Football Manager 2008 8.0.2 Patch and January Transfer Update Now Available
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1. Football Manager 2008 8.0.2 Patch and January Transfer Update Now Available

The update includes all of the transfers from the January transfer window and the latest (and hopefully final) patch for Football Manager 2008.

DOWNLOAD HERE

Full changelist can be found here

2. good lad Sean. Pitty it's not uploaded yet

3. 32 mins and counting

4. Gotta start playing FM08 again. Cant believe Ive neglected it so long for FML.

5. and it's on its wayy w00t

6. Enjoy it (Y)

7. Best Feature is the English Premier League getting 7 subs after the first season.

8. cool, its so annoying only being allowed 5

9. Sorted, didnt know that about the subs. Thats my save game out the window then, was only 3 seasons in anyway

10. cheers sebay

11. From the makers:

Issue - Tottenham become very rich, and Portsmouth poor, in the first season.

Who will it affect - Affects all newly started games with 8.02 data update.

Fix - using the data editor provided with the game, load the 8.02 database into the editor. Search in the "clubs" section for "Portsmouth". Go to the "finances" tab, then "contract clauses 2". Find "Jermain Defoe" (5th from bottom in the list). Change "per league appearances" to "after league appearances".

Issue - Problem with the WWSM Mac digital download data editor, and not being able to find users edited data.

Who will it affect - People who have the Worldwide Soccer Manager digital download 8.02 patch only.

Fix - Go to Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2008/db

Move files in there to Documents/Sports Interactive/Worldwide Soccer Manager 2008/db

Start game, and the files will be there.

Both of these issues were missed by the test teams, internatl and external, and were human errors. We apologise for any convenience caused, and will likely re-issue the patches at some point with these changes made, but at least these workarounds are easily fixed by the user.

12. I am getting an error when trying to install the update.

It says something about the data editor being used by another person or program when its trying to updae that file. And then the installer stops, anyone else had this issue or is there a known workaround

Cheerz

13. Do you have FM open while you're trying to update it?

14. Quote Originally Posted by tet View Post
    I am getting an error when trying to install the update.

It says something about the data editor being used by another person or program when its trying to updae that file. And then the installer stops, anyone else had this issue or is there a known workaround

Cheerz
    Thats most likely becasue you are seeding the torrent. When you have removed the torrent(not data and torrent !!!!) then you can run the update
    (just leftclick the torrent in your "torrentprogram)and then choose remove, torrent)

pelle

15. HoneyMonster
    or just close the torrent client, run update, once complete re-open the client. SORTED

16. I can just update straight from original to patch 2 right? Or do I have to get the other patches first?

17. You can but might be better to go from 801 first.

18. Quote Originally Posted by Daire View Post
    I can just update straight from original to patch 2 right? Or do I have to get the other patches first?
    Yeh you can update straight to this one (Y)

19. Quote Originally Posted by pelle mandorff View Post
    Thats most likely becasue you are seeding the torrent. When you have removed the torrent(not data and torrent !!!!) then you can run the update
    (just leftclick the torrent in your "torrentprogram)and then choose remove, torrent)

pelle
    Cheerz for the help every1, dont know how to do multiple quotes coz im a loser. Ill try this (Y)

20. Ive closed the torrent program and removed the seeding torrent, plus fm is closed. Now i have had to reinstall fm and its still not installing, any ideas?

Cheerz

21. Just try downloading it the regular way, instead of torrents?

GL.

22. Yeah i thought that but now its 8.0.1 that isnt installing, its like there is something interacting with the data editor and fm.exe even though they have both been unistalled.

23. Done it! It was my spyware remover that was causing the issue, i always disable my virus scan whilst installing but i never thought to do the same with my spyware software.

Thanks for all ya suggestions

24. Ah spyware scanner. Well at least we know now so we can let other people know if they're having the same problem

25. Exclamation the new skin download

i just downloaded the new skins that looked really cool and followed the instructions to get it working but it doesnt seem to come up in the drop down box please help

26. Quote Originally Posted by harty4united View Post
    i just downloaded the new skins that looked really cool and followed the instructions to get it working but it doesnt seem to come up in the drop down box please help
    Probably wrong section here, but I'll help you out.

In My Documents>SI>FM08 do you have a 'Graphics' folder created?

If not, make one, and out the skin files in there.

27. nah still no

28. Have you set a custom user data folder in your options? If so you need to put the skins there instead.
    Last edited by Lee; 17/02/2008 at 01:24 AM.

29. a what?

30. I guess that's a no then.

31. Harty, if you post a screenshot of your FM08 folder we might be able to see what's wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    I guess that's a no then.

32. having a little trouble getting it to work just wondering if you guys could help me.
    ive downloaded the file from the link just wondering what i do next lol?

33. Just run the file and it should set up for you (Y)

34. im having bit of trouble when i click run it does but then comes up with error cant read file block 36 is this a problem or will it still work

35. I'm not sure what that error means. Try restarting your computer and try again.

36. does anyone fancy a online game at all

37. Quote Originally Posted by harty4united View Post
    does anyone fancy a online game at all
    Do you want your skin or not?:irked:

38. Mine is saying error reading file block 28? Can aynone help

39. I had that problem, but mine was with block 46. All i did was download it again and it worked fine.

40. yes i would but it just wont work ive done what you have said and the instructions

41. maybe its because you can't construct sentences

42. It is a case of a corrupt download. Just try downloading again and it should work :thup:

43. when installing this it says error reading file block 37, any1 got any idea what this is or how 2 fix it

44. Oh my fcukin lord!!

If you read this page it's been posted 2 what you have to do.

45. yer and i followed the fuwking instructions and it still dont work

46. I was replying to agggzouigbilznyi. :/

47. Quote Originally Posted by harty4united View Post
    yer and i followed the fuwking instructions and it still dont work
    I'm sorry but that IS what's wrong. The site has been having a few server problems and I think that maybe the file isn't downloading fully. Just keep trying (it only takes 10 mins or so to download).

48. my aplologise daire sean i was talking bout downloading the skin

49. Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    (it only takes 10 mins or so to download).
    Not with my super duper fast download speeds it didnt

50. cant seem to get it to work ?

hi how come after i installed the patch and load up football manager it says no disk??????????? can anyone help me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO