Like Tree132Likes

Football Manager 2013 Official Announcement
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1. Football Manager 2013 Official Announcement

Miles has just released the press release.

View it here: Football Manager 2013 Announcement "Press Conference" - YouTube

Summary

Classic mode
    Challenge mode
    Unlockables
    3D and dramatic changes to match AI, new and better cameras
    Restructure of staff and roles, Director of Football
    Network games via steam plus leaderboards
    Revamped loan system
    A total 900 new and improved features
    Last edited by Dunc; 06/09/2012 at 01:27 PM.
    Kris, CtPauley, JonoMUFC and 7 others like this.

2. Screw the other modes, normal way for me only.. the more in depth the better! FMC is for pussies
    Mike, abhinandan, potta and 11 others like this.

3. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Tax Regimes? And the speed i play the game just got slower
    tubby, GodCubed, duca and 2 others like this.

4. an initial press conference imo is a bad place to announce features that make the game more accessible. The people paying attention to a press conference about a football simulator are not going to play FMC, we are the hard core players who want to play 10 hours a week+ .

Disappointed that was the focus.
    gogogo golem likes this.

5. it was just the first mate I am sure there will be more in depth conferences for us "proper" FM players..

it is relative to the world though, everyone wants something done quickly, fast etc.. when it comes to games, I am the complete opposite, give me a game where I might have to spend 1 hour working out a puzzle or traping around dungeons to find something, or farming enemies for them to drop a certain weapon/armour etc

6. Quote Originally Posted by mwhitehorn07 View Post
    an initial press conference imo is a bad place to announce features that make the game more accessible. The people paying attention to a press conference about a football simulator are not going to play FMC, we are the hard core players who want to play 10 hours a week+ .

I play about 60 hours per week now that i'm on holidays (except for the days i go out xD)
    The Ultime FM God likes this.

7. Quote Originally Posted by mwhitehorn07 View Post
    an initial press conference imo is a bad place to announce features that make the game more accessible. The people paying attention to a press conference about a football simulator are not going to play FMC, we are the hard core players who want to play 10 hours a week+ .

I saw the announcement on IGN the press conference was for the gaming media so that they can cover all the features and details SI and Sega want to sell the game to new players and casual gamers with.

8. don't care much for the so-called classic mode, which btw sounds everything but 'classic' to me... more of an 'arcade mode' maybe? I have a different idea of 'classic' FM...

9. tubby's Avatar tubby
    Star Player
    It's nearly here?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Football Manager 2013 Official Announcement-ohmygod.gif  

10. Very excited about the 3d impliments and FMC will be good for games with mates, where you won't really care about the minor details you would in a long term save.

I was hoping they would add the Director of Football role. I'm sick of offering players contracts.

Watch me dominate all of your leaderboards. Pew pew!

11. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by mwhitehorn07 View Post

Not true. Plenty of people on the SI forum are very happy about the new mode. And there was lots of info for hardcore gamers.

They just totally re did the match engine, the biggest change to that and the AI since 2009. I'd say that a pretty huge thing.

12. Malarkey's Avatar Malarkey
    • CLICK THE SPOILER FOR A NICE SUPRISE, AND YOU WONT REGRET IT.

what a waste of time, why are you doing this?

lol, you have no life...

First Team
    I just hope they've done all the player stats properly, noticed a few mistakes in 2012.

13. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    Very excited about the 3d impliments and FMC will be good for games with mates, where you won't really care about the minor details you would in a long term save.

I was hoping they would add the Director of Football role. I'm sick of offering players contracts.

Excited about all the changes to the match engine, cant wait to see more!
    gogogo golem likes this.

14. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Malarkey View Post
    I just hope they've done all the player stats properly, noticed a few mistakes in 2012.
    If you think data is wrong, use the data threads on the SI forum
    Brian likes this.

15. Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    Very excited about the 3d impliments and FMC will be good for games with mates, where you won't really care about the minor details you would in a long term save.

buwhahahaaha!

I would not trust the Director (AI) offering out contracts to my players.. they ALWAYS over pay the bastards..
    potta likes this.

16. Malarkey's Avatar Malarkey

lol, you have no life...

First Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike. View Post
    If you think data is wrong, use the data threads on the SI forum
    I will if it's anything worth telling them about, the only thing I would do that for would be if Palace don't have a budget again, but I think we will. Can't wait for this game.

17. Having played FM13, I can guarantee you won't be disappointed. The game is superb and a marked improvement on FM12.
    Jak likes this.

18. tubby's Avatar tubby
    Star Player
    The main thing I'd like revamped is the media system, stories are too often repeated (though I suppose that's obvious with continued playing time).

Quote Originally Posted by Dunc View Post
    Having played FM13, I can guarantee you won't be disappointed. The game is superb and a marked improvement on FM12.
    Football Manager 2013 Official Announcement-rm7s8.gif?

19. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Malarkey View Post
    I will if it's anything worth telling them about, the only thing I would do that for would be if Palace don't have a budget again, but I think we will. Can't wait for this game.
    Attributes are always subjective, but if you think something is inherently wrong and can back it up, researchers do listen.

Cant wait for it either, already lost interest in FM12 after listening to the conference.

20. Quote Originally Posted by Dunc View Post
    Having played FM13, I can guarantee you won't be disappointed. The game is superb and a marked improvement on FM12.
    How have you played it already?

21. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by tubby View Post
    The main thing I'd like revamped is the media system, stories are too often repeated (though I suppose that's obvious with continued playing time).

Attachment 273695?
    Annoyingly he isn't bullshitting, the douchebag now works for them.

22. Malarkey's Avatar Malarkey

lol, you have no life...

First Team
    Attributes are always subjective, but if you think something is inherently wrong and can back it up, researchers do listen.

Cant wait for it either, already lost interest in FM12 after listening to the conference.
    Also lost interest in FM12, downloaded a transfer update and started a new game, but that's about as close you can get to FM13...
    gogogo golem likes this.

23. Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post

They are introducing a Director of Football role into FM 2013, on the youtube video of the press conference pause at 3:43 and look at the bottom of the screen, it says "Director of Football" introduced on the scroll bar.
    gogogo golem likes this.

24. How mean of them to release this. All this time I'm going to spend wondering when it's out, watching twitter, surfing the internet, desperately scraping for info. Bastards!

On a serious note, I have changed my mind and will be getting this for release day. Sounds like they've taken everything on board from criticism from players and gone all out with the effort. After watching the vid it just sounds brilliant.

Also get to show just how fantastic a manager I really am

25. I like how they said they're going to be using Steam and its community more, I doubt they'll have a Steam workshop for FM13 but it sounds like it could be possible someday. I'm real excited to learn about the new loan and scouting options, hopefully the former is easier and the latter is much harder.

26. Niiice.

Annoyingly he isn't bullshitting, the douchebag now works for them.
    The amount of jelly in this comment could feed an orphanage for weeks.
    Kris, Mike., Dunc and 5 others like this.

27. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by GodCubed View Post
    Niiice.

The amount of jelly in this comment could feed an orphanage for weeks.
    More like months.

28. Does anyone know whens release date for beta version ?

29. So I guess the real question is when is the crack out?

30. Quote Originally Posted by GodCubed View Post
    So I guess the real question is when is the crack out?
    That depends on game release date But SI did proper job with FM12. It was really hard to crack. I think it took couple of months ? Probably FM13 will be either:
    a) Easier to crack due Skidrows exp with FM12
    b) Harder to crack due SI anti piracy measures

31. Quote Originally Posted by Vanjagl View Post
    That depends on game release date But SI did proper job with FM12. It was really hard to crack. I think it took couple of months ? Probably FM13 will be either:
    a) Easier to crack due Skidrows exp with FM12
    b) Harder to crack due SI anti piracy measures
    I wasn't actually being serious, but you're right. There was a huge step forward with zero-day piracy in particular with 12, which is the most important. Long may it continue,

32. be giving fmc a miss i think, i hope there is more variation in press conferences and not just the same answers under different tones feel klike ive been answering the same questions sionce fm08 or 09 can't remember.
    gogogo golem likes this.

33. Quote Originally Posted by GodCubed View Post
    I wasn't actually being serious, but you're right. There was a huge step forward with zero-day piracy in particular with 12, which is the most important. Long may it continue,
    On one domestic forum we had little poll about FM12 and FM13. Since where I live is poor standard and not many people can afford FM game, there is many users of pirated version. Long story short, they all said one thing - that the game is too expensive. For our standards they are. Average salary here is abotu 300-350 euros per month. When we asked them what would be acceptable price, they responded variously:
    - I wont buy it as long as I can get it for free ( fuck them)
    - from 15-25 Euros.
    But I find it interesting to see answers from people who actually bought the game. They all said that they will buy it again ( FM13) but price is little too high.
    So, I'm against piracy, but I can't help not to see where those who can't afford the game are coming from.
    gogogo golem likes this.

34. FMC might also be good for players who get overwhelmed by the many possibilities of FM

35. I'll Wait till March or April to Buy this.

36. Quote Originally Posted by Vanjagl View Post
    On one domestic forum we had little poll about FM12 and FM13. Since where I live is poor standard and not many people can afford FM game, there is many users of pirated version. Long story short, they all said one thing - that the game is too expensive. For our standards they are. Average salary here is abotu 300-350 euros per month. When we asked them what would be acceptable price, they responded variously:
    - I wont buy it as long as I can get it for free ( fuck them)
    - from 15-25 Euros.
    But I find it interesting to see answers from people who actually bought the game. They all said that they will buy it again ( FM13) but price is little too high.
    So, I'm against piracy, but I can't help not to see where those who can't afford the game are coming from.
    There could be a pre-order discount which seems to be on a lot of games recently. For example, the latest WoW expansion Mists of Pandaria, you get a pre-order price of £23.99 at Argos, £29.99 Blizzard and so on. May get the same thing for FM. Then again....maybe not. Have to wait and see

37. Quote Originally Posted by Dunc View Post
    Hi I'm new here, having played the game is there any substantial improvement in the tranfer window/transfer deadline day? like FIFA12 style window? thanx in advance

38. In the 'Unlockables' screeshot, it shows National Management as something which is unlocked, rather than being able to play straight away in the game. Or is it just me? Looks good though!

39. Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    They are introducing a Director of Football role into FM 2013, on the youtube video of the press conference pause at 3:43 and look at the bottom of the screen, it says "Director of Football" introduced on the scroll bar.
    I know. That's what I meant by I was hoping they would, and glad they have.

40. Quote Originally Posted by SMoss View Post
    In the 'Unlockables' screeshot, it shows National Management as something which is unlocked, rather than being able to play straight away in the game. Or is it just me? Looks good though!
    I sounds like it is referring to choosing a national team at the start of the game as well as a club team. Instead of picking one of club/national and eventually being offered one during the game.
    gogogo golem likes this.

41. When i herd FM Classic i imagined two different things. Either FM but scaled down so it would be like CM 01/02 speed. Or we would get classic databases say the real 96/97 season. Nevermind! Hope the network gaming is better this time

42. Brian's Avatar BrianPremium Member
    Shelbourne Researcher
    A lot of the features mentioned in that press conference seemed to be aimed to non experienced players of the games and some of the new modes sound very "dumbed down" so I'm hoping that this is just to create some new interest and they have still spent alot of time working on the normal mode.

Loving the idea of a tax regime and things like that. Director of Football is a realistic feature but could be a bitch if your owner hires one who starts buying players! (has happened in real life)

43. Saw this picture on facebook an it looks like they are offerng for you to pay money to buy cheats like being unsackable on no transfer windows or a £1 or being able to unlock through gameplayFootball Manager 2013 Official Announcement-253177_10152067786495596_267103998_n.jpg

44. Quote Originally Posted by ajt09 View Post
    There could be a pre-order discount which seems to be on a lot of games recently. For example, the latest WoW expansion Mists of Pandaria, you get a pre-order price of £23.99 at Argos, £29.99 Blizzard and so on. May get the same thing for FM. Then again....maybe not. Have to wait and see
    There was pre-orded discount last year, but it was symbolic. It's still going to be 30-40 euros. I got the game ( steam code) from some site for 25 dollars in December, which is pretty awesome deal. But there's a slight chance I'll get beta version this year, so pretty excited about that. Still, market version is going to be better, so I'll get it as soon as I can.

45. Really looking forward to FMC! Sounds really nice and I have always wondered why there was no challenge mode in previous versions.

46. Quote Originally Posted by hughesman View Post
    Saw this picture on facebook an it looks like they are offerng for you to pay money to buy cheats like being unsackable on no transfer windows or a £1 or being able to unlock through gameplayAttachment 273742
    I don't like this. This makes FM so much easier. FM should be ruthless, hardcore, anyone who use this is a sissy.

47. Quote Originally Posted by hughesman View Post
    Saw this picture on facebook an it looks like they are offerng for you to pay money to buy cheats like being unsackable on no transfer windows or a £1 or being able to unlock through gameplayAttachment 273742
    They are only for the FMC (Classic) Mode.

48. I've been playing this type of game since the release of the famous Elifoot 98. And then I've naturally migrated to the Championship Manager 99/00.

Those were games that entertain a lot and at the same time were really fast and easy.

I mean, why not do quicker version to the FM. I really think that was a great deal. And I'm happy to see that the thoughts of the creators are the same as mine. I'm now 26 years old and I don't have much time to play, it is good to know that I'll have a second option.

49. FMC

Hi guys, new here somewhat - only really use this place for the downloads.

I can't access the video because YouTube is blocked at work, but wondering what FMC is, and what people keep going on about? I have played the last 5 FM's, but don't understand the reference to FMC? Also, people were saying the unlockables were only on Classic Mode - what is this? Is it the mode I've been playing for 5 years, or is it dumbed down?

Thanks in advance for any help.

50. Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    I know. That's what I meant by I was hoping they would, and glad they have.
    Oh sorry bud, misunderstood.
    Kris likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO