Like Tree13Likes

Season so far?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1. Season so far?

Just wondering how everyone's first few games went. I have to admit I am struggling this time around. I am finding it hard to find goals lol
    adadrobt likes this.

2. Anybody playing as Portsmouth? I have vastly underestimated the challenge I could be looking at two seasons in League one...

3. It seems more difficult for me too, but I love it.

4. I'm playing as Liverpool, signed Lewandowski after getting rid of some of the deadwood and it's going alright so far, qualified for the Europa with ease, winning 4-0 home and away, a couple of days before the start of the season and I have to go to uni for 3 hours, not impressed!

5. Quote Originally Posted by Dentoin View Post
    I'm playing as Liverpool, signed Lewandowski after getting rid of some of the deadwood and it's going alright so far, qualified for the Europa with ease, winning 4-0 home and away, a couple of days before the start of the season and I have to go to uni for 3 hours, not impressed!
    I am playing as Liverpool too, drew Europa first leg 2-2 then won at home 5-2.

6. Quote Originally Posted by scouse2006 View Post
    I am playing as Liverpool too, drew Europa first leg 2-2 then won at home 5-2.
    I'm a bit surprised with the difference in the finishing between Suarez (13) and Borini (17). Seems a little harsh on the Uruguayan!

7. Quote Originally Posted by Dentoin View Post
    I'm a bit surprised with the difference in the finishing between Suarez (13) and Borini (17). Seems a little harsh on the Uruguayan!
    Just a little bit lol. I don't think Suarez should be that low like

8. He doesn't exactly score lots of goals in real life though does he?!
    Hits the post an awful lot, so probably quite accurate to be fair.
    scouse2006 and chappazz88 like this.

9. First league game went ok. Beat Villa 2-1 Borini and Sterling goals

10. Been tweaking my possession tactic, finally seem to be dominating teams in the shot department also. Non-league Barca, lol.

chappazz88 and Yurt like this.

11. Playing as Newcastle. The game seems a lot harder this time around. I'm currently 7th but have had some questionable defeats, haha.

12. Quote Originally Posted by Aethalas View Post
    Playing as Newcastle. The game seems a lot harder this time around. I'm currently 7th but have had some questionable defeats, haha.
    What transfer budget do you get

13. must admit i am a relegation battle with qpr lol lying 17th 20games in 5wins 5draws 10defeats not so good haha

14. Quote Originally Posted by Aethalas View Post
    Playing as Newcastle. The game seems a lot harder this time around. I'm currently 7th but have had some questionable defeats, haha.
    I totally agree. I have never struggled this much. It's like turned the difficulty up 10 fold, though I am enjoying the extra challenge
    Rapyer likes this.

15. I really don't know who to go. Have started one with Rangers but only having 5 subs is annoying me haha
    scouse2006 and adadrobt like this.

16. Start out unemployed ha ha

17. Started as unemployed manager 'Dean Ashton' and managed to get the job at AFC Wimbledon. Just settling down into the pre-season at the mo, trying to get my tactics sorted and make a few signings. Tactics wise I'm determined to play nice fluid football, even at this level, and I want to try and build a squad good enough to compete from the beginning but also sustainable enough to help me climb the leagues. Until the full game comes out I'll be sticking to this save, it is in Classic mode though so I'm hoping that doesn't numb the developing experience too much. Come on you Wombles!
    scouse2006 likes this.

18. I started with Pompey and my god I cant get going at all... Iv no GK, LB, Wide midfielders... Average age must be about 29/30... I cant sign anybody because Iv zero wages to play with... I had a GK lined up to cost me nothing but Sunderland poached him so now Im basically thinking Im going to have to scrap this save I dont fancy a relegation struggle... I had hoped to build a young side playing good football and plow money into the youth system but Pompey's situation makes any long term plan impossible the only way to escape relegation seems to be short term thinking...

It looks like Crewe or Bournemouth will be my new save...

19. I only downloaded the game last night but it was that late i didnt have time to play, so as the manager is off today and i just happen to work in IT i managed to fool the other workers into thinking my computer needed fixing when really im sitting here playing fm 13, i started with newcastle and had a nightmare so far not realising that porto activated demba ba's release clause and now hes gone and ive lost both my pre season games to american teams, so if your asking how its going so far, pretty awful
    scouse2006 likes this.

20. Slowly getting better now, I have great amount of possesion. Just won 5-1 with PSV vs AZ and Toivonon scoring 5 goals. It's still difficult though.

21. I'm going to be doing a story if anyone would like to check it out ...http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/footb...ing-again.html

22. Gladbach, 4-5-1 formation, and I'm second in the league and just lost my first league game before I quite lastnight. It's December 1st, and I have like 2 points from 4 games in the CL group stages sadly, but I am also in the group of death.

As well, I've qualified past 2 rounds in the German Cup. Doing pretty well on my first save, I'm excited. And Ter Stegen has an average score of like 7.50. Which is mind blowing for a goalkeeper for me.

23. With Leicester, 3 games in and 3 pts. However I am dominating these matches and MIddlesbrough had 1 shot, and scored to win 1-0

24. Been playing with Arsenal - been a total disaster so far. I signed Mario Gotze and my formation is a 4-2-3-1 and really hoped that a mix of Gotze - Carzola - Ox would be a dynasty - far from - 4points in the league after 5 games :/ and my strikers are yet to score.
    Apparently Im fucking delusional according to this game, I was playing everton away. Oveido was destorying me on the left wing, and my assistant Steve bould lets me know that i should Mark him tighter and close him down, I usually don't listen to my assistant but decided to do so this time, only for Lukas "hopeless" Podolski to tackle him in the penalty area, and give away a penalty in the dying minutes.

25. I'm finding it very frustrating, lost 1-0 home to Peterborough after having 3 goals disallowed in the first 10 minutes then dominated the whole match till Barnett scored an 89 minute winner with about there 3rd shot, then won 3-0 away to Leeds, then lost 6-4 at home to charlton, beat Huddersfield away 2-0 an lost home to Barnsley and burnley.

Just can't win at home!!!

26. I'm playing as Blackburn Rovers. Won my first two league games 2-0 and 3-1 respectively. Nice start

27. Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Street View Post
    I'm playing as Blackburn Rovers. Won my first two league games 2-0 and 3-1 respectively. Nice start
    I'm a Blackburn supporter and I chose them to manage for my first team, but i'm doing rubbish (as always) any advice for me?

28. Quote Originally Posted by nickc1994 View Post
    I'm a Blackburn supporter and I chose them to manage for my first team, but i'm doing rubbish (as always) any advice for me?
    I've not brought any players in. I'm playing a 4-2-3-1 with Rhodes up front on his own as a poacher. Kazim-Richards on the right wing is doing all the damage for me. Scott Dann and Grant Hanley at centre-back are keeping a lot of clean sheets.

29. My Liverpool game seem rather true to life which is kinda disconcerting. Suarez is either on his arse or hitting the post lol. Although Borini has scored a couple and I drew with man u

30. How good is the beta guys ? I chose not to get it and just wait for the demo then the carry on my demo save in the full release

31. Finding it hard aswell, playing as Arsenal and had a bad pre season and so far drew my first 2 premier league games 2-2 against stoke and 1-1 against fulham. Thought i would do better with a front 3 of Damiao, Podolski and Ba :/

32. Quote Originally Posted by JokerGesus View Post
    Finding it hard aswell, playing as Arsenal and had a bad pre season and so far drew my first 2 premier league games 2-2 against stoke and 1-1 against fulham. Thought i would do better with a front 3 of Damiao, Podolski and Ba :/
    Well, they are new to the team so it might take a while to get them to play as a unit

33. Just started a lower league game with Hayes and Yeading (the wifes choice lol) and so far I suck! I think I will be fired before November at this rate

34. Just started my annual Arsenal save, just after the transfer window closed. Had a bad pre-season, losing three out of five matches against Chinese teams. Though things seem to be better in the league, winning against both Tottenham and Swansea. Isco had been immense so far.

35. Just finished 14th with Reading in my first season. Not too bad i guess. I did defeat arsenal 4-1 at home.

36. Well being Liverpool is hard
    scouse2006 likes this.

37. I started one off as Pompey and around 15th August they were bought by some peurto rican business man who gave me 10 mil to spend however lost the 3rd match of the season 8-2 at home to crewe

38. F-ing hopeless. So hard. Lying 17th with PSG in 5 games in. Think imma get fired in the next few weeks lol

39. So its not just me that sucks? Is it the game? Lol, what have they changed thats made the game so much harder?

40. Quote Originally Posted by xelliotx View Post
    So its not just me that sucks? Is it the game? Lol, what have they changed thats made the game so much harder?
    i'm playing classic mode and the difficulty seems fine. but could it be the team talks? i heard they are screwed up.

41. Won the league with Brighton last night, although I'm struggling to sign players for the Premier league, as my wage bill is capped at 25,000, anyone know how to change this?

Season so far?-screen-shot-2012-10-20-01.37.22.png

42. Going pretty well with Kidderminster in the Blue Square Premier but it`s a lot harder than FM12 and I love it!

43. Yurt's Avatar Yurt
    Backup
    Just played my first competitive match as AFC Wimbledon, lost 4-3 on penalties after holding Portsmouth to a 1-1 draw at home in the Capital One Cup. So unlucky! My defence and goalie were brilliant, all 7.5 ratings and above, and my midfield played really nice fluid football. The only problem was the final third, I played with two attacking wingers, a target man and a central inside forward (until he was sent off) playing off him but just wasn't creating enough chances in and around the box A tough cup match plus extra-time isn't the most convenient way to start the season, but at least I've seen this last problem that needs tweaking before the league kicks off. Thoroughly enjoying this year's game so far!!
    Last edited by Yurt; 20/10/2012 at 09:23 PM.

44. Playing as Liverpool, agreed it does seem harder but I got a absolutely amazing result against man city It's the start I feel

Season so far?-man-city-v-liverpool_-overview.png

45. Playing with Plymouth (as also in FM2012) but it is harder this season. Most of the good players I had previously are gone or doing less well and it's been a struggle in the preseason already.

46. swansea r good got 7 million but need another striker got any ideas

47. Quote Originally Posted by Ched View Post
    swansea r good got 7 million but need another striker got any ideas
    Charlie Austin from Burnley is awesome! dont know if you would get him for 7 million tho

48. Cheers thought of Gary Hooper bidding for him at the moment hopefully he might sign if not more sugestions would be great

49. just won the league with wimbeldon on first season, still have 1 game to play tho, il upload a few screenies once i play the next game

50. Quote Originally Posted by Ched View Post
    swansea r good got 7 million but need another striker got any ideas
    try ademilson from sao paulo, hes got a low release clause!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO