After last years success (...) The Great San Marino Challenge is back for 2013!- LLM Treble: win Serie C1, Serie C Cup and Serie C Super Cup in one season
Always had a soft spot for this classic challenge since the older versions of the game, credit to fellow San Marino specialist and fm-baser Ubernisation for inspiring - obsessing? - me again in FM11 with his amazing story
The challenge: take control of San Marino - the club - competing in Italian Serie C1 (3rd tier) and lead them all the way to Serie A championship and continental success. At the same time your goal is to take San Marino - the national team - from being virtually the worst member amongst FIFA affiliated teams to become a respectable football country, and eventually contend for major international tournaments.
Things will look like this at the start of the game:
The key part of this challenge is using the club's progress to improve the quality of the national team. Improve training & youth facilities, expand recruitment network, hire quality staff, climb up the leagues and build an international reputation: do as much as you can in order to produce a new generation of local talent and dramatically improve the atrocious standard of Sammarinese footballers.
Of course San Marino the club needs money to get things started and help San Marino the country, and trust me you're not getting those $$$ as long as you're stuck in the Italian lower leagues. Needless to say first thing on your to-do list is to escape from Serie C misery and reach Serie A as soon as possible to get that vital cash from league, sponsorships, TV deals etc
Long story short: the future of the whole country depends on you and your club!
Obviously this is an open challenge without limits of time or specific goals to achieve, it does require some kind of long term commitment though. You're welcome to post your progress with both club and/or country, results, players, unusual screens, signings, tactics, best eleven, promising prospects from your academy etc. Whatever you like!
Returning from last year are the Great San Marino Mini-Challenges. I had accomplished most of them in FM12, and actually that guy Choices went on to achieve the legendary SM Double - respect! No points awarded or rankings this is just for fun, anyway those who complete at least one of the "extras" with the club AND one with the country will be inducted to the San Marino Hall of Fame which will be added in OP
- Giant Killer: beat a Serie A team in the Italian Cup while playing in a lower division
- Straight A's: back to back promotions to Serie A
- Lower Leagues Legend/Enzo Scorza Award: win Top Scorer of Serie C1 and Serie B with the same player
- Goal Machine: win Top Scorer of Serie C1, Serie B and Serie A with the same player
- Local Hero: have a Sammarinese player winning Fans Player Of The Year
- Local Superhero: have a Sammarinese player winning an international award (Golden Ball or World POY)
- Local Legend: have a Sammarinese player becoming a Legend for the club
- Cantera Policy: avoid relegation from Serie A playing only Sammarinese players (dual nationality allowed)
- Cantera Dream: win Serie A or a continental competition playing only Sammarinese players
Country:- First Time Ever: win a competitive match for the first time in San Marino history (EURO or World Cup qualifier)
- The Big Upset: win a match against a Top 50 national team within 5 years (competitive or friendly)
- Beat The King: beat Andy Selva's AMAZING record of 8 international goals
- Top 100: climb FIFA rankings to become a top 100 NT within 10 years
- Major Honour: qualify for a major international tournament (EURO or World Cup)
- Titanic Effort: win a major international tournament (EURO or World Cup)
- World Domination: win EURO, World Cup and Confederations Cup
- Youth Challenge: take over the youth teams and win EURO U19, World Cup U20, EURO U21, Toulon Youth Festival and the Olympics
and of course
The Great San Marino Double: win FIFA Club World Cup with the club and World Cup with the national team
RULES & INSTRUCTIONS
You need to load all players of San Marino nationality at the start of the game, otherwise the NT won't be available (before starting: database size > custom > add all players from SAN MARINO and please don't ask this again )
You can start the challenge as club manager, NT manager or both.
Do not use external database, genie scout, FMRTE or any other editor. Not only this goes against the spirit of the challenge, it simply makes it meaningless. Also do not manage multiple clubs at the same time, as this would give you an unfair advantage with transfers, scouting, knowledge etc. The only exception allowed would be managing a Sammarinese club and using a custom database with Sammarinese League, as this is very much in the spirit of the challenge.
Obviously this is your game and you can play the way you like but please respect these simple rules if you want to join this particular challenge.
CAMPIONATO SAMMARINESE by sammyt
For those who want to try the infamous San Marino Triple or just have a taste of the SM local league, you can download the mighty Campionato Sammarinese here: http://www.mediafire.com/?e5hdgdw3mb5ab8q all credit to sammyt
Hope to see your progress soon, good luck to all my fellow Titani managers and remember: it IS possible!