CPG 4-5-1: The Way To Dominate Your Opponent

  1. CPG 4-5-1: The Way To Dominate Your Opponent

    Counter > Pace > Goals: THE FUNCTION OF THE TACTIC


    This tactic has been a success for me with Napoli, so I would like to share it with all of you, seeing as this forum has done a lot for me and I wat to give something back. This tactic gave me domination over my opponents, giving me quite a lot of Clear Cut Chances and Goals. Although it is proving to be a success at Napoli, I'm still looking for ways to make this tactic at its best, so I will be trying it with many different teams, both strong and weak teams. I hope it's successful for you as it is for me

    From what I have seen, this tactic mostly works for important matches and if you are the underdogs of a match. It will not work if you are a strong team, such as Barcelona, or if you are playing a really defensive team, but I will be looking for ways to slightly change the tactic for certain circumstances, so stay tuned to the thread.

    I CANNOT GUARANTEE IT WILL BE 100% SUCCESSFUL, SO PLEASE DON'T HATE.


    FORMATION & PLAYER ROLES




    Goalkeeper: Any keeper would be fine, no specific attibutes needed, but make sure your keeper is good enough to stop the opposition from scoring.

    Fullbacks: Won't be pushing forward to support attack but may sometimes cross the ball deeply.
    Attributes required: Tackling, Determination, Work Rate, Positioning, Stamina, Crossing.

    Centerbacks: Both have equal roles, but the DCR will be the one standing on the far post of the corner, so tallest player goes there.
    Attributes required: Tackling, Marking, Heading, Positioning, Concentration, Jumping.

    Defensive Midfielder: Lying deep and helping defence, but will also be pushing ball forward, creating many chances for the strikers.
    Attributed required: Tackling, Positioning, Concentration, Strength, Passing, Technique, Stamina, Work Rate.

    Center Midfielder: The attacking midfielder, pushing up to support attack and provide the ball to the right man and maybe scoring on a few opportunities if arise.
    Attributed required: Passing, Creativity, Decisions, Anticipation, Technique, Finishing, Dribbling, Teamwork, First Touch.

    Ball Winning Midfielder: Looking to get the ball of the opposition no matter what stands in his way.
    Attributed required: Tackling, Strength, Concentration, Positioning, Work Rate, Determination, Aggression.

    Inside Forwards: Both will be supporting the Striker, picking up balls from the midfield and supplying the ball to the poacher, or maybe crossing to the other end of the post, but rarely.
    Attributed required: Finishing, Pace, Off the Ball, Dribbling, Flair, Passing, Technique, Heading (not required, but useful).

    Poacher: The icing on the cake. Will be picking up passes from the midfielders and inside forwards, so he can then pace through the defence and score. Definatly must have the attributes, otherweise this tactic will not work.
    Attributed required: Finishing, Off the Ball, Flair, Dribbling, Pace, Acceleration, Balance, Anticipation, Composure.


    GAME STATISTICS










    INSTRUCTIONS


    Opposition:
    I use none, but if you want to do any then that's up to you.

    Touchline:
    High number of long shots or off target - Work Ball in Box
    Around 55% or below tackling - Get Stuck In

    Advanced:
    If opponent is lying deep - Change 'counter' to 'attacking'
    If your team are flopping e.g. wasting too many easy chances - Change 'fluid' to 'rigid'
    If opponent has slow defenders & you are dominant in air - Change 'drill crosses' to 'float crosses'
    If pass completion % is low - Change passing to 'short' but keep philosophy on 'fluid'



    HIGHLIGHTS OF PLAY


    Attacking centre mid creates a chance for the poacher to run onto and score

    Attacking centre mid plays a through ball to poacher, pacing through defence

    Poacher paces through the remaining players and finishes with ease

    Things to do:
    • Thrash weak teams playing defensively
    • Defeat bigger teams when you're playing away
    • Having consistant results and performances



    Any Further questions, feedback, anything at all.. comment below, Thanks


    Last edited by saroy94; 19/01/2011 at 01:41 PM.

  2. Just wanna know is it a big difference when I set Hamsik as a adv.Playmaker?

  3. I haven't really tried it, but this tactic aims to push the ball forward once receieved, so holding the ball might affect that. Try it though, could be better, might aswell experiment!

  4. Quote Originally Posted by saroy94 View Post
    I haven't really tried it, but this tactic aims to push the ball forward once receieved, so holding the ball might affect that. Try it though, could be better, might aswell experiment!
    Thx mate (: what is the performance of Hamsik in your team?

  5. I've just started a fresh new game with Napoli, overwrited my other one, but as I remember, he scored 2 and assisted 2 in the 2 Serie A games. My other saved game corrupted after FM decided to crash you see.

    I'll keep this thread updated with new screenshots with this tactic and will be looking at ways to improve it, so please let me know how your season goes

  6. Sorry, I just can't dl the tactic from here.
    can you upload to somewhere else?
    Thank you

  7. Thank you

  8. Quote Originally Posted by sandford View Post
    Sorry, I just can't dl the tactic from here.
    can you upload to somewhere else?
    Thank you
    You should be able to download now

    Quote Originally Posted by sercan204 View Post
    Thank you
    You're most welcome! Please keep me updated on your progress and provide any feedback if you have any

  9. Seems like a good fit for my Spurs team, and similair to the one i used on FM2010 for the same team roughly..
    Also what match prep do you use?
    I normally have Atk, just wondering because it might help.

  10. Danny's Avatar Danny
    Super Moderator
    Screenshots of good results? How well it's done for you ect.

  11. Have you actually tried this tactic out yourself? Wouldn't recommend uploading something without any proof it actually works unless you enjoy people hating you...

  12. Match prep to Team blend, try attacking if you want, you may bag in plwnty of more goals

    & yes of course i've tried it. I've got more screenshots to upload, so expect to see some by the end of the day.

  13. Chris's Avatar ChrisPremium Member
    • Chris's Avatar
    • 4. Chelsea 40 +15
      --------------------------------
      5. Arsenal 36 +7
      --------------------------------
      6. Newcastle 36 +5
      7. Liverpool 35 +6
      8. Stoke 30 -9
      9. Norwich 28 -4
      10. Swansea 26 -2
      --------------------------------
      11. Everton 25 -4

      Last result:
      Newcastle 1-0 QPR (Leon Best)

    Who needs Ba; we got Best
    This looks very good! I cannot wait to try it on my Newcastle team.

    I'll give you feedback in the next couple of days or so.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    This looks very good! I cannot wait to try it on my Newcastle team.

    I'll give you feedback in the next couple of days or so.
    Thanks and please do! One thing I realised is that it often works for weaker teams and using it with Napoli wasn't the best option, although it is working for them, but I will be putting up more screenshots soon
    Last edited by saroy94; 14/01/2011 at 11:40 PM.

  15. cant download

    ---------- Post added at 05:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:30 PM ----------

    can you upload somwhere else

  16. Parky1995's Avatar Parky1995
    Amateur
    Cheers, will give it ago. Going to test it on a blue square south side, Dartford. See how good it really is!!

  17. Okay first game against a Big team since using it, and im more than happy.
    It appears that against any lower teams like wolves etc. I need to set the mentality to Attack.


  18. That's a good result and I'm glad it worked

    & I am going to work on the tactic to be at its best against lower teams, but my football manager won't load up due to XML parasin errors. I'm trying to fix it but cannot :\

  19. the link doesn't work

  20. Quote Originally Posted by Nevoxx View Post
    the link doesn't work
    look 4 posts up.

  21. Well, I played 3 matches with my Barca team- lost 5:1 against Real, lost 3:1 against Villarreal, and I lost 2:0 against Hercules. Not good.

  22. Quote Originally Posted by Nevoxx View Post
    Well, I played 3 matches with my Barca team- lost 5:1 against Real, lost 3:1 against Villarreal, and I lost 2:0 against Hercules. Not good.
    The last team you'd want to use this tactic with is a really strong team.

  23. :)

    I'm using it with Tottenham, really really nice!

    Sorry for my English
    Greetings from MIlano!

  24. Quote Originally Posted by saxet View Post
    I'm using it with Tottenham, really really nice!

    Sorry for my English
    Greetings from MIlano!
    Good to hear, mind posting some screenshots of how the tactic is going for you e.g. your best win?

  25. Quote Originally Posted by Nevoxx View Post
    Well, I played 3 matches with my Barca team- lost 5:1 against Real, lost 3:1 against Villarreal, and I lost 2:0 against Hercules. Not good.

    WOW, great testing!!!!!
    3 games to deside that a tactic is not good, well done amateur

  26. Quote Originally Posted by OmegaKnight View Post
    WOW, great testing!!!!!
    3 games to deside that a tactic is not good, well done amateur
    It's not that. I doubt this tactic will work with Barcelona because i'm sure Sports Interactive made the other teams aware of how brilliant Barcelona are, so they would play deep and this tactic aims to counter the opposition, useful for good and poor teams, whereas Barcelona are a threat to every opposition.

  27. This tatic is very overbalanced, in the sense that you've got 5 outfield players with a defend duty, only 1 with a support and 4 with an attack duty.

    It would not work with teams like Barca, Real, Man Utd, Chelsea, or any other championship winning teams. But for mid-table teams, with the players to pull this off, it could work.

  28. Well you have to try it first

  29. What big teams look to counter anyway?
    Exactly.. After playing a few games i've decided that i shall keep this Tactic for my big games..
    Because it works perfectly, but i just do no make enough chances against weaker teams..
    Should be very good with mid table team's.

  30. Quote Originally Posted by CardozoThePro View Post
    What big teams look to counter anyway?
    Exactly.. After playing a few games i've decided that i shall keep this Tactic for my big games..
    Because it works perfectly, but i just do no make enough chances against weaker teams..
    Should be very good with mid table team's.
    It only really works at its best in big matches, so ight now I am trying everything to balance it out

  31. Quote Originally Posted by saroy94 View Post
    Good to hear, mind posting some screenshots of how the tactic is going for you e.g. your best win?
    I tried it for two matches of ChampionsLeague:
    Tottenham - Bayern 2-1
    Bayern - Tottenham 0-2

    The problem is that the game crashed and I didn't save the game...
    when I do it again I will post the screens ok ?

  32. Some progress in my current Napoli game:





    ---------- Post added at 01:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by saxet View Post
    I tried it for two matches of ChampionsLeague:
    Tottenham - Bayern 2-1
    Bayern - Tottenham 0-2

    The problem is that the game crashed and I didn't save the game...
    when I do it again I will post the screens ok ?
    That's a decent score against them and please do, if you can

  33. Quote Originally Posted by saroy94 View Post
    That's a decent score against them and please do, if you can
    Ok, np
    Can I ask to you why you choose Napoli?

  34. Sure

    Well I noticed that they had quite a good squad in FM10, even after struggling over the last few years by getting relegated etc. and I thought i'd love to make them successful because in my opinion they deserve it.

  35. Quote Originally Posted by saroy94 View Post
    Sure

    Well I noticed that they had quite a good squad in FM10, even after struggling over the last few years by getting relegated etc. and I thought i'd love to make them successful because in my opinion they deserve it.
    You are absolutely right.

  36. Quote Originally Posted by saxet View Post
    You are absolutely right.
    Plus i'm glad at their performance at the moment. It's a great position for them. It's a shame for Inter to be 6th. I blame the Benitez.

  37. Quote Originally Posted by saroy94 View Post
    Plus i'm glad at their performance at the moment. It's a great position for them. It's a shame for Inter to be 6th. I blame the Benitez.
    We are 6th But we have to play two matches..

    Here you are:


  38. Thats a good result, but wouldn't it be better for Huddlestone and Modric to swap? Modric is more attacking isn't he? & How is Kiko like in your game?

  39. Quote Originally Posted by saroy94 View Post
    Thats a good result, but wouldn't it be better for Huddlestone and Modric to swap? Modric is more attacking isn't he? & How is Kiko like in your game?
    I had not seen that Modric was instead of Huddleston
    Kiko is the reserve of Lennon .. I really like him!
    He does a lot of assists!

  40. Well i'll be keeping an eye on him

  41. I found that most cm's work well in just the attacking midfielder role. Especially Jenas.
    Brought him on against Villa for VdV and he banged in 2. Got Lyon next, very equal squad imo to spurs ill post how i get on..
    Only thing is i think Bales injured..

  42. Well the attacking mid can suit any player as long as he has good mental attributions really. I'm yet to start using this tactic with a low-table team in the premiership, maybe blackburn

  43. wat skin u using there?

  44. Rd5

  45. I'm going to try this tactic out, but im not sure what team to manage. Ideas?

  46. Quote Originally Posted by iGary View Post
    I'm going to try this tactic out, but im not sure what team to manage. Ideas?
    A team with a fast squad, especially the wingers & striker. Can't give you a specific team i'm afraid.

  47. This tactic is good especially when ur team is running out of form..but, for me if u want to maximize the use of marek hamsik u need to put him on attacking mid position with an attack instruction..put two central mids with support instruction..u can put lavezzi on the left with inside forward minded and sosa on the right with winger and attacking indstruction..u should be able to score goals, but be aware when ure running out of form make sure u switch to saroy's tactic back..Hope it works!..Forza Partenopei!!..

  48. Quote Originally Posted by erinashilan View Post
    This tactic is good especially when ur team is running out of form..but, for me if u want to maximize the use of marek hamsik u need to put him on attacking mid position with an attack instruction..put two central mids with support instruction..u can put lavezzi on the left with inside forward minded and sosa on the right with winger and attacking indstruction..u should be able to score goals, but be aware when ure running out of form make sure u switch to saroy's tactic back..Hope it works!..Forza Partenopei!!..
    Thanks for that

    I'm thinking of making a new version of the tactic, making it work best on the 11.3 patch. I'm currently Valladolid so see how it goes

  49. Alright, these are decent results indeed. Though, it's not really a counter tactic. When playing on the counter you want to break out as soon as you can, and the specified tempo in this tactic is way to low in order to break out fast.

    Just a tip. Nice results though!

+ Reply to Thread

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO