DMF's Unorthodox 4-2-3-1 - Analysis and Download!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  1. DMF's Avatar DMFPremium Member
    @dmf180593

    DMF's Unorthodox 4-2-3-1 - Analysis and Download!




    I tested this tactic with Arsenal and in 1 successful season of testing, I won the Premier League, UEFA Champions League and came Runner Up in the FA Cup.

    Aim of Tactic

    The aim of this tactic is to play fast, flowing football while scoring lots of goals but being solid at the back too. I believe I have succeeded in doing this with this tactic.

    In 38 league games, I won 31, drew 4 and lost 3 - scoring 91 goals and conceding 24 in the process. The goals also get spread out a lot throughout the team, with my top goalscorers being Marouane Chamakh with 18, Cesc Fabregas with 17, Robin Van Persie with 16 and Samir Nasri & Theo Walcott with 11 each.

    An important part of this tactic is possession. The side usually had about 55-65% possession in games, but it wasn't key. There were plenty of occasions where we didn't have the majority of possession but we created plenty of chances and scored plenty of goals meaning we won majority of games. On average the team had 19 shots per game and 6 CCC per game - meaning there were plenty of chances to score goals and win games.

    Layout of Tactic - Player Roles

    The team layout is very unorthodox, but is also quite balanced in the same instance.

    DMF's Unorthodox 4-2-3-1 - Analysis and Download!-arsenal-arsenal_-tactics-.png

    Player Roles

    RB - Full Back - Automatic
    LB - Full Back - Automatic
    CBL - Ball Playing Defender - Defend
    CBR - Central Defender - Stopper
    DM - Defensive Midfielder - Defend
    MCL - Box to Box Midfielder - Support
    AMR - Winger - Attack
    AML - Inside Forward - Attack
    AMCR - Advanced Playmaker - Attack
    STL - Deep Lying Forward/Poacher - Attack

    The striker position is interchangable between a Poacher and a Deep Lying Forward because of the Advanced Options. They are very similar and depending on the striker you have they will be better off in a different role e.g. RVP = DLF but Marouane Chamakh = Poacher.

    Best Results

    DMF's Unorthodox 4-2-3-1 - Analysis and Download!-arsenal-v-aston-villa-information_-overview-.pngDMF's Unorthodox 4-2-3-1 - Analysis and Download!-arsenal-v-barcelona-split-view-.pngDMF's Unorthodox 4-2-3-1 - Analysis and Download!-arsenal-v-chelsea-information_-overview-.png
    DMF's Unorthodox 4-2-3-1 - Analysis and Download!-chelsea-v-arsenal-information_-overview-.pngDMF's Unorthodox 4-2-3-1 - Analysis and Download!-everton-v-arsenal-information_-overview-.pngDMF's Unorthodox 4-2-3-1 - Analysis and Download!-valencia-v-arsenal-information_-overview-.png

    DMF's Unorthodox 4-2-3-1 - Analysis and Download!-barclays-premier-league-information_-league-table-2.png

    # # # # #

    DOWNLOAD LINK - HERE

    Last edited by DMF; 18/02/2011 at 12:44 AM.

  2. Looks interesting, will give it a go , use any touchline shouts?

  3. DMF's Avatar DMFPremium Member
    @dmf180593
    Nope, none at all. Also used Ass Man's OI's and they seem to work a treat.

  4. Did you not have a thread on this a while back?

  5. DMF's Avatar DMFPremium Member
    @dmf180593
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Did you not have a thread on this a while back?
    Yeah, but it got cluttered with spam so I deleted it and made a new one.

    Download link now in OP
    Last edited by DMF; 18/02/2011 at 12:47 AM.

  6. The only negative I see in this tactic is that too much emphasis is placed on the box-to-box midfielder during the transition phase. The defensive midfielder isn't a deep-lying playmaker, no wing backs and all the attacking midfielders are given attack duties. I'd personally prefer the defensive midfielder to be a deep-lying playmaker - defend, someone like Thiago Motta or Arturo Vidal, so that there's more than a single way to send the ball up forward rather than totally counting on the box-to-box guy.

    Other than that, it looks pretty nice and worth a try. Downloading atm. Thank you!

  7. DMF's Avatar DMFPremium Member
    @dmf180593
    Quote Originally Posted by Der elegante Milanista View Post
    The only negative I see in this tactic is that too much emphasis is placed on the box-to-box midfielder during the transition phase. The defensive midfielder isn't a deep-lying playmaker, no wing backs and all the attacking midfielders are given attack duties. I'd personally prefer the defensive midfielder to be a deep-lying playmaker - defend, someone like Thiago Motta or Arturo Vidal, so that there's more than a single way to send the ball up forward rather than totally counting on the box-to-box guy.

    Other than that, it looks pretty nice and worth a try. Downloading atm. Thank you!
    You'd think that, but it looks to me that the team relies quite heavily on the AMCR and the AML for the attacking spark.

    An excellent AMC is essential for this tactic to work and an Inside Forward with good creativity and decent finishing (a la Nasri) seems to work best. The box to box midfielder doesn't get many goals/assists but turns in good performances.

    I used 3 main CM's (Wilshere, Ramsey and Denilson) all getting over 7.1 average ratings for the entire season.

  8. Is there any specific player attributes to look for?

  9. DMF's Avatar DMFPremium Member
    @dmf180593
    Quote Originally Posted by thfc_09 View Post
    Is there any specific player attributes to look for?
    As long as they are strong in the key positions needed for the role they are playing (which you can see when it's highlighted and selecting the role) then they should be fine.

  10. Looks good mate will try out for you

  11. Nice. I assume there is quite a bit of roaming as well to aid the fluidity of the play. Will try it...
    Quick question, where did you get that sexy skin?

  12. DMF's Avatar DMFPremium Member
    @dmf180593
    Quote Originally Posted by BrutalZ View Post
    Nice. I assume there is quite a bit of roaming as well to aid the fluidity of the play. Will try it...
    Quick question, where did you get that sexy skin?
    The roaming is there, but it's not leaky and the formation is strong enough and copes well with attacks. The defenders are always back and do very well indeed.

  13. Can I ask where you got the kit skin from. Off topic I know, but I really would like the kits on my save, and cant seem to find the best ones - I like the look of yours!

  14. who did you play where, generally?

  15. DMF's Avatar DMFPremium Member
    @dmf180593
    Quote Originally Posted by NickMickJ View Post
    Can I ask where you got the kit skin from. Off topic I know, but I really would like the kits on my save, and cant seem to find the best ones - I like the look of yours!
    Got them off Base. They are the individual kits for each league.

    Quote Originally Posted by glova96 View Post
    who did you play where, generally?
    GK: Rene Adler
    LB: Clichy/Gibbs
    CBR: Koscielny/Squillaci
    CBL: Vermaelen/Djourou/Jones
    RB: Sagna/Eboue
    DM: Song/Battaglia
    CML: Denilson/Wilshere/Ramsay
    AMR: Walcott/Arshavin
    AML: Nasri/Arshavin/Vela
    AMCR: Fabregas/Arshavin/Nasri/Wilshere
    STL: Van Persie/Chamakh/Griffiths

  16. GK: Rene Adler
    LB: Clichy/Gibbs
    CBR: Koscielny/Squillaci
    CBL: Vermaelen/Djourou/Jones
    RB: Sagna/Eboue
    DM: Song/Battaglia
    CML: Denilson/Wilshere/Ramsay
    AMR: Walcott/Arshavin
    AML: Nasri/Arshavin/Vela
    AMCR: Fabregas/Arshavin/Nasri/Wilshere
    STL: Van Persie/Chamakh/Griffiths[/QUOTE]

    cheers

  17. DMF's Avatar DMFPremium Member
    @dmf180593
    Quote Originally Posted by glova96 View Post
    GK: Rene Adler
    LB: Clichy/Gibbs
    CBR: Koscielny/Squillaci
    CBL: Vermaelen/Djourou/Jones
    RB: Sagna/Eboue
    DM: Song/Battaglia
    CML: Denilson/Wilshere/Ramsay
    AMR: Walcott/Arshavin
    AML: Nasri/Arshavin/Vela
    AMCR: Fabregas/Arshavin/Nasri/Wilshere
    STL: Van Persie/Chamakh/Griffiths

    cheers
    No worries

  18. Quote Originally Posted by DMF View Post
    Got them off Base. They are the individual kits for each league.
    I know this is nothing to do with your thread mate, is there anyway you can send me the folder? I've looked on here, but the packs dont load properly for me.

  19. DMF's Avatar DMFPremium Member
    @dmf180593
    It's not one file. It's about 15 because I downloaded 15 seperate files with different leagues in each..

  20. Are there any opposition instructions and match prepartion we should use and pitch size??

  21. DMF's Avatar DMFPremium Member
    @dmf180593
    Quote Originally Posted by thfc_09 View Post
    Are there any opposition instructions and match prepartion we should use and pitch size??
    I left all of that stuff to the assistant manager mate..

    Pitch size I left as current for the Emirates and it worked exceptionally well. A more narrow pitch would probably be best as the only player told to hug the touchline is the AMR (Walcott).

  22. I've just realised, that aside from a few player role variations, our formations our identical

  23. DMF's Avatar DMFPremium Member
    @dmf180593
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    I've just realised, that aside from a few player role variations, our formations our identical
    Are they really? Tbh, I didn't even know you had a tactic out mate

  24. Quote Originally Posted by DMF View Post
    Are they really? Tbh, I didn't even know you had a tactic out mate
    Nah I've not released it mate, I did release a bog standard 4-2-3-1 which generated a fair bit of interest, but I've created one like this to use now, as a variant:- but the other side, so my AMC is on the left. And instead of full backs I'm using wing backs, wing back attack on the right to keep the width as my AMR is an inside forward as well.

    Like your style though babes

  25. DMF's Avatar DMFPremium Member
    @dmf180593
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Nah I've not released it mate, I did release a bog standard 4-2-3-1 which generated a fair bit of interest, but I've created one like this to use now, as a variant:- but the other side, so my AMC is on the left. And instead of full backs I'm using wing backs, wing back attack on the right to keep the width as my AMR is an inside forward as well.

    Like your style though babes
    Ahh right, sounds very good

    # # # # #

    So, does any one of the 465 people that have downloaded this tactic since it's release have any feedback for me?

  26. Quote Originally Posted by DMF View Post
    So, does any one of the 465 people that have downloaded this tactic since it's release have any feedback for me?
    Doubt it! Mines the 7th most downloaded on the site and didn't get that much feedback Tell ya what, I'm bored of my game so when I start playing again I'll give this a try

  27. DMF's Avatar DMFPremium Member
    @dmf180593
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Doubt it! Mines the 7th most downloaded on the site and didn't get that much feedback Tell ya what, I'm bored of my game so when I start playing again I'll give this a try
    Woop, good lad.

    How many downloads you got so far?

  28. Quote Originally Posted by DMF View Post
    Woop, good lad.

    How many downloads you got so far?
    No problemo babes, I'm out tonight so it'll probably be post hangover tomorrow or Monday

    And 8,794 pal.

  29. DMF's Avatar DMFPremium Member
    @dmf180593
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    No problemo babes, I'm out tonight so it'll probably be post hangover tomorrow or Monday

    And 8,794 pal.
    Ahh balls. Meh, just off 500 after 2 days so I'm not doing too badly

    Good stuff, just make sure you post back here with your results etc

  30. Quote Originally Posted by DMF View Post
    Ahh balls. Meh, just off 500 after 2 days so I'm not doing too badly

    Good stuff, just make sure you post back here with your results etc
    Exactly, still a top effort.

    Will do shortly

  31. hellroker's Avatar hellroker
    Modern Day Legend
    Hey mate, do you think this will work for an LLM side?

  32. Absolutely great tactic, been waiting for this.

  33. DMF's Avatar DMFPremium Member
    @dmf180593
    Quote Originally Posted by hellroker View Post
    Hey mate, do you think this will work for an LLM side?
    Hey mate, umm it should do.

    As long as you have a solid DM and an excellent AMC then I don't see why it shouldn't work - although I couldn't tell you for certain.

    Give it a try then post back in here the results.

  34. hellroker's Avatar hellroker
    Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by DMF View Post
    Hey mate, umm it should do.

    As long as you have a solid DM and an excellent AMC then I don't see why it shouldn't work - although I couldn't tell you for certain.

    Give it a try then post back in here the results.
    Will do mate

  35. tryin this tactic for my norwegian brann team in the first season... after 5 wins of 5 possible i like this... will report back at end of the first season! thx

  36. DMF's Avatar DMFPremium Member
    @dmf180593
    Quote Originally Posted by ragge View Post
    tryin this tactic for my norwegian brann team in the first season... after 5 wins of 5 possible i like this... will report back at end of the first season! thx
    Great stuff mate! Glad it's working for you..

  37. hellroker's Avatar hellroker
    Modern Day Legend
    Well here's my AMC and DM

    DMF's Unorthodox 4-2-3-1 - Analysis and Download!-marcelo-tejera-profile_-attributes-.png DMF's Unorthodox 4-2-3-1 - Analysis and Download!-claudio-pani-profile_-attributes-.png

  38. i am struggling with finishing and creating chances. I have played about 12 games into the season with sunderland, and i cant find the back of the net often enough. I'm 6th in the table and can only knock in about one a game. I draw very often but can never put in the winning goal. any advice? neither asamoah gyan nor darren bent have any success at either DLF or Poacher, though all my other players average great games.

  39. DMF's Avatar DMFPremium Member
    @dmf180593
    Quote Originally Posted by hellroker View Post
    Well here's my AMC and DM

    Attachment 137396 Attachment 137397
    The AMC looks good but the DM may struggle a bit. But if you're in the lower leagues he'll probably be good enough.

    Quote Originally Posted by blatde View Post
    i am struggling with finishing and creating chances. I have played about 12 games into the season with sunderland, and i cant find the back of the net often enough. I'm 6th in the table and can only knock in about one a game. I draw very often but can never put in the winning goal. any advice? neither asamoah gyan nor darren bent have any success at either DLF or Poacher, though all my other players average great games.
    The tactic is pretty reliant on the AMCR. He is key to the creation of chances and he also scores a lot of goals. Who have you got playing in the AMCR role?

  40. switch around between these two

    heres my team as well if it matters


    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DMF's Unorthodox 4-2-3-1 - Analysis and Download!-screen-shot-2011-02-21-3.56.27-am.png   DMF's Unorthodox 4-2-3-1 - Analysis and Download!-screen-shot-2011-02-21-3.57.07-am.png   DMF's Unorthodox 4-2-3-1 - Analysis and Download!-screen-shot-2011-02-21-4.00.36-am.png  


  41. DMF's Avatar DMFPremium Member
    @dmf180593
    Your AMC's still look like they need to develop as they're both young. In fact, most of your midfield looks very young which could be why they aren't performing. Try playing Kieran Richardson as the AML and if you have him still - Jordan Henderson as the AMCR. He's got good stats and develops a lot quicker than most on the game. He also won't need to adapt to the league.

  42. age really matters? I wasnt really sure about that. these players were relatively cheap and had decent stats so i didnt think it would matter. I sort of had this plan to have this young midfield to grow up together. do you think the low age of this whole midfield is why i dont succeed as much as i feel like i should? last season i was in third and just needed to get 10 of my last 15 points to get into the europa league or 12 of my last fifteen to get champs league qualifying and somehow messed it up by losing to blackburn & arsenal and drawing to west ham and man city. i know this a little off topic...

  43. Quote Originally Posted by DMF View Post
    Great stuff mate! Glad it's working for you..


    bad news mate... i did run a 10 match in a row with wins but after that i didnt win in 15 games i have about 5-7 ccc i every match but i dont score more than maximum 2 goals and i concede more goals now than in the beghinning...any suggestions?

  44. sorry man but this is dreadful. i cant use this tactic anymore. my recent form has dropped obscenely. I didnt get but one ccc in the last 3 games. I dont know what happened. i loved the idea though. my strikers almost never score, my midfielders dont finish moves effectively, and my defense gets outclassed by almost everyone. its weird because i spent 11 games undefeated at the beginning of the season
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DMF's Unorthodox 4-2-3-1 - Analysis and Download!-screen-shot-2011-02-21-7.33.41-pm.png   DMF's Unorthodox 4-2-3-1 - Analysis and Download!-screen-shot-2011-02-21-7.36.01-pm.png   DMF's Unorthodox 4-2-3-1 - Analysis and Download!-screen-shot-2011-02-21-7.35.12-pm.png  


  45. Bro the tactic is great but i dont understand why do the players shoot so much. I play with Everton and when the amc gets the ball he shoots immediately and with the striker is same . I play Rodallega as poacher and Ganso/Cahil as amc . When they have counter attack and they are 3 vs 1 the player with the ball shoots while he can pass and score . I wanted to ask will this tactic be good if i change the long shots to sometimes(striker) and rarely (amc).

  46. DMF's Avatar DMFPremium Member
    @dmf180593
    Quote Originally Posted by blatde View Post
    age really matters? I wasnt really sure about that. these players were relatively cheap and had decent stats so i didnt think it would matter. I sort of had this plan to have this young midfield to grow up together. do you think the low age of this whole midfield is why i dont succeed as much as i feel like i should? last season i was in third and just needed to get 10 of my last 15 points to get into the europa league or 12 of my last fifteen to get champs league qualifying and somehow messed it up by losing to blackburn & arsenal and drawing to west ham and man city. i know this a little off topic...
    If they're really young, they won't have fully developed and will still be adapting - meaning they won't play to their full potential.

    Quote Originally Posted by blatde View Post
    sorry man but this is dreadful. i cant use this tactic anymore. my recent form has dropped obscenely. I didnt get but one ccc in the last 3 games. I dont know what happened. i loved the idea though. my strikers almost never score, my midfielders dont finish moves effectively, and my defense gets outclassed by almost everyone. its weird because i spent 11 games undefeated at the beginning of the season
    That's fair enough although I believe it may be more to do with the fact your team was young and you had a lot of new faces in it and they had to gel etc. As you said you had 10 games unbeaten, so it can't be that bad?

    Quote Originally Posted by stevokap View Post
    Bro the tactic is great but i dont understand why do the players shoot so much. I play with Everton and when the amc gets the ball he shoots immediately and with the striker is same . I play Rodallega as poacher and Ganso/Cahil as amc . When they have counter attack and they are 3 vs 1 the player with the ball shoots while he can pass and score . I wanted to ask will this tactic be good if i change the long shots to sometimes(striker) and rarely (amc).
    That may be the players PPM. They may shoot rather than pass, so try to unteach them that. For me they usually pass it, but all our games are different.

  47. I typically had to change the strikers shots to rarely or sometimes because even when there was like 6 guys in the box he would stand 20 yards out and fire for the top right corner. same with pretty much every attacking player. could be the PPMs though. never really found out.

  48. Thanks for the advice i trained them to rather pass then shoot and now the tactic is working perfectly.

  49. DMF's Avatar DMFPremium Member
    @dmf180593
    Quote Originally Posted by stevokap View Post
    Thanks for the advice i trained them to rather pass then shoot and now the tactic is working perfectly.
    No worries mate

    ---------- Post added at 10:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:37 PM ----------

    Anyone have any questions or feedback for me?

  50. DMF's Avatar DMFPremium Member
    @dmf180593
    How's this going for everyone?

    Any questions/feedback?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO