Like Tree59Likes

Football Manager 2013 Screenshots
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1. Football Manager 2013 Screenshots

Take a look at the very first screenshots from Football Manager 2013 and let us know what you think.

Football Manager 2013 Screenshots-421652_10152068465970596_895948999_n.jpgFootball Manager 2013 Screenshots-257233_10152067790245596_992138763_o.jpgFootball Manager 2013 Screenshots-324350_10152067790030596_1812352693_o.jpgFootball Manager 2013 Screenshots-322120_10152067789780596_1616531335_o.jpgFootball Manager 2013 Screenshots-191149_10152067789470596_225667878_o.jpgFootball Manager 2013 Screenshots-615548_10152067789165596_176314880_o.jpgFootball Manager 2013 Screenshots-243360_10152067788795596_2147309804_o.jpgFootball Manager 2013 Screenshots-326150_10152067788410596_1393551663_o.jpgFootball Manager 2013 Screenshots-332773_10152067788225596_1900453964_o.jpgFootball Manager 2013 Screenshots-336116_10152067788060596_598721408_o.jpgFootball Manager 2013 Screenshots-321708_10152067787900596_2125173252_o.jpgFootball Manager 2013 Screenshots-287964_10152067787625596_2070534065_o.jpgFootball Manager 2013 Screenshots-324301_10152067787490596_1954514150_o.jpgFootball Manager 2013 Screenshots-415313_10152067787305596_634631836_o.jpgFootball Manager 2013 Screenshots-614515_10152067786930596_876069498_o.jpgFootball Manager 2013 Screenshots-219587_10152067786665596_6546242_o.jpgFootball Manager 2013 Screenshots-288061_10152067786495596_267103998_o.jpgFootball Manager 2013 Screenshots-193339_10152067786330596_149534648_o.jpgFootball Manager 2013 Screenshots-326276_10152067786135596_1915022769_o.jpgFootball Manager 2013 Screenshots-324424_10152067785910596_1383487378_o.jpgFootball Manager 2013 Screenshots-241074_10152067785680596_1886909306_o.jpgFootball Manager 2013 Screenshots-413513_10152067785435596_650153140_o.jpg
    Kris, Jake, fordy1978 and 17 others like this.

2. Match engine dosen't look much different. Interface looks a bit more flashy. Not sure I like it like that. Classic Mode is useless to me as I play the proper game and challenge mode isn't really my thing.

Like the new Calender though.
    Seizaburou likes this.

3. oja20's Avatar oja20Premium Member
    Simmer down and pucker up
    Reminds me of Fifa Manager. I'm sure I'll get used to the new interface but not for me at the moment..

4. Does what is says on the tin. Clear, neat, UI looks easy enough to grasp and the in-match snap looks pretty good, and like the slight tweaks to the info that's presented (for example it immediately tells you who the backroom staff member thinks would be an ideal role model in the training bit). I'd be happy with that, but as it says it's still work in progress.

5. I love how the game looks. This screenshots only makes the waiting a bit harder.
    Munroe likes this.

6. Paying extra for "unlockable" in-game cheats?

7. I'd be happy with that, but as it says it's still work in progress.

8. Its a lot more visual, with the players overview screen, and I love that you can employ a head of youth development

9. Quote Originally Posted by Metz View Post
    Paying extra for "unlockable" in-game cheats?
    They are for the Classic (FMC) mode only and can be unlocked for free by completing certain accomplishments anyway.

10. Quote Originally Posted by petraru View Post
    I love how the game looks. This screenshots only makes the waiting a bit harder.

I don't want to play FM12 now

11. First time I can really say that I'm loving the new skin. In game stuff looks much crisper than previous versions. Quite like the option for a stadium snapshot in club information, I'm sure someone will release a pack for that. The best position tab on the player page is very useful, sick of having to check scout reports for that.

12. it seems that there wont be much difference in the 3D match engine.. but atleast few bugs should be removed like strikers missing easy goals very often n goalkeeper never rushes out of the box to clear the danger..

13. Loving the new skin. Can't wait!

14. tubby's Avatar tubby
    Star Player
    Hopefully the (Historic) suffix on the team rivalries means it's now easier to gain a new rival, with many types. perhaps dynamic club relations has been played with

15. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by dwaipayan7 View Post
    it seems that there wont be much difference in the 3D match engine.. but atleast few bugs should be removed like strikers missing easy goals very often n goalkeeper never rushes out of the box to clear the danger..
    Eh? Biggest change in the match engine since 2009.
    ajt09 and craig curtis like this.

16. Quote Originally Posted by dwaipayan7 View Post
    it seems that there wont be much difference in the 3D match engine.. but atleast few bugs should be removed like strikers missing easy goals very often n goalkeeper never rushes out of the box to clear the danger..
    I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss match engine changes. In last year's announcement of FM12 Miles explained that the focus in that game wasn't so much on new features as it was on polish, because they were working on a significant overhaul of the match engine (among other) for FM13. What you're seeing in the screens isn't the match engine though, only the visual representation.

While I'd say it's visual style hasn't changed much, once it starts moving you might notice massive changes. He specifically mentioned ball physics last year and I'm pretty sure it was mentioned in this year's announcement as well. If that's right than this year's edition might well mark the first radical overhaul since 2006 (think it was that year).

Other features seem more along the lines of evolution instead of revolution, as per usual. Not a bad thing, they're steadily moving their product upwards and onwards. It's becoming a very comprehensive virtual footballing experience.

17. The skin is almost perfect, almost because I hate having grass as a background, I'll just change that to plain white/grey and it'll be fine.

18. looks good, like the ease of gaining useful information (rating for each of previous 5 matches, player role)

19. It looks like a graphical overhaul with some additions here and there.

What I don't understand is what a manager has to do with appointing a director of football...that is a board function irl.

I don't see improvements for tactics or the training which imo should be as detailed as possible as that is what your job as manager is about besides the matches and managing the players.
    I did notice something about a weekly schedule settings that appears to be linked with the training, but its kinda unclear.

The scout report contains more detail from what I can see and that is good.

It look nice so far, but by the looks of the screenies I fear that the game is more about the board related jobs rather then the actual managing and training of the players which is a shame imo.

For the FM fans its a nice graphical upgrade with some extra options but for the newbies I am not sure if its made easier to understand certain aspects of the game like creating your own tactic, creating your own training schedules and how to manage your players.

But this is my opinion based on the screenies shown...Ill judge about the game when its released (and hopefully they have disabled the use of classic tactics)

20. Quote Originally Posted by FC Knudde View Post
    It looks like a graphical overhaul with some additions here and there.

What I don't understand is what a manager has to do with appointing a director of football...that is a board function irl.

I don't see improvements for tactics or the training which imo should be as detailed as possible as that is what your job as manager is about besides the matches and managing the players.
    I did notice something about a weekly schedule settings that appears to be linked with the training, but its kinda unclear.

The scout report contains more detail from what I can see and that is good.

It look nice so far, but by the looks of the screenies I fear that the game is more about the board related jobs rather then the actual managing and training of the players which is a shame imo.

For the FM fans its a nice graphical upgrade with some extra options but for the newbies I am not sure if its made easier to understand certain aspects of the game like creating your own tactic, creating your own training schedules and how to manage your players.

But this is my opinion based on the screenies shown...Ill judge about the game when its released (and hopefully they have disabled the use of classic tactics)
    Aren't you overreacting just a little here? I mean just because there are a few more staff roles and you can appoint a DoF doesn't mean the game is more about "board related jobs" than managing your players, which is an absurd suggestion to be fair. If anything the introduction of a DoF means you can let him handle the desk jobs so you can focus more the football related stuff. As for training and tactics, the screens don't really show us the finer details. I do notice a Match Plan button though, which seems a very interesting addition to tactics. And surely the Classic mode will help new players get the hang of the game better.

21. Has anyone seen the picture where you can pay to turn off rules? Like sacking, and have a permanent transfer window?

22. gogogo golem
    Modern Day Legend
    I'm excited for the new version, the graphics look better and I'm hoping the head of youth development is important (I'm going to spend a lot of cash on him). I'm not hiring a DoF until I've sussed out the how they work because I don't want a meddling, blundering fool and I don't want to pay over the odds in contract negotiations.
    mld81 and igpig3 like this.

23. I'm looking forward more to fm 13 now!!!
    apvmoreira and gogogo golem like this.

24. Quote Originally Posted by Ainu20 View Post
    I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss match engine changes. In last year's announcement of FM12 Miles explained that the focus in that game wasn't so much on new features as it was on polish, because they were working on a significant overhaul of the match engine (among other) for FM13. What you're seeing in the screens isn't the match engine though, only the visual representation.

While I'd say it's visual style hasn't changed much, once it starts moving you might notice massive changes. He specifically mentioned ball physics last year and I'm pretty sure it was mentioned in this year's announcement as well. If that's right than this year's edition might well mark the first radical overhaul since 2006 (think it was that year).

Other features seem more along the lines of evolution instead of revolution, as per usual. Not a bad thing, they're steadily moving their product upwards and onwards. It's becoming a very comprehensive virtual footballing experience.

m not simply dismissing it.. but i hope these changes are really made as i feel they r d most annoying ones..
    gogogo golem likes this.

25. Quote Originally Posted by Ainu20 View Post
    Aren't you overreacting just a little here? I mean just because there are a few more staff roles and you can appoint a DoF doesn't mean the game is more about "board related jobs" than managing your players, which is an absurd suggestion to be fair. If anything the introduction of a DoF means you can let him handle the desk jobs so you can focus more the football related stuff. As for training and tactics, the screens don't really show us the finer details. I do notice a Match Plan button though, which seems a very interesting addition to tactics. And surely the Classic mode will help new players get the hang of the game better.
    Not overreacting at all imo, the board determines who the technical director is going to be and not the manager who works under that technical director but keep in mind this is my opinion based on the presented screenies.

FM should be more about actually training (meaning you develop detailed training sessions with your training staff) your players and creating your own tactics as well as managing your players...this already is tough enough for many FM players as there is hardly to no "education" in game, if you want proof...just look at how many tactics and training schedules made by others are downloaded and how many questions people have about managing their players.

A layman to soccer (adult or child) should be able to play and understand FM and should be able to find the most basic of information about soccer / tactics / managing / training in game...which currently is not the case.

But like I said, this is just my opinion based on the presented screenies...I'll wait till the game demo is released to draw my final opinion.

26. Anyone else getting a feint whiff of a complaining thread? Before the game is even released. Sigh. It's either too realistic or not realistic enough. It's not even bloody out yet for gods sake.

27. Quote Originally Posted by ajt09 View Post
    Anyone else getting a feint whiff of a complaining thread? Before the game is even released. Sigh. It's either too realistic or not realistic enough. It's not even bloody out yet for gods sake.
    I complain about your god reference....
    gogogo golem likes this.

28. Quote Originally Posted by W4NKER View Post
    I complain about your god reference....
    Yeah it's ironic when I've never believed in him/her......
    gogogo golem likes this.

29. Thats not ironic, this would be ironic,
    "If your not religous for god's sake say so"

30. You don't HAVE to choose it...

31. gogogo golem
    Modern Day Legend
    I've found more screenshots, I think look at this and press the arrow on the right to get the new screenshots as the left takes you through old ones
    FM 2013 Screenshots | Facebook
    I bet it's an advertising leak.
    Last edited by gogogo golem; 08/09/2012 at 04:16 PM.
    serp1 and igpig3 like this.

32. Quote Originally Posted by gogogo golem View Post
    I've found more screenshots, I think look at this and press the arrow on the right to get the new screenshots as the left takes you through old ones
    FM 2013 Screenshots | Facebook
    Hey great find!!!

33. dafuq!!....paid additions to the game?

34. Looks like board requests will be simplified, I hope it's only in Classic mode.
    gogogo golem likes this.

35. I wish they'd stop developing the whole media thing with news from the press and so on... maybe it's just me, but its one of those features that i only pay attention to for a first week and then i just click through it.

Otherwise it looks fun, love to see the whole staff and administration aspect become more complex.
    Last edited by Tyton; 10/09/2012 at 06:58 AM.
    Montanaro likes this.

36. wonderkid360's Avatar wonderkid360
    Modern Day Legend
    Looks like a good game, I've pre-ordered already from their website lol. I've checked their channel like ten times, no new videos, even though it said in the description check on Monday. Hopefully later in the day there will be some more.

37. the fact that director can be in charge for all transfers is really exciting...i only wonder though if a higher level director can make bigger transfers for the club that seem unrealistic

38. gogogo golem
    Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLokaz13 View Post
    the fact that director can be in charge for all transfers is really exciting...i only wonder though if a higher level director can make bigger transfers for the club that seem unrealistic
    You can make them in charge of all transfer business or some. SI have done a good job allowing us to restrict their interference since it could exclude a lot of gamers.

39. DoF's are actually really helpful. If you chuck all the players you want to get rid of into your reserves and get him to sell transfer listed players in your reserves, then it saves a lot of time and they usually get a good deal for them.
    Lee, Triv, ajt09 and 2 others like this.

40. gogogo golem
    Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunc View Post
    DoF's are actually really helpful. If you chuck all the players you want to get rid of into your reserves and get him to sell transfer listed players in your reserves, then it saves a lot of time and they usually get a good deal for them.
    I hope that is a configuration option on its own as I MIGHT use it depending on how good a deal they can get you.

41. Quote Originally Posted by Ainu20 View Post
    i personally find that the classic tactics are better because the fm roles for player makes a certain player be imo very rigid in terms of what that player is allowed to do where with classic u can fine tune and give more freedom to players and i get better results from classic tactics

42. Quote Originally Posted by MrLokaz13 View Post
    the fact that director can be in charge for all transfers is really exciting...i only wonder though if a higher level director can make bigger transfers for the club that seem unrealistic
    i think that the director should not be able to buy and sell players imo because i feel it takes the fulfillment out of getting a gd squad together
    gogogo golem likes this.

43. Quote Originally Posted by robertlecomber09 View Post
    i think that the director should not be able to buy and sell players imo because i feel it takes the fulfillment out of getting a gd squad together
    You can choose if you want your DoF to sign players or not, there are many options involving staff in the new game, so keep posted for the podcasts and video blogs.
    gogogo golem likes this.

44. Quote Originally Posted by Dunc View Post
    DoF's are actually really helpful. If you chuck all the players you want to get rid of into your reserves and get him to sell transfer listed players in your reserves, then it saves a lot of time and they usually get a good deal for them.
    This sounds really encouraging. Having to "offer to clubs" over and over trying to sell unwanted players or loan out youth prospects is one of my least favorite parts of the game.

I want to handle most of my own transfer business - all the buying, and deciding whether to accept big offers for my better players. But if the DoF can do some of the busy work, that'd be great.
    Dunc likes this.

45. Quote Originally Posted by Dunc View Post
    You can choose if you want your DoF to sign players or not, there are many options involving staff in the new game, so keep posted for the podcasts and video blogs.
    Dunc, are there still Steam Achievements for FM13?

46. Can't wait. Took a break from fm 2012 and now am just waitting for this. Can I continue my save from fm 2012 in this or are they incompatible?

47. Quote Originally Posted by Pafonyo View Post
    Can't wait. Took a break from fm 2012 and now am just waitting for this. Can I continue my save from fm 2012 in this or are they incompatible?
    Incompatible.
    gogogo golem likes this.

48. Quote Originally Posted by Dunc View Post
    This is a huge step to help the manager. As someone said, offering a player over and over again, getting no proposals, then see the player go for free and after 1 week, singed for a tiny club was bad for the ego!

49. Dont like the look of the "Unlockables" as SI probably only added it to get extra money. Also, people will pay to make the game easier only to claim they havent when they do well.

50. Quote Originally Posted by FM Lect View Post
    Dont like the look of the "Unlockables" as SI probably only added it to get extra money. Also, people will pay to make the game easier only to claim they havent when they do well.
    Well people have two very hard choices to make then. Wether or not to buy them. Besides, it's only a small charge anyway, and it would help as it would go towards making the next game even better (by the looks of it will be a pretty tall order if this one's anything to go by).

And if you read the first page anyway, they are for FMC mode only so it won't make a jot of difference. And also they can be unlocked by playing the game without having to pay by doing certain achievements
    Triv and W4NKER like this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO