Like Tree5Likes

Wenger out, Dixon in - Arsenal's quest for a trophy...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

1. Wenger out, Dixon in - Arsenal's quest for a trophy...

After 10 seasons on my West ham save, Ive decided to start afresh. I, myself am a hammer, but my brother is a gooner, so decided on them. Her go's......

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	2803
Size:	235.7 KB
ID:	220179

Wenger out, Dixon in - Arsenal's quest for a trophy...-untitled.pngClick image for larger version

Views:	87
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	220156Click image for larger version

ID:	220156

ID:	220156

WENGER OUT, DIXON IN

In a surprise announcement from Ashburton Grove, Arsenal chairman told the press of the appointment of club legend Lee Dixon as the new man in charge at the Emirates. This follows the surprise sacking of fan's favourite Arsene Wenger this morning. Lee Dixon has had no managerial experience to date after handing up his boots in 2002 after the double winning season, but has stayed in football, becoming a pundit on MOTD. He has expressed his delight at being hired and hopes to spark a new era at the club. Can Dixon guide Arsenal to a trophy whilst keeping the free flowing football that the fans are accustomed too?

By Phil McNulty
    BBC SPORT
    Last edited by real social dad; 01/02/2012 at 01:42 AM.

2. Right, first things first, my coaching team.Ive sacked 5-6, and brought up my coaching from 3* to 4*. I'm not sure whether i should get rid of Pat Rice, and get steve round? I think ill stick with him till next year.

Name:	Arsenal (Squad_ Training).png
Views:	1101
Size:	525.4 KB
ID:	220158

As for transfers, I'm going to try and sell Arshavin, Song, Djourou, Almunia, Mannone and Chamakh. I've got a £11 mill offer for ashavin, and a £17 mill offer for song so far, and along with my £52 mill transfer budget, gives me a nice pot to bring player in. I have 4 area i want to strengthen;

A) DC - dont fancy either mertsaker or koscielny. Trying shawcross, otamendi or cahill
    B) DMC/MC - 2 from Rodwell, M'Vila, Badelj, Ayew, Hamsik, Kroos as i'm selling song.
    C) AML - Rodrigues, no question, hopefully for £8mill but maybe griezmann or hazard??
    D) FW - Not first team, but back up youth - Fierro and Erick Torres

Till next time...
    Last edited by real social dad; 01/02/2012 at 01:41 AM.

3. Click image for larger version

Views:	856
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	220320

Name:	Lee-Dixon-p6.jpeg
Views:	910
Size:	17.7 KB
ID:	220321

NEW ARSENAL MANAGERS SUMMER OF SPENDING

Lee Dixon certainly has not held back in his first month of management. Having succeeded Arsene Wenger, who was often criticised for not bringing in new players, Dixon has spend over £55 million pounds on players since the beginning of his reign. He has seen midfielders Jack Rodwell (Everton) and Andre Ayew (Marseille) join for a combined fee of around £27 million and Columbian James Rodrigues for aroun £8million. Stokes commanding centre back Ryan Shawcross has also made the move to the Emirates, for a reported fee of 12.75 million pounds. Today's announcement of the signing of Mexican U19 Erick Torres, brings the number of transfers to a lofty 7, and with an average age of just 21 Dixon has his eye's firmly set on the future of the club. There has also been some movement out of the club with the departure of Andrey Arshavin to Manchester city for 10 million pounds, and Alex Song move to Spanish super spenders Malaga for £17 million. With more signings rumoured, it will be interesting to see whether these signing will upset the squad harmony at the Emirates or if they guide Arsenal to their first trophy since 2005.

By Phil McNulty

Cheif Sports writer - BBC sport ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So there we have it; 7 signings, £59 million sp
    ent 3 departure - £30 million received. Here is a run down of the transfers:

Name:	James Rodríguez (Overview_ Attributes).png
Views:	1205
Size:	582.1 KB
ID:	220162 Click image for larger version

Name:	Arsenal (Transfers_ History).png
Views:	1608
Size:	513.1 KB
ID:	220161

All areas covered, with some great youth prosects. James Rodriques was a great signing on my previous games, and to catch him for so little makes him a great signing. Torres becomes world class, as does Vrsaljklo. Some might say i overpayed for Rodwell and Shawcross, but I like having an English spine, and
    both should become England regulars.I've got a good idea what my 1st team will be, but undesided over whether to start Gervinho or Walcott. I
    leaning towards Walcott at the moment.

Attachment 220164

I left my pre season to Pat Rice
    , and managed to win all convinsingly with an outstanding 6-0 victory over Tigres a highlight.I'm confident we can win at least 1 trophy, and launch a bid for the title. Blackburn away up first, which should not be too tricky.

Till next time...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wenger out, Dixon in - Arsenal's quest for a trophy...-arsenal-team-report_-squad-depth-.png  
    Last edited by real social dad; 01/02/2012 at 02:05 AM.

4. Interesting signings! This looks really nice, and you've really re-shaped the team, although I wouldn't have sold Song.

You probably dont like me doing this but, do you mind checking my story out?

I'm new here

5. Love the look of the team mate
    Rodwell, Ramsey and Wilshere will boss the midfield for years to come
    Good luck

6. Nice start!

Good idea bringing in Shawcross, Mertesacker is pathetic in my save... fortunately got Vermaelen and Koscielny working well together in mine.

Good luck and bring home a trophy for the Arsenal supporters!

7. January Update

After a rocky start, things have gone well up till now especially the Champions league. I finished top of a group containing Lyon, Ajax and APOEL with 5 wins and an away loss to Lyon. The Highlight was a 3-0 home win over Ajax where we had over 70% possession!! Here is a run down of the results;

Name:	cl.png
Views:	758
Size:	215.9 KB
ID:	220185

I’ve draw Marseille in the 1st round who should not be too tricky. On the domestic front, I’ve risen to 2nd in the league yet still remain inconsistent, with surprise losses to Norwich (2-1) at home and Wigan away(1-0). I have had some great results, including beating Man U, Spurs and Liverpool, 5-1 3-0 5-0 respectively all at home. The United result was fantastic, including 2 from Ramsey, and 1 from my new mystery signing - all will be revealed latter. Here is what the top 8 looks like;

Name:	table.png
Views:	748
Size:	227.4 KB
ID:	220187
    Man city have got it raped up 12 points clear, with only 1 loss to myself at the Etihad. The battle for 2nd should come down to the wire, but I’m quietly confident. As for the cups, I lost to Chelsea in the quarters of league cup and to City in the 4th round, both on penalties(city was a replay). Now for transfer and player news…..

-------------------------
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name:	times onlien.png
Views:	715
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	220316

Name:	van-persie-2012-latest-pictures-verysporty.jpg
Views:	829
Size:	26.6 KB
ID:	220200Click image for larger version

Name:	cavani.jpg
Views:	2785
Size:	430.2 KB
ID:	220199

Can Car-vani replaces the Reliant Robin at the Emirates?

There has been a flurry of activity today, which saw Robin Van Persie leave the club for Real Madrid with Edinson Cavani and Gary Cahill making big money moves to the Emirates. This morning, Lee Dixon revealed the departure of the Arsenal captain to the current Copa Del Rey holders for a fee believed to be in excess of £38 million pounds. Van Persie thanked the Arsenal fans for their support over the 8 years, via twitter, but revealed a move to Madrid was “too good to turn down” and playing for Los Merengues was “a childhood dream”. Not a moment had passed till Dixon called the press back in to unveil two new signings, Cavani and Cahill for a combined fee of £39 million. Dixon said these new signings would spur the side on for a serious title challenge. It will be interesting to see how these new signings fit in at Ashburton Grove and whether Cavani can emulate Van Persie heroics for the club.

By Ian Hawkey

The Times chief sports writer

------------------------------------------------------------------
    ------------------------------------------------

There you have it, Van Persie out, Cahill and Cavani in. I decided to sell Robin as his form had been poor over the season, with only 8 goals and an average rating of 6.93. At 28 his value was only going to deteriorate. Cavani is a top quality player and at £26 mill a bargain. His debut was not too bad either;

Name:  cavani.png
Views: 798
Size:  37.2 KB

I may have over paid for Cahill at £12.75 mill, but my defence has been a bit shaky and after selling koscielny, cahill was an obvious choice. He will partner either Shawcross or Vermealen at the back. Here is an overview of my transfers. Rodriguez has been my best signing so far, with 4 goals, 18 assists and an average rating of 7.43 in 28 games.

Name:	transfer.png
Views:	747
Size:	500.5 KB
ID:	220188

Ayew has been quite disappointing but i'm sure his form will pick up. Vrsaljko has been a revelation keeping Sagna out of the first team. My top performers overall have been Ramsey, who plays very well in the big games, Rodriguez and Walcott, who is my top scorer with 11 goals.

Name:	overview.png
Views:	683
Size:	138.0 KB
ID:	220189

Till next time………

NEXT UPDATE – End of May; did I win anything??
    Last edited by real social dad; 01/02/2012 at 01:54 AM.

8. Click image for larger version

Views:	646
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	220318

Premier League wrapped up for Arsenal in 6-0 demolition over Q.P.R

On a sunny afternoon at the Emirates, 2nd place Arsenal thumped relegated QPR scoring 6 unanswered goals. A brace from Edinson Cavani helped Arsenal on there way, which included a first Arsenal goal for talented right back Sime Vrsaljko. After the match, the Gunners manager reflected on his first season at Arsenal with Dan Walker;

Views:	688
Size:	202.6 KB
ID:	220306

Dan Walker: So Lee, a great performance to finish the season, how did your rate it?
    Dixon: Well, It was a fantastic effort by the guys to cement second, and puts a spring in our step going into the off season
    Dan Walker
    : This is the end of your first year in management, has it been as expected when you took over?
    Dixon: It's been much tougher than expected with a few sleepless nights and not too much time to play with the kids, but i look forward to the holidays and the challenges next season will present.
    Dan Walker: Yet another trophy less season for Arsenal, but how did you rate your season on a hole?
    Dixon: It was a huge dissapointment not to win something this season, but i thought we played very well in the league and will look to push on next seaso for that allusive trophy
    Dan Walker: Have a nice summer Lee
    Dixon
    : Cheers

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is an overview of the season since January; League 2nd to City who only clinched it after 37 games, where i lost 1-0 to Norwich, another shock defeat. I had two big games against City and Chelsea both at home, but could only draw them in games i should have one but you can't cry over spilt milk. Here's the table;

Name:	Untitledss.png
Views:	706
Size:	502.2 KB
ID:	220314

As for the champions league, beat Marseille 3-0 on aggregate and drew Napoli which should have been easy but could not score, loosing 2-0 away in the second leg, leading to a 2-0 aggregate defeat. So no trophy, but a lot of positives going into next season.

I had 4 main star performers i would like to pick out over the course of the season;

1) Cavani - wow, what a player need i say more. came 3rd in top goalscorer, despite only playing half the matches Dzeko, who won with 29 in 37.

Name:	Untitledsaddsad.png
Views:	662
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	220313
    2) Walcott - played well on the right winning Players' Player of the year for the league

Name:	wal.png
Views:	646
Size:	106.3 KB
ID:	220311
    3) Rodwell - Did very well as my DMC, covering my often shaky back 4.

Name:	rodreal.png
Views:	628
Size:	101.6 KB
ID:	220310
    4) Rodriguez - world class on the right, best signing of the year, and 2nd highest rating in league Click image for larger version

Name:	rod.png
Views:	622
Size:	103.1 KB
ID:	220312

I've been given a budget of £39 mill, and with Park and Bendtner leaving, a big signing is likely, hopefully this guy.....................

Name:	mario_gotze_15082011.jpg
Views:	1130
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	220315

I live in hope!!

Till next season...
    Last edited by real social dad; 01/02/2012 at 02:00 AM.
    Calum likes this.

9. Very Nice

10. well done good start hope you get a trophy next year

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast