7. I get an "XML Parsing Error" when launching the game
* This appears to happen sometimes if the game encounters a problem and quits unexpectedly and settings become corrupt as a result of this.
Deleting your settings should in most cases:
- Make sure FM is not running.
- On Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Demo\settings\ (using Windows Explorer, Application Data is hidden by default but you should get to it by typing the path)
- On Windows Vista: C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Demo\settings\ (using Windows Explorer, AppData is hidden but you should get to it by typing the path)
- On Mac OS X: /Users//Library/Preferences/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2009 Demo/ (In the Finder Sidebar: Click your username, then go to Library -> Preferences -> etc..)
- Delete all sub-folders in this (the 'Settings' folder). Do not delete the entire "Football Manager 2009" folder in "Application Data"
- Now try to run the game.