Problem with FM 2008 loading?

1. Max's Avatar MaxPremium Member
    Premium Member

Problem with FM 2008 loading?

Hello

Well after rummaging around I found my old FM 2008 game which I've wanted to play for ages

But there's a slight problem. I've installed the game using the auto run setup option, and I chose the option to load up the game when finished installing, but it didn't load up and at the end of installing it had a message something along the lines of "Football Manager 2008 installed but a few errors occurred during installation" and I've tried to load it up several times and reinstall it several times but no luck.

Anyone have any idea if I need to download anything, or if my disc has a problem with itself?

Cheers

2. Reinstall max mabye, fm 2008 is beast - Bogdan Stancu and Aaritalo oh aye and pablo piatti

3. Max's Avatar MaxPremium Member
    Premium Member
    As I said in the OP, I have already reinstalled several times

4. i recalled that i had no problems after installing from the disc for fm 08. i dont remember having to download anything as well.....

what im guessing is that there's a problem with your disc. i tried installing cm 0304 a week ago with the disc as well but for some reason, my com cant detect the disc no matter what. there are no scratches or whatsoever as well

5. Max's Avatar MaxPremium Member
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cmh9090 View Post
    i recalled that i had no problems after installing from the disc for fm 08. i dont remember having to download anything as well.....

what im guessing is that there's a problem with your disc. i tried installing cm 0304 a week ago with the disc as well but for some reason, my com cant detect the disc no matter what. there are no scratches or whatsoever as well
    That sucks

My computer detects it, but just won't load it

6. Max's Avatar MaxPremium Member
    Premium Member
    This is the message it gives after installation..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Problem with FM 2008 loading?-fm2008-fooked.jpg  

7. Max's Avatar MaxPremium Member
    Premium Member
    Don't worry, I found my brain and deleted the old FM2008 Sports Interactive folder in my documents, and then reinstalled and went into my C Drive > Program Files > Sports Interactive > FM.exe

Working fine now

8. Chris's Avatar ChrisPremium Member
    • 4. Chelsea 40 +15
      --------------------------------
      5. Arsenal 36 +7
      6. Newcastle 36 +5
      7. Liverpool 35 +6
      8. Stoke 30 -9
      9. Norwich 28 -4
      10. Swansea 26 -2