First of all, I would like to state that this is an edit of the fantastic "Grid System Tactics" tactic made by the now 'retired' author Tactikzz. I'd also like to thank Medmax massively, he has contributed INCREDIBLY to the development of this tactic and deserves his own crediting in the OP (Look at his results below). Also massive credit to W4NKER and cragswfc (goals goals goals and more goals) who found weaknesses in the match engine. The main reason I decided to edit the grid system tactic was that it already contained most of the exploits within the tactic. Here is the List of Match Engine Exploits if you'd like to see for yourself. This is a "classic" tactic.
This 4-1-2-3 formation with 3 central strikers is part of the list of exploits and it works because the two wider strikers man mark the full backs and the central defenders can't handle so many strikers.
The Corner Exploit
The infamous corner tactic has been included in this tactic, basically your central striker will score 20+ goals a season just from corners especially if his Anticipation, Heading and Jumping attributes are good. Although this is not vital to the tactic, I recommend you leave the corner settings how they are but if you prefer more realism or are just plain against the corner exploit, feel free to remove it.
1) Your central striker, with the help of the striker settings on 'goals goals goals and more goals' by craigswfc, will be your main source of goals, he can score up to 130 goals in a single season. Important attributes in order are Off the Ball, Pace, Finishing (Obviously), Dribbling, Composure, Anticipation, Jumping, Heading. There is no striker with great scores in all of those attributes so prioritise the earlier attributes that I have given.
2) Do not change the wide strikers to wingers, this completely destroys one of the main elements of this tactic, try to train the wingers to strikers or just sell them if they aren't great. This is the only problem with this tactic.
3) Your central midfielders will need good mental attributes in Creativity, Teamwork and Work Rate. Bravery is also important. They will need good Passing and Technique and as a bonus Long Shots. Even Henderson plays well in this role!
4) If the opposition instructions aren't already on then make sure the 2 wide midfielders are on "Show to Weaker Foot", nothing else.
5) Match Preparation: Teamwork - Very High until fluid then Defensive Positioning - Average
Pitch size: Standard, although it doesn't make much difference.
6) Defenders, especially full backs will need Pace, particularly if you don't have a good attack. Anticipation, concentration and positioning for centre backs.
7) I recommend you use this ParkThePlane 4-3-1-2 v2 - Downloads - Football Manager 2012 Tactics, Wonderkids & Cheats tactic as a backup to my one. It's very defensive and useful if you're playing big teams or when you want to see out a game. Use this if you concede a lot.
8) Before you start go to 'Tactics' and then 'Set Pieces' and both of your CMs to where it says "Playmaker" and your middle striker to where it says "Target Man".
9) For version 2, do the following: Player Instructions/Select the Wide Strikers/Set marking to specific and set them like so: STCR-DL and STCR-DR. It may already be set for you.
Version 1 link: *V1* Match Engine Exploiter by Hazza22299 - Downloads - Football Manager 2012 Tactics, Wonderkids & Cheats
Version 2 link: *V2* Match Engine Exploiter by Hazza22299 - Downloads - Football Manager 2012 Tactics, Wonderkids & Cheats
There has been a lot of confusion with the wide striker player instructions. I have reviewed and edited them. The changes are in version 2. Re-download the version 2 link for the changes.If the tactic is fine and you're not conceding many goals then untick marking on the wide strikers. (For version 2).
I use a training schedule called "Furious Training", it can be found on the Sports Interactive Forums: http://community.sigames.com/showthr...aining+furious.
Pre-Match: Against every single opponent : Aggressive- I expect a win
No individual team talk to any player regardless of whether they react negatively or are unresponsive
Half time: Unless 5+ goals clear (5-0/6-1/8-3) then select Aggressive---> Not happy with performance
If you are 5+ goals clear then select assistant to take the team talk
If a player with a half time rating above 7.2 reacts negatively or is unresponsive then passionately tell him you are happy with his performance
If a player with a half time rating below 7.2 reacts negatively or is unresponsive then passionately tell him that you have faith in him
Full time: Win: Passionately Well done/Happy with performance
Draw/Lose: Aggressively: Not happy with performance*Team meetings as soon as you lose a game or draw having played badly in order to stop a negative run of results.
I would be very grateful for any feedback so please rate and leave a comment/post some screenshots if it has helped you, thanks!
Credit to Medmax for this result. 106 goals in 53 games...