Recurring Purchases

1. Recurring Purchases

Which players do you always seem to buy when you start a new game on FM?

There's always some players where it doesn't matter which cub you are - maybe out of the top 4/5 - where you will always buy them.

I'm normally clubs like Boro or Championship clubs (Hull).

I normally buy/look at buying/try to buy;

Vincent Enyeama (Everyone knows about him) - Great GK.

Tommy Spurr - DLC - Quite good for Championship Side.
    Danny Simpson - RB for Hull, did ok.

Herold Goulon - Loan for Championship or below.
    Rocco Quinn - just noticed him and always try to buy when in Champ now.

Gabriel Torje - AMRL/ST i think, good youngster.

Mika Aaritalo - Good for most prem clubs - awesome for Championship clubs.

Tamas Priskin -Good for Champ.

--

So who do you always end up going back to?

2. Nop I don't have any on FM 2008. Everytime I've played I've been a completely different team and none of them really have the same transfer targets.

3. never really go for the same players over and over.

4. erm theres a few youngsters off that promising youngsters shortlist that was kickin around here that i look at but try not to go for the same players all the time as it gets boring quickly

5. I find in terms of big teams the same players usually move.

Mutu, Montolivio-Arse
    Pandev-Lpool usually
    Diego-Chelsea

Thats all I can remember atm but theres defiently more

6. Point/Counterpoint's Avatar Point/Counterpoint
    • Hey do what you want, but don't do it around me. Idleness and dissipation breed apathy. I sit on my ass all goddamn day, a misanthropic anthropoid with nothing to
      say. Say what you must, do all you can, break all the fucking rules and go to hell with superman and die like a champion, yah hey!
    First Team
    Priskin like you said. A few scots like David Clarkson for instance. Can't remember any others, but I know there's a few more.

7. For me I always try to get Sergio Aguerro, Ben Arfa, and Pablo Aimar. I never seem to buy the same striker all the time though, I like to try out all the awesome guys.

8. I do look for the same players. Several were already at high profile clubs and unrealistic targets. Some were not in my large database at all like JM Murillo, PC Skeilbred, DF Holm. Sergio Ortega and Sergey Petrov and some like Oswaldo Chaurrant rejected any contracts. I tracked Loic Nestor and Oumar Sissoko for my Gunnilse game but when I had got the club into a position of capability to sign them, they had gone well out of my wage and price ranges.

9. Lauri Dalla Valle

10. anyone Romania for me basically.

Dalla Valles at Liverpool after the patch boozad

11. Quote Originally Posted by Gregor View Post
    Dalla Valles at Liverpool after the patch boozad
    Which is why I'm still playing the first game I started on 08, before the patch

12. Exclamation

Im pretty new to this forum but i have played FM 08 since it came out
    My favourite team is Liverpool, but i rarely play them.
    I usually play Skeid or Rosenborg.

Right now im playing with Rosenborg

Here is my list of awsome purchases:
    Patrik Lomski - Offensive left/right can also play Forward. He just scores alot. His stats increased alot after i got him on my team with the right training.
    Logan Bailly - Awsome Keeper Especially in Champions league.
    Yegor Filipenko - Well i used him as a defensive mid. Whenever i face good teams. Well rounded player could also play defence
    Faton Hoti - Offensive mid has a great shot and usually scores in every match.
    Martial Yao - This guy can play anything on the left side. He is very fast and an excelent player. Never stops runing.
    Tomas Necid - Forward very good scores alot of goals in tight spots.
    Håvard Nordtveit - This guy is always on the field for me, good in the air and he runs alot. He is usually somwhere central from the midfield and back
    As for Mika Ääritalo - he is just a superb player good with the ball and can do pretty much anything alone.

Also Mika Ääritalo but he is allready mentioned
    All very cheap and awsome players

Edited added some info on each player.
    Last edited by Chillern; 21/06/2008 at 01:54 PM.

13. Nordtveit is a very good signing, usually good enough after 2-3 seaons to be a regular at most EPL clubs and then 6ish seasons in hes good enough for anyone

14. Quote Originally Posted by Chillern View Post
    Håvard Nordtveit
    I have him with my Liverpool team, he's my 4th choice at the moment but he's awesome. Never heard of the other players you've mentioned though.

15. Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    I have him with my Liverpool team, he's my 4th choice at the moment but he's awesome. Never heard of the other players you've mentioned though.
    They are awsome and cheap.
    I have some other stars also but they aint that cheap
    Thiago Neves - This guy is good almost anywhere from midfield and up.
    Dejan Milovanovic -this guy scores alot of goals on free kicks. One of the main reasons i won the Champions League last year im now in year 2010
    Federico Laurito - Young Italien scoring machine
    Guilherme - Young Keeper and awsome at his job.

I thought i should give them a few lines of info

16. Martial Yao is pretty good, never signed him though.

Logan Baillys pretty decent but again never signed him.

Thiago Neves pwnz, got him for free with Everton and he got signing of the season, hes also my first choice AMC in 2015 for Brazil

17. Quote Originally Posted by Chillern View Post
    Federico Laurito - Young Italien scoring machine
    Isn't he Argentinian? Was in my 07 game...

18. I have had Lomski before, haven't found him on any games since. Was decent for me as LW in the championship.

19. samleggott's Avatar samleggottPremium Member
    Premium Member
    billy sharp

hero

20. i tend to always buy henry saivet and mamadho sakho

21. Quote Originally Posted by Joe Boy 1986 View Post
    i tend to always buy henry saivet and mamadho sakho
    Ditto. Also try and get Sankhare, Aquino and Nordtveit

22. oh yeah, i normally buy georginio wijnaldum from feyenoord on a free, bung him in my youth team, and then flog him to chelsea for £10m in a couple of years

23. Quote Originally Posted by Joe Boy 1986 View Post
    oh yeah, i normally buy georginio wijnaldum from feyenoord on a free, bung him in my youth team, and then flog him to chelsea for £10m in a couple of years
    I've signed about 20 youths, Wij included, and got them all in my youth team hoping for just that. Sell them on in a few seasons for big money

24. wijnaldum is worth holding onto though, sometimes he becomes world class, some times just good

25. hallo all.... nice to meet u..

all, did u know Fazio?who is he?

26. I like being in the lower league!!! its harder having no money and working my way up!!!

i just try and get all different players on free or on loan then buy players with money i get from selling players!!

its hard but fun in end!!!

27. Simone Tiribocchi - great target man and scores for fun in the Championship plus keeps scoring in prem.
    Manuel Pasqual - good left back.

28. aquino, j.fleck, sakho, valle, potensial n good player

promo ah... my fm2009
    Last edited by kakekukeko; 22/09/2008 at 12:33 AM.

29. buying players

i try to buy nasri from psv most of the time:-D

30. Quote Originally Posted by Robroy26 View Post
    i try to buy nasri from psv most of the time:-D
    Good luck with that 'cos Nasri plays for Marseille (wh)

31. samleggott's Avatar samleggottPremium Member
    Premium Member
    or arsenal on the update

32. Saivet, Stephen Defour and Cristian Nazarith for me.

33. on my game chelsea always buy goran pandev

34. micah richard, niklas bendtner............

35. I tend to just scout around and find someone who fits the team, but for big clubs i tend to keep my eyes on David Villa and David Silva....there are actually a hell load of Spanish players in the unders squad that are ace.

36. Tonas579's Avatar Tonas579
    • Newcastle United

Into Season 8: Premiership wins: 5, Carling Cup wins: 6, FA Cup wins: 6, Super Cup wins: 4, Community Shield wins: 6. Champions league wins: 3,Club World Championship wins: 3, Confederations cup wins: 1
    First Team
    Keirrison, Alexis Sanchez, Laurito, Paloschi, Thiago Silva, Akinfeev.... to be honest i buy pretty much the same squad everytime :\ lol. Hey but could you resist not buying a squad you knew was gonna win? :|

37. Think of it this way..Sir Alex Ferguson has a Champions League winning team, do you think if he went to another club he'd buy all the same players ?

A manager does have his own shortlist of players, but not all of them are right for the team he is managing

38. Tonas579's Avatar Tonas579
    • Newcastle United

Into Season 8: Premiership wins: 5, Carling Cup wins: 6, FA Cup wins: 6, Super Cup wins: 4, Community Shield wins: 6. Champions league wins: 3,Club World Championship wins: 3, Confederations cup wins: 1
    First Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe_McG_88 View Post
    Think of it this way..Sir Alex Ferguson has a Champions League winning team, do you think if he went to another club he'd buy all the same players ?

A manager does have his own shortlist of players, but not all of them are right for the team he is managing
    Yeah but unfortunatly the game doesn't work that way, the players work in any team.

39. saivet and wijnaldum

+ Reply to Thread

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO