Like Tree3Likes

MajorMash's Pentagon Challenge
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1. MajorMash's Pentagon Challenge

Hi All!

So I am starting the Pentagon Challenge (The Pentegon Challenge) and thought that I would do updates once a season in the form of a story. So here goes!

Also: I will keep a record of trophies etc won in this top post:

Champions League:
    African Champions League!

League Titles:
    South African First Division - 1
    South African Premier Soccer League - 1

Trophies:
    First Division Cup - 1
    SA Cup - 1
    Super 8 Cup - 1

Season One:

MP Black Aces

League Table:
    MajorMash's Pentagon Challenge-league-table.png

Squad:
    MajorMash's Pentagon Challenge-squad.png

Transfers:
    MajorMash's Pentagon Challenge-transfers.png

Competitions:

South African First Division - 1st
    SA Cup - Semi Final
    First Division Cup - Winners!

League Player Stats:
    MajorMash's Pentagon Challenge-player-stats.png

All in all a great first season!! I am very happy to win the Double in my first season in charge!

Any hints or anything on what to add/remove to make it more interesting please leave below! Please remember i am trying to breeze through the seasons though, not spend ages on each season trying to write a full on story and report about each match. Thanks
    Last edited by MajorMash; 02/02/2012 at 01:58 AM.

2. Will be following

3. Season Two:

MP Black Aces

League Table:

Squad:

Transfers:

Competitions:

South African Premier Soccer League - 5th
    SA Cup - Quarter Final
    SA KO Cup - Quarter Final

League Player Stats:

Pretty Happy with my final standings for the 2012/2013 season, it leaves me in quite a good position to build upon due to the majority of my squad being quite young. Disappointed with the results in the cups, but nothing i can do now.

Currently in the off season, and i am debating between applying for other jobs that could be easier to get my reputation up, and allow me to manage "big" clubs, or staying at Black Aces and trying to win the African Championship League. What do you think?

4. Season Three:

MP Black Aces

League Table:

Squad:

Transfers:

Competitions:

South African Premier Soccer League - 1st!!!!
    SA Cup - Quarter Final
    SA KO Cup - Semi Final

League Player Stats:

CHAMPIONS!! Very happy with winning the league in my 3rd season! Now I can consolidate and try to win the league again, as well as attempting to win the champions league! And really begin my pentagon challenge!!

Hopefully the one thing I can improve heavily on next year is my cups, I always seem to be doing pretty poorly in these, which is quite annoying in terms of money and finances. Not that i need it, i am currently £2,000,000 in the green, but a bit more cash is always helpful, considering my wage budget is a paltry £19,500.

Time for the African Champions League! Does anyone know what kind of money you get from the African Champions League, in terms of TV Rights etc?
    mbaudrier likes this.

5. well done man how did u manage to win the prem so quick???

6. Quote Originally Posted by saulabbiss View Post
    well done man how did u manage to win the prem so quick???
    not sure exactly, I think i was quite lucky, I did end the seasoon with about 15-20 penalties!

You will notice a guy i sold for £550,000 Clifford Mulenga. I think he was the difference, allowed me to get off to an almost perfect start to the season! I had 7 of my draws, and both of my losses, after he was sold for his Release Clause. He had an average rating of 7.96, and he won the league assist count despite leaving in January!! 18 games, 18 assists, and 8 goals! Superstar!

I am almost certain I can thank him and him alone for me winning the league!

I played him as an AML, here are his stats: MajorMash's Pentagon Challenge-screen-shot-2011-12-03-11.57.05-am.png

7. Also:

does anyone know how to increase you average attendance?

my average attendance is 5000 for this season, at approximately 15% of my stadiums capacity of 35000..

Its not like i am not successful, i won the league last season, am currently second by goal difference in March, and teams like Sundowns and Orlando Pirates, who are 4th and 9th respectively, are averaging 98% stadium capacity!!

8. Quote Originally Posted by MajorMash View Post
    not sure exactly, I think i was quite lucky, I did end the seasoon with about 15-20 penalties!

You will notice a guy i sold for £550,000 Clifford Mulenga. I think he was the difference, allowed me to get off to an almost perfect start to the season! I had 7 of my draws, and both of my losses, after he was sold for his Release Clause. He had an average rating of 7.96, and he won the league assist count despite leaving in January!! 18 games, 18 assists, and 8 goals! Superstar!

I am almost certain I can thank him and him alone for me winning the league!

I played him as an AML, here are his stats: Attachment 207429
    he looks awesome i wont need to sign him though as i have now got a job in england welling :p in BSS and I decided not to take on the pentegon challange where the england leagues arent loaded as i am very good in the english lower leagues

9. Season Four:

MP Black Aces

League Table:
    MajorMash's Pentagon Challenge-screen-shot-2011-12-04-4.59.29-pm.png

Squad:

MajorMash's Pentagon Challenge-screen-shot-2011-12-04-4.30.05-pm.png

Transfers:
    MajorMash's Pentagon Challenge-screen-shot-2011-12-04-5.04.48-pm.png

Competitions:

South African Premier Soccer League - 2nd
    SA Cup - Winners!
    SA KO Cup - Quarter Finals
    Super 8 Cup - Semi Finals
    Champions League - In Progress - To be updated!

League Player Stats:

MajorMash's Pentagon Challenge-screen-shot-2011-12-04-5.04.11-pm.png

Stay tuned for an update listing my acheivements in the Champions League!!

An alright season, two more key players being sold due to a release clause both rather vital players as well!! Not to disappointed with my fourth season, but I do miss out on the Champions League next season.

More to come in a new update shortly!!

10. I'll follow this, going to take on the pentagon challenge myself soon
    MajorMash likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast