431_2-4-4diamond.jpg.4002bfda1f6c48f92682750e251a17fc.jpg

2. Hi,
    I found those images very interesting so I tried to create a tactic around them. But to the best of my knowledge, I do not think it is possible to do that in FM because:
    -you can only have a Libero when you play with 3 CBs
    -even with a CM on attack duty, he does not move centrally enough to allow even a DM on support duty to move up to that side. A segundo volunte could have worked but this position is available only with 2 CDMs.

So overall it is very difficult or maybe impossible to have that tactic in FM. Nevertheless, I tried to replicate that in-possession shape and I tried it in the game (just one game though so I am not confident about the reliability of the tactic) I won 4-0 against Leicester using my current Man Utd team with a 62% possession.
    I use pressing traps (close down FBs and WBs and force them to play centrally where I have lots of players, close down CMs, close down AML/R and force them to go wide...).

Do not be afraid to change the mentality (towards lower rank preferably since you are playing with virtually 1 CB.

Feel free to try it and please let me know the kind of result you have.
    Attached Files
    jhl1989 likes this.

3. Quote Originally Posted by kessy View Post
    Hi,
    I found those images very interesting so I tried to create a tactic around them. But to the best of my knowledge, I do not think it is possible to do that in FM because:
    -you can only have a Libero when you play with 3 CBs
    -even with a CM on attack duty, he does not move centrally enough to allow even a DM on support duty to move up to that side. A segundo volunte could have worked but this position is available only with 2 CDMs.

So overall it is very difficult or maybe impossible to have that tactic in FM. Nevertheless, I tried to replicate that in-possession shape and I tried it in the game (just one game though so I am not confident about the reliability of the tactic) I won 4-0 against Leicester using my current Man Utd team with a 62% possession.
    I use pressing traps (close down FBs and WBs and force them to play centrally where I have lots of players, close down CMs, close down AML/R and force them to go wide...).

Do not be afraid to change the mentality (towards lower rank preferably since you are playing with virtually 1 CB.

Feel free to try it and please let me know the kind of result you have.

Wow thanks! Will try it out

4. Quote Originally Posted by jhl1989 View Post
    Wow thanks! Will try it out
    ok cool

+ Reply to Thread

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO