Poll: How are you finding this story?

Gunning for Youth: Arsenal Quest for Victory
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1. Gunning for Youth: Arsenal Quest for Victory

On July 1st 2009 Simon Casey took charge of Arsenal FC, this young Irish man has been tipped by many to be on his way to the sparkling success of seeing his name carved in the Hall of Fame. We will follow his success with season update at first but will be followed by monthly updates. Feel free to comment ask for screenshots etc. Please note this game was started on Chris22 update and one of the earlier versions. With finally a new laptop and no more sitting at a desk, my long term stories are back. I hope you follow, let’s start with season one………..

Season 2009/2010

Casey came in with a mentally that the base of the squad was good enough, he didn’t plan bring in many players that would challenge for a 1st team spot but mainly aimed on bringing in youth with would enable less spending in the future and more income for those who improved but didn’t quite reach the bar of excellence which will be required. The most expensive signing of the summer was Romelu Lukaku from Anderlecht for £12.5m, a lot for a 16 year old but one of the biggest youngsters on the planet as most of you will know. I will now give a list of the player how came in the where expected to challenge or break into the squad. Will be shown in order of… name, position expected to challenge for, previous club and price

David James (GK) –free transfer
    Yannick Djalo (ST) – Sporting CP - £800K
    Liedson (ST) - Sporting CP - £6M
    Joseph Yobo (CD) – Everton - £7.25M
    Etienne Capoue (CM) – Toulouse - £8.75M
    Vincent Enyeama (GK) – H.Tel-Aviv - £220K
    Colin Kazim-Richards (RW) – Fenerbahce - £1.2M
    Simon Vukcevic (LW) - Sporting CP- £8.75M

January Window

Goran Pandev (ST) – Inter - £3.9M

Not many left the club but a high number of youngster went on loan with I will get to later. The player that left were as follows…….

Jay Simpson – Leeds - £2.1M
    Mark Randall - Everton - £2.1M
    Lukasz Fabianski – Olympiakos - £2.7M
    Manuel Alumina – Stuttgart – Ln Fee £700K
    Tomas Rosicky – Bordeaux – Ln Fee £1.4M
    Nicklas Bendtner – Birmingham - £7.5M

January Window

Denilson – Schalke - £6M

Now before I go on to the youth I will go into the season itself as the youth did not feature in this aspect as of yet. Arsenal ended the season with two pieces of silverware, the premiership title and the FA Cup. The league was won in style with 91 points, 101 goals and 38 conceded as Casey showed the 4-4-2 can be used and still be successful in modern day football. The FA Cup final was a tight affair with Arsenal playing Chelsea at Wembley. Van Persie gave the Gunners an early lead but it was cancelled out by a Malouda goal before half time. The major turning point was the sending off of Ricardo Carvalho for a professional foul, Although Chelsea were down to ten men it wasn’t until stoppage time in the second half of extra time that Arsenal took the lead to win the cup, a Pandev beauty ensure a double winning debut season.

Fans celebrate double

Casey side saw themselves knocked out in the 4th round on penalties in the Carling Cup. Real Madrid ended the Londoners European dreams in the quarter finals of the Champions League, wining just on away goals.

Now to the Players, James kept the keeping spot but was released at the end of the season as Enyeama showed in the 14 games he played he was ready for the spotlight. The defence consisted of Yobo the key man partnered with Vermaelen, yet towards the end of the season Djourou made a strong challenge to be included. Sagna and Clichy were the full back and rarely made a mistake.

Now to the Midfield, Captain Cesc held his place all season but didn’t hit form till late in the season, the Spaniard only scored 3 goals and 14 assists in 44 games. A mash up of choosing Song or Capoue lead to both being picked to support Cesc on rotation, both playing just under 30 games. The wings was were the talent was this season , Arshavin and Vukcevic battled for the left wing spot, sometimes both played with Vukcevic playing in midfield with Cesc supporting. Arshavin scored 12 times in 47 games and provided 8 assists, as for Vukcevic had the season of his life, in 53 games he scored 14 goals and set up 24. The right flank on the other hand was owned by one Theo Walcott, Theo played 49 games, scoring 21 and a return of a poor 5 assists but his goal contribution was huge.

Looking to start with a bang next season

Now to attack, Van Persie was the top scorer with 26 goals in 40 games closely follow by the surprise figure of Carlos Vela with 24 goals in 40 games. Pandev scored some vital goals and after his arrival in January scored 10 in 21. Chamakh and Liedson both disappointed.

Now about the new youth let me just list them as there is a lot to go through….
    Marco Verratti, Luc Castaignos, Craig Walsh, Ruben Rochina, Sergi, Adam Hlousek, Alessandro Tuia, Marco Ezio Fossati, Jacob Mellis, Miles Addison, Nathanial Clyne, Lorenzo Crisetig, Mathias Jorgensen, Luca Tremolada, Alphonse Areola, Alex Smithies, Jack Cork, Ryan Bertand, Daniel Kofi Agyei, Romelu Lukaku, Maxime Lestienne, Wellington Silva and Gai Assulin.

A new post will follow will be more indepth and will be looking at the new signings and which youngsters have impress to be considered for 1st team football…………
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Gunning for Youth: Arsenal Quest for Victory-chelsea-v-arsenal-.png   Gunning for Youth: Arsenal Quest for Victory-barclays-english-premier-league.png   Gunning for Youth: Arsenal Quest for Victory-arsenal-5.png  

Gunning for Youth: Arsenal Quest for Victory-arsenal.png   Gunning for Youth: Arsenal Quest for Victory-arsenal-2.png   Gunning for Youth: Arsenal Quest for Victory-arsenal-6.png  

Last edited by casey32; 02/09/2010 at 01:04 AM.

2. Nice, some screenshots would be good though...

3. Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    Nice, some screenshots would be good though...
    will do for next season i have some screenies, end of table and transfers of first season but that about it, ill put them in as attachments on 1st post and for new updates ill work them in

---------- Post added at 02:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 AM ----------

Season Two

Arsenal Wave Goodbye and Say Hello

Arsenal’s next league campaign kicks off soon and Casey has been quick to get rid of the deadwood at the club. Arsenal have received £61M in total from there sales, 18 players were allowed leave. After a poor debut seasons at the club Moroune Chamakh returned to Bordeaux for a fee of £9M, all 3 parties are said to be delighted with the deal. Another big the deal was the surprise sale of Andrey Arshavin to Aston Villa for a lower than expected fee of £11M, Casey stated he was fed up of his consistency going on to say “if you are earning that much a week you owe the club 110% every week , not when you feel like it.” Tomas Rosicky followed the Russian to Villa Park for £4.3M. Newcastle came in to swoop Liedson for £4.6m, the Brazil born Portugal international didn’t prove himself last term and with his age the wrong side of 30 it was an easy choice to let him go. Manuel Almunia joined Stuttgart for a previously arranged fee of £3.9M.

A war of words saw him leave but who can fill the gap?

Along with the above some more promising player were also shown the door. Colin Kazim-Richards went to Rangers for £2.5M after Walcott shut him out. Armand Traore joined Sevilla for £3M, with Clichy and Gibbs he was surplus. Yannick Djalo left for Malaga with £2.3M being paid, a favourite of Caseys but couldn’t score for love nor money in an Arsenal jersey. Abou Diaby was next, going to Spanish side Zaragoza for £4.6M, a good player but he would of wasted his talent here let him go to future his career. Laurent Koscieiny joined At.Madrid, with defenders coming in Laurent wouldn’t of had a chance. Lastly Vito Mannone joined Italian giants AC Milan for £1.3M.

Hopefully a step in the right direction for the respected Diaby

Others to leave were…… David James, Luke Freeman, Conor Henderson, Alessandro Tuia, Giles Sunu, Sanchez Watt, Rhys Murphy, Craig Eastmond.
    Again plenty of players were sent on loan but the shockers was Aaron Ramsey sent to Standard for a season to ensure 1st team football and European cup competition experience.

Now to the new faces…… £95M spent and six new players to meet.

Jack Rodwell – Everton - £15M

Very bright English star, will be looking to gaining 20-25 games this season, will be used mainly in midfield but impressed at the back in pre season.

Mesut Ozil – Werder Bremen - £17M

The German playmaker will be adding more technique and flair to an already impressive midfield, his arrival sparked the departure of Arshavin.

Neymar – Santos - £20M

Scored for fun in pre season and may be on his way to a starting place, a young Brazilian with pace to burn, composer and technique in abundance.

Gary Cahill – Bolton - £13M

A promising solid English center back impressed enough to receive an England cap last season, looks to make the jump to the top with this move.

Luis Suarez – Ajax - £19.5M

Certainly not cheap in wages earning £110K p/w but could prove to be a big player this season, will have completion from RVP, Vela and Neymar so will need to prove himself fast.

Nicolas Otamendi – PSV - £11M

Brought in to add bite to defence, will be trained to play right back, only problem is the argentine’s temperament has already been questioned even in friendlies
    Last edited by casey32; 06/09/2010 at 09:51 PM.

4. Keep the good work mate.

Loving your story

5. Sumsion10
    I like it, I like it!

6. Thanks lads

7. Joss's Avatar JossPremium Member
    Premium Member
    Hardly 'gunning for youth' the arsenal way if you've spent £95m... still looks good so far, but some screenshots would be nice.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Joss View Post
    Hardly 'gunning for youth' the arsenal way if you've spent £95m... still looks good so far, but some screenshots would be nice.

You mean the Wenger way

9. Just wanted to bring in some players to improve squad for Europe i will be looking to use the players i brought in first season yet they are not ready and will be on loan, next season will see more of a push

10. Arsenal 1st Team Announced for 2010/2011

GK: Vincent Enyeama, Alex Smithies

DF: Bakary Sagna, Kieran Gibbs, Joseph Yobo, Gary Cahill, Thomas Vermaelen, Mathias Jorgensen, Johan Djourou, Nicolas Otamendi, Gael Clichy, Emmanuel Eboue.

MF: Jack Rodwell, Cesc Fabregas, Samir Nasri, Mesut Ozil, Theo Walcott, Jack Wilshere, Simon Vukcevic, Henri Lansbury, Etienne Capoue, Alex Song.

ST: Neymar, Goran Pandev, Luis Suarez, Robin Van Persie, Carlos Vela.

Playing Breaking through

Alex Smithies

A young keeper, the England under 21 international will be under a lot of pressure if Vincent Enyeama suffers an injury. Casey is set to give him game time in cup competitions but Smithies is the 2nd choice, if called upon Casey will hope he proves his faith in him

Kieran Gibbs

Very promising left back, probably will need a miracle to force his way ahead of Clichy. Kieran impressed when need last term and will be looking to improve his amount of games this season. May be drafted to left wing if needed.

Jack Wilshere

The boy wonder has a lot of pressure on him to fill the media speculation but so far so good. Scored twice last season and showed that he didn’t need any more time on loan after a short spell at Norwich. There is a lot of competition in midfield but Jack has a certain something about him that gets the fans up of their seats.

Henri Lansbury

The most shocking to be breaking into the first team, Henri is an all-rounder, very versatile and I can see him having a long future at the club. Lansbury spent last season on loan at Reading, playing 34 games scoring 9 times and providing 14 assists, This fine form saw a shock call up to the England 1st team squad during the summer, although he didn’t get his 1st cap I’m sure he will be aiming for that this season.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Gunning for Youth: Arsenal Quest for Victory-15.-henri-lansbury.png   Gunning for Youth: Arsenal Quest for Victory-21.-kieran-gibbs.png   Gunning for Youth: Arsenal Quest for Victory-32.-jack-wilshere.png  

Gunning for Youth: Arsenal Quest for Victory-alex-smithies.png  
    Last edited by casey32; 08/09/2010 at 07:56 PM.

11. Will definatly be following mate

12. August Report

Community Shield

Man City 3-5 Arsenal

Man City goals: Gareth Barry (1, pen 83), Emmanuel Adebayor (36)

Arsenal goals: Luis Suarez (17, 30, 34), Robin Van Persie (39), Theo Walcott (66)

Review: Not as close as the score line suggests, quite an easy win for the Gunners as they created chance after chance. Luis Suarez had a dream debut netting a 34 minute hat trick to cap a wonderful day out at Wembley.

Premier League

Man United 3-3 Arsenal

Man United goals: Wayne Rooney (58, pen 60, 90+2)

Arsenal goals: Robin Van Persie (12), Theo Walcott (54), Neymar (71)

Review: Really should of won conceded a stupid late goal when we should of just shut up shop, you have to give it to Rooney though on his day he is unstoppable. Was nice to see Neymar open his account for the club. Looking at it a draw at Old Trafford is good but a win would have been great.

Premier League

Arsenal 4-3 West Brom

Arsenal goals: Neymar (1, 22, 67), Joseph Yobo

West Brom goals: Joe Mattock (59), Jonas Olsson (80), Jerome Thomas (pen 86)

Review: 1st home game of the season kicked off with a win, nowhere near as close as it sounds. Conceded the 3 goals from set pieces and will be looking to address this problem. Neymar what can I say…. He can skip by defenders, scored with ease, he could be a recorder breaker at the club.

Premier League

Burnley 1-3 Arsenal

Burnley goal: Peter Grajciar (86)

Arsenal Goals: Neymar (8, 47, 90+3)

Arsenal info: Mathias Jorgensen injured (34)

Review: Another win, would of liked a cleansheet but I’ll take it. Neymar 2 hat tricks in the last 2 games and 3 games scored in a row, my god he is good. Not much to say about this game except a predicted 3 points.

Premier League

Arsenal 3-1 Everton

Arsenal goals: Mesut Ozil (25), Neymar (67, 90+1)

Everton goal: Ishmael Miller (9)

Review: Ozil really was the key to the win today, his playmaking ability combined with Neymar’s sharp shooting form lead to a game which always seemed under control despite and early set back. Another 3 points and an improvement in defence see Arsenal looking good heading into September

Monthly News

To no one’s surprise Neymar won the Player of the Month award, the Brazilian earned a call up to the national team after he scored in 4 consecutive league games netting 9 times. Samir Nasri left on a season long loan to Dinamo Kiev for £3M, the Frenchman will be getting regular 1st team action along with Champions League football. This departure has led to more speculation that Wilshere is expected to challenge for a starting place.

League Table

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Gunning for Youth: Arsenal Quest for Victory-9.-neymar.png   Gunning for Youth: Arsenal Quest for Victory-arsenal-v-everton-2.png   Gunning for Youth: Arsenal Quest for Victory-arsenal-v-west-brom-.png  

Gunning for Youth: Arsenal Quest for Victory-burnley-v-arsenal-2.png   Gunning for Youth: Arsenal Quest for Victory-man-city-v-arsenal-.png   Gunning for Youth: Arsenal Quest for Victory-man-utd-v-arsenal-.png  

Gunning for Youth: Arsenal Quest for Victory-barclays-english-premier-league-3.png  
    Last edited by casey32; 04/09/2010 at 11:55 PM.

13. Champions League Group Announced

Arsenal will be on there way to France, Spain and Denmark this season, the Gunners have been drawn against Ath.Madrid, PSG and FC Midtjylland in Group F. Arsenal will be expected to win the group as Madrid and PSG battle for second spot. Sorry Midtjylland fans but even the chances of a 3rd place Europa League qualifier looks bleak
    Last edited by casey32; 04/09/2010 at 11:58 PM.

14. Jasonlfc96's Avatar Jasonlfc96Premium Member
    formerly asjso
    good story and nice layout but you're conceding a bit too many goals are'nt you lol

15. Nice layout.

Im not trying to critisize but it looks more like a post your results type thing at the moment.
    Try and make it not just an FM game if you know what im saying.

But even as a spurs fan, you got me following so you've done something right

16. I think your wrighting it up well enough. Bit of information about the matches and the scores and its all clearly done.

I cant be assed reading ones that go "I woke up in the morning and looked at the clock......'

17. I like to keep or more like websites and news articles, the story will be similar to my Birimingham and Coventry ones, the layout will grow over time as the start is normally the worse and improvements will be made

Examples:
    http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f81/b...ry-t39719.html
    http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f81/t...er-t33468.html

Another Example i may use this layout but it was very time consuming and led to the death of it, but as an arsenal supporter i could stick with it yet updates would be not as often.
    http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f81/t...re-t43505.html

I'm not story teller in the sense of as in the of Joe157 "I woke up in the morning and looked at the clock", just so people know what to expect. Feedback is much appreciated, anything u'd like to see from previous stories brought back or any suggestions feel free to comment and i will take all into consideration.

---------- Post added at 04:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by The Shots View Post
    Nice layout.

Im not trying to critisize but it looks more like a post your results type thing at the moment.
    Try and make it not just an FM game if you know what im saying.

But even as a spurs fan, you got me following so you've done something right
    I get what you saying i normally leave out screenshots to take the game factor out but as people asked i using them, normally would go with pictures with captions under, i would consider going back to that is people would prefer it

Quote Originally Posted by asjso View Post
    good story and nice layout but you're conceding a bit too many goals are'nt you lol
    Ye i know i didnt do too bad last season, main aim was to improve the defence and ive made it worse, well as long as i out score them im happy

---------- Post added at 05:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:41 PM ----------

Casey sets eyes on english youngsters

Thomas Cleverley: Emirates bound?

Simon Casey has was seen at the England under 21 game versus Sweden, he claims he was watching the progress of Arsenal youngsters Wilshere, Gibbs, Lansbury, Addison and Smithies but reports claim he is interested in 4 of the squad.

Top of the list seems to be Cleverley a gifted footballer with an eye for goal, Cleverley ended the game with a goal, a beauty curled in from 25 yards. There may be a problem United are going to be reluctant to sell to there rivals and may not sell at all or look for an inflated price. That were a similar player comes in to play, Junior Stanislas, the West Ham starlet would be alot cheaper and may be on par with Cleverley's talent although Cleverley would be the more wanted by Casey.

Next on his speculated shortlist is two defenders, Phil Jones from Blackburn and another West Ham starlet James Tomkins. Both would be a similar price and are at a similar level as Casey is looking to bring in an English prospect to the backline.

18. September Report

Premier League

Fulham 2-2 Arsenal

Fulham goals: Andy Johnson (48, 90+2)

Arsenal goals: Bobby Zamora own goal (17), Neymar (26)

Review: Fulham were extremely lucky to get a point at Craven Cottage, the two London sides battled hard but Arsenal came out top on all accounts. Fulham grab to sloppy goals the 1st after a hoof down the field from the Fulham keeper caused a mix up at the back allowing Johnson clean through, the second was horrible Arsenal had full control keeping the ball from Fulham and running down the clock…. But then Enyeama decided to smash the ball of Johnson which deflected into the net, poor show Vincent.

Champions League Group F

Arsenal 3-0 FC Midtjylland

Arsenal goals: Winston Reid own goal (22), Gary Cahill (29), Neymar (50)

Review: 1st cleansheet of the season, yes I know not more in the terms of opposition but it’s a cleansheet all the same. New look tactics failed to impress but the defence must be sorted it may to out to be a tricky few weeks in store as they try to find the right balance.

Premier League

Arsenal 2-0 Newcastle

Arsenal goals: Robin Van Persie (5), Johan Djourou (75)

Newcastle info: Steven Taylor sent off (53), Fabricio Coloccini sent off (71)

Review: Another cleansheet but the fact the score was only 2-0 when we played against 10 for most of the second half and even 9 for the last 15 shows the attack has dropped dramatically. Van Persie came back with a goal after missing a few games through injury. Should be happy with the win but im not. Back to the tactics board we go.

League Cup 3rd Rnd

Cardiff 0-4 Arsenal

Arsenal goals: Robin Van Persie (14, pen 20), Joseph Yobo (30), Luis Suarez

Review: Played some sublime football against opponents of inferior quality. Suarez scored a beauty meeting a Neymar cross with a stunning volley. Van Persie topped that though scoring what I can only describe as the best worked team go I have seen, would of made Barca jealous.

Premier League

Arsenal 2-1 Stoke

Arsenal goals: Luis Suarez (51, 59)

Stoke goal: Liam Lawrence (pen 64)

Arsenal info: Joseph Yobo sent off (62)

Review: Stoke is always a tricky game, but this time we came out on top with ease. Was disappointed when Yobo gave away a penalty, being sent off in the process and will be sorely missed during his 3 match ban.

Champions League Group f

At. Madrid 1-1 Arsenal

At. Madrid goal: Diego Forlan (22)

Arsenal goal: Goran Pandev

Review: A very tight game, happy to come away from Madrid with a point as they will be the toughest team in the group. Goran Pandev showed again when needed he will score. First half was the worst performance of the season, fairplay to the lads they really turned it around in the second half.

Monthly News

Ok top of the table, doing well in the cups but the performances have been nowhere near last seasons. Goals are leaking in, a lack of goals from the flanks and the center of the park struggling to play has led to a revamp of tactics. Theo is my Player of the Month, Walcott picked up the Young Player of the Month award in the league, he has not been hitting the back of the net as much as I would like but his pace always causes havoc.

League Table

Loan Watch

A few players that are impressing….

Playing well and may end up getting his chance next season if he can keep up the form. Always nice to see home grown talent.

Looks like a great prospect, is showing that he should be held onto by Arsenal.

Still young and with a goal in every second game he has taken to the Championship like a duck to water.

Everyone loves an attacking full back and Ryan is proving he can attack with 1 goal and 5 assists. Will need to work on his defensive side if he is to break through.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Gunning for Youth: Arsenal Quest for Victory-arsenal-v-fc-midtjylland-.png   Gunning for Youth: Arsenal Quest for Victory-arsenal-v-newcastle-.png   Gunning for Youth: Arsenal Quest for Victory-arsenal-v-stoke-.png  

Gunning for Youth: Arsenal Quest for Victory-.-madrid-v-arsenal-.png   Gunning for Youth: Arsenal Quest for Victory-cardiff-v-arsenal-.png   Gunning for Youth: Arsenal Quest for Victory-fulham-v-arsenal-.png  

Gunning for Youth: Arsenal Quest for Victory-barclays-english-premier-league.png   Gunning for Youth: Arsenal Quest for Victory-14.-theo-walcott.png   Gunning for Youth: Arsenal Quest for Victory-26.-jay-emmanuel-thomas.png  

Gunning for Youth: Arsenal Quest for Victory-22.-h%C3%A5vard-nordtveit.png   Gunning for Youth: Arsenal Quest for Victory-rub%C3%A9n-rochina.png   Gunning for Youth: Arsenal Quest for Victory-ryan-bertrand.png  

Last edited by casey32; 06/09/2010 at 07:28 PM.

19. Nice an arsenal save first in a while

20. Great story, Neymar has been brilliant for me aswell

21. Quote Originally Posted by NCFCJakex View Post
    Great story, Neymar has been brilliant for me aswell
    Thanks ye he shocked me with his 9 goals in 4 games, he has calmed down a bit now though

22. You need to tighten up the defence as you have only kept 1 clean sheet in the league.

Some good results tho

23. Quote Originally Posted by ollie56 View Post
    You need to tighten up the defence as you have only kept 1 clean sheet in the league.

Some good results tho
    ye, its main coming from set pieces, but my way of play is score more then the opponent. Thanks for support

---------- Post added at 12:00 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 06:33 PM ----------

Slight changes made to previous posts, i'm looking to improve layout on next update, any ideas? please help so i can make this as enjoyable for everyone who takes their time to read it

24. dannyck
    First Team
    brilliant mate, im following with interest!

25. Quote Originally Posted by dannyck View Post
    brilliant mate, im following with interest!
    thanks mate

26. Meerkat_Arshavin's Avatar Meerkat_ArshavinPremium Member
    Simples!
    As a Gunner fan, I'm following
    A good keeper would be either Loris (sp) or Akineev (sp), but if you want a young one and devlope him your way go for Oblika(sp) or David De Gea

27. Quote Originally Posted by Meerkat_Arshavin View Post
    As a Gunner fan, I'm following
    A good keeper would be either Loris (sp) or Akineev (sp), but if you want a young one and devlope him your way go for Oblika(sp) or David De Gea
    Thanks mate, i going have a look Oblika, i was thinking i need new keeper but i think Enyeama can do it

28. sayam's Avatar sayam
    Trainee
    Hi mate,

Will be definately following, after all i'm a gooner fan.... :-)

Also i reccomend you buy a new keeper also, enyeama wasn't good in another story i read also.

Akinfeev becomes a free agent after a few seasons so watch out for him ;-)

Good Luck

29. I'll be following, I was thinking of doing something similar, but now you've done it for me!

And is that the Sergi from textil Escudo?

And have you checked out Giacomo Berretta from AC Milan, or Engin Bekdemir from Porto? Beks supposedly turns out solid as does Giacomo. And what about that Belgian Rats or something, in one of my saves AC Milan picked him up and he became very good.

30. Quote Originally Posted by sayam View Post
    Hi mate,

Will be definately following, after all i'm a gooner fan.... :-)

Also i reccomend you buy a new keeper also, enyeama wasn't good in another story i read also.

Akinfeev becomes a free agent after a few seasons so watch out for him ;-)

Good Luck
    Thanks mate, was thinking of him but was thinking a high price tag but ill follow his contract. I have Alphonse Areola so im thinking a cheap keeper till he is ready could be key or when Smithies is ready. might try snap up Delac from Chelsea but i doubt ill get him for cheap. mainly i want Joe Hart

Quote Originally Posted by Montanaro View Post
    I'll be following, I was thinking of doing something similar, but now you've done it for me!

And is that the Sergi from textil Escudo?

And have you checked out Giacomo Berretta from AC Milan, or Engin Bekdemir from Porto? Beks supposedly turns out solid as does Giacomo. And what about that Belgian Rats or something, in one of my saves AC Milan picked him up and he became very good.
    Ye it is, i retrained him to striker after he was scoring for fun in the under 18s, scored on his cup debut last season and seems to play very well up front, on loan he looks to be playing in midfield but getting good game time.

I have quite alot of talent in midfield currently and for the future, i have some good strikers coming through aswell, mainly looking at defence and keeper now

31. I know on FM09, Jeremy Helen turned out solid, haven't got to see much of him on FM10 however. Solid LB.

32. Quote Originally Posted by Montanaro View Post
    I know on FM09, Jeremy Helen turned out solid, haven't got to see much of him on FM10 however. Solid LB.
    had a look at him and Digne but then thought i have Clichy, Gibbs and Bertrand, but RB i am weak youth wise, thanks for advise.

Update will be tonight or tomorrow

33. October Report

Premier League

Hull 0-4 Arsenal

Arsenal goals: Goran Pandev (32, 48), Cesc Fabregas (54), Luis Suarez (59)

Hull info: Kevin Kilbane injured (84)

A nice 4-0 win to kick off the month. Fabregas is hitting form a lot earlier than last season to the delight of the Gunner fans. Pandev scoring a brace as he looks to push for a regular 1st team spot.

Premier League

Middlesbrough 0-2 Arsenal

Arsenal goals: Theo Walcott (31), Nicloas Otamendi (86)

Back to back wins and cleansheets have brought a smile to manager Casey’s face. Controlled the game with ease with a great team performance. Nice to Otamendi get his first goal for the club, a powerful header from a corner.

Champions League Group F

Arsenal 5-3 Paris Saint-Germain

Arsenal goals: Luis Suarez (1), Robin Van Persie (28, 61, pen 66), Theo Walcott (39)

P.S.G. goals: Younousse Sankhare (4), Guillaume Hoarau (Pen 41, 44)

P.S.G. info: Mathieu Bodmer sent off (64)

Dominated the game but let P.S.G. back into the game a few times giving away sloppy goals and a penalty. A good 3 points as we are looking good for the next round. Robin came back from injury again this game, showed his importance netting a hat trick.

Premier League

Arsenal 3-0 Tottenham

Arsenal goals: Theo Walcott (.1), Cesc Fabregas (.6), Simon Vukcevic (12)

Big win for the fans over there rivals, the 1st 15 minutes were key as they took a 3-0 lead which killed the game. Cesc scored and absolute wonder goal striking the ball on the volley from 30 yards. Attacked very well and defend with style rarely giving spurs a glimpse at goal.

League Cup 4th Rnd

Wolves 0-2 Arsenal

Arsenal goals: Henri Lansbury (40), Joseph Yobo (85)

Brushed Wolves aside and made them look like puppies, don’t know how we didn’t win by more as Arsenal ran riot. Great to see Henri get his 1st goal for the club under Casey as he played great also hitting the post and causing problems down the right flank all game.

Premier League

Man City 3-2 Arsenal

Man City goals: Carlos Tevez (25), Robinho (37), Shaun Wright-Phillips (57)

Arsenal goals: Robin Van Persie (3), Simon Vukcevic (9)

Arsenal info: Henri Lansbury injured (7)

We were outplayed by City as Arsenal fell to their 1st defeat of the season, couldn’t handle flair and pace of both Tevez and Robinho and paid the price. Lost a 2-0 lead but we were fortunate to even get 2 goals. Are passing was sloppy defending was poor and we deserved to lose.

Monthly News

A good month with some great performances although we suffered are 1st defeat of the season. Luis Suarez was in fantastic form this month and is my player of the month, he was key to many matches both with goals, assists and overall play. We faced many injuries but the squads depth helped cover that although the right wing has been weak with Pandev having to come in there after Lansbury's injury

Tables

Premier League

Champions League

Loan watch

Aaron is single handedly dragging Standard to success in the Champions League and impressing his manager in the process.

A lot of pressure of his shoulders but the young man is showing why he is expected for greatness.

The promising winger impressed last season while at Bristol Rovers and is continuing to do so.

Really needs to have a good season as he is starting to come to the more mature stages of his career, hopefully he can step up to the mark.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Gunning for Youth: Arsenal Quest for Victory-barclays-english-premier-league-2.png   Gunning for Youth: Arsenal Quest for Victory-uefa-champions-league.png   Gunning for Youth: Arsenal Quest for Victory-7.-luis-su%C3%A1rez.png  

Gunning for Youth: Arsenal Quest for Victory-man-city-v-arsenal-.png   Gunning for Youth: Arsenal Quest for Victory-arsenal-v-tottenham-.png   Gunning for Youth: Arsenal Quest for Victory-middlesbrough-v-arsenal-.png  

Gunning for Youth: Arsenal Quest for Victory-arsenal-v-paris-saint-germain-.png   Gunning for Youth: Arsenal Quest for Victory-wolves-v-arsenal-.png   Gunning for Youth: Arsenal Quest for Victory-aaron-ramsey.png  

Gunning for Youth: Arsenal Quest for Victory-adam-hlousek.png   Gunning for Youth: Arsenal Quest for Victory-luca-tremolada.png   Gunning for Youth: Arsenal Quest for Victory-romelu-lukaku-2.png  

Gunning for Youth: Arsenal Quest for Victory-hull-v-arsenal-.png  
    Last edited by casey32; 06/09/2010 at 10:12 PM.

34. another great update well done.

35. Quote Originally Posted by martinbissett View Post
    another great update well done.
    Thanks mate i appreciate the comment

36. dannyck
    First Team
    solid mate, absolutely solid, unlucky againt ciy but really like your loan repots,think thats a brilliant touch, sill folloing avidly

37. great update walcott is doing awseome for you

38. Really good update mate. Enjoying the story

39. Diego - Potential Target

Last Updated: 20:00 Friday 3 November 2010

Arsenal plot Diego bid

Casey is reported to be tracking Brazilian footballer Diego and are expect to make a bid during the January window. Diego is currently at Juventus requested to be transfer listed and is said to be looking forward to leaving the club. Diego only featured 9 times during the whole of last season.

On 26 May 2009, Diego signed a five-year contract to join Juventus at the end of the season leaving Werder Bremem. The fee paid to Bremen by Juventus is worth 24.5 million euro. Speculation suggests that Juve will accept a discount price of £7.5M to ensure the playmaker leaves sooner rather than later so moral is not affected at the club.

The 25 year old has 28 caps for his country and has scored 2 goals. Diego was recognized to have great potential when he was at Santos along with then team mate Robinho. Diego has shown glimpses of greatness but not enough, maybe Arsenal would be the right move or maybe too much competition may cause more disappointment

goal.com asks,
    Do you think Arsenal should sign Diego?

---------- Post added at 05:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 AM ----------

What your opinion on Diego?
    Last edited by casey32; 07/09/2010 at 05:21 AM.

40. This has grabbed me, and look what team I support, can't wait for the next update.

41. Your doing well mate! Can't argue with your success! However, if u don't mind me saying, i think Arsenal need ALOT more English talent! You have a big squad, only 7 of which are English. However, your signings clearly have worked as you've won trophies!

I'll continue to follow, i like this story! And Smithies became Englands number won by my 4th season with Everton. Joe Hart didn't get a look in! Gary Cahill is also a great signing. Id recommend signing Huddlestone,Gosling, and Agbonlahor is a must! He scored for fun with my Everton team!

Anyway good luck an d hopefully alot more trophies will arrive at your club!!

42. Quote Originally Posted by D14_JDH View Post
    Your doing well mate! Can't argue with your success! However, if u don't mind me saying, i think Arsenal need ALOT more English talent! You have a big squad, only 7 of which are English. However, your signings clearly have worked as you've won trophies!

I'll continue to follow, i like this story! And Smithies became Englands number won by my 4th season with Everton. Joe Hart didn't get a look in! Gary Cahill is also a great signing. Id recommend signing Huddlestone,Gosling, and Agbonlahor is a must! He scored for fun with my Everton team!

Anyway good luck an d hopefully alot more trophies will arrive at your club!!
    I agree but im not going to pay over the top prices for English players, I have a few youngsters coming up the ranks also. Before next season ill be looking into English talent but i will only buy the best at the right prices. The 7 i have are only those who have stepped up so far, I look forward to seeing how Emmanuel-Thomas, Bertrand, Frimpong, Clyne and Addison will turn out. Gosling is a maybe, Huddlestone is a no because i feel Rodwell will have that position down and also have plenty of talent there yet i may look into Delph, as for Agbonlahor i dont know i'd be more keen on Delfouneso. You may see players like Shelvey, Moses and Townsend being signed but only time will tell he is brought in and who is on there way out but only time will tell...

43. sayam's Avatar sayam
    Trainee
    Yeah sign DIEGO!!

44. November Report

Champions League Group F

Paris Saint-Germain 1-4 Arsenal

PSG goals: Guillaume Hoarau (27)

Arsenal goals: Joseph Yobo (.3), Cesc Fabregas (21), Neymar (24), Robin Van Persie (pen 38)

This result saw Arsenal secure qualification to the knockout stages of the Champions League. All the scoring was done in the 1st half with Arsenal showing great counter attacking football. A solid win in Paris for the fans to cheer about on the journey home.

Premier League

Arsenal 3-1 Aston Villa

Arsenal goals: Neymar (3, 10), Robin Van Perise (30)

Aston Villa goals: Nicklas Bendtner (.6)

Aston Villa info: Curtis Davis injured (51), Stephen Warnock sent off (66)

Villa played dirty football, scoring while an Arsenal player was on the floor injured and forced 6 players to receive treatment off the field. With that said referee Chris Foy was very leanent to Villa and Arsenal surprisingly ended the game with more yellow cards. Justice might have been served when Stephen Warnock was sent off for a two footed challenge on Fabregas. Ex Gunner Bendtner scored his 1st goal at the Emirates since joining Villa last season.

Premier League

Blackburn 0-2 Arsenal

Arsenal goals: Neymar (6, 80)

Arsenal info: Robin Van Persie missed penalty (10)

Casey and Curbishley had a war of words before the match, Curbishley said he believed Arsenal had no chance of retaining their title. Casey responded in a negative manner suggesting that Blackburn are certain for the drop with Curbishley in charge. Arsenal seem to be fired up by the comments yet Rovers seemed deflated as Arsenal ran riot.

Premier League

Arsenal 2-1 Liverpool

Arsenal goals: Robin Van Persie (.1), Neymar (90)

Liverpool goals: Daniel Agger (88)

Liverpool info: Alberto Aquilani injured (23)

A solid win against a struggling Liverpool side. Arsenal nearly threw away the 3 points, conceding from a throw in but Neymar came to the rescue scoring in the dying moments after a mazing Gibbs run.

Champions League Group F

FC Midtjylland 0-2 Arsenal

Arsenal goals: Luis Suarez (68), Jack Wilshere (81)

Arsenal info: Mesut Ozil missed penalty (90+1)

A youthful side was giving a run out in this European clash. 6 players in the starting 11 were English , an all English midfield of Walcott, Gibbs, Wilshere and Rodwell ran the show passing superbly and creating chance after chance but the inexperience strike force of Vela and Neymar failed to capitalize. After 65 minutes more of the usual starting 11 came on from the bench with helped ensure the goals and the 3 points.

Premier League

Chelsea 2-0 Arsenal

Chelsea goals: Yury Zhirkov (18), Didier Drogba (44)

Chelsea info: Ashley Cole sent off (90+1)

A poor performance, Chelsea’s counter and clinical finishing meant possession wasn’t as important. Arsenal couldn’t break down the Chelsea defence and were well beaten by the Blues. Arsenal did have something to cheer about went Ashley Cole saw red after a second yellow.

Monthly News

Top of the league, qualified for the knockout stage of the Champions League things are looking good at the Emirates. The player of the month is Neymar who saw his return of form, the young Brazilian scored 10 goals in his first month at the club then suffered a 10 hour goal drought but has been in on the goals again. Gibbs received his 1st England cap as Arsenal saw 4 of their squad called up to the three lions in the form of Gibbs, Walcott, Cahill and Rodwell.

Tables

Premier League

Champions League

Loan Watch

Tranmere are 21st in the league but have one of the best defensive record and that is thanks to this man.

Not known for his goals but is on flying form for the Tractors, looks good for the future.

The promising Italian is taking to the English game well, he is performing well in the Championship at the tender age of 17.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Gunning for Youth: Arsenal Quest for Victory-arsenal-v-aston-villa-.png   Gunning for Youth: Arsenal Quest for Victory-arsenal-v-liverpool-.png   Gunning for Youth: Arsenal Quest for Victory-blackburn-v-arsenal-.png  

Gunning for Youth: Arsenal Quest for Victory-chelsea-v-arsenal-.png   Gunning for Youth: Arsenal Quest for Victory-fc-midtjylland-v-arsenal-.png   Gunning for Youth: Arsenal Quest for Victory-paris-saint-germain-v-arsenal-.png  

Gunning for Youth: Arsenal Quest for Victory-barclays-english-premier-league-2.png   Gunning for Youth: Arsenal Quest for Victory-uefa-champions-league-2.png   Gunning for Youth: Arsenal Quest for Victory-9.-neymar.png  

Gunning for Youth: Arsenal Quest for Victory-alphonse-ar%C3%A9ola.png   Gunning for Youth: Arsenal Quest for Victory-emmanuel-frimpong.png   Gunning for Youth: Arsenal Quest for Victory-lorenzo-crisetig-2.png  

45. sayam's Avatar sayam
    Trainee
    Good month, quiet a few penaly missed though lol

46. Ye i didnt think RVP would miss though was a great save, Ozil's was just rubbish straight down the middle

47. December Report

League Cup Qtr Final

Sunderland 1-0 Arsenal

Sunderland goals: Michael Turner (45+3)

Knocked out of the League Cup along with the rest of the big names. Casey’s men tried and tried by the couldn’t get that all important equalizer, Sunderland go through with a great chance of lifting the cup.

Premier League

Arsenal 4-0 Sunderland

Arsenal goals: Robin Van Persie (pen 1), Luis Suarez (45+2, 50), Bakary Sagna (69)

Arsenal info: Jack Wilshere injured (73)

Got revenge after the League Cup defeat a few days earlier, Arsenal completely owned sunderland in all departments of the match. Bakary Sagna scored a stunner after smashing the ball home from 30 yards.

Champions League Group F

Arsenal 5-4 At. Madrid

Arsenal goals: Robin Van Persie (17, 29, 41), Joseph Yobo (45+1), Jack Wilshere (60)

At. Madrid goals: Diego Forlan (36), Sergio Aguero (43, 69), Jose Manuel Jurado (89)

Arsenal info: Kieran Gibbs sent off (58)

Tried a new look defensive line up and the understand seemed to be lacking, Djourou and Rodwell were tried and both made mistakes which resulted in goals. Alex Smithies played well and didn’t deserve to concede 4. Arsenal did come out winner in the end and finish the group on top.

Premier League

Bolton 1-2 Arsenal

Bolton goals: Johan Elmander (70)

Arsenal goals: Luis Suarez (17, 48)

Bolton info: Kevin Davies injured (5), Andy O’Brien sent off (90+4)

A tough game, very physical, the match could of swung either with both attacking well. Suarez was the key, his clinical finishing lead the 3 points. These are the kind of wins you need to scrap out if you are to win the league.

Premier League

Arsenal 2-0 Wolves

Arsenal goals: Cesc Fabregas (18), Luis Suarez (31)

Arsenal love playing wolves, always dominate and enjoy playing expressive football with all players playing with a smile upon their faces. Cesc has already improved on his goal tally from last season and equalled his number of assists yet we are only at the half way mark.

Premier League

Arsenal 3-0 Man Utd

Arsenal goals: Neymar (10), Simon Vukcevic (15), Kieran Gibbs (90+4)

What a way to end 2010, a big win over rivals United will surely give fans a boast of confidence that the title will be theirs. Alex Smithies was Fantastic and Kieran Gibbs got his 1st goal for the club, what a game to get it in.

Monthly News

Arsenal have had a great month despite the loss in the League Cup. Casey's chase of Diego has ended with the Irishman deciding he will keep his faith in younger player that will be returning from loan next month. Alex Smithies is the player of the month, the young keeper has been superb and has keep Enyeama out of the starting 11.

Tables

League

Champions League

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Gunning for Youth: Arsenal Quest for Victory-arsenal-v-.-madrid-.png   Gunning for Youth: Arsenal Quest for Victory-arsenal-v-man-utd-.png   Gunning for Youth: Arsenal Quest for Victory-arsenal-v-sunderland-.png  

Gunning for Youth: Arsenal Quest for Victory-arsenal-v-wolves-.png   Gunning for Youth: Arsenal Quest for Victory-bolton-v-arsenal-.png   Gunning for Youth: Arsenal Quest for Victory-sunderland-v-arsenal-.png  

Gunning for Youth: Arsenal Quest for Victory-alex-smithies.png   Gunning for Youth: Arsenal Quest for Victory-barclays-english-premier-league.png   Gunning for Youth: Arsenal Quest for Victory-uefa-champions-league.png  

48. Arsenal let experience leave

Official: Arsenal Trio leave

Arsenal have let a further three big names leave during this window, Arsenal already have a youthful side but with these departures the squads average age is now 21. After these sales Casey went on to say i will be bringing in no players this month expect Remi Chapuis (regen) how has arrived on a free transfer. Remi Chapuis 20, an ex Auxerre player who was released this season after suffering a broken leg will hope he can repay the faith given to him by Casey. Arsenal did announce that exciting Dutch winger Ibrahim Afellay will be joining Arsenal on the 1.7.2011 on a free transfer.

Another Dutchman set to join but will he be a hit

Now to who has left, 1st to go was Emmanuel Eboue. Emmanuel released a statement asking for more 1st team football, after his manager told he to be patience, Eboue stated he would be moving on. Soon after the dispute Middlesbrough came in to sign the right back for a fee of £7.5m.

The second player who has leave due to dispute with Casey

Carlos Vela was next, the young Mexican ended last season with 24 goals but after missing the opening 2 months through injury Vela could not find that form. Carlos faced more competition this season and soon found himself not even making the bench. When Napoli came in with a £12.5m bid Arsenal quickly jumped on the bid while some hype still surrounded the player. After Vela was let go Romelu Lukaku was recalled from Celta, The Belgian will be looking to get some game time in order to push for a more regular spot next season.

The last permanent departure was the sale of Alex Song to Real Madrid for £15.25m. Alex was getting on the pitch very little as Rodwell and Capoue seemed more favored for a supporting role when needed. Another move was Henri Lansbury going on loan to Championship side Birmingham. Before the blues made a bid Liverpool had made an offer to take the player on loan till the end of the season with the option to buy for £12m, Arsenal countered this saying they weren't interested in selling and they would want £2.5m to allow the midfielder to join the reds till the end of the season. People were shocked when Liverpool accepted these terms and Henri decided to choose Birmingham over Liverpool.

Song's Gunner career comes to an end

Now with no players coming in who is expected to make the jump up the ranks. Wilshere, Gibbs and Smithies have all made that jump and the next expected to are Romelu Lukaku, Marco Verratti and Mathias Jorgensen. A mention must go to Frimpong, Crisetig, Bartley and Bertrand who have also impressed since returning from their loans, they could be the shocks to break through.

---------- Post added at 11:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 PM ----------

Welcome Our New Gunner

Although manager Casey said he would not be making any signings during this window he has gone back on his word bringing in a new striker, enter Nathan Delfouneso. Nathan was signed form Villa for a fee of £12m and is a bright prospect for both club and country. Nathan has represented England 6 times at under 21 level scoring 3 goals. The arrival of Delfouneso has brought the average age of the squad down to 20. Manager Casey went on to say.

" I beilieve Nathan will be a great player for the club, he has bags of pace and an eye for goal. I feel he will be vital in the future of Arsenal and England "

One thing that Nathan Delfouneso will always provide you with is goals and his development in recent years has seen him add that killer touch to his deadly pace and skill through the middle.

Having been a regular member of the Aston Villa first team squad for two years now, Delfouneso has developed quickly and he made his own impression on the 2009 European U19 Championship Finals by picking up the competition's Golden Boot thanks to his four goals as he helped England reach the Final whilst still a year younger than most of the players he was competing against.

His first taste of the international scene came back in 2006, as an U16 player in the Victory Shield competition and he has also represented the Young Lions at U17 level. But it has undoubtedly been with the U19s where his goalscoring took off and, along with his rise to prominence at Villa Park, this led to him receiving a call-up to Stuart Pearce's Under-21 squad. He made his debut for the Under-21s against Greece at Doncaster as a substitute and didn't waste any time, by netting a debut goal.

Name: Nathan Delfouneso
    Nationality: English
    Date of Birth: 02/02/1991
    Height: 6' 1" (186cm)
    Weight: 12st 4lbs (78.0kg)
    Previous Clubs: Aston Villa
    Position: Striker

---------- Post added at 03:06 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 11:54 PM ----------

New poll added thanks to Jake, Cast your votes
    Last edited by casey32; 09/09/2010 at 12:39 AM.

49. Good signings. Wouldn't of let vela go but I suppose you have enough good strikers now. One of my favourtie stories keep it up

50. Quote Originally Posted by burkeyoa View Post
    Good signings. Wouldn't of let vela go but I suppose you have enough good strikers now. One of my favourtie stories keep it up
    Thanks mate, ye i didnt really want to let him go but i thought the price was good and Delfouneso would be a good replacement

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO