Brazilian "Box-To-Box Midfield" Tactic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1. Brazilian "Box-To-Box Midfield" Tactic

Hello all,

It has been quite a tumultuous time these past couple of days,seeing as how I have been behind closed doors (not literally) experimenting and testing my new tactic,with more or less emphasis on bringing the 'Brazilian magic' to the field in Football Manager 2010,whilst it's in it's final months before becoming obsolete.

After just starting a new game with the Brazilian national football team,solely to try and test out a new tactic,with tweaks here and there,I am proud to present to the FM-Base community the new Brazilian "Box-To-Box Midfield" tactic,created by Craig McMenemey (me).

In this short walkthrough,I will be breaking down the whole tactic from the basic structure to the little niggly things to get the 'magic' out of your players,having a good enough tactic to bring the best out of some of the faltering players you might have dwindling in your reserve team.

Before I do continue with this,please be aware that this is not a tactic that will win you games right from the off.It is a tactic still in testing and will require a few people to test it and tell me areas of which can be improved,however,that can be discussed another time.

Let's break this down:

The Main Structure:

As we all know,the Brazil national team is known to be a highly creative,attacking and flair-like team,with players from the fullbacks to the strikers having somesort of ability to dart down the wings,weave themselves past numerous players and have that skill that is bestowed on players that have either got it or worked extremely hard for it.

This tactic doesn't emulate their current 4-1-2-1-2,but rather works around it to have three different types of attacking players that can create chances,as well as score from some.This tactic is a narrow 4-2-2-2,with a normal defensive line,consisting of two centre backs and two fullbacks,the midfield consisting of two defensive midfielders and two attacking midfielders and the attack composing of just two strikers.

In this 4-2-2-2,you will find three main bands of which consist of two defenders,one will be attacking and other supporting - sometimes two attacking players,however they may have been set opposite roles.

Brazilian "Box-To-Box Midfield" Tactic-tactical-layout-2.png
    "Bands of two" shown in screenshot

With this,you can expect them to partner with one-another and help create attacking moves.The ball moves from each band of players to the next,either down the wings via the fullbacks that are bombing forward with intent,or through the middle between the two attacking midfielders,hence why the tactic is named "Box-To-Box" as well.

"Band-to-Band" and Roles Breakdown

Having broken down the main characteristics of the tactic,we can now delve deeper into the roles set for each position and how they contribute to the strategy on a whole.Let's look:

The Defence:

Centre-Backs:

• Central Defender,Stopper
    • Limited Defender,Cover
    Central Defender,Stopper

Able to compose himself when confronted with opposing attackers,the Central Defender must be commanding both technically and physically,as well as being mentally proficient in being able to clear the danger when required,as well as having good decision making in those tight situations.

Attributes Required:
    • Heading
    • Marking
    • Tackling
    • Composure
    • Bravery
    • Jumping
    • Strength
    • Stamina (not a necessity,but is desirable)
    • Decisions
    • Determination
    • Aggression
    • Positioning
    • Concentration
    Quite a lot of attributes to cover,however,the majority of them should be over 13 (13 being average in Football Manager terms) Overall,the defender must be cool and composed with good amounts of aggression to retain possession in dangerous situations.

Players recommended:

• Brede Hangeland,Fulham
    • Kolo Toure,Manchester City
    • Philippe Mexes,A.S. Roma
    • Giorgio Chiellini,Juventus
    • Thomas Vermaelen,Arsenal
    Limited Defender,Cover

Also known to have a composed manner when tackling dangerous situations (no pun intended) the Limited Defender drops deeper from the normal defensive line to become the last man of defence and help clear danger.When taking on a player of the opposing team,the Limited Defender looks to retain possession by looking to tackle the opponents the best way possible without concending unnecessary free-kicks.

Attributes Required:

• Determination
    • Anticipation
    • Positioning
    • Strength
    • Jumping
    • Acceleration
    • Marking
    • Tackling
    A lot less to cover than the stopping Central Defender,but most of them are compulsory and,without the majority of them being above 14/15,he should not be playing a role of such importance.If struggling to find a good Limited Defender,look to switch the role to Central Defender,Cover and look to work around that.

Players Recommended:

• Rio Ferdinand,Manchester United
    • Martin Demichelis,F.C. Bayern Munich
    • Luisao,S.L. Benfica
    • Bruno Alves,F.C. Porto
    • Simon Kjaer,Palermo
    Fullbacks:

• Wing Back,Attack
    • Full Back,Automatic/Wing Back,Attack
    Wing Back,Attack

Assured to be the fifth or sixth man in the box when on the attacking move,the attacking wing back is handed the licence to attack wholeheartedly down the right or left flank with intent and impose a threat on the opposing winger as well.His main job is it,not only bomb forward and bring the ball down the flanks more to cross at the byline,but also keep half an eye open on the opposing wingers who may be imposing a threat on the defence,as well as costing the team a goal.

Taking on his shoulders a huge role of accomplishing both attacking and defensive duties,the attacking wing back is the team's second option in exploiting the flanks when on the attack.This includes the attacking midfielders crossing over channels to exploit the flanks too and open up possible weaknesses.

Attributes Required:

• Crossing
    • Dribbling
    • Marking
    • Tackling
    • Acceleration
    • Pace (Not shown in the description,but should be a desired attribute)
    • Decisions
    • Positioning
    • Team Work
    • Work Rate
    • Stamnia
    Should be looking at the majority,if not all of these attributes above 14/15 for a fully desired effect.It's a huge role to accompany but,should the player taking on the responsibility have those attributes,expect good,consistent performances from this player.

Recommended Players:
    • Marcelo,Real Madrid C.F.
    • Adriano,Sevilla
    • Daniel Alves,F.C. Barcelona
    • Nelson (For teams who cannot afford the following),Real Betis
    • Patrice Evra,Manchester United
    Full Back,Automatic

The all-round fullback.Able to accomplish attacking and defensive duties,the fullback should be well-rounded in marking and tackling skills,as well as having the ability to cross the ball when overlapping a winger or darting down the flanks.The physical side of this fullback job is a necessity,with him being up and down the flank,fatigue will start to become a factor at one of the most unnecessary of times.

Attributes Required:

• Crossing
    • Marking
    • Tackling
    • Positioning
    • Team Work
    • Work Rate
    • Stamina
    • Acceleration
    • Pace (again,a desired attribute)
    • Anticipation
    • Concentration
    Again,around the 14/15 mark should be where the attributes should be of a good standard.This player should be like a third centre back but,at the same time,a second winger.It's a tough job.

Players Recommended:

• Glen Johnson,Liverpool F.C.
    • Patrice Evra,Manchester United
    • Ashley Cole,Chelsea F.C.
    • Aly Cissokho,Olympique Lyonnais
    • Anthony Reveillere,Olympique Lyonnais
    The Midfield:

Defensive Midfielders:

• Defensive Midfielder,Support
    • Anchor Man,Defend
    Defensive Midfielder,Support

Despite contributing to few attacking moves,the support defensive midfielder looks to retain the midfields original and offload the ball to much more technically proficient and creative player,such as the attacking midfielders in front of him.Arriving in the box later than the other players,the support defensive midfielder should be able to have good passing skills and sometimes become the playmaker when the orignial playmaker is unable to playmake.

Attributes Required:

• Marking
    • Passing
    • Tackling
    • Positioning
    • Team Work
    • Work Rate
    • Stamina
    • Decisions
    • Acceleration
    • Strength
    Should be getting the majority of these above 14/15 for a good,passing and mentally proficient supporting defensive midfielder.This is especially important when categorising the attributes mentally.The physical side does count as well,however you can look to improve that over time with the player.

Players Recommended:
    • Felipe Melo,Juventus (Needs his decision making improved)
    • Claudio Marchisio,Juventus
    • Arturo Vidal,Bayer Leverkusen
    • Gokhan Inler,Udinese
    • Kwadwo Asamoah,Udinese
    Anchor Man,Defend

Sitting in the hole between the defence and the midfield,the "Water Carrier" as it's apparently referred to at times,recylces the possesion and,similarly to the supporting defensive midfielder,looks on for the more creative players to continue the attacking moves.Contributes very rarely,if not ever to any attacking moves with the exceptions of corners,the defensive midfielder breaks up attacks and is the barrier between the defence and the the opposing attackers.

Attributes Required:
    • Heading
    • Marking
    • Tackling
    • Positioning
    • Work Rate
    • Strength
    • Decisions
    • Determination
    • Anticipation
    • Concentration
    Important attributes that majority of them need to punch above 15.A commanding defensive midfielder needs to be physically and mentally strong with ability to gain possession and destroy attacking moves.Should have aerial ability and act like a defender in some ways.Work Rate and Team Work would be a powerful combination mentally for someone taking up this role.

Players Recommended:

• Alou Diarra,Girondis Bordeaux
    • Gilberto Silva,Panathinaikos
    • Jeremy Toulalan,Olympique Lyonnais
    • Michael Essien,Chelseas F.C.
    • Angelo Palombo,Sampdoria
    Attacking Midfielders:

• Trequartista,Attack
    • Advanced Playmaker,Attack
    Trequartista,Attack

Drifting around the box when the team's in possession,the Trequartista looks to become a "third striker" in cultured role by being able to pass into the path of team-mates and shoot when the opportunity arises for them.A hard position to accomplish in with the lack of it's use in modern football,it becomes a useful weapon in the arsenal of attacking options,as the player who holds this role will benefit from the flourish of goals that should come for him.

Attributes Required:

• Finishing
    • First Touch
    • Composure
    • Passing
    • Technique
    • Creativity
    • Flair
    • Off The Ball
    • Agility
    Again,the majority of these attributes should be above average.Most of them in the 16's and 17's,as it is a hard thing to fulfill the role of Trequartista.He inevitably will become a third striker when on the attacking move,but also a second playmaker,with his creativity and ability find team-mates crucial to find the back of the net.

Players Recommended:

• Kaka,Real Madrid C.F.
    • Dimitar Berbatov,Manchester United
    • Francesco Totti,A.S. Roma
    • Antonio di Natale,Udinese
    • Guiseppe Rossi,Villarreal C.F.
    The Strikeforce:

• Advanced Forward,Attack/Complete Forward,Attack/Target Man,Attack
    • Poacher,Attack/Defensive Forward,Attack
    Advanced Forward,Attack/Complete Forward,Attack/Target Man,Attack

As you can see,the two forwards can differ from role to role,and it is essential that you find the right one for each striker so you can utilise the best of their abilities.The striker should be complete with finishing and the hunger to score,with his techincal and mental abilities of high standard.

He spearheads the attacking moves.

Abilities Required:

• Dribbling
    • Finishing
    • Composure
    • Heading
    • Long Shots (not a necessity,but desirable)
    • Passing
    • Technique
    • Anticipation
    • Composure
    • Jumping
    • Team Work
    • Off the Ball
    • Acceleration
    • Agility
    • Balance
    • Pace
    • Strength
    Players Recommended:
    • Edin Dzeko,VfL Wolfsburg
    • Wayne Rooney,Manchester United
    • Fernando Torres,Liverpool
    • Didier Drogba,Chelsea
    • Adriano,Flamengo
    On the Field:

This is my best result with this tactic and good exposure of different roles for players that may become first-teamers in no time.

Brazil v Venezuela:

Brazilian "Box-To-Box Midfield" Tactic-brazil-v-venezuela-2.png
    As you can see,the players are already pushing forward to create options for the to-be ball carrier.The strikers,attacking midfielders and fullbacks are all pushing up,creating space and dropping into zones that make it very difficult for the opposition to mark.

Brazilian "Box-To-Box Midfield" Tactic-brazil-v-venezuela-3.png

Again,you can see the creation of space and options just by looking for the space.The players are creating options and attacking chances.The defensive lines pushes further up the field to allow the fullbacks to attack and the defensive midfielders to assist in the options to create an attacking move and,quite possibly,a goal.

Brazilian "Box-To-Box Midfield" Tactic-brazil-team-ratings-vs-venezuela.png

At the end of the match,here were the ratings of the Brazilian national team.I specifically highlighted Elano's performance.Not only because he was sensational in getting a hat-trick unexpectedly in a role that I didn't expect him to flourish in,but for the fact that he worked well and was a real threat to the opposition's defence with his constant attacking and dropping into space.

Other results are as followed...

Brazilian "Box-To-Box Midfield" Tactic-brazil-friendly-results-2009.png

Brazilian "Box-To-Box Midfield" Tactic-brazil-friendlies-route-world-cup-final.png

With the class of 2009...

Brazilian "Box-To-Box Midfield" Tactic-brazil-national-team-class-2009.png

And a good showing in the World Cup group stages...

Brazilian "Box-To-Box Midfield" Tactic-2010-fifa-world-cup-brazil-results-group-stage.png

And some records being broken on the way...

Brazilian "Box-To-Box Midfield" Tactic-brazil-winning-record.png

Brazilian "Box-To-Box Midfield" Tactic-brazil-new-defensive-record.png

NOTE:

I am yet to try this tactic on club level and would like some beta testers to give it a go and tell me where I should be improving.Acceptance of beta testers will be soon.

-----------------------

Thank you for taking your time to read through all of this and my break down of the tactics for you,as I hope you enjoy winning games as much as I did.

Thanks

Brazilian _Box-to-Box_ Midfield Tactic (Brazil, Sep 2009).tac

P.S.

The match between Brazil and Venezeula below

Brazil v Venezuela.pkm

2. By the way,I am intending on using this tactic with teams such as Tottenham Hotspur and A.C. Milan,however if beta testers are interested,they are welcome to do it for me and feed me back on results.

3. looks dangerous, both offensively and defensively....

I'd try it out for one of my lower level clubs, but looks a bit risky for that level.

4. Alcaraz's Avatar Alcaraz
    Modern Day Legend
    sure mate i will try it out with Chelsea

5. I saw the words "box" and "Brazilian", I had to have a look. Was gutted when it was tactics. At least until I saw how good the tactics looked.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Montanaro View Post
    looks dangerous, both offensively and defensively....

I'd try it out for one of my lower level clubs, but looks a bit risky for that level.
    Thanks and you could just create a new save and try it out?

Quote Originally Posted by Alcaraz View Post
    sure mate i will try it out with Chelsea
    Thanks mate.

7. Just been given the manager role at Brazil, 2nd season. May try these tactics out and see if i get similar results!

8. Meh , in the spanish league they kill teams with no wing def...

im lucky im still undefeated in the Liga BBVA using 3 up front 3 in the middel ...

9. Quote Originally Posted by Manager_Andre View Post
    Meh , in the spanish league they kill teams with no wing def...

im lucky im still undefeated in the Liga BBVA using 3 up front 3 in the middel ...
    Sorry,I didn't really catch what you were trying to get at.

And you might want to spell 'Sergio' correctly in your sig.

Just saying.

10. Quote Originally Posted by mashedPotatoes View Post
    Sorry,I didn't really catch what you were trying to get at.

And you might want to spell 'Sergio' correctly in your sig.

Just saying.
    Whell formations like 4-2-3-1 and 4-2-4 wll give u alot of trouble useing that formation, but i guess its only in the spanish league...

2. ill keep that little error, to hurt your feelings...

11. Quote Originally Posted by Manager_Andre View Post
    Whell formations like 4-2-3-1 and 4-2-4 wll give u alot of trouble useing that formation, but i guess its only in the spanish league...

2. ill keep that little error, to hurt your feelings...
    Hmm,I guess.

Haha,it's your mistake,I'm not the one that's going to look stupid

Joking.

12. Quote Originally Posted by mashedPotatoes View Post
    Hmm,I guess.

Haha,it's your mistake,I'm not the one that's going to look stupid

Joking.
    Look stupit.. only for a Brit like u

atleast im human , that makes mistakes, and it isnt my main language

ok , im off for holland vs cameroon, we play more awsome football then england, u guy's speak only better english then us, not better football lol...

coudnt finish those matchs england played, Zzzzz

13. Quote Originally Posted by Manager_Andre View Post
    Look stupit.. only for a Brit like u

atleats im human , that makes mistakes, and it isnt my main language
    Even still,it still fails

Anyways,enough of the bickering.

Back on topic.

14. Max's Avatar MaxPremium Member
    Premium Member
    looks interesting, a lot of work put into it, well done

15. Guess ill try it sinds it looks interesting, i wana see it in action, thanks for upload

16. Quote Originally Posted by Manager_Andre View Post
    Guess ill try it sinds it looks interesting, i wana see it in action, thanks for upload
    Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    looks interesting, a lot of work put into it, well done
    Cheers guys,looking forward to some feedback

17. These tactics are brilliant, I've attached the first 3 games I played using them

18. Quote Originally Posted by scherbakov View Post
    These tactics are brilliant, I've attached the first 3 games I played using them
    Thanks mate,glad to see your having a good time with them

19. alright mate, tried this out over 10 games with spurs, its working very well, ive won 8 out of the 10 games and the style of play is nice to watch.

ive sold lennon and bentley, and braught i na boy called alex from moscow he plays well beside modric in the treq role also annan,

gomes
    corluka king bassong bale

annan hud/wilson

alex modric/kranjk

defoe crouch/pav

really good tactic though mate, il put some screenies up as i get further on.

20. Quote Originally Posted by rizzal View Post
    alright mate, tried this out over 10 games with spurs, its working very well, ive won 8 out of the 10 games and the style of play is nice to watch.

ive sold lennon and bentley, and braught i na boy called alex from moscow he plays well beside modric in the treq role also annan,

gomes
    corluka king bassong bale

annan hud/wilson

alex modric/kranjk

defoe crouch/pav

really good tactic though mate, il put some screenies up as i get further on.
    Nice to hear mate.

Looking forward to the screenshots

21. Ahhhh I acctually love this tactic. I have been trying to make a brazilian like tactic myself but yours looks pretty awesome so going to try it out.

22. Great Tactic..however

Hi , I've tried out the formation and It's a good one to use, which creates Creativity and gets more bodies in the box, however defensively it's quite a problem, to beat the problem ll I did was change man marking to Zonal and things were much better. Currently With AS Roma ,Keep up the work

23. Quote Originally Posted by Slewa View Post
    Hi , I've tried out the formation and It's a good one to use, which creates Creativity and gets more bodies in the box, however defensively it's quite a problem, to beat the problem ll I did was change man marking to Zonal and things were much better. Currently With AS Roma ,Keep up the work
    Thanks man.I was always a fan of man-marking but attacking-wise I see how zonal marking is better.

Thanks for the feedback,I will alter the tactic for upload.

---------- Post added at 03:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Smiler7 View Post
    Ahhhh I acctually love this tactic. I have been trying to make a brazilian like tactic myself but yours looks pretty awesome so going to try it out.
    Lol,glad you like it man.

Post some feedback soon

Thanks.

24. look promising, ill try it for my tactic referense.. thx for upload

25. i will test with a few teams m8 kk

26. Quote Originally Posted by vasily View Post
    look promising, ill try it for my tactic referense.. thx for upload
    Thanks and your welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam 24 View Post
    i will test with a few teams m8 kk
    Ok and thanks.

27. Was just searching on Google and found this

Brazilian "Box-To-Box Midfield" Tactic-sweet.png

28. This tactic is seriously amazing, i had instant results with it. Im managing barcelona just to test the tactic to see if it was good enough for my main Tottenham save. The tactic scores soo many goals and wins convincingly. The defence is solid and rarely ever concedes and whats more is the full backs, which are allowed to bomb down the wing and get in amongst the goals ( dani alves loves this on my game).

I tested this tactic for 11 games and it seems my team have gelled to it very nicely. Here are my results...

Barcelona 2- 0 Racing
    Barcelona 3-0 Malaga
    Barcelona 5-0 Olympiakos
    Barcelona 3-1 Tenerife
    Barcelona 2-1 Valladolid ( unexpected lost, had a player sent of and conceded two penaltys )
    Barcelona 2-0 Deportivo
    Barcelona 3-0 Standard
    Barcelona 6-0 Zaragoza
    Barcelona 4-0 Athletico Madrid
    Barcelona 3-0 Lyon
    Barcelona 2-0 Sporting

In these 11 games villa has scored 14 goals and Ibrahimovic my other striker has scored 7.

Say no more, this tactic is 10/10. props to the creator of it, good job(Y)

29. Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy_x_ View Post
    This tactic is seriously amazing, i had instant results with it. Im managing barcelona just to test the tactic to see if it was good enough for my main Tottenham save. The tactic scores soo many goals and wins convincingly. The defence is solid and rarely ever concedes and whats more is the full backs, which are allowed to bomb down the wing and get in amongst the goals ( dani alves loves this on my game).

I tested this tactic for 11 games and it seems my team have gelled to it very nicely. Here are my results...

Barcelona 2- 0 Racing
    Barcelona 3-0 Malaga
    Barcelona 5-0 Olympiakos
    Barcelona 3-1 Tenerife
    Barcelona 2-1 Valladolid ( unexpected lost, had a player sent of and conceded two penaltys )
    Barcelona 2-0 Deportivo
    Barcelona 3-0 Standard
    Barcelona 6-0 Zaragoza
    Barcelona 4-0 Athletico Madrid
    Barcelona 3-0 Lyon
    Barcelona 2-0 Sporting

In these 11 games villa has scored 14 goals and Ibrahimovic my other striker has scored 7.

Say no more, this tactic is 10/10. props to the creator of it, good job(Y)
    Sweet.Nice to hear you've got some good results.

And thanks for the props

30. patch?

31. Quote Originally Posted by mashedPotatoes View Post
    Sweet.Nice to hear you've got some good results.

And thanks for the props
    ah not to worry its the first time I've bothered to comment back to a tactic about my results. This one deserved the effort my friend

---------- Post added at 10:46 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 11:58 PM ----------

Hey im using barcelona. im just checking ive got this right. I have messi as my attacking midfielder and iniesta as my trequartista? I just thought iniesta was more creative in the team so he should be our trequartista (playmaker).

32. Tested it with Brazil in the world cup, worked amazingly Won every game, and dominated everyone I played, also probably deserved at least 4 goals in each game with the amount of chances I had.

Excellent

33. iNickStuff's Avatar iNickStuffPremium Member
    • Man Utd (2011-2031):

x14 Barclays Premier League titles
      x13 FA Community Shields
      x12 FA Cups
      x11 UEFA Champions League titles
      x10 League Cups

England (2018-2022):

x1 UEFA European Championship
      x1 FIFA World Cup
      x1 FIFA Confederations Cup
    Considering his options
    Quote Originally Posted by ivo1 View Post
    patch?
    Probably on the latest,10.3 patch mate.

34. Don't Brazil do that well in world cups with most formations though?
    Gonna give this one a blast anyway, nice one i'll let you know how I get on - I hope DMC gets across to cover wings is my only thought

35. what pitch size?

36. Quote Originally Posted by Copius View Post
    Don't Brazil do that well in world cups with most formations though?
    Gonna give this one a blast anyway, nice one i'll let you know how I get on - I hope DMC gets across to cover wings is my only thought
    Well yeah,but the same could be said for the majority of the teams that have been used on FM-Base in uploading tactics.

And thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy_x_ View Post
    what pitch size?
    Usually narrow but preferrably just standard.

37. TriggaByte's Avatar TriggaByte
    Reserve
    Im using ur formation in my story do u want to chek it out

38. John_Cro's Avatar John_Cro
    Reserve
    Only to mention, you didnt explain advanced playmaker role

39. You might also want to bring down your DM's closing down by quite a bit. They are both full closing down, as well as the FB's, so they are going to be closing down high into there half so you will be caught with only your two CB's back and get countered quick. It happened to me within 20 min. of the first game with the tactic. I would suggest two clicks up from own area for the Anchor Man, that way he stays back and protects the line, and for the other one your can let him get at it a little more, I would suggest the last click of own half.
    Last edited by Luke200046; 07/09/2010 at 12:30 AM.

40. Im trying this now on my RM save just beat barca 1-0 away

My starting 11

Casillas
    Ramos
    Mexes
    Chellini
    Coentrao
    Alonso
    Annan
    Kaka
    Gourcuff
    Higuain
    Dzeko

Not playing Ronaldo as hes injured for 3 months

---------- Post added at 04:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 PM ----------

Hmm, it seems good if you dont mind winning games 1-0 and coming really close to dropping 2 points lol, i rekon it wud be good for teams who are quite weak...

41. Any OI needed?

42. great one ... i started the season with werder bremen with 4- 4- 2 tactic .. but i lost first few matches in a row and dropped to 16 position with my major players injured( pizzaro and marin) .i experimented with your tactic and formation and believe me i have moved to 4th position in the table and entered the champions league knockout stage easily with an unbeaten record of 22 matches with 8 consecutive wins ..i have made some important transfers llike marcelo moreno for 12 m ,simon rolfes for 18m,yaya sanogo 3m.ayub daud for 800k,andrew drive 2.6m,simone vergassola 1m ,guilhermie 1m .yet to join my team though in jan .but hats off to you..hope you give advice regarding these players i m poor in transfer negotiation need your help....

43. still needs some work. you get raped by teams with 5 midfielders or 3 strikers. and it doesnt deliver as much as i would like against low league clubs. im tweaking the settings, will let you know how its coming

44. i LOVE this 4-2-2-2 tactic! i just set the defence and the DMs one notch more defensive, use zonal instead of man marking and float crosses instead of drilling. i use it with my moenchengladbach squad in the german 1st bundesliga with enormous success. i just smashed our (2nd) archenemy aachen 9:0. all the players have constantly really good ratings (especially the poacher). my reserve team plays in the 3rd bundesliga and the results are not as great as with the first team with this tactic but still okay. but the real power comes out with top players. i got loads of high wins (4:0 or higher) in the bundesliga and champions league (e. g. beating chelsea at stamford bridge 5:0). i downloaded, created and played lots of tactics but none of them created such a BEAUTIFUL football (even though mr. hough's seems to be a little bit more successfull). it works for me great especially against smaller teams and classic 4-4-2 formations. my team isn't that great but plays fantastic and very successfull football.

45. Very good tactic I'm using it on my man utd save my team is van der sar-rafael-Ferdinand-vidic-evra-Carrick-fletcher-wilshire-montolivo-neymar-Rooney I don't just win I win in style which is how it should be done.

46. Looking to try something different on the FM11 demo so started a game with Santos and chose your tactic. I normally play 442 but want to give a narrow formation a go in Brazil. I'll let you know how it goes on the new version.

47. Quote Originally Posted by lewismackay View Post
    Very good tactic I'm using it on my man utd save my team is van der sar-rafael-Ferdinand-vidic-evra-Carrick-fletcher-wilshire-montolivo-neymar-Rooney I don't just win I win in style which is how it should be done.
    maybe it needs a few minor tweaks. also you play two strikers with poor aerial ability and your TQ (i assume it's montolivo) has poor finishing skills. i'd play montolivo as AP and rooney as TQ and would buy a tall striker (pref. a complete forward) and wilshere has to wait until he's good enough to deserve to be in your starting formation. the TQ is the heart of your attacks so you should use the best player possible for this position. in my game the TQ (Kramaric) and the poacher (Regen) create the magic and the AP (Regen) and CF (Lukaku) are the hard workers which creates tonns of beautiful goals. also one of your DM with offensive abilities could learn the PPM "goes forward whenever possible" and give your attacking moves an extra option which works pretty good for me and i didn't see my defence performance drop since my anchor man!!! gets forward more often (and scored 11 goals, no cornergoals, last season in german bundesliga). last thing: what roles do vidic and ferdinand play in your system? maybe a little tweak or change of roles would help as the CB is important for initiating attacks (when i put my CB's mentality down to 7 notches or less my attacking game became mentionable weaker), the LD on the other hand should play very defensive anyway.

48. I need to ask a few questions.

Your Page says Advanced Playmaker yet on the D/L is Attacking Mid
    Your Page says Limited Defender yet on the D/L it has a Ball Playing Defender.

What of both should we have then?

One more question Primary.Playmaker on Advanced settings Do you assign someone?

49. I started using this, and in the first match against Bury with Manchester City I won 4-0 which I thought wasnt bad because I have a very good improved team and then in the next match I played another League Two team can't remember the name of them and won 2-0 with my best team starting which I thought was dissapointing

50. hi nice tactical set up im just starting to use this for milan i wanted to know team instructions an more palyer instructions etc, thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO