View Poll Results: Who should play upfront for Liverpool until Suárez returns?

Voters
13. This poll is closed
  • Dirk Kuyt

1 7.69%
  • Andy Carroll

7 53.85%
  • Craig Bellamy

5 38.46%
Like Tree3Likes

On the Fields of Anfield Road - A Liverpool Story
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

1. On the Fields of Anfield Road - A Liverpool Story

Name:  676.png
Views: 896
Size:  42.7 KB

30th June 2011

Click image for larger version

Name:	SSN Logo.jpg
Views:	1373
Size:	8.8 KB
ID:	229372

Breaking news from Anfield as a statement released by Liverpool Football Club says that legend Kenny Dalglish has resigned from the managerial role due to family reasons. Dalglish had only been in charge for half a season after taking over from Roy Hodson back in January, he will be remembered for his transfer window activities in which he sold Fernando Torres for £50m to Chelsea and signing striker Andy Carrol for a British transfer fee of £35m from Newcastle and controversial Uruguayan striker Luis Suárez for £22.8m from Ajax.

5th July 2011

More breaking news from Anfield as the Liverpool board have revealed Kenny Dalglish’s successor as Alan Marshall, a life long fan of the club who has no experience of being a manager but has had spells at Tranmere, Charlton, Leeds and West Ham as part of the backroom staff. This will obviously be a tough challenge for Marshall and in the press conference at Melwood he said “This is a total shock to me, I have always dreamed of playing for Liverpool when I was a lad but I would of never have thought I’d be sitting here right now as the manager. I know this will also be a shock for the fans too but all I ask for is that they have faith in me and that they give me time to get settled in and hopefully I can bring some silverware back to the club in the coming years.” Shortly after the announcement, Liverpool players Lucas and Glen Johnson took to the social networking site Twitter to welcome the new manager to club [@LucasLeiva87: I would like to take this opportunity to welcome the new manager to Liverpool, hopefully there are many happy times to come] [@glen_johnson: I’m sad to see Kenny leave but I have all faith in Marshall leading us to glory this season]. It is rumoured that Marshall has signed an initial one year contract with the option of a three year extension based on the upcoming season’s performance.

25th July 2011

LIVERPOOL CAPTURE MEXICAN DUO!

Liverpool today confirmed the capture of highly rated Mexican duo Carlos Fierro and Erick Torres from Chivas. The fee for Torres is reported to be around the £5m mark, the fee for Fierro however is undisclosed. In an interview for the Liverpool Echo, manager Alan Marshall had this to say over the transfers “I am glad to have signed Erick and Carlos but they will not arrive at the club until next season, myself and Damien (Comolli) have had the players scouted for a few weeks now and decided we should take action before another team beats us to their signatures. The reason we have decided not to bring the pair to the club until next season is because they are playing regularly for Chivas and they can continue to grow in Mexico until they make the switch to Merseyside.”

Name:  Torres and Fierro.jpg
Views: 3959
Size:  112.2 KB
    Erick Torres and Carlos Fierro playing for Chivas

14th August 2011

Name:  BPL Badge.GIF
Views: 874
Size:  7.9 KB

Liverpool 2-0 Sunderland
    (Suárez x2)

Liverpool turned in a dominant performance on their opening fixture of the new season with a 2-0 win over Sunderland at Anfield today. The Reds controlled the first half putting together slick passes and creating plenty of scoring chances but Sunderland keeper Simon Mingolet was equal to everything. In the second half Luis Suárez opened the scoring in the 63rd minute tucking away a Dirk Kuyt cross from the right wing, Suárez then completed the scoring in stoppage time as he latched onto a Steven Gerrard pass to round the keeper and slot into an empty net.

Name:	suarez.jpg
Views:	1298
Size:	194.4 KB
ID:	229383
    Suárez celebrating his first against Sunderland

20th August 2011

Arsenal 1-3 Liverpool
    (Kuyt, Suárez x2)

Liverpool played Arsenal at their own game as they put in a brilliant counter attacking display at the Emirates today. Dirk Kuyt opened the scoring on 8 minutes when he scored a point blank header from a Steven Gerrard corner, Luis Suárez added a second in the 15th minute as he picked off a poor pass by Aaron Ramsey to continue unopposed into the box which he then confidently slotted the ball past the keeper. Arsenal captain Robin Van Persie pulled one back for the London club with a great strike from outside the area. That goal turned out to only be a consolation as Luis Suarez scored his second of the game in the 38th minute, dribbling past two Arsenal Defenders before he smashed the ball into the back of the net.

Name:  kuyt.jpg
Views: 1253
Size:  31.8 KB
    Dirk Kuyt celebrating the opener for Liverpool

24th August 2011

Name:	Carling Cup Badge.jpg
Views:	932
Size:	16.0 KB
ID:	229385

Liverpool 6-1 Aldershot
    (Bellamy, Coates, Carroll, Kuyt x2, Maxi)

Liverpool decided to rest their first team stars, which gave them the opportunity to field their second team players in order to give them some minutes under their belts. Craig Bellamy scored an 11th minute opener in his first start for Liverpool since he returned on a free transfer from Manchester City. Sebastian Coates scored his first for the club and Liverpool’s second on 17 minutes from a Maxi corner. Andy Carroll scored the third three minutes before half time with a thumping left footed striker from 12 yards out. Second half substitute Dirk Kuyt carried on his good form by scoring Liverpool’s 4th and 5th goal, Maxi creator turned goal scorer completed the rout on the 88th minute with a well placed shot. Alex Rodman scored Aldershot’s only goal of the game in the 77th minute.

Name:  carroll.jpg
Views: 955
Size:  25.1 KB
    Andy Carroll celebrating his first goal of the season with Jay Spearing

27th August 2011

Liverpool 2-0 Bolton
    (Kuyt x2)

Liverpool completed a perfect month in the Barclays Premier League with a 2-0 over Bolton at Anfield. Dirk Kuyt who has been in brilliant form with goals against Arsenal and Aldershot already this month scored his and Liverpool’s first of the game on 31 minutes with a tidy finish from 10 yards out, Kuyt then scored his second in first half stoppage time with a thumping header from a Charlie Adam corner. Liverpool find themselves top of the table on 9 points with Newcastle closely following in 2nd by goal difference and Chelsea completing the top 3.

Name:  kuyt1.jpg
Views: 901
Size:  35.9 KB
    Dirk Kuyt just after scoring his second against Bolton

2. AlanM92's Avatar AlanM92
    Liverpool Rotation
    Alright Fellas, this is my first go at creating a story. I thought i'd give it a go as I've read many great ones andI wanted to get in on the action. I like to keep everything short, sweet and to the point so people don't get bored of reading haha but I'd love your to hear yourfeedback whether it's good or bad on how I could improve on things involving content and pictures and stuff along those lines.

-Cheers, Alan.
    Last edited by AlanM92; 12/03/2012 at 01:07 AM.

3. Liverpoool!! Keep it up mate, i will be following

4. good start tbh. just enough back story without it becoming totally irrelevant which is a nice change. keep it straight to the point but post a few screenies of transfers etc.

5. AlanM92's Avatar AlanM92
    Liverpool Rotation
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorMash View Post
    Liverpoool!! Keep it up mate, i will be following
    Thanks mate, appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by carrott24 View Post
    good start tbh. just enough back story without it becoming totally irrelevant which is a nice change. keep it straight to the point but post a few screenies of transfers etc.
    Thanks for the feedback, will be posting screenshots of transfers and stuff just that I haven't made any major transfers in this window so there was no point. Although I did sell Brad Jones to Fulham for £500k haha

6. On the Fields of Anfield Road - A Liverpool Story

10th September 2011

Views: 799

Stoke 0-2 Liverpool
    (Suárez, Skrtel)

The scoreline might suggest an easy win for Liverpool but in truth it was a scrappy affair at the Britannia Stadium today. Both teams looked uncomfortable on the ball and there were incomplete passes all over the pitch and no team looked like scoring until Luis Suárez broke the deadlock in the 41st minute after getting on the end of Gerrard’s through ball to coolly take the ball around Asmir Begovic to tap into an empty net. The second half was a repeat of the first with both teams being unable to break each other down, but Gerrard was on hand again as his corner was glanced in near post by the head of Martin Skrtel on the 80 minute mark who had surely put the game beyond Stoke.

Name:  Martin-Skrtel.jpg
Views: 939
Size:  25.5 KB
    Martin Skrtel picked up the MoM award with a solid display

17th September 2011

Tottenham 3-1 Liverpool
    (Downing)

Liverpool were brought back down to Earth after suffering a heavy defeat by Tottenham at White Hart Lane. Welsh winger Gareth Bale opened the scoring on 20 minutes after he converted an Aaron Lennon cross. Things turned from bad to worse in the 41st minute when Luis Suárez came off injured, which forced manager Alan Marshall to bring Maxi on in his place and push Kuyt up top. Three minutes before half time England winger Stuart Downing poked the ball home at the back stick to score his first goal of the season and also level the game. Tottenham thought they had taken the lead on 56 minutes when Gareth Bale thought he had scored his second of the game, but it was immediately ruled out by referee Neil Swarbrick. Liverpool were let off again after Aaron Lennon’s strike on 60 minutes was ruled out for offside, it wouldn’t bother the England international too much as he swept the ball home in the 66th minute to give Tottenham the lead. Jermaine Defoe completed the scoring on 77 minutes with a well placed shot.

Name:	lennon.jpg
Views:	964
Size:	141.6 KB
ID:	229641
    Aaron Lennon gave Liverpool the run around all game and deserved his goal

19th September 2011

Views:	852
ID:	229642

LUIS SUÁREZ OUT FOR SIX WEEKS!

Liverpool’s Uruguayan striker and top goal scorer Luis Suárez is set to miss the next six weeks due to a fractured wrist which he picked up at the weekend against Tottenham when he awkwardly fell after challenging for a header. With the Merseyside and North-West derby coming in the next few weeks for Liverpool the question is how are they going to cope without the Uruguay international? The clubs obvious choice is to put Dutch international Dirk Kuyt upfront after his great form in August scoring 4 goals in 5 games, but the fans are calling to manager Alan Marshall to give towering striker Andy Carroll a chance but their is also Craig Bellamy who can play in the position. What do you guys at home think, tweet us your thoughts @SkySportsNews or write to us on our Facebook page.

[@luis16suarez: Gutted to be out with my injury, also sad about missing both the Everton and Manchester games. I am determined to come back and continue scoring goals for the club.]

21st September 2011

Name:	Carling Cup Badge.jpg
Views:	981
Size:	16.0 KB
ID:	229643

Liverpool 3-0 Cardiff
    (Skrtel, Gerrard, Carroll)

Liverpool bounced back from the defeat at Tottenham with a convincing 3-0 win over Cardiff in the Carling Cup third round. Liverpool had a number of chances but Cardiff keeper Tom Heaton was equal to everything the Merseyside club threw at him. Eventually Martin Skrtel opened the scoring in the 41st minute after heading home a Steven Gerrard corner, the floodgates had seemed to open as Gerrard stuck a fierce effort into the top corner from outside the area in stoppage time at the end of the first half. In the 60th minute Aron Gunnarsson had the chance to pull one back from the spot when Daniel Agger brought down Craig Conway in the box, it was a tame penalty and Pepe Reina kept the spot kick out which was hit to his right hand side. Substitute Andy Carroll answered manager Alan Marshall’s call for somebody to step up and fill the void upfront left by Luis Suárez as he completed the scoring after he lashed the ball home from 5 yards out in the 71st minute.

Name:	reina.jpg
Views:	1895
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	229644
    Pepe Reina celebrating his fourth clean sheet of the season

24th September 2011

Liverpool 1-0 Wolves
    (Carroll)

Liverpool made things hard for themselves in the Premier League with a less than impressive performance against Wolves at Anfield today. The Reds had controlled the game with 66% of the possession but failed to make Wolves pay for their dominance with 8 of their 12 shots being outside of the 18 yard box and that was pretty much the story of the first half. Alan Marshall’s words at half time must have worked as the Liverpool players looked to have stepped up their game when just three minutes into the half Andy Carroll found the ball at his feet 12 yards out, the England international used his strength to hold of the Wolves defenders as he hit a rasping shot which went right through the arms of diving keeper Wayne Hennessey. Wolves then done everything to make sure the score stayed at 1-0 when they put 10 men behind the ball for the rest of the game. Liverpool keeper Pepe Reina could have stayed at home as the Wolves attacking players only managed one shot on target which he saved with ease. With that win Liverpool still occupy top spot in the table with a 2 point gap between them and other title contenders Chelsea.

Name:	AC.jpg
Views:	886
Size:	23.5 KB
ID:	229645
    Liverpool's saviour Andy Carroll celebrating the only goal of the game

7. Poppa_ChesterCityFC's Avatar Poppa_ChesterCityFC
    Chester FC & APOEL Star Player
    Good start there pal, I'll follow.

8. AlanM92's Avatar AlanM92
    Liverpool Rotation
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppa_ChesterCityFC View Post