hellroker's 4-2-3-1 Domination
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1. hellroker's Avatar hellroker
    Modern Day Legend

hellroker's 4-2-3-1 Domination

Hello all, this is the first tactic I have released for FM 2011. Well,I know that you guys might say that winning with the team I chose is pretty easy, but that is why I am releasing the tactic, so that you can test it with smaller sides.

So here it is!

The 4-2-3-1 Domination:

Player Roles:

GK: Goalkeeper - Defend. Classic Keeper (Akinfeev,Adler,Stekelenburg)

RB: Wingback - Attack Tackling,Marking,Crossing,Pace,Acceleration,Dribbling, Positioning. Aerial ability would be a bonus. (Lahm,Dani Alves,Srna,Gary Medel,Mariano)

LB: Wingback - Support. Tackling,Marking,Crossing,Pace,Acceleration,Dribbling,Positioning. Aerial Ability will be a bonus. (Diego Contento,Evra,Clichy,Coentrao,Bale,Pranjic

RCB: Limited Defender - Defend. Tackling,Marking,Bravery,Heading,Jumping,Strength,Positioning,Determination. (Badstuber,Mexes,Astori,Dante,Zapata)

LCB: Center Defender - DefendTackling,Marking,Bravery,Heading,Jumping,Strength,Positioning,Determination. (Van Buyten,Demichelis,Breno,Christian Ramos)

RCM - Ball Winning Midfielder - Support
    Tackling,Marking,Bravery,Stamina,Strength,Work Rate,Passing,Teamwork,Aggression. (Luis Gustavo,Annan,Vidal,Vukojevic,Tymoschuk

LCM - Box to Box Midfielder
    Passing,Marking,First Touch,Work Rate,Stamina,Strength,Determination,Technique,Long Shots. (Moussa Sissoko, Schweinsteiger,Khedira,Denys Garmash,Vladyslav Kalitvintsev

Wingers - Inisde Forward - SupportDribbling,Finishing,Technique,Acceleration,Pace,Passing,Crossing,Teamwork. (Robben,Ribery,Niakhaichyk,Muller.) Also remember, left footed for Right side and vice-versa.

AMC - Trequartista Passing,Dribbling,First Touch,Technique,Off the Ball,Creativity,Pace,Acceleration,Finishing. (Kroos,Muller,Ganso,Alex Teixeira,Lucas)

ST - Advanced Forward - Attack Finishing,Dribbling,Work Rate,Off the Ball, Stamina,Pace,Acceleration, Aerial ability is a bonus. (Gomez,Olic,Kießling,Fred,Thiago Ribeiro)

Now on to the screens:

Top of the league, having scored the highest number of goals, and just second to Schalke in the number conceded.
    hellroker's 4-2-3-1 Domination-german-first-division-information_-league-table-.png

Here are a few results now:

hellroker's 4-2-3-1 Domination-fc-bayern-v-partizan-information_-overview-.png
    Should I say anything? The scoreline says it all.

hellroker's 4-2-3-1 Domination-werder-bremen-v-fc-bayern-information_-overview-.png
    As said above. A much better team than Partizan as well.

hellroker's 4-2-3-1 Domination-om-v-fc-bayern-information_-overview-.png
    A really good result, considering we were away from home against formidable opposition.

hellroker's 4-2-3-1 Domination-fc-bayern-v-leverkusen-information_-overview-.png
    Their only shot on target turned out to be a goal, that too from a set-piece in stoppage time.

hellroker's 4-2-3-1 Domination-dortmund-v-fc-bayern-information_-overview-.png
    Total domination away from home, restricting the home side to just 2 shots and none on target. Should have scored more than two though

hellroker's 4-2-3-1 Domination-tottenham-v-fc-bayern-information_-overview-.png
    Once again, a good result away from home against formidable opposition. They had more possesion, but hey we were playing away and its the quality of possession and not quantity that counts,doesn't it?

Also, here are two of my top players so far.
    hellroker's 4-2-3-1 Domination-ivica-olic-profile_-attributes-.png
    The Croat has been in hot form, with 12 in 15 games including 6 assists as well. Was initially regarded backup to Gomez, but stepped up to the plate when Mario got injured, and has been sensational.

hellroker's 4-2-3-1 Domination-franck-rib%C3%A9ry-profile_-attributes-.png
    A player who has been integral to my success so far, Franck the Frenchman has got 12 goals in 14 matches, as well as 9 assists! Pity he got injured though Hope Niakhaichyk can do well too

Some More Things:
    • OI: Leave it to assistant
    • Touchline Shouts: Didn't use much. Used Pass into Space and Work Ball into Box
    • Match Preparation: I used Attacking Movement, may differ if you are a smaller team though.
    • Style of Play: In case you are a smaller side, you may change the philosophy to Balanced or Rigid and Starting Strategy to Control

Download Link
    http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downl...o=file&id=4748

Last edited by hellroker; 24/03/2011 at 10:38 AM.

2. iNickStuff's Avatar iNickStuffPremium Member
    • Man Utd (2011-2031):

x14 Barclays Premier League titles
      x13 FA Community Shields
      x12 FA Cups
      x11 UEFA Champions League titles
      x10 League Cups

England (2018-2022):

x1 UEFA European Championship
      x1 FIFA World Cup
      x1 FIFA Confederations Cup
    Considering his options
    Good tactic. Have you tried it out with other clubs?

3. hellroker's Avatar hellroker
    Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by iNickStuff View Post
    Good tactic. Have you tried it out with other clubs?
    tbh I haven't because of my ongoing examinations. I will after I complete a season with Bayern. And thanks

4. Alienman
    First Team
    Is it just me, or do all 4-2-3-1s seem the same? It looks very similar to something I had been working on, just haven't been able to get the midfielders right, maybe I should try a box to box as well then.

5. shadowsc2's Avatar shadowsc2
    First Team
    Olić in 5 international games 11 goals!? LOL.

On-topic, seems like a good tactic.

6. hellroker's Avatar hellroker
    Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowsc2 View Post
    Olić in 5 international games 11 goals!? LOL.
    Haha yea, he's a beast

7. Will try it soon, looks good though mate.

8. Your tactic is complete dominance from 2010 version?

9. You play in patch 11.3 ?
    Last edited by TylerD21; 23/03/2011 at 02:19 AM.

10. Would you advise changing some of the player roles?

11. I love that kind of formation but i can never get it to work with lesser skilled teams, i will give this a go but im assuming its one of those that are great for the good teams and not so much with worse off teams.

trying it with leeds btw

12. hellroker's Avatar hellroker
    Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by woollonbcfc View Post
    Will try it soon, looks good though mate.
    Which team are you trying it with?

Quote Originally Posted by edq28w View Post
    Your tactic is complete dominance from 2010 version?
    Haha no, what makes you think that?

Quote Originally Posted by TylerD21 View Post
    You play in patch 11.3 ?
    Yep, patch 11.3 mate

Quote Originally Posted by Chillax7 View Post
    Would you advise changing some of the player roles?
    Depends on your team really. If your AMC isnt that much of a goalscorer, then you could change his role to Advanced Playmaker

Quote Originally Posted by Wolves_Dan View Post
    I love that kind of formation but i can never get it to work with lesser skilled teams, i will give this a go but im assuming its one of those that are great for the good teams and not so much with worse off teams.

trying it with leeds btw
    Nice, should do well with Leeds. Becchio should be good upfront, I suggest playing Ross McCormack on the left, as his preferred foot is right, and get a nice Left Footed Right winger like Mehdi Carcela if he would want to join you.

13. nice Ajji as soon as you make a tactic that has the same setup as some of the more well known ones, people assume its the same tactic its madness hahhaa....

looks good I have made one for Rooney as Amc in my Man Utd guide, he plays really well there

14. hellroker's Avatar hellroker
    Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Raikan007 View Post
    nice Ajji as soon as you make a tactic that has the same setup as some of the more well known ones, people assume its the same tactic its madness hahhaa....

looks good I have made one for Rooney as Amc in my Man Utd guide, he plays really well there
    Haha yea, Rooney would fit in my tactic as AMC perfectly as well

15. hellroker's Avatar hellroker
    Modern Day Legend
    hellroker's 4-2-3-1 Domination-partizan-v-fc-bayern-information_-overview-.png

Olic returns to goalscoring form after a 3 match drought. Unfortunately goes off injured, on comes the sub Gomez to score as well Happy that the injury was minor.

16. oye bhikari!!!!

17. hellroker's Avatar hellroker
    Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by adityajain View Post
    oye bhikari!!!!
    Teri maa ka saakinaka.

18. You are playing Bayern..

19. This tactic looks a beast! I always use this formation although sometimes i bring the wingers to the middle and play 3 AMC's.. will download and have a play

20. mccollio09's Avatar mccollio09
    Star Player
    Nice tactic, used a similar one on FM10 for my Sunderland team, I think the only difference was I used a DLP instead of a box to box midfielder. It dominated all competitions so I'm pretty sure you're also onto a winner with that tactic there.

21. Trying with arsenal mate, second season.

22. any match prep or OI ?????? would this tactic work with liverpool ? if so what would be the best way to fit suarez and carroll into the system?
    Last edited by Lfcsuarez; 24/03/2011 at 07:09 AM.

23. hellroker's Avatar hellroker
    Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Lfcsuarez View Post
    any match prep or OI ?????? would this tactic work with liverpool ? if so what would be the best way to fit suarez and carroll into the system?
    Please read the OP. Also yes it will work with Pool. I would suggest playing Carroll up front, and retraining Suarez to play AML as he would suit the Inside Forward role there and will also fill in a weak position for Liverpool.

This formation should work nicely-

GK: Reina
    RB: Johnson
    CB: Carra
    CB: Agger
    LB: Insert New Signing here
    RCM : Lucas
    LCM : Insert New Signing here (Moussa Sissoko preferably)
    LW: Suarez
    CAM: Gerrard
    RW: Kuyt
    ST : Carroll

---------- Post added at 02:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Haiku View Post
    You are playing Bayern..
    Quote Originally Posted by hellroker View Post
    Hello all, this is the first tactic I have released for FM 2011. Well,I know that you guys might say that winning with the team I chose is pretty easy, but that is why I am releasing the tactic, so that you can test it with smaller sides.
    Get my point?

24. hellroker's Avatar hellroker
    Modern Day Legend
    hellroker's 4-2-3-1 Domination-r.-madrid-v-fc-bayern-information_-overview-.png

A really good result, away from home, more possession, and the point to be noted is absence of key players like Ribery,Robben,Olic,Gomez and Pranjic.

25. Hey is Toni Kroos in your first 11 and how is he performing for you? I have been struggling to nail down his best role and duty, and would be interested in how he is performing in this tactic. He is putting in good performances with my tactic, but I would like to see him get more goals, because all his stats suggest that he should be a goal machine from the AMC position.

26. hellroker's Avatar hellroker
    Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by jmoser View Post
    Hey is Toni Kroos in your first 11 and how is he performing for you? I have been struggling to nail down his best role and duty, and would be interested in how he is performing in this tactic. He is putting in good performances with my tactic, but I would like to see him get more goals, because all his stats suggest that he should be a goal machine from the AMC position.
    Kroos is an integral part of my team, yes he is a goalscoring AMC hence the role Trequartista has been given to him.

27. Hi, i just tried your tactic with Ac.Milan for 5 match. I won all match and your tactic looks a great one. I will give you more fell back after more match.

This is my team

Abbiati
    Abate
    Nesta
    Thiago Silva
    Antonini
    Ambrosini DMC
    Gattuso MR
    Pirlo ML
    Pato AMR
    Boateng AMC
    Robinho AML
    Ibrahimovic

28. hellroker's Avatar hellroker
    Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Scri View Post
    Hi, i just tried your tactic with Ac.Milan for 5 match. I won all match and your tactic looks a great one. I will give you more fell back after more match.

This is my team

Abbiati
    Abate
    Nesta
    Thiago Silva
    Antonini
    Ambrosini DMC
    Gattuso MR
    Pirlo ML
    Pato AMR
    Boateng AMC
    Robinho AML
    Ibrahimovic
    Very nice, thank you Please continue leaving your feedback

29. hellroker's Avatar hellroker
    Modern Day Legend
    Finally, my exams are over and I have completed my testing with Bayern. And to say the least I have been successful

Won the league. Well it was already decided 5 games before the last matchday. Scored the most amount of goals and conceded the least

hellroker's 4-2-3-1 Domination-german-first-division-information_-stages-.png

A cup win completed the double for us, when we defeated Dortmund in the Final.

hellroker's 4-2-3-1 Domination-fc-bayern-v-dortmund-information_-overview-.png

My injury-ravaged side (Olic,Gomez,Ribery,Robben,Pranjic missing) did well to gain a draw against Real Madrid at the Bernabeu, but unfortunately got beat 1-0 at home, Higuain the tosser

Here are a few laurels my players won as well

hellroker's 4-2-3-1 Domination-david-seaman-news_-inbox-.png
    Muller was influential in our team's success. He was played in several positions because of the team plagued with injuries. He played at AML,AMC,AMR as well as Striker.

hellroker's 4-2-3-1 Domination-david-seaman-news_-inbox-2.png
    Van Buyten had a key part to play in Bayern's defence and boy didn't he do well? Diego Contento who was initially considered backup to Pranjic was played in a cup game and impressed and never looked back since then and his second place shows it

hellroker's 4-2-3-1 Domination-david-seaman-news_-inbox-3.png
    What should I say now?

Here is the team of the year, which includes 3 of our back 4, Igor Akinfeev as well as Thomas Muller
    hellroker's 4-2-3-1 Domination-german-first-division-awards_-award-winners-.png

So I wish I could continue this save, but I am not going to do so, and now head to France to test my tactic with LOSC Lille

30. nice stuff....i'm trying with fiorentina with good result...i have some problem with strong team obvoiusly....i will finish the season and report back

31. hellroker's Avatar hellroker
    Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by pescefesso View Post
    nice stuff....i'm trying with fiorentina with good result...i have some problem with strong team obvoiusly....i will finish the season and report back
    Cheers mate, please do

32. ive been using this with liverpool .with the line-up u suggested . and its going ok but not amazing . Carroll dosent seem to suit the striker roll at all.

33. hellroker's Avatar hellroker
    Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Lfcsuarez View Post
    Carroll dosent seem to suit the striker roll at all.
    I thought so as well, he is much of a target man rather than an advanced forward.Try playing Suarez upfront with Joe Cole on LW maybe?

34. when i download this it is a .rar file. how do i use it in fm?

35. hellroker's Avatar hellroker
    Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by LILCON2K10 View Post
    when i download this it is a .rar file. how do i use it in fm?
    Extract the .tac file from the rar archive and put it in my documents-sports interactive-fm 2011-tactics.

36. Quote Originally Posted by hellroker View Post
    Extract the .tac file from the rar archive and put it in my documents-sports interactive-fm 2011-tactics.
    Ok thanks very much.

37. your tactic is really good but its useless when you play away game with big clubs. can you give some advice or create new tactic for away game...

38. What pitch size suits this tactic best first off I thaught Well you are using an attacking fullback so it has to be somewhat wide but then I saw it's using insife forwards so it might need a narrower pitch.What size should I use also im using this in my City game.
    hellroker's 4-2-3-1 Domination-manchester-city-man-city_-tactics-.png
    I am thinking of brining in and have had bids accepted for Sissoko and Vidal.Hazard as AMC but may switch that to Adv Playmaker instead of what it is.
    Vucinic as the left inside forward.Have had bids accepted for Lahm,Srna and VDW but Lahm wants like 180kp/w
    Also Im looking for a good left back but I have a feeling that Coentrao will be a slight bit expensive.
    Last edited by coolguyrko; 27/03/2011 at 11:37 PM.

39. hellroker's Avatar hellroker
    Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by grotesque83 View Post
    your tactic is really good but its useless when you play away game with big clubs. can you give some advice or create new tactic for away game...
    Use the shouts like - Pass into Space,Retain Possession, Work ball into box. Also try and change the strategy to control or standard.

---------- Post added at 04:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by coolguyrko View Post
    What pitch size suits this tactic best first off I thaught Well you are using an attacking fullback so it has to be somewhat wide but then I saw it's using insife forwards so it might need a narrower pitch.What size should I use also im using this in my City game.
    Attachment 150891
    I am thinking of brining in and have had bids accepted for Sissoko and Vidal.Hazard as AMC but may switch that to Adv Playmaker instead of what it is.
    Vucinic as the left inside forward.Have had bids accepted for Lahm,Srna and VDW but Lahm wants like 180kp/w
    Also Im looking for a good left back but I have a feeling that Coentrao will be a slight bit expensive.
    Hmm Srna or VDW should be good for RB. LB try someone like M'Bengue? Or Jose Angel? I suggest to get one out of Sissoko and Vidal and not both, as De Jong is pretty good for the Ball-Winner spot. And yes if you do get Hazard change the role to Adv Playmaker. Also pitch size i used standard

40. Quote Originally Posted by hellroker View Post
    Use the shouts like - Pass into Space,Retain Possession, Work ball into box. Also try and change the strategy to control or standard.

---------- Post added at 04:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 AM ----------

Hmm Srna or VDW should be good for RB. LB try someone like M'Bengue? Or Jose Angel? I suggest to get one out of Sissoko and Vidal and not both, as De Jong is pretty good for the Ball-Winner spot. And yes if you do get Hazard change the role to Adv Playmaker. Also pitch size i used standard
    Thanks.Well I was thinking more of using Sissoko as Box to Box with toure as back up and Vidal as ball wining with de jong rotating.

41. hellroker's Avatar hellroker
    Modern Day Legend
    Thanks.Well I was thinking more of using Sissoko as Box to Box with toure as back up and Vidal as ball wining with de jong rotating.
    Nah, dont waste money like that, Barry is there

42. Gonna give you'r tactic a try with Liverpool. Everything has failed so far, so i can at least try it.. I'll let you know when i'm a couple of games in

43. Quote Originally Posted by hellroker View Post
    Nah, dont waste money like that, Barry is there
    But useless.I was thinking of selling alot of players that just dont fit my plan which unfortunalty are most of the English players which means Ive gotta find 8 English players somewhere.

44. hellroker's Avatar hellroker
    Modern Day Legend
    But useless.I was thinking of selling alot of players that just dont fit my plan which unfortunalty are most of the English players which means Ive gotta find 8 English players somewhere.
    Barry is useless? I dont think so. He is a really good backup IMO

45. Quote Originally Posted by hellroker View Post
    well thanks for the advice but i think you should create a control tactic because when you play with a lower team your tactic could be vaery offensive. for ex im using it with leeds united and it worked wonderful in championship but when i promoted to premier league in away game i became to concede too much goal like 7-0 arsenal or 6-1 manu . and btw i used some of the shouts u advice to me...

ps: sorry for my bad english

46. hellroker's Avatar hellroker
    Modern Day Legend
    well thanks for the advice but i think you should create a control tactic because when you play with a lower team your tactic could be vaery offensive. for ex im using it with leeds united and it worked wonderful in championship but when i promoted to premier league in away game i became to concede too much goal like 7-0 arsenal or 6-1 manu . and btw i used some of the shouts u advice to me...

ps: sorry for my bad english
    Hm true, well but there isnt much to change. Why don't you do it? Just change the strategy to control and philosophy to balanced or rigig and you're done

47. Quote Originally Posted by hellroker View Post
    Hm true, well but there isnt much to change. Why don't you do it? Just change the strategy to control and philosophy to balanced or rigig and you're done
    hımm i will try it with real madrid away game and i will write it on forum in 15 min(with my fenerbahçe save)

48. hellroker's Avatar hellroker
    Modern Day Legend
    hımm i will try it with real madrid away game and i will write it on forum in 15 min(with my fenerbahçe save)
    Ok mate

Update:

Testing with Lille, I beat Sporting CP 6-0 in the Europa League Will post screenshots later when i complete half the season

49. Can I use this tactic on my Liverpool save?

I think Carroll is so slow.

Do you think that I can use carroll as a striker?

Oh, but my carroll's acceleration is 13, and pace is 14

I wanna know!

50. hellroker's Avatar hellroker
    Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBidan View Post
    Can I use this tactic on my Liverpool save?

I think Carroll is so slow.

Do you think that I can use carroll as a striker?

Oh, but my carroll's acceleration is 13, and pace is 14

I wanna know!
    Not sure, someone tried this tactic with Pool and Carroll didnt do so well for him, so play Suarez maybE?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO