Poll: Has Fm-Base and its members helped you with Fm?

Has Fm-Base and its members helped you with FM?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1. Has Fm-Base and its members helped you with FM?

i would like to create this thread to see the percentage of how many people feel as though members like myself or anyone else on here helped you when you needed it or ignored you and made fun of you?

---------- Post added at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 PM ----------

its not really actually got anything to do with him, i would just like to see, its interesting
    i am about 100% sure that was pure sarcasm right there...

2. Max's Avatar MaxPremium Member
    Premium Member
    anyone starts being idiots or leaving shitty comments and this is closed.

all he wants is a poll vote.

3. There are some really helpful members on this site.

EDIT: Honestly, this is totally what I said, no editing by mods here at all.....

defo not.
    Last edited by Max; 07/07/2010 at 07:52 PM.

4. I voted, i think the majority of people will say yes, i could officially say that i have helped many people in the forum, and ive seen other people helping so i couldnt think of some people saying no

5. Obviously. Skins, transfer updates, club and competition logo's. And loads of people download the tactics and shortlists off here.

6. if you have voted no, kindly leave a short statement as to why you think this? (as Max suggested, no moaning and having a dig at anyone)

7. on the whole everyone on here is helpful. Although sometimes, comments meant to be Light hearted and a bit of fun are misunderstood, leading to silly arguments. But, like i say, its not enough to detract from the fact that this site and its members are helpful/legendary

8. Just the sheer number of players that I've found out about on here in itself deserves a yes, the skins and tactical advice on here are of a very very high standard as well and the custom databases give an extra dimension to the game.

9. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    Obviously. Skins, transfer updates, club and competition logo's. And loads of people download the tactics and shortlists off here.
    this. also interesting insights from people like zebedee to other aspects of football that i hadnt really though of before. plus even if their help isnt perfect, most people try and help you out give you plently of suggestions

10. I voted No,

I dont really Use Base for FM related stuff. I prefer to experience and experiment to find my own way round FM.

I use the Default skin, so never used a downloaded on.

I make my own Custom Databases, Prefer to use my own made stuff

I Think using other peoples tactics is pointless and defeats the object.

Shortlists in my opinion are uber gay, Basically you get told who to buy, who is good. Kinda pointless.

Sure i use Base alot for un related FM stuff, like Fifa, General Football, and Occassionally play the odd auction game, But i have never used it to help me improve on FM or any FM related Downloads.

SO i answered No.

11. i voted yes, i have seen the SI forum and one or two other ones and i never got into it at all! this site has loads and loads of great members who always help each other out when asked, i get PM's all the time asking for suggestions on players to sign etc and i gladly always respond to them as well as asking for tips on everything involving Fm..

i mean just for example, i started a new game with Dinamo Kiev yesterday and i did not have the Ukrainian logos, so i went to addons and downloaded them, i think Stuartwatson did them and they are insane, (thanks mate) everything you need to know (and dont know yet) is on this site...

i am a proud member and will not ever join somewhere else or go looking for help elsewhere as i know that everything is right here...

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Scott* View Post
    I voted No,

I dont really Use Base for FM related stuff. I prefer to experience and experiment to find my own way round FM.

Shortlists in my opinion are uber gay, Basically you get told who to buy, who is good. Kinda pointless.

Sure i use Base alot for un related FM stuff, like Fifa, General Football, and Occassionally play the odd auction game, But i have never used it to help me improve on FM or any FM related Downloads.

SO i answered No.
    that is perfectly acceptable mate, i completely understand where you are coming from, i just do not appreciate your sly underhanded remark about shortlists

12. Irish Scouse's Avatar Irish ScousePremium Member
    Bob Kelso. ❥
    I voted yes, I download many skins, and add on's from this site. Also Mascio was brought to my attention <3

13. Modern Day Legend
    if it was not for fm base i wouldnt know about marco verratti and romelu lukaku

14. Single best website Ive found for FM advice, I would never of found Marco Veratti, Nic Ottamendi early and cheap etc without this site. I would of ended up buying them when they got world class at silly money instead.

15. Quote Originally Posted by Scott* View Post
    I voted No,

SO i answered No.
    As you only use this site to troll and generally be a cunt i can understand why you voted no, im not even sure you know what FM is tbh.

Ive never needed help with playing the game so cant comment on that but the site is great for skins, logo's and facepacks etc.
    Last edited by JP Woody; 07/07/2010 at 09:23 PM.

16. For a non-creatively thinking dude like myself, this site, these forums, threads & posts have been invaluable in opening my eyes to the depth of FM 2010. The tactics & game add-on downloads have been much appreciated but in particular, it is the opinion & feedback I've read on these pages that gets me coming back time & time again. Well done to all CONSTRUCTIVE contributors

17. Main FM benefits I've got from FM Base are graphical - logo packs, megapacks, kit packs. Had some good players brought to my attention, but I like to find my own, otherwise I might as well not play and just read other people's posts with these players, same with tactics, will not download them. Another good thing is that its helped me actually get into my FM games, I used to struggle to play for a few months, now I've gone up to 4 seasons (got taken over by a sugar daddy, yawn). Voted yes ofc.

18. Quote Originally Posted by JP Woody View Post
    As you only use this site to troll and generally be a cunt i can understand why you voted no, im not even sure you know what FM is.

well tbh, i have pretty much have the exact same opinion on you, i tried to be nice over my post, but if your going to be a dick over it, so be it, Wish i was as cool as you JP. Shame i not such a douche

I probaly get infracted for that, but oh well.

After all his is a mod who called me a cunt, so tbh i think i am well with in my rights to call him a douche and a dick
    Last edited by Scott; 07/07/2010 at 09:29 PM.

19. I usually give honest answers on this forum, weather that be kit-making, transfers and stories. I'm going to honest here aswell....

I would never look anywhere else - this is probably the best football related forum I've ever seen.

20. Quote Originally Posted by Scott* View Post
    I voted No,

SO i answered No.
    http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f74/t...lp-t29147.html

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f71/s...am-t23556.html

LIAR!!

21. Never actually used them Redders. I still got Default skin and shit.

That database got about as far as my stories.

So never actually helped me.

22. Nick.Premium Member
    Premium Member
    I voted yes

I have downloaded a lot of skins, custom databases, shortlists, and tactics . It's a great place, and there are lots of helpful members, that have advised me with tactics

23. I'd say yes. When I started, I used this site for resources such as skins, updates etc. Which was brilliant.

And then, I became a member, met some really good people and had some really good FM talk aswell as other talks with a lot of guys on this site.

This is pretty much an FM Player's paradise. When the trolls aren't out.

24. Joe's Avatar Joe
    Modern Day Legend
    Good to see you setting a fabulous example there JP

I downloaded the 50000 facepack, All of raikans shortlist, the free agents db, Rd4 skin and silky sideways logos

25. I said yes, I've had a lot of help regarding tactics (but I'm moving onto using my own), kits, logos, databases, challenges and most of all player shortlists (yes you Raikan ). So I've been helped quite a bit by members on this site.

However I think FM-Base is more of a help to reasonably competent players rather than complete novices. When new players ask simple questions that everyone knows the answer to, they are often mocked rather than someone providing the answer.

26. Iam being honest here, FM Base has set out my career to become a reporter/journalist. Over the last year or so ive been thinking of a job which would enjoy and FM Base came to mind and thought about related jobs. So Thanks FM-Base/Members for sorting out my career and almost LIFE !!!

27. Yes to an extent when I first joined, now I rarely play FM and am just a forum troll.

See JP, I'll admit it unlike Scott

28. Quote Originally Posted by rnixon View Post
    I said yes, I've had a lot of help regarding tactics (but I'm moving onto using my own), kits, logos, databases, challenges and most of all player shortlists (yes you Raikan ). So I've been helped quite a bit by members on this site.

However I think FM-Base is more of a help to reasonably competent players rather than complete novices. When new players ask simple questions that everyone knows the answer to, they are often mocked rather than someone providing the answer.
    Im considering making a newbie area for FM11, however the problem with most n00bs is that they dont search for the answers before asking their simple questions in a fresh thread, so the chances of them looking at a newbie area.....? Minimal.

29. Quote Originally Posted by Scott* View Post
    Never actually used them Redders. I still got Default skin and shit.

That database got about as far as my stories.

So never actually helped me.
    http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f60/qpr-t13847.html

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f55/w...ll-t14205.html

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f55/w...uy-t14208.html

I still call liar.

30. I clicked yes, I like all the add-on's such as Logos, player faces and skins.

Also found out about players I never know like Veratti

Also like the tactics on this as sometimes Im stuck for a winning tactic I come on here,

Have no trouble with any other members or mods other then the odd fight about something stupid but that happens everywhere, All in all, Love the site

31. hellroker's Avatar hellroker
    Modern Day Legend
    Yes.This site taught me how to make kits,how to enable the German Team,to delete the stupid xml parsing error.The stories are very interesting and I always try to replicate them I voted YES

32. matty2505's Avatar matty2505
    Rotation
    this site has definately helped me with tatics and kits and training schedules. Its made the game alot more enjoyable for me knowing how to do tactics properly etc

33. The website has been a big help and I'm glad it has grown the way it has since I first joined.

34. I've been on a few FM forum sites and FM Base is by far the friendliest and most helpful community.

Have recieved help from several members regarding graphics, tactics and editing. Not to mention the support and feedback I have recieved for my training schedules and challenge of the month competition.

Plus I have found if you don't act like a dick then people here don't treat you like one!

35. Poppa_ChesterCityFC's Avatar Poppa_ChesterCityFC
    Star Player
    110% yes. I love this site very much

36. Ride The Walrus's Avatar Ride The WalrusPremium Member
    A pretty cool guy.
    Yup, I don't download tactics, as they ruin a lot of the fun, but I download a lot of kits, editor data's, and the Free Agennts DB, player faces. My first FM forum, and the majority of people are nice

37. Irish Scouse's Avatar Irish ScousePremium Member
    Bob Kelso. ❥
    Also, my crash dump was revived, because of a thread on here

38. yes for sure,i used tactis,logos,facepacks from the site and read many good advices...i think that this site is great not only about FM i also read many other funny and interesting stuff and there are many nice guys here

39. Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Yes to an extent when I first joined, now I rarely play FM and am just a forum troll.

See JP, I'll admit it unlike Scott
    i can be a troll, still no need for some stuck up dick to call me a cunt. tbh if he wasnt a mod, he would of been infracted, but as he is a mod, he can do what he likes, basically pathetic.

oh well, at least i can say, i aint that much of a fucking dick.

Who is this person redders .

Seen my User name?
    Last edited by Scott; 08/07/2010 at 06:53 AM.

40. prow07's Avatar prow07
    First Team
    I voted yes, the downloadable content is magnificent, the website is run extremely well, the members can be really helpful, and its the best forum ive ever been a member of.

41. Quote Originally Posted by Raikan007 View Post
    or ignored you and made fun of you?
    In that case no they havent helped

42. Did you vote yes?...
    Have you made a donation?...
    Don't you think it's time to give a little something back?

43. Definitely a yes! Apart from the useful infos i got from here, the downloads are great as well. Ever since then, i'm addicted to here and never look back

44. Quote Originally Posted by Pompey_Dan View Post
    Did you vote yes?...
    Have you made a donation?...
    Don't you think it's time to give a little something back?
    excuse me? I'm meant to make a donation to the site to prevent guys from spamming me? Talk about desperate for money. and No id didnt vote yes and well obviously i havent made a donation and dont plan to and no i dont think its time to give something back

45. StuW's Avatar StuWPremium Member
    Why So Serious?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raikan007 View Post
    i voted yes, i have seen the SI forum and one or two other ones and i never got into it at all! this site has loads and loads of great members who always help each other out when asked, i get PM's all the time asking for suggestions on players to sign etc and i gladly always respond to them as well as asking for tips on everything involving Fm..

i mean just for example, i started a new game with Dinamo Kiev yesterday and i did not have the Ukrainian logos, so i went to addons and downloaded them, i think Stuartwatson did them and they are insane, (thanks mate) everything you need to know (and dont know yet) is on this site...

i am a proud member and will not ever join somewhere else or go looking for help elsewhere as i know that everything is right here...
    StuW nowadays.....

The best site for FM on the net. Good members, great resources, and the mods are basta.....nice guys.(Joking with the last part of the comment.)

46. Quote Originally Posted by Sismael View Post
    excuse me? I'm meant to make a donation to the site to prevent guys from spamming me? Talk about desperate for money. and No id didnt vote yes and well obviously i havent made a donation and dont plan to and no i dont think its time to give something back
    It was a general comment, as a timely reminder to anyone commenting how much they have enjoyed using the site that they can make a donation to help with it's running.

As you did not vote yes this doesn't mean you.

Believe it or not Sismael, not everything is about you!

47. Quote Originally Posted by Sismael View Post
    No need to make a simple joke into a paragraph

Did Scott get banned from what he said earlier in this thread? If so, pretty pathetic reason to ban, as much as I argue with the guy.

Also, the players search thing we had ages ago on this site was great, shame it got removed.

48. Quote Originally Posted by Pompey_Dan View Post
    It was a general comment, as a timely reminder to anyone commenting how much they have enjoyed using the site that they can make a donation to help with it's running.

As you did not vote yes this doesn't mean you.

Believe it or not Sismael, not everything is about you!
    thought that was aimed at me

49. Quote Originally Posted by Kylo View Post
    Did Scott get banned from what he said earlier in this thread? If so, pretty pathetic reason to ban, as much as I argue with the guy.
    He was banned for reaching 130 Infraction Points. End of discussion.

50. Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    He was banned for reaching 130 Infraction Points. End of discussion.
    130 wow i thought 85 was bad is 130 a perma ban? If so he wasted his money

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO