Like Tree155Likes

Post Your Successes

1. Post Your Successes

Exactly the same as every other year. Post any successes you have here.

So far, this has been my biggest win

Post Your Successes-havant-w-v-sutton-utd_-overview.png

2. I bet Liverpool 7-0 at Old Trafford and since then havent won a Premier League match, Losing 5 and drawing 3, man this game is hard.

3. this is my biggest so far.. against Arsenal.. am playing the challenge: you cant win with kids. Screenshot by Lightshot
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Your Successes-man-utd-v-arsenal_-post-match.png  
    Last edited by zizunola; 21/10/2012 at 09:51 AM.

4. it's not hard, it's impossible. either the entire game is flawed or something is bugging. there is no way you should be losing with 5 goals to teams like reading, norwich and reading as arsenal and united. no matter what tactic you're using or how new and undrilled it is.
    Khalaf likes this.

5. I did a full season with Barcelona, winning the Spanish Super Cup and League (with 99 points, only losing one game). Lost in the final of spanish cup and knocked out of Euro Champs though.

My best result with Barcelona is a 5-0 victory over Real Madrid, lol.
    EndaDC likes this.

6. Came top with Brighton including a 2-1 over Man City in the FA cup.Post Your Successes-screen-shot-2012-10-20-01.37.22.png
    turtleiow likes this.

7. Quote Originally Posted by AlastairRyan View Post
    Came top with Brighton including a 2-1 over Man City in the FA cup.Attachment 279578
    Hey im having a crack with portsmouth just for a challenge, couldnt tell me what tactic your using could you? ive tried so many and they all fail!

8. Quote Originally Posted by mrhommie View Post
    Hey im having a crack with portsmouth just for a challenge, couldnt tell me what tactic your using could you? ive tried so many and they all fail!
    I used a 4-1-4-1 tactic, but that's only because we have mainly attacking players.

9. first season with wimbeldon, doing decent so far very few signings aswell
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Your Successes-afc-wimbledon_-overview-2.png   Post Your Successes-npower-league-2_-profile.png  

10. coming back from 2-1 to win 3-2 with my custom made tactic switch on 85 minute with 2 wide inside forwards making runs into box.

thats all i got, i get smashed every other game

11. Quote Originally Posted by KarlBr View Post
    it's not hard, it's impossible. either the entire game is flawed or something is bugging. there is no way you should be losing with 5 goals to teams like reading, norwich and reading as arsenal and united. no matter what tactic you're using or how new and undrilled it is.

arsenal just lost to norwich on weekend bro
    GlenYid and jozzy98 like this.

12. Just got promoted with Middlesbrough to the PL in the first year of trying. Now getting players in to get ready for the battle.

Will post screens when I get round to it.

13. Quote Originally Posted by KarlBr View Post
    it's not hard, it's impossible. either the entire game is flawed or something is bugging. there is no way you should be losing with 5 goals to teams like reading, norwich and reading as arsenal and united. no matter what tactic you're using or how new and undrilled it is.
    Very true there.. am sure its a bug.. pls report it to the SI forums.. i was also easily beated 7-2 by reading & i was like WTF!

14. Biggest win: Liverpool 7-0 United

15. Post Your Successes-gers5_scum0.jpg

It might have been the easiest footy manager season I've played (Rangers in the 3rd division), but with mostly a team of crap youngsters I some how managed to skelp Celtic 5-0 in the Scottish cup quarter final.

I never got any stupidly large scores, 6-0 I think was the biggest.

16. Promoted in the first season with Wolves finishing 2nd behind Birmingham. Tougher than I thought lost 10 on the way.

17. Won the 3rd Division with Rangers on 100 points and the League cup with mostly youngsters and doing the same in the second. Might be easy some may think but a few folks seem to be struggling to get out the 3rd (including McCoist : ))

18. Whenever a new FM comes out I spend a couple seasons playing as my beloved United and although its not a huge achievement I won the Champions League the quickest I ever have on a first FM save by winning in the second season .

Post Your Successes-european-champions-cup_-matches-results.png
    hdhillon2 likes this.

19. just started second season with man u! first season i won league cup + fa cup semi's of champs league and 2nd too city in the league BOOOOOO! signed gaitan kvist makeev sold evra evans nani and carrick first season transfers. second season sold vidic welbeck young cleverly, rio scholes giggs let go. i signed neymar bale abate....scoring goals for fun starting 11 is de gea rafael/abate jones/keane smalling makeev/fabio fletcher/petrucci kvist/kagawa valencia/bale neymar/gaitan rooney rvp/hernandez

First season after the patch updated and ive finally won the prem! neymar top goalscorer 25 in the league, Transfers ive sold makeev,keane's, kagawa and hernandez 5 players for 40 mill not bad. Just bought leandro damiao for 29 mill looks great so far
    Last edited by walters7; 01/11/2012 at 08:18 PM.
    JonoMUFC likes this.

20. 38 games in, in Blackburn save. Everything was falling apart, was in freefall...now on 4 game winning streak. Was 10+ points off playoff places, but now thanks to a Rhodes/Goodwillie partnership suddenly on fire only 4 points of playoffs (with Goodwillie scoring 23 in 30 with 4 assists-and 6 goals in past 3). Not much of a success it may sound, but with the clubs finances dire, unable to buy anyone, having to rely on reserves, loans, player unrest, extremely unhappy board, injuries (6 first teamers at one point), extremely unhappy fans, and the club becoming more unstable on a daily basis, I consider it to be a successful run.

And if anyones interested am posting things as they happen on twitter @evertonian2012

21. 7-0 Against Ac Milan at home , after i lost the 1st game 2-1 with them ( UCL groups ) And finaly , i found a working tactic for PSG ... this is my 3rd try , after geting fired 2 times
    Post Your Successes-2012-10-24_00002.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Your Successes-2012-10-24_00003.jpg  

22. Quote Originally Posted by SharkAt View Post
    7-0 Against Ac Milan at home , after i lost the 1st game 2-1 with them ( UCL groups ) And finaly , i found a working tactic for PSG ... this is my 3rd try , after geting fired 2 times
    Attachment 279919

Please show me your tactic! Have been looking for one that works with PSG

23. Ride The Walrus's Avatar Ride The WalrusPremium Member
    A pretty cool guy.
    Came from 3-0, then 4-1 down in order to win 5-4 with St Johnstone in the derby with Dundee Utd. Hell of a match, Craig Beattie with a hattrick. Also got into the europa league groups, won our three ties vs Crusaders, Maritimo, and some Slovak team.

24. This is my tactic.
    Post Your Successes-2012-10-25_00002.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Your Successes-2012-10-25_00001.jpg  

25. Had an excellent first season with Celtic, won the treble of SPL, League Cup and Scottish Cup while reaching the semi-finals of the Champions League! Beating Benfica, Galatasaray, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich and Malaga before losing to Man City, biggest win was a 6-0 V Dundee but I remember beating Madrid 4-2 and Bayern 4-1 at home the best!
    malhar likes this.

26. Yurt's Avatar Yurt
    Backup
    Just finished first season with Stoke, came 8th, missing out on EC place on goals scored! Overall though am delighted with this result.
    Post Your Successes-english-premier-division_-overview-stages.png

27. Just won the scotish third division with rangers only team i know in that league so made this pretty easy am going to try and win every competation with them till i move to a new club

Results

Post Your Successes-rangers_-fixtures-schedule.pngPost Your Successes-rangers_-fixtures-schedule-2.png

League table

Post Your Successes-scottish-third-division_-overview-stages.png

striker stats

Post Your Successes-francisco-sandaza_-overview-profile.pngPost Your Successes-kal-naismith_-overview-profile.png

Overall i am pleased on my first season at rangers i hope next season we will do much better in the cups would be nice to win the main cup and promotion
    Last edited by Trophy_Whorder; 02/11/2012 at 06:47 PM.

28. Just finished my second season as Manchester United. First season won the Premiership, second season, won the league on the last day of the season with Chelsea fighting for it, took on Arsenal and won in the FA Cup final, and then the big test against Barcelona in the Champions League - 1-0 up throughout until Messi (typically) made it 1-1 in the 93rd minutes... Vidic scored in ET to take that crown as well.

Man Utd of old with a few signings of youngster Inigo Martinez, Gareth Bale (first season signing taking most of the budget), and Neymar who was an unhappy chappy in Brazil and Santos sold him for £25mil on the cheap before his contract ended and Fernando Llorente whose contract did at Athletic end and has been useful.

Following that success I'm raking it in with sponsorship of £127mil and a nice £80mil transfer budget for the third year!

29. Won the play offs with birmingham, finished 17th in premier league and just beat fulham 8-0 away in my third season!! success!

30. 4th place in the EPL in my first season with Swansea. Champions League, here i come!

Post Your Successes-angielska-ekstraklasa_-widok-og-lny-fazy.png
    Last edited by Melq; 03/11/2012 at 10:54 PM.
    malhar likes this.

31. Just finished 4th place with QPR in my first season of the new game. I was 2nd-3rd for 35 rounds, but a horrible run at the end of the season left me struggling for points.

Just started the second season beating PSV on the away goal rule (1-1 in Holland, Bosingwa scoring in injury time ) to reach the Champions League group stage so very happy making it this far after just one season. I dont follow QPR in real life, but I wanted to play with a relegation candidate and was immediately impressed by the squad. Players like Granero, Djibril Cisse (top scorer in Premier League, netting around 30 goals, and he won the Golden Boot as well), Stephane Mbia, Bosingwa, Ji-Sung Park, Alejandro Faurlin and Julio Cesar are all good enough to play in the Champions League. Needless to say, even though the media predicts a 15th place for QPR and the board just wants you to survive in the EPL, relegation is not an issue with players like this.

I have signed Taye Taiwo, Karim Ait Fana (only player signed in the first season, had to sell Taarabt in January, as the finances are crap), Ciaran Clark, Vladimir Weiss as well as season loan deals for Alexander Buttner and Andy Carroll (scored in the first game, got sent off after 5 minutes in the next.. wtf..)

Post Your Successes-qpr.jpg

32. Yes I did it Won the league first season with QPR by 8 points! Got a really successful tactic. Didn't make any signings other than a few loans to add depth to the first team - Ayila Yussef and Jose Callejon, Marco Verratti in January. As well as John Mensah on a free. Here's a screen shot:

Post Your Successes-english-premier-division_-overview-stages-3.png

33. Quote Originally Posted by Melq View Post
    4th place in the EPL in my first season with Swansea. Champions League, here i come!

Attachment 281034
    What tactic are you using.Nothing seems to work for me I'm 3 matches into the league and lost all of them 1-0,5-0,3-0

34. Quote Originally Posted by seanhrfc View Post
    Yes I did it Won the league first season with QPR by 8 points! Got a really successful tactic. Didn't make any signings other than a few loans to add depth to the first team - Ayila Yussef and Jose Callejon, Marco Verratti in January. As well as John Mensah on a free. Here's a screen shot:

Attachment 281123

Wow, and I thought my 4th place was good! Getting Callejon on loan was a great signing, mate.

35. Yes Callejon was a great signing! Think I'm onto a winner with the tactics, done a lot of trial and error with QPR on the demo and the full game, testing half seasons. Had some that have done reasonably well (8th/9th at mid point) and some that have failed (hovering just above relegation zone) but this seems to have have hit it

Mbia has been quality, Cisse scoring goals, Granero with most assists in the league, and players like Taraabt, Callejon and Hoilett all performing well and notching a decent amount of goals.

Madness I missed this one out, got in Hargreaves on a free, and he's been running the show in midfield. Scored a fair few, though all free kicks and penalties.

I will be putting this game on hold for the minute as I try out my tactics with other teams to see how they do but I will be coming back to it thats for sure.

36. Quote Originally Posted by seanhrfc View Post
    Yes Callejon was a great signing! Think I'm onto a winner with the tactics, done a lot of trial and error with QPR on the demo and the full game, testing half seasons. Had some that have done reasonably well (8th/9th at mid point) and some that have failed (hovering just above relegation zone) but this seems to have have hit it

Mbia has been quality, Cisse scoring goals, Granero with most assists in the league, and players like Taraabt, Callejon and Hoilett all performing well and notching a decent amount of goals.

Madness I missed this one out, got in Hargreaves on a free, and he's been running the show in midfield. Scored a fair few, though all free kicks and penalties.

I will be putting this game on hold for the minute as I try out my tactics with other teams to see how they do but I will be coming back to it thats for sure.
    So whats your tactic then? care to post a link? what formation? first season premiership win is outstanding! i just about won it with Man u! and lets be honest with their squad its kinda hard not to win it

37. Mugatu, it can be found here:

Tactics: Enjoying a good start with QPR!

Will be putting something up properly onto the dowloads section after hopefully getting permission. Going to to some quick testing with other teams - a couple of higher ability teams, a lower ability team (relegation side with poor squad) and lower league for 10-15 games and see whether it just suit the team or is good all round.

38. How good is Granero! Wow! I see your tactics really suits your side and its easy to see how Heargraves can run that midfield! And he didnt struggle with injuries?

I see a lot of people are finding this game hard, I dont really agree. Even though your premiership win is a lot better than my 4th place with QPR, I think its obvious that if you want to achieve results beyond expectations in FM13 you gotta shape your tactics so that it fits the players at your disposal, and that its even more important than in FM12, wouldnt you agree?

I sold Taarabt because I was playing a flat 4-4-2 even though he was regarded a key player. Also sold Barton because I feared he would kill me at the training ground. Using the same tactics that was a success with one team at FM12 is not going to give results at FM13..

39. Quote Originally Posted by seanhrfc
    Yes I did it Won the league first season with QPR by 8 points! Got a really successful tactic. Didn't make any signings other than a few loans to add depth to the first team - Ayila Yussef and Jose Callejon, Marco Verratti in January. As well as John Mensah on a free. Here's a screen shot:
    Very impressive. Well done!

Quote Originally Posted by blaugrani
    What tactic are you using.Nothing seems to work for me I'm 3 matches into the league and lost all of them 1-0,5-0,3-0
    I was using 4-2-3-1 control, narrow & slow tempo in most games and counter-attacking 4-5-1 with deep d-line in the toughest fixtures. It was going very well, was top of the league in January, but then all of my wingers have gotten injured and everything went to shit. Now im into 2nd season, going to try 4-2-3-1 with amc's instead of wingers/inside forwards.

40. Quote Originally Posted by thomas_e View Post
    How good is Granero! Wow! I see your tactics really suits your side and its easy to see how Heargraves can run that midfield! And he didnt struggle with injuries?

I see a lot of people are finding this game hard, I dont really agree. Even though your premiership win is a lot better than my 4th place with QPR, I think its obvious that if you want to achieve results beyond expectations in FM13 you gotta shape your tactics so that it fits the players at your disposal, and that its even more important than in FM12, wouldnt you agree?

I sold Taarabt because I was playing a flat 4-4-2 even though he was regarded a key player. Also sold Barton because I feared he would kill me at the training ground. Using the same tactics that was a success with one team at FM12 is not going to give results at FM13..
    Granero is pretty good!!! I found it very hard to start with, but with persistence and knowledge I've managed to create something that has worked for me. I like it, the tactics are much more realistic....if it won't work in real life it won't work on the game! There's a few minor bugs, but I watch everything in 2D Classic so I barely notice them . I trained Taraabt to AML and he was successful there, otherwise I may have sold him myself.

Cheers Melq, I'm testing it with Man Utd and will also test it with a couple of other teams as well, maybe a real relegation team (i.e. Norwich / Reading) and a Lower League team.

41. Celticthroughandthrough88
    Ademilson just scored his 102nd goal for Celtic at the age of 21... I think this kid could be a club legend in the making!

42. My keeper hasn't done something idiotic for 3-4 games on the bounce. I count that as a success.

43. My Liverpool team just won a motherfucking game. I know, I can't believe it either. It was a Capital One Cup game against a League 1 side. I won 2-1. And afterwards, only one player "looked to switch off" after my team talk.
    spongebobbidy likes this.

44. I found a tactic that actually works!!3-2-3-1-1Steam Community :: ScreenshotI usually play Adam Matthews and Emilio Izaguirre,Best win so far was my 4-1 victory against Manchester City in the ECLSteam Community :: ScreenshotHaving problems with finding a striker who scores goals?
    Last edited by FootballManagerG0D; 05/11/2012 at 03:34 AM.

45. my success:

found him in the transfer list after first season. one of my favourite-but-never-played-under-me player.

46. Decent 1st season with Newcastle, 3rd in league and 3 decent cup runs.

Post Your Successes-2012-11-06_00001.jpg

47. 1st season won league with Newcastle, Ba 16goals Ben Arfa 16goals, Cisse 4... poor in cups though went out in 3rd round of both, got knocked out 2nd knockout round in Uefa Cup to Marseille.

48. Post Your Successes-fmtoon.png

49. Keeping a clean sheet on this awful game is success.
    TottenhamBoi90 likes this.

50. TottenhamBoi90's Avatar TottenhamBoi90
    • Standard Liege Story - A Liege of their own!
      Season 1 - Pro League Champions, Belgian Cup Runners-Up
      Season 2 - Pro League Champions, Belgian Super Cup Winners
      Season 3 - Pro League Champions, Belgian Cup Winners, Belgian Super Cup Winners
      Season 4 - Pro League Champions, Belgian Cup Winners, Belgian Super Cup Winners
      Season 5 - playing now ...
    First Team
    This is my first game on fm13 and i am still going strong.
    Started at Rotherham and hit the ground running, top of the league after 10 games by 5 points until inconsistency set in. I struggled along in the play-off spots until January where i brought some players and managed to settle the ship a bit until the end of the season where i finished in the play-offs. I got rivals Chesterfield in my play-off semi-finals and i got battered 4-0 in the 1st leg before a 2-1 win in the 2nd leg at home. A massive 6-1 defeat on aggregate to your arch rivals was a disappointing end after a hopeful season.
    I then brought really well on paper for a title challenge in the 2nd season. 4 wonderkid gems from German clubs releasing them and some more good signings to boot but i totally changed the team i had from the season before and i flopped. Bobbing along in mid-table after a few months in the season i was sacked!
    I applied for all the jobs going as i had 15 leagues playable from the big 5 countries in Europe. Many clubs laughed of interest such as Blackpool and Hoffenheim as did Swindon Town of League 1. Swindon were looking for a manager after a below-average start under Paulo Di Canio, The Italian then moved to Blackpool leaving Swindon in the lurch i think they wanted the cheap option because after a few weeks of them laughing at me they eventually approached me to take over. I accepted the offer and rejected Forest Green from the Blue Square.
    Swindon had a small squad and the 1st task was to get to January respectably and learn about the team before i could buy players. January was a let down, i couldnt find any quality and instead of buying quantity i opted to take the 19 man squad to the end of the season as i had some good players anyway and the squad was just enough to scrape a 19th place finish.
    I started my 3rd season of the game by getting rid of the players that either i didnt like or didnt want to pay their contract demands leaving the squad size at 12 at the registration window before the start of the season. I quickly brought in 3 players that added some quality so the numbers went up to 15 as i played West Ham in the Capital One Cup. I beat them on penalties and started League 1 with 2 wins before signing some more players and grabbing a few loans before the window shut.
    Im currently in January boosting the squad again and the story so far is that ive been promising in the cups and top half in League 1. Capital One Cup (2nd Round loss to Wolves), JPT (lost to League 2 side Pompey in the Qtr-finals disappointingly after being good in previous rounds) , FA Cup (lost to MK Dons in a 2nd round replay, also disappointing as they are in League 2) but after them set backs ive managed to get myself up to 4th in the League as January arrives.
    My current squad is:
    GK - Wes Foderingham, Conor Ripley, Leigh Bedwell (out on loan)
    DR - Grant Hall, Robbie Tinkler
    DC - Troy Archibald-Henville
    DC - Ben Gibson (Loan) also Joel Lynch (loan)
    DL - Jay McEverely (just sealed Adam Blakeman on loan from Bolton)
    MR - Robert Snodgrass (5 month loan just renewed to end of season), Matt Ritchie
    MC - Sebastien Lleget (West Ham guy), Stephen McGinn, Chris Baker or Barker (not sure hes regen though)
    MC - Lee Cox, Alan Navarro (couple more CMs but ive forgotten them )
    ML - Louis Thompson (regen) (Etheringham just signed from not having a club, contract til end of season)
    ST - MILES STOREY (1 star current ability smashed in 10+ goals last season and already got over 10 this season)
    ST - Andrew Williams (Goal machine), Andrew Halliday (fantastic buy, can play AML aswel, GOALS), Chris O'Grady (average so far), Ryland Turner (regen)
    Im love FM13, i love the football league and its throwing a lot at me with injuries, inconsistency, sackings and even the board didnt allow me to have a parent club until my form/squad improved (now got Man Utd parenting) but i just keep going
    (like this post) and eventually i gain a little bit more and its sensational.

Record so far ... played over 120 games, won 39%
    2 clubs, 3 manager of the month awards and the biography a little longer.
    Last edited by TottenhamBoi90; 08/11/2012 at 05:19 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO