Jovetic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1. Jovetic

Did anyone buy him? In 4 games, as a DLP attack he hasnt scored at all, kind of a flop haha.... am I playing him wrong or what?

2. 4 games? - give him time to settle, not every player comes in a make an impact right away. + Hes a young fella

3. Yeah haha, heat of the moment really

4. Yeah, I bought him near enough straight away, started him in one game, kept getting messages from Steve Bould about him not having the best game of his career and not hitting his shots on target, took him off and haven't played him since. Maybe I should give him more of a chance to blend in too.

5. hes a beast. 32 goals in his first season, 21 in his second (got injured) and 53 in the third

6. i played him DLP support, he's amazing, but he was next to cavani, if he's a loan forward then play as advanced or a poacher or something.

7. Liverpool FC., Follow Sheffield United, Sunderland, Barca and Matty Burrows First Team
    I'm thinking of selling Suarez (hate him in real life, even though I'm a Liverpool fan) for £30 Million. Would this guy be an eligible replacement? £10 Million less, around £15k/w less too.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Lawton10 View Post
    I'm thinking of selling Suarez (hate him in real life, even though I'm a Liverpool fan) for £30 Million. Would this guy be an eligible replacement? £10 Million less, around £15k/w less too.
    I play them both at Liverpool with Borini rotating around, Suarez is a little better on the ball but Jovetic does score his chances more often I find.

9. Liverpool FC., Follow Sheffield United, Sunderland, Barca and Matty Burrows First Team
    Quote Originally Posted by TJD07 View Post
    I play them both at Liverpool with Borini rotating around, Suarez is a little better on the ball but Jovetic does score his chances more often I find.
    Reading into the scout report a bit, Jovetic's main specific strength is his consistency. That's his main selling point really.

I really just don't like Suarez. IRL and in FM12. Yeah, he scored a lot but he got tonnes of bookings from diving and all that lark.
    I have Ademilson, Wellington Nem, Borini and Pacheco (who is surprisingly decent) to rotate with as well, so it's not like I'd be short on strikers.

10. Got him in January 2014 with Arsenal. I intended to use the second half of that season just to acclimate him into the squad, rather than rely on him straight away (and we were doing well enough without him). He didn't supplant Llorente at striker, but he played brilliantly as an Inside Forward on the left wing, well enough to keep both Schurrle and Podolski out of the lineup for most of the stretch run towards the title.

He's become nearly undroppable, but not quite as much as Llorente, who has been performing miracles for me. I'm just going to rotate Jovetic between AML, AMC, and backup striker until Llorente's best days are behind him, at which point Jovetic will inherit his position full-time.

In short, I love having him. The 18.5M I paid for him seems more of a joke with every match.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast