Like Tree8Likes

The Pentagon Challenge
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1. The Pentagon Challenge

The Pentagon Challenge

What is it?

What is The Pentagon? Well its this, you start unemployed with a Sunday League reputation and you try to win all five continental Champions Leagues(European Champions League, South American Champions League, Asian Champions League, African Champions League and North American Champions League) in one save game.

Once you win all five your status will be cemented as some sort of FM God after you upload your save game, we don't want any cheaters you see. No point in cheating is there really lads as it is just a game =]

How do I take part?

Simply create a Career using the rules stated above and your rolling. You can use this thread to ask any questions or to just keep people updated with how you are doing.

Additional Info

There are three other elements to The Pentagon that you can add if you want.

Sustainable Management - You keep things financially realistic. Only spending what you have, living within your means, not spending huge, unrealistic amounts. If you want added spice you can try and make a profit on transfers every season.
    2. Nationalistic Management - You sign no foreigners. So if you're in Russia you only sign Russians, if you're in Brazil you only sign Brazilians, etc
    3. APLA - Anti Premier League Alliance You don't load England in your game. You totally avoid it. Only real men don't load England.
    To make the challenge a little bit spicy you could even add a "no resign" clause: you can change team only if...
    • You win the Champions' league
    • You get sacked
    So you can't choose to change team just because you feel it's not good enough for you.

Credit given to ale85bg for rule number 4 =]

Good luck everyone and you can follow my own personal attempt at this monumental challenge here :
    Taking On The Pentagon Challenge
    Last edited by Sam91; 16/11/2012 at 05:32 PM.

2. Really wanna take part this year, Never really had a go at this in other FM's. Can someone tell what what leagues are best to load up. Think im going to add no.2 Nationalistic Management & no.3 APLA

So yeah, can someone tell what leagues are best to load up!

3. usa, south africa are the best for africa and america
    brazil argentina for south america, probably korean league for asia,
    for europe, it is usually by choice, because there are so many different clubs which you could do well at
    so that depends how you manage

this is just my preference though
    i will also be taking part in this

Should we upload screenies here?
    Or should we start something else ?

4. Quote Originally Posted by Bradlad9 View Post
    usa, south africa are the best for africa and america
    brazil argentina for south america, probably korean league for asia,
    for europe, it is usually by choice, because there are so many different clubs which you could do well at
    so that depends how you manage

this is just my preference though
    i will also be taking part in this

Should we upload screenies here?
    Or should we start something else ?
    Upload screenies on here man, just so everyone can share how well they're doing ect.

5. might do this as well, had a go on FM 2012 but the game crased before i could get started.

Leauges to Load up:

South Africa - Africa
    England - Europe
    Brazil - South America
    China - Asia

6. and the USA

7. Geezar10
    Reserve
    I wouldn't go for China personally and Argentina can prove deadly in South America. South Korea are probably the best option for Asia or Australia.

8. Interesting views lads keep them coming, anyone else currently got a save going??

9. Geezar10
    Reserve
    Started one up but was too slow as I loaded up almost every team on the game so I'm restarting now with 7 or 8 leagues

10. Quote Originally Posted by Geezar10 View Post
    Started one up but was too slow as I loaded up almost every team on the game so I'm restarting now with 7 or 8 leagues
    Yeah I have about 6 loaded, gonna complete Africa then take that one off and add and Asian League. Think I'll tackle to Copa Liberatadores after Africa

11. Geezar10
    Reserve
    I've just loaded South Africa, Australia, South Korea, Mexico, USA, Argentina, Brazil, England, Belgium
    Sam91 likes this.

12. Might start this challenge later as a back up to my unemployed save.
    Sam91 likes this.

13. Could I suggest a database edit and add oceanic teams and the oceanic champions league also

14. can i load up like only some leagues, then remove them and replace?

15. Quote Originally Posted by olifreed View Post
    can i load up like only some leagues, then remove them and replace?
    Yeah mate, thats what I'm doing

16. already started this as my first save, got wimbeldon at begining im still with them in my 4th season in the championship, will prob be here one more season before premiership (maybe longer if i keep conceding retard goals cause of the ME)

17. Just started this. Loaded up south Africa and all the Asian nations. Just got a job with Deltras FC in Indonesia. Can't imagine how long it will take to win sumthin with them.

18. This should be super fun Gonna give it a go, as I am planning to spend unreasonable amount of time on FM this year

19. Quote Originally Posted by Tush View Post
    This should be super fun Gonna give it a go, as I am planning to spend unreasonable amount of time on FM this year
    Good man!!

Quote Originally Posted by antwalk9 View Post
    Just started this. Loaded up south Africa and all the Asian nations. Just got a job with Deltras FC in Indonesia. Can't imagine how long it will take to win sumthin with them.
    Haha maybe just use them as a stepping stone

20. I've spent too long in Africa on previous challenges so I decided to start in Asia. Got offered the Daejong KHNP job in the Korean N-League. They were top when I took over and we won the league P5 W1 D1 L3 so far in the K-League. Ridiculous step up in talent though I think I will need a new club at some point as developing these guys will take too long
    Nova91 and Sam91 like this.

21. Having had a rubbish attempt at this in FM12 I am starting a save this year and going into unknown territory. I have loaded up Australia and South Korea and used a custom database and uploaded the New Zealand league as I will hopefully be able to add the Oceania CL title to the collection.

Straight away I had a look at the jobs available and I decided to apply for the post at Daejeon KHNP who were nicely positioned in 4th place in the Korean N-League with 8 games left to play. Within a day they had offered me the job until the end of December 2012 with the minimum expectation being the playoffs and I gladly accepted.

The Pentagon Challenge-curtis-woods_-news-inbox.png
    Sam91 likes this.

22. Quote Originally Posted by woodsie12 View Post
    Having had a rubbish attempt at this in FM12 I am starting a save this year and going into unknown territory. I have loaded up Australia and South Korea and used a custom database and uploaded the New Zealand league as I will hopefully be able to add the Oceania CL title to the collection.

Straight away I had a look at the jobs available and I decided to apply for the post at Daejeon KHNP who were nicely positioned in 4th place in the Korean N-League with 8 games left to play. Within a day they had offered me the job until the end of December 2012 with the minimum expectation being the playoffs and I gladly accepted.

Attachment 282608
    Nice!! Just done my first season, won the First Division(2nd tier) African League with Jomo Cosmos. Need to move to a bigger club though to win the African Champions League

23. Got that job as well mate Koo your striker is awesome keep him! Just finished 6th in my first season in the K-League (went up as champs in the first year in the N-League. Just found a 18 year Oman striker with great stats hopefully he can lead our push for Europe this year

24. Just finished the league stage of the season finished in fourth place and in the playoffs with a record of P8 W6 D1 L1!

The Pentagon Challenge-korean-national-league_-overview-profile-2.png

Koo Ki-Goo finished the season on 15 goals! If I go up or stay down in these playoffs I'll need to keep him either way...
    Sam91 likes this.

25. Does this mean I dont have these players for two years? Both players were in my starting line up week in week out too...

The Pentagon Challenge-curtis-woods_-news-inbox-2.png

26. Quote Originally Posted by woodsie12 View Post
    Does this mean I dont have these players for two years? Both players were in my starting line up week in week out too...

Attachment 282676
    yep they are away for 2 years but their contracts get extended
    the timing of the loans is terrible
    i remember on FM12 when i did my journeyman save and this challenge i had my best player loaned to Sangju before the finals against them and first game in he scores a hattrick against me

27. yeah its really annoying. Lost three of my best players then just another quality player. So irritating

28. Lol fuck that then. Korea added to the Cunt List along with America!!

29. Having got promoted in my second season with Daejeon luckily through the playoffs.. I am now on the hunt for a new job hopefully for a team in the top 6 of the K-League!

The Pentagon Challenge-korean-national-league_-overview-stages.png

30. Quote Originally Posted by woodsie12 View Post
    Having got promoted in my second season with Daejeon luckily through the playoffs.. I am now on the hunt for a new job hopefully for a team in the top 6 of the K-League!

Attachment 282769
    I'm still there with them! Just started our third season still haven't been offered a job I feel is worthwhile

31. started out with wimbeldon fc got them to the priemership and really got tired of the board not giving me money for players, they were makin 60 million plus a year and was only giving me 5-6 million so i took a chance and applied for ac milan who i just took over, there in a ok state a few key players are very old but im sure with a bit of clean out in the next summer il be able to push for the ecc

LETS HOPE THIS WORKS!!!!
    Sam91 likes this.

32. To make the challenge a little bit spicy you could even add a "no resign" clause: you can change team only if...
    • You get sacked
    So you can't choose to change team just because you feel it's not good enough for you.

Or, seeing that the "no resign" clause is really hard to stick with, you can simply choose to change nation if you resign. I mean, if you resign by your decision from being manager of a club, you should only accept offers from clubs that play in nations different than the one of the club you're leaving.

Just thoughts.

33. Quote Originally Posted by ale85bg View Post
    To make the challenge a little bit spicy you could even add a "no resign" clause: you can change team only if...
    • You get sacked

Or, seeing that the "no resign" clause is really hard to stick with, you can simply choose to change nation if you resign. I mean, if you resign by your decision from being manager of a club, you should only accept offers from clubs that play in nations different than the one of the club you're leaving.

Just thoughts.
    Yep that is a great little challenge. Will add it to the opening page mate

34. Started this in South America, got a job in Uruguay with Cerrito. Halfway through the season i got sacked, took over at Rampla Jrs another team in the second division in Uruguay. Took over in 10th with 5 games left finished 4th got promoted through playoffs and now we're top of the first division opening stage with 4 games left
    Sam91 likes this.

35. what nationality has everyone picked? just the one they are IRL? Because for example if your nationality is the same as the country you play in it boosts your reputation

36. From promotion last year via playoffs to winning the Opening Stage of the Uruguay First Division which is excellent

37. always loved this one.. i always play it to PFM's original rules, everytime you change continent you have to take over at a club outside the top division and get them promoted and then attack the champions league

38. miskell99's Avatar miskell99
    Rotation
    Lets give this a go loaded Argentina. Brazil, Chile, Mexico, USA, Australia, China, South Korea.

Got my first job with Lanus in the Argentinian Premier Division got players worth in excess of two million so feeling confident will keep updating

39. what is the asian, s.american, american and african champions leagues?

40. StuW's Avatar StuWPremium Member
    Why So Serious?
    I am doing this myself. Loaded up a few divisions, no Europe yet though. Landed the job at the fantastically named Black Leopards in South Africa's top division. Around two thirds the way through the first season, and top of the league. Won the CAF Confederations Cup(Africa's Europa League), and hopefully I can stay top to grab the only Champions League spot in SA.

41. I Just Started Mine. I preferred starting in Europe and try to make it fun from the get-go, instead of starting in some horrible team in South Africa. So i started as free agent, Sunday league reputation. Got a job at Millwall, gonna try to make a reputation for my self and get a better job next season or something.
    The Pentagon Challenge-2013-02-12_00001.jpgThe Pentagon Challenge-2013-02-12_00002.jpg

42. I just completed it here.

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/footb...e-attempt.html

A great challenge and great fun, experiencing leagues and countries I otherwise would never have managed in

43. Quote Originally Posted by W4NKER View Post
    I just completed it here.

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/footb...e-attempt.html

A great challenge and great fun, experiencing leagues and countries I otherwise would never have managed in
    You're thread kinda inspired me to do it. But i can see how hard the first few seasons are gonna be. The first season i got 9th place with a media expectation of 20. But then the next season, i started bad and got sacked.
    The Pentagon Challenge-2013-02-14_00002.jpgThe Pentagon Challenge-2013-02-15_00001.jpg

44. Going to give this a try

45. whats the best 5 leagues to load up

46. England, Brazil, USA, South Africa, South Korea

47. StuW's Avatar StuWPremium Member
    Why So Serious?
    Quote Originally Posted by StuW View Post
    I am doing this myself. Loaded up a few divisions, no Europe yet though. Landed the job at the fantastically named Black Leopards in South Africa's top division. Around two thirds the way through the first season, and top of the league. Won the CAF Confederations Cup(Africa's Europa League), and hopefully I can stay top to grab the only Champions League spot in SA.
    An update from me. I managed to win the title, and am currently at the end of 2nd season, with the club in the Group Stage of the CL. Won the Confed Cup and CAF Super Cup twice. Hopefully I can get out of South Africa by the end of this year!!

48. So... I've been doing this for a few weeks now on and off, only doing the 4th extra challenge and here's how it's going... The Pentagon Challenge-jiangsu-v-guangzhou_-untitled-post-match.png
    I Joined Jiangsu Sainty in the CSL a few months after starting, won the CSL (Somehow...) and then won the Champions league in the 3rd year with the help of powerhouse Christian Danalache who was unbelievably amazing, the only downside with Jiangsu was the rules on only 3 foreign players per team. After winning the Champions League, I accepted a job at Orlando Pirates...

49. StuW's Avatar StuWPremium Member
    Why So Serious?
    Well....I won the CAF Champions League!!

Stepped down, and got offered a job the same day...

Accepted it. Sat 19th in Primera. Money is tight, and my squad is tiny. Lovely!

50. Quick question, can you still undertake the challenge in Classic Mode as i would love to do this challenge however dont have the time to fully immerse in it and update.

Would definitely start in FMC and using all 4 additional elements

Can anyone let me know if that is ok

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO