Wide Midfielders - 2nd Season

1. Wide Midfielders - 2nd Season

I've just been promoted with Crystal Palace and it's Summer 2013. I'm planning on playing a rigid 4-4-2 and I think I'm going to need hard-workers in the midfield. I signed Simao from Shandong for £85k and Ademilson (shock) but I'm in need of natural wide-midfielders in particular. I'm looking at Dejan Skolnik for around £1m, looks a bargain with high work-rate and reasonable technical stats.

Can anyone think of fairly cheap wide-midfielders (NOT WINGERS) that are team-players? Also, a cheap right-back would be useful, Peruzzi was my first choice before, but his work permit was turned down and I've since realised I need the funds elsewhere. Cheers!

2. Seb Larsson should be cheap but I cant think of any other wide midfielders (I only know Seb is cos I've got a Sunderland save).

3. Chris brunt?

4. Maybe marc albrighton? very good crossing, which is vital as most goals comes from crosses these days

5. Cheers for the suggestions guys, Larsson looks to be a touch too expensive, about £4m, while Brunt and Albrighton both moved during the first season so I don't think I'll be able to get either. I might go for Nathan Redmond, he's naturally a right midfielder, and although he's not too hardworking, with Skolnik on the other wing I might be able to afford myself the luxury of a flair player who can add something on the counter.

6. Quote Originally Posted by iDood View Post
    Cheers for the suggestions guys, Larsson looks to be a touch too expensive, about £4m, while Brunt and Albrighton both moved during the first season so I don't think I'll be able to get either. I might go for Nathan Redmond, he's naturally a right midfielder, and although he's not too hardworking, with Skolnik on the other wing I might be able to afford myself the luxury of a flair player who can add something on the counter.
    Nathan Redmond is a beast. Got him for Liverpool first season and actually carried the team at times. I'd bring him on last half hour and he'd get 2 goals and 2 assists

+ Reply to Thread