Like Tree1Likes

CB for Liverpool
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

1. CB for Liverpool

In my first season (january) with Liverpool, and although Agger, Skrtel and Coates are all fairly good, I'm looking to sell Skrtel and get a world class defender. I tried Hummels, and considering Dortmund was interested in Skrtel it seemed too good to be true - which it was. He wasn't interested in discussing a contract.

I've looked into other possibilities, such as Papadopoulos, Varane and Zouma, but I can't decide. Zouma is obviously a beast according to other threads here, but by selling Skrtel I would have only Agger as an experienced defender. I'd prefer getting a defender who's already top class and could go right into the starting eleven. Also, considering I play a very offensive tactic with a high defensive line, someone with decent pace would be preferred.

2. Get Papadopoulos then?

3. It's a possibility, but I gotta say that 10 in both concentration and decisions is a bit worrying. Makes me wonder if he won't make alot of mistakes?

David Luiz

5. Quote Originally Posted by mersk View Post
    In my first season (january) with Liverpool, and although Agger, Skrtel and Coates are all fairly good, I'm looking to sell Skrtel and get a world class defender. I tried Hummels, and considering Dortmund was interested in Skrtel it seemed too good to be true - which it was. He wasn't interested in discussing a contract.

I've looked into other possibilities, such as Papadopoulos, Varane and Zouma, but I can't decide. Zouma is obviously a beast according to other threads here, but by selling Skrtel I would have only Agger as an experienced defender. I'd prefer getting a defender who's already top class and could go right into the starting eleven. Also, considering I play a very offensive tactic with a high defensive line, someone with decent pace would be preferred.
    Zouma has 16 pace and acceleration on my game 3rd season with liverpool, you may have a point about throwing him in there first season and i cant imagine you being able to free up the funds to get him yet, IMO keep skrtel for this year (as he is just below world class in terms of game stats) and sell maybe after the season or next and get Zouma, Papa would be great to bring in but the same thing as he really needs games to start blossoming which he will get at schalke, i bought him at the start of the 3rd season for 13.5 he usually gets unhappy after a season or two and you can get him for around his value.

6. Quote Originally Posted by mental man View Post
    Zouma has 16 pace and acceleration on my game 3rd season with liverpool, you may have a point about throwing him in there first season and i cant imagine you being able to free up the funds to get him yet, IMO keep skrtel for this year (as he is just below world class in terms of game stats) and sell maybe after the season or next and get Zouma, Papa would be great to bring in but the same thing as he really needs games to start blossoming which he will get at schalke, i bought him at the start of the 3rd season for 13.5 he usually gets unhappy after a season or two and you can get him for around his value.
    Thanks for the reply. You're probably right, it might be best to keep Skrtel at least until the summer, and if I win the PL that should help me attract higher profile players too. I don't know if I have enough to buy Zouma now, I have about £11m on transfer budget + 300k p/w free on wage budget. I read somewhere he usually costs more than Andy Carroll did IRL, and if he does I'll definitely have to wait. But yeah, most likely I'll end up waiting until july, I got a feeling I'll be getting a nice transfer budget then.

7. Quote Originally Posted by wonderkid360 View Post
    David Luiz
    Hehe, a bit too low on composure, concentration, decisions and positioning for my likings. Plus I got a feeling Chelsea won't let him go cheaply!

Nicolas N'koulou then?Dede?Otamendi?Moreno?Shawcross?Musacchio?

9. Quote Originally Posted by wonderkid360 View Post
    Nicolas N'koulou then?Dede?Otamendi?Moreno?Shawcross?Musacchio?
    Nkoulou is a possibility, thanks for the tip. None of the others you mention are much better than Skrtel, and Shawcross I genuinely dislike IRL

10. Quote Originally Posted by mersk View Post
    Thanks for the reply. You're probably right, it might be best to keep Skrtel at least until the summer, and if I win the PL that should help me attract higher profile players too. I don't know if I have enough to buy Zouma now, I have about £11m on transfer budget + 300k p/w free on wage budget. I read somewhere he usually costs more than Andy Carroll did IRL, and if he does I'll definitely have to wait. But yeah, most likely I'll end up waiting until july, I got a feeling I'll be getting a nice transfer budget then.
    I won with Liverpool my first season and the board game me around 40m iirc. and yeah a usual price for him is around 30m. as soon as the season begins to wrap up i would start trying to unsettle him. wages shouldn't be a problem and after you sell some players the 30m might be half? of your budget or so.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast