Like Tree23Likes

Director Of Football
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

1. Director Of Football

I was just wondering what this role actually was used for and what attributes a good director of football has. Also does anyone have any good experiences with anyone so far?

2. I would say adaptability if they are foreign, also that they share a similar philosophy to you in terms of tactics. Then I would say just as you would judge a scout high attributes in judging ability. Determination might then help with negotiations.

I have Eric Cantona at the moment and he has signed a few decent players for my Rangers team SD2 and also signed Salgado in SD3 before the embargo was put on!

3. I would say Man Management is probably the most important stat.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Aannddyy View Post
    I would say Man Management is probably the most important stat.
    Why would man management matter per say? The DOF has no direct involvement in that area.

5. Quote Originally Posted by grantjb View Post
    Why would man management matter per say? The DOF has no direct involvement in that area.
    Their main role is to negotiate transfers (with other managers & directors) and to negotiate contracts with players. IMO, that's man management.
    apvmoreira likes this.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Aannddyy View Post
    Their main role is to negotiate transfers (with other managers & directors) and to negotiate contracts with players. IMO, that's man management.
    Yeah I see but man management is more to do with the management of a squad of players, when they say Ferguson is a good man manager they mean he is good at managing a squad not good at dealing with contracts (most of which is left to directors anyway) but i suppose being good in all areas is a bonus.

7. Ride The Walrus's Avatar Ride The WalrusPremium Member
    Liverpool A pretty cool guy.
    I'm looking for one, with my St. Johnstone... Proper want Didi Hamann

8. If you hire and DOF, you dont get to negotiate player contracts, and buy players?
    And does he make realistic transfer offers/ contract offers?

9. I would never hire a director of football! negotiating contracts etc is one of the main parts of the game.. I do everything myself (as in life) as its then done properly!

10. Quote Originally Posted by inky#22 View Post
    If you hire and DOF, you dont get to negotiate player contracts, and buy players?
    And does he make realistic transfer offers/ contract offers?
    You can if you want to, but what's the point in hiring a DOF if you want to buy players yourself?

Basically, you can set a list of targets for him to go after.. You put them in order of who you want the most, you can also set a maximum bid. But if you leave the DOF to their own devices they are generally shite and try to find you terrible players in positions that you already have cover for.. i.e My DOF at Liverpool was trying to buy me Zuniga for £12m? Right.

They are good if you want your DOF to chase your targets because you CBA but if you're expecting them to uncover great talents and offer excellent contracts, better stick to doing it yourself.
    Raikan007 and inky#22 like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast