Like Tree24Likes

Dunc's Training
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

1. Dunc's Training

Newest version: v1.1
    Medium Workload Version v1.2

Youth Schedule v1.3
    Part Time Schedule v1.1

I now have 3 schedules. v1.1 is more intense and will improve your players quickely, but will likely cause a few injuries on the way, and your players might complain about the work load. This had lead me to develop v1.2, which is a lighter workload, that should maximise player improvement while decreasing the chance of them getting injured or complaining. v1.3 is a youth schedule.

Hey,

I have made this training schedule for people to use for their teams, as it's pretty annoying having to make a new schedule every new save.

This has been broken down into player positions, and each postition focuses on improving the areas that the said position needs, rather than aiming to improve stats that have no relation to position the player needs.

I have used this in saves with Arsenal, Newcastle and Plymouth, both over a season, and have seen significant results to my players. Although I would like to point out, that the effects of training are not an instant measure of making your player increase in every stat after a month of using. As this is still in testing, I would rather some constructive comments after the schedule has been used for atleast a season.

Feel free to tell me if it doesn't work well for your team, but please tell me in what aspects it was good, if any, and where it was lacking.

The positions covered in the hard workload schedule are:
    Goalkeeper

Central Defender
    - Ball playing
    - Stopper
    - Cover

Fullback

Wingback

Defensive Midfielder
    -Deeplying Playmaker
    -Anchorman

Central Midfielder
    - Box to Box
    - Ball Winning

Attacking Midfielder
    - Advanced Playmaker

Winger
    - Winger Attack
    - Inside Forward

Striker
    - Poacher
    - Adv Forward
    - Deep Lying
    - Complete
    - Target Man

In the medium workload schedule, all positions are covered.

The positions covered in the Youth schedule are:

Goalkeeper
    Central Defender
    Fullback
    Wingback
    Defensive Midfielder
    Central Midfielder
    Attacking Midfielder
    Winger
    Striker
    Poacher
    Target Man

The positions covered in the part time schedule are:

Goalkeeper
    Central Defender
    Fullback
    Wingback
    Defensive Midfielder
    Central Midfielder
    Attacking Midfielder
    Winger
    Striker
    Poacher
    Target Man

I will be adding more positions to the harder workload schedule in due time, when I release v1.2 of that.

Again, any feed back is appreciated, although posts like 'This is shit', aren't really helpful, and will also result in me less likely to help you if you need it in the future. So keep that in mind.

If anyone has improvements or anything else they would like to point out, feel free. This is only in testing at the moment, as I don't feel three saves is enough to validate it as 'good' or 'bad'. I would rather have a varied view on it and find out how other people find it, and how they would change it.

The file is here.

I will be producing a 'Medium' workload schedule soon.

To use the schedule:

1.Place it in Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2011/Schedules.
    2.If you do not have a schedules folder then create one.
    3.In the game go to training. Click on schedules then manage schedules and click on import, and if you have put them in the right folder, they should be there, if they aren't, please revert back to step one.

Any other questions, feel free to post on here or VM me, or PM me.

Last edited by Dunc; 08/12/2010 at 09:45 PM.

2. TheMjt's Avatar TheMjtPremium Member
    Premium Member
    This is shit

jk babe

Will keep you posted on progress and shit.

3. Nick.Premium Member
    Premium Member
    I want to like this, but I can't, so *like*

4. Chaz SexingtonPremium Member
    Premium Member
    Maybe split the defender training into covering and stopping defenders?

5. Quote Originally Posted by Chaz Sexington View Post
    Maybe split the defender training into covering and stopping defenders?
    Good idea, will work on it and give it a test and see how well it works

6. I had a significative collapse in November (in results), I am trying to decrease the training level for a couple of weeks.

7. Oh, I was hoping this would be one of those fitness video's where you would prance around Dunc.

Will give it a dl pal

8. Quote Originally Posted by JVA16 View Post
    I had a significative collapse in November (in results), I am trying to decrease the training level for a couple of weeks.
    Give it a go, inform me of the results please.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Fulham View Post
    Oh, I was hoping this would be one of those fitness video's where you would prance around Dunc.

Will give it a dl pal
    Thanks next week babe.

9. StuW's Avatar StuWPremium Member
    Why So Serious?
    Looks decent Dunc mate, will test with one of my saves over 2 seasons, and post results. Any screens of certain progress?

10. Quote Originally Posted by StuW View Post
    Looks decent Dunc mate, will test with one of my saves over 2 seasons, and post results. Any screens of certain progress?
    Unfortunatly, I have yet to take any before and after screen shots, I have started a new save testing out some of the changes implemented after my 1st Newcastle save, to see what affect these have on the prgoress of the players, and I will upload some screenshots then

---------- Post added at 11:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

Right, I am planning on working on a Medium intensity schedule people can use if their players are complaining about the High intensity schedule. I am also creating more schedules for each position, like 'Poacher' and 'Ball playing Defender' for example.

Any current feed back will be helpful thanks. I will release a V1.1 once I have improved the current sched's and also once I have finished the Medium schedule.

11. StuW's Avatar StuWPremium Member
    Why So Serious?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunc View Post
    Unfortunatly, I have yet to take any before and after screen shots, I have started a new save testing out some of the changes implemented after my 1st Newcastle save, to see what affect these have on the prgoress of the players, and I will upload some screenshots then

---------- Post added at 11:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

Right, I am planning on working on a Medium intensity schedule people can use if their players are complaining about the High intensity schedule. I am also creating more schedules for each position, like 'Poacher' and 'Ball playing Defender' for example.

Any current feed back will be helpful thanks. I will release a V1.1 once I have improved the current sched's and also once I have finished the Medium schedule.
    OK, no problem. Good stuff anyhow KUTGW

12. Updated Schedule in the OP.

Changes to all current schedules, plus breaking them down more into different areas, meaning you can really work on players specific areas.

Again, any problems or issues, please post here or VM/PM me.

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downl...o=file&id=3563

I will be making my 'Medium' Schedule soon, currently I am going to run a save through a created DB to show how well this new training works.

13. quick question dunc..

ok so i play one lone striker and have him set as a deep lying forward, i have set my main striker (van persie) as a 'Deep ST' in training, but i have also signed khouma babacar and vaclav kadlec for the future but im not entirely sure i will be playing this tactic for years to come so if i want significant improvements on these youngsters should i set them to 'Deep ST' training or one of the other categories?

thanks

14. Quote Originally Posted by LewSpaz View Post
    quick question dunc..

ok so i play one lone striker and have him set as a deep lying forward, i have set my main striker (van persie) as a 'Deep ST' in training, but i have also signed khouma babacar and vaclav kadlec for the future but im not entirely sure i will be playing this tactic for years to come so if i want significant improvements on these youngsters should i set them to 'Deep ST' training or one of the other categories?

thanks
    If you look at their stats, you can think where they would be best set for in the future.

Personally, I would train them as Advanced Forward, as that increases stats that are needed for a varied amount of positions.

Hope this helps.

15. ok cheers man i'll give it a go and post screenshots to see how it goes

16. Will give this a go Dunc and let you know how it goes on over the rest of the season

17. I downloaded the file but there is no schedule for complete forward

18. Will give them a try since I can't be bothered making my own right now

19. @huh123abc, indeed, I forgot to save my 'complete forward' schedule when I uploaded. I shall deffo have it on the next release aswell as some more generic schedules for every position for those people who just want to train their players in their position, not to a specific role. For now, I suggest training your complete forward as an advanced forward, as that seems to get the best overall results for strikers.

20. Thanks.

21. can anyone recommend this, really need a decent schedule my players stats arnt improving at all despite good pa.

22. My players on 3 different saves I have done with this training have improved however lots of them seem to be complaining about the workload being to high. I dunno if anyone else is finding this as well.

23. Will give this a go with Sunderland Dunc. Any particular screenshots you'd like?

24. Quote Originally Posted by willow1293 View Post
    My players on 3 different saves I have done with this training have improved however lots of them seem to be complaining about the workload being to high. I dunno if anyone else is finding this as well.
    Sometimes the training is too intense for a team with low stamina, I am working on a 'medium' workload one at the moment, that will likely be released on Sunday. Then you can alternate between the two when your players complain.

25. Quote Originally Posted by Dunc View Post
    Sometimes the training is too intense for a team with low stamina, I am working on a 'medium' workload one at the moment, that will likely be released on Sunday. Then you can alternate between the two when your players complain.
    okay sounds good

26. Quote Originally Posted by Dunc View Post
    not everyone is as much of a tank as you are

27. Right, I have finished testing a season of my 'Medium' workload schedule. I will upload it in a moment. I will include what it has in the schedule in the OP when I update it in a sec.

---------- Post added at 03:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 AM ----------

Ok, the medium workload schedule is now up and running for people to dowload and use.

People may think that there are too many options to choose from, but remember, you only have to do it once per player, per save, unless you change their position.

Enjoy.

28. Still no screenshots *sigh*

29. Quote Originally Posted by KevyMatts View Post
    Still no screenshots *sigh*
    Lol indeed, I keep getting bored after a season and delete my saved. I will likely post some screenshots tonight or tomorrow, once I get a season into a new save using the 'medium' workloads. For now, you will just have to try it, or trust me

What kind of screenshots would you like to see?
    Last edited by Dunc; 13/11/2010 at 04:57 AM.

30. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    damn you Dunc, the fact that you have put together something this good makes me feel i should get off my arse and do something for fm11 . Playing as a United save so think that will be a good test for your high workload one, since United have very high fitness levels

31. Quote Originally Posted by Mike. View Post
    damn you Dunc, the fact that you have put together something this good makes me feel i should get off my arse and do something for fm11 . Playing as a United save so think that will be a good test for your high workload one, since United have very high fitness levels
    Indeed, they should be fine with it, if they start having a massive cry fest, just chuck them on the Medium one.

I will send you a VM once I have updated the Hardcore training aswell, so you can give it a bash.

32. Hi Dunc,

I'm playing Blackpool.

Firstly i want to say thank u to your Dunc's Training V1.2 Medium Workload schedule.

Unfortunately i get confuse when i want put my player to which type training ? Bcos there's 34 type training in the schedule.

Can u look in to Blackpool team then help me to decide which player should have which type training ?

Hope u can help. Thank u very much. I like your training schedule.

33. Quote Originally Posted by jcksn81 View Post
    Hi Dunc,

I'm playing Blackpool.

Firstly i want to say thank u to your Dunc's Training V1.2 Medium Workload schedule.

Unfortunately i get confuse when i want put my player to which type training ? Bcos there's 34 type training in the schedule.

Can u look in to Blackpool team then help me to decide which player should have which type training ?

Hope u can help. Thank u very much. I like your training schedule.
    I have sent you a PM that should be able to help you.

34. Thank u very much. Dunc.

35. im trynna use this but i cant seem to remember where to copy this at - help please thanks

36. So has anyone thought of creating "Pre-Season Schedules" specifically targeting strength and aerobics? And "Injured" schedules to ease injured players back into training? I have done this and find it really helps. At least 10 players go up in strength, agility, pace or something during/after every pre-season for me. Only created Full Time schedules so far though, still to start Youth Schedules... If anyone wants these, I can upload...

37. Hi!

Central midfielder - Attack = wide mid att

Is it ok?

THX!

38. Quote Originally Posted by tallyghost View Post
    im trynna use this but i cant seem to remember where to copy this at - help please thanks
    Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2011/Schedules

If you don't have that folder, then just make it

Quote Originally Posted by skfm View Post
    So has anyone thought of creating "Pre-Season Schedules" specifically targeting strength and aerobics? And "Injured" schedules to ease injured players back into training? I have done this and find it really helps. At least 10 players go up in strength, agility, pace or something during/after every pre-season for me. Only created Full Time schedules so far though, still to start Youth Schedules... If anyone wants these, I can upload...
    I am working on Youth Sched's and Pre season Sched's atm, but also working on improving my 'intense' training sched's. Feel free to upload your own full time schedules, but please use your own thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Koko4 View Post
    Hi!

Central midfielder - Attack = wide mid att

Is it ok?

THX!
    Yeah that should be fine. If you have any problems with it, post on here.

39. Quote Originally Posted by Dunc View Post

I am working on Youth Sched's and Pre season Sched's atm, but also working on improving my 'intense' training sched's. Feel free to upload your own full time schedules, but please use your own thread.

Of course, of course... Thanks.

40. great effort Dunc , i will now try your medium schedules for RSC Anderlecht , awaiting your preseason and youth schedules

kutgw , respect

41. Thanks for the training schedules - they're a big help! Just a quick question: I'm training Leonel Galeano and Sergio Canales at the moment, what schedule would you recommend that would maximize their potential? Thanks.

42. Quote Originally Posted by Sw33z View Post
    great effort Dunc , i will now try your medium schedules for RSC Anderlecht , awaiting your preseason and youth schedules

kutgw , respect
    Thanks, I will hopefully have them both out sometime this week.

Quote Originally Posted by iantheiceberg View Post
    Thanks for the training schedules - they're a big help! Just a quick question: I'm training Leonel Galeano and Sergio Canales at the moment, what schedule would you recommend that would maximize their potential? Thanks.
    I currently have Leonel Galeano on the save I am playing, and I am training him using the medium Covering CB, only 2 months in and have seen his Strength and Markin increase.

Sergio Canales I would train on Adv Playmaker At, although I haven't played a save with him in my team yet, so fel free to post the results of the training.

43. I downloaded them but I'm having trouble importing them,there not in the schedules folder i created :/

44. Quote Originally Posted by HENO View Post
    I downloaded them but I'm having trouble importing them,there not in the schedules folder i created :/
    Have you extracted the file using WinRAR? as its a rar file, it needs extracting to make it work.

45. Quote Originally Posted by Dunc View Post
    Have you extracted the file using WinRAR? as its a rar file, it needs extracting to make it work.
    Just extrracted them with WinRAR and Still not working

46. Quote Originally Posted by HENO View Post
    Just extrracted them with WinRAR and Still not working
    Check your other folders if you haven't already, where did you extract to?

47. Hey Dunc, nice training regime... but i get very confused with all different positions especially for example fullback, attack,def,sup.. Im currently playing with chelsea. How do i identify the specific training roles for my players?

48. Quote Originally Posted by johnteh7 View Post
    Hey Dunc, nice training regime... but i get very confused with all different positions especially for example fullback, attack,def,sup.. Im currently playing with chelsea. How do i identify the specific training roles for my players?
    Well, if you play your full backs in a defenseive role, use Def. If you play them in a more attacking role, use Attack, and if you use a mixture of both, use support.

Basically, if you look at your tactics, and identifiy the stats the player needs to increase, you compare that the the stats the position is looking for in the tactics, and then then you place them in the catagory that most resembles the stats you want to improve.

49. But are all the arrows suppose to go up? I have some players which are either nothing, or having some stats increase and some decreases at the same time.

---------- Post added at 04:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:50 AM ----------

and most of my players are unhappy with the training. Does it mean i lower the workload?

50. Quote Originally Posted by johnteh7 View Post
    But are all the arrows suppose to go up? I have some players which are either nothing, or having some stats increase and some decreases at the same time.

---------- Post added at 04:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:50 AM ----------

and most of my players are unhappy with the training. Does it mean i lower the workload?
    Try using the Medium workload version, in the OP, that should be low enough, if they complain about that then you have some lazy ass players

The stat increase is dependand on the player, the coaches and the workload.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO