Like Tree18Likes

Is the beta any good?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  1. Is the beta any good?

    I'm not sure whether to pre-order the game to get the beta or not. So pretty much, should I pre-order it and get the beta?

  2. I would like to tell you the truth, but apparently anything but singing praise to SI and their infallible FM series, gets either locked or condemned (in most cases both). Pathetic.

  3. Don't so foolish. There's nothing wrong with giving an opinion but the thread started to turn silly. that's why it got closed.

    but back on topic there are some bugs and issues (most noticeably the crossing bug and gk issues) but they are being worked on as it's still a raw product. If you're unsure wait until demo then decide. I'm enjoying it, and I know of quite a few people who are enjoying it also. Some issues seem to be affecting more people than others

  4. if you love fm get it if you can wait till nov 2nd then just wait. there is a few bugs but i am enjoying the beta even fo its hard finished 15th first season with qpr now 12th 20games into the 2nd season as for crossing bug didnt notice it as i use commentery only. never been a fan of the 3d prefer it old school lol

  5. I like it a lot. There are bugs and people moaning about them but that was always going to happen with the public being allowed to play a beta version of the game.

    If you're getting the game anyway on the 2nd of November I don't really see much of a disadvantage to just going ahead and pre-ordering and getting to play the game early.
    melv89 likes this.

  6. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Its a beta. If you have done any beta testing before you will know what to expect. If not, its very rough in areas, still very buggy as they do fixes etc, its extremely promising but very rough round the edges. Some areas are still partly broken. This is not a polished playable performance, so that is what you are expecting, it is not for you, wait for the demo instead. You are basically a tester if you play the BETA, which is actually what they want, so if that appeals to you then go for it. If not, wait till the demo for a better take on the game.
    Last edited by Mike.; 23/10/2012 at 07:08 PM.

  7. Its buggy (Its Beta obviously) but I've still found it fun, mostly because I'm tired of FM 2012. Playing the Beta is good also because of how there is a number of changes that make any bugs tolerable imo.

  8. When the demo comes out will they update the beta? I know it'll only of been a week since the beta came out but there could be some small changes.
    Last edited by fonesters; 23/10/2012 at 07:15 PM.

  9. When will the demo come out exactly? Wasn't it supposed to come out two weeks before the full release?

  10. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by frakkland View Post
    When will the demo come out exactly? Wasn't it supposed to come out two weeks before the full release?
    one week. but this is where they have a mistake imo. There has been very little fanfare about the demo. Most people dont even know there is one, and assume the beta is the demo. It's not at all.

  11. The beta is solid and they have definately put in alot of effort !!!!, but it does have one game breaking bug which has been duly noted on SI forums which is the crossing bug in which the player runs with the ball to cross and someone is there on the farpost to finish it. Another bug for some awkward reason people complaining about high pass completion rate.
    Last edited by bdare; 23/10/2012 at 07:27 PM.

  12. I'm enjoying it a lot!

    Currently I'm in my 2nd season with Gladbach, I currently sit 1st in March after finishing 4th last season. As well, I'm also in the QF of the Europa League. I'd browsed through the forums and taken note of a few bugs that have been affecting other people a lot, for instance the over successful back post crossing, but I don't seem to have any problems, my game has crashed a few times around the transfer deadline days due to my big database...

    It's definitely worth the buy, because after all the save does carry over when the retail version releases, and this is quality time to practice for Network games and get familiar with the games new features.

    Edit: Looking at badre's comment, I should also say although I do have a 4-3-3 I made myself, and it's generally passing oriented, I do have an unusually high passing completion. At first their passing blew dick, but after training them in that formation throughout pre-season they became competent very quickly by the beginning of the season.
    Last edited by KaoticKarma; 23/10/2012 at 07:37 PM.

  13. The Beta is awful. Ridiculously buggy and laggy (And its not my laptop). Regret pre-ordering wait till the full release because playing the beta is pointless. Loved FM 12 but getting annoyed with FM13 and with the obvious bugs that should be sorted out!
    CDX89treme and darnell like this.

  14. Dont bother wait til the full game is out you will probably get on better with the Demo than with the Beta...

    Like any beta edition it is full of bugs/problems/issues...

  15. Is the beta any good? Well it's different. I'm still adjusting to the new interface. It's still a great footie management game but people don't like change so there's bound to be a lot of negativity. If you are going to buy the game anyway why not try it now? I'm glad I did.

  16. Yeah i love it, be even better when the FULL version is out. The only thing that p*sses me off is too many goals conceded, like for instance, im man city against southampton, 19 minutes gone and they are 4-0 up! The end result was 5-0, like that would happen!!
    darnell likes this.

  17. I' like it, but i only order to get a jump on the new layout etc so i can hit the ground running on the new one, i doubt i'll continue any game i've started on the beta into the full game.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by Nazmul1996 View Post
    The Beta is awful. Ridiculously buggy and laggy (And its not my laptop). Regret pre-ordering wait till the full release because playing the beta is pointless. Loved FM 12 but getting annoyed with FM13 and with the obvious bugs that should be sorted out!
    The point of the BETA is to play and REPORT bugs. If you pre-ordered to get the beta and expected a fully polished game then you are mistaken amigo. Coincidentally have you actually reported any of the bugs you have found to SI???
    hazza74 and apvmoreira like this.

  19. Quote Originally Posted by W4NKER View Post
    Coincidentally have you actually reported any of the bugs you have found to SI???
    I very much doubt it, people make me laugh expecting everything hunky dory, THINK YOURSELF LUCKY YOU ARE EVEN PLAYING THE BETA.

  20. Quote Originally Posted by Aannddyy View Post
    I doubt they will update the BETA. But I would imagine the demo would be a different version than the BETA, meaning it should be a bit less buggy, for obvious reasons.
    The Beta will be updated when the demo is released.
    fonesters likes this.

  21. Quote Originally Posted by Dunc View Post
    The Beta will be updated when the demo is released.
    Awh, sweet.
    Dunc likes this.

  22. It's good, but some problems with the match engine, everything else is good and it should all be fixed soon enough hopefully. If you get the beta, i wouldnt recomend starting your main save. Im just doing a game with Man U to get used to it.

  23. Its good but I do have one problem, it might just be me but all can access for the matches is that I get the 2d classic pitch or 3d pitch. Is it possible to get the newer 2d pitch?

  24. Quote Originally Posted by Dunc View Post
    The Beta will be updated when the demo is released.
    Will you have to start a new game in the beta to see the changes or will they apply to current saves?

  25. Quote Originally Posted by fonesters View Post
    Will you have to start a new game in the beta to see the changes or will they apply to current saves?
    No idea.

  26. Thanks, 2 questions though
    1) Does the GK and crossing bugs break the game.
    2) Can you continue the save to the full game
    Thanks in advance

  27. Quote Originally Posted by Little_Alexander View Post
    Thanks, 2 questions though
    1) Does the GK and crossing bugs break the game.
    2) Can you continue the save to the full game
    Thanks in advance
    1) I wouldn't say they "break" the game, but you might get frustrated at how easily you'll concede goals. However, the crossing bug will also work to your advantage.
    2) I'm pretty sure I've read somewhere that you'll be able to carry on your save when the full game is released.

  28. Important Info Re: Bugs

    Next match engine update, fixes so far...( updated 24th October )
    With all the ( mostly ) excellent constructive feedback I thought it might be worthwhile sharing what is fixed so far for the next ME update.....I'll update this as we go. Obviously there are some issues reported in this forum that won't be fixed for the next update but a later one, as there are only so many changes we can make without unbalancing things and having no time to rebalance. The most important thing for us is that come release day, we have improved upon the beta version.

    Match v1302
    -----------

    - Fixed bug where keeper would not prevent team mate's poor control from becoming an own goal
    - Fixed one more example of keeper not controlling a backpass
    - Fixed players kicking off not always facing correct direction at start of 2nd half
    - Fixed AI teams not always setting one central midfielder to a defensive duty
    - Improved marking of player running with ball
    - Some ball physics collision fixes including the "hole in the net"
    - Reduced shots from tight angles

    Match v1303
    -----------

    - Fixed players going for the same ball and both avoiding each other leaving ball loose
    - Improved keepers at point blank range slightly
    - Improved keeper judgement coming for ball or making save
    - Improved angle of non held keeper save
    - More last ditch challenges/interceptions in danger area
    - Improved defender positioning in own area
    - Improved player reactions to loose ball
    - Made players in space more likely to try to turn to face opposition goal when on ball
    - Increased use of high risk high reward passes in dangerous areas
    - Fine tuned general pass choice
    - Fixed unrealistic clearances towards own goal

    Match v1304
    -----------

    - Midfields shifting across slightly more when defending
    - Tweak to defensive reactions
    - Reduced potential instances of wild clearances behind own goal
    - Toned down some risky passes slightly from 1303

    Match v1305
    -----------
    - Fix to stop "ghost" goals ( where ball goes in but goal kick given )


    From SI
    Bushkin and apvmoreira like this.

  29. Quote Originally Posted by ajt09 View Post
    Important Info Re: Bugs

    Next match engine update, fixes so far...( updated 24th October )
    With all the ( mostly ) excellent constructive feedback I thought it might be worthwhile sharing what is fixed so far for the next ME update.....I'll update this as we go. Obviously there are some issues reported in this forum that won't be fixed for the next update but a later one, as there are only so many changes we can make without unbalancing things and having no time to rebalance. The most important thing for us is that come release day, we have improved upon the beta version.

    Match v1302
    -----------

    - Fixed bug where keeper would not prevent team mate's poor control from becoming an own goal
    - Fixed one more example of keeper not controlling a backpass
    - Fixed players kicking off not always facing correct direction at start of 2nd half
    - Fixed AI teams not always setting one central midfielder to a defensive duty
    - Improved marking of player running with ball
    - Some ball physics collision fixes including the "hole in the net"
    - Reduced shots from tight angles

    Match v1303
    -----------

    - Fixed players going for the same ball and both avoiding each other leaving ball loose
    - Improved keepers at point blank range slightly
    - Improved keeper judgement coming for ball or making save
    - Improved angle of non held keeper save
    - More last ditch challenges/interceptions in danger area
    - Improved defender positioning in own area
    - Improved player reactions to loose ball
    - Made players in space more likely to try to turn to face opposition goal when on ball
    - Increased use of high risk high reward passes in dangerous areas
    - Fine tuned general pass choice
    - Fixed unrealistic clearances towards own goal

    Match v1304
    -----------

    - Midfields shifting across slightly more when defending
    - Tweak to defensive reactions
    - Reduced potential instances of wild clearances behind own goal
    - Toned down some risky passes slightly from 1303

    Match v1305
    -----------
    - Fix to stop "ghost" goals ( where ball goes in but goal kick given )


    From SI
    Beta purpose achieved.

    I play other games that have numerous bugs and receive updates and patches every week. The game was released after a Beta, and things where changed during Beta, so the payed game works properly. If we didn't had a Beta, do you prefer to pay for a bugged game?

    People, just be patient. If you never tried a Beta, now it's a good time to Google it, and see its purpose.

  30. Quote Originally Posted by ajt09 View Post
    Important Info Re: Bugs

    Next match engine update, fixes so far... The most important thing for

    Match v1302
    -----

    -
    - Improved marking of player running with ball


    Match v1303
    -----------

    - Fixed players going for the same ball and both avoiding each other leaving ball loose
    -
    - Improved keeper judgement coming for ball or making save

    - More last ditch challenges/interceptions in danger area
    - Improved defender positioning in own area

    - Tweak to defensive reactions



    From SI
    Looks good/

    For those Looking for the " crossing bug" fixes, these changes above should effect that.

  31. Quote Originally Posted by TheBetterHalf View Post
    Looks good/

    For those Looking for the " crossing bug" fixes, these changes above should effect that.
    Sure does. Makes a mockery of the "sack the SI staff" comments. Quite tempted to start working on some tactics....

  32. Quote Originally Posted by ajt09 View Post
    Makes a mockery of the "sack the SI staff" comments.

  33. Quote Originally Posted by Dunc View Post
    Don't worry young chap. They were pwned by godcubed words of doom lol. And pretty much the sensible folk on here

  34. Yes I have and obvious bugs should be sorted out by SI very amateur of them this year! with the bugs. Like FM 2011 with the transfer bug at the beginning

  35. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazmul1996 View Post
    Yes I have and obvious bugs should be sorted out by SI very amateur of them this year! with the bugs. Like FM 2011 with the transfer bug at the beginning
    They are being sorted. Whats your point? We are playing old code, they have gained lots of info from it, and are fixing lots of bugs as we speak.

    Cant see how you can call it amateur.

  36. Quote Originally Posted by Nazmul1996 View Post
    Yes I have and obvious bugs should be sorted out by SI very amateur of them this year! with the bugs. Like FM 2011 with the transfer bug at the beginning
    It's. A. Beta. It isn't the full game or even a demo. There are going to be problems, and if you took the time to actually read through the thread, or even just the previous page, you'd see a post made around an hour ago that confirms that the bugs are actually going to be fixed. Quelle surprise!
    Mike. likes this.

  37. Hope they gonna fix this problems in the demo, if not- there`s no point in downloading the demo.

  38. Quote Originally Posted by crusho79 View Post
    Hope they gonna fix this problems in the demo, if not- there`s no point in downloading the demo.
    Might still be à good idea to download it to make your own opinion about the game.

  39. Quote Originally Posted by ajt09 View Post
    Important Info Re: Bugs

    Next match engine update, fixes so far...( updated 24th October )
    With all the ( mostly ) excellent constructive feedback I thought it might be worthwhile sharing what is fixed so far for the next ME update.....I'll update this as we go. Obviously there are some issues reported in this forum that won't be fixed for the next update but a later one, as there are only so many changes we can make without unbalancing things and having no time to rebalance. The most important thing for us is that come release day, we have improved upon the beta version.

    Match v1302
    -----------

    - Fixed bug where keeper would not prevent team mate's poor control from becoming an own goal
    - Fixed one more example of keeper not controlling a backpass
    - Fixed players kicking off not always facing correct direction at start of 2nd half
    - Fixed AI teams not always setting one central midfielder to a defensive duty
    - Improved marking of player running with ball
    - Some ball physics collision fixes including the "hole in the net"
    - Reduced shots from tight angles

    Match v1303
    -----------

    - Fixed players going for the same ball and both avoiding each other leaving ball loose
    - Improved keepers at point blank range slightly
    - Improved keeper judgement coming for ball or making save
    - Improved angle of non held keeper save
    - More last ditch challenges/interceptions in danger area
    - Improved defender positioning in own area
    - Improved player reactions to loose ball
    - Made players in space more likely to try to turn to face opposition goal when on ball
    - Increased use of high risk high reward passes in dangerous areas
    - Fine tuned general pass choice
    - Fixed unrealistic clearances towards own goal

    Match v1304
    -----------

    - Midfields shifting across slightly more when defending
    - Tweak to defensive reactions
    - Reduced potential instances of wild clearances behind own goal
    - Toned down some risky passes slightly from 1303

    Match v1305
    -----------
    - Fix to stop "ghost" goals ( where ball goes in but goal kick given )


    From SI

    I am sorry, when are these changes taking effect? My steam updated something after i turned it on , but i didn't notice what,i just wondering if the changes are already up and running..

  40. People should understand this is the beta, a test game, not officially the real one. It should be fixed when the full version comes out. Even though there are bugs in my game too, I am having tons of fun with it.

  41. Quote Originally Posted by Blyndreaper View Post
    I am sorry, when are these changes taking effect? My steam updated something after i turned it on , but i didn't notice what,i just wondering if the changes are already up and running..
    I haven't been able to check yet as I haven't had a pre-season match yet

  42. Quote Originally Posted by ajt09 View Post
    I haven't been able to check yet as I haven't had a pre-season match yet
    Where did you red that? SI Forums? Homepage? Thanks.

  43. Quote Originally Posted by Blyndreaper View Post
    I am sorry, when are these changes taking effect? My steam updated something after i turned it on , but i didn't notice what,i just wondering if the changes are already up and running..
    Should be seen in the demo and I believe an update for the beta, which should hopefully be out on friday
    Blyndreaper likes this.

  44. Quote Originally Posted by Blyndreaper View Post
    Where did you red that? SI Forums? Homepage? Thanks.
    yeah the link to the official SI announcement was posted on twitter. Was official as it took me to SI forums
    Last edited by ajt09; 24/10/2012 at 07:22 PM. Reason: grammar
    Blyndreaper likes this.

  45. Thank you both

  46. Quote Originally Posted by TheBetterHalf View Post
    Might still be à good idea to download it to make your own opinion about the game.
    Don`t worry about that, can`t wait to play it, heard that the demo comes out tomorrow ? 1 day earlier ?

  47. Quote Originally Posted by SCF View Post
    I would like to tell you the truth, but apparently anything but singing praise to SI and their infallible FM series, gets either locked or condemned (in most cases both). Pathetic.

    HAHAHAHA.. I just got infracted for this post. Hilarious. But thanks for proving my point. This board is a fucking joke.

  48. Well if you weren't so idiotic (as you're being again right now) and were a bit more constructive you wouldn't have been infracted. They don't hand them out freely-only to the ones who deserve them.

  49. Constructive as in mindlessly defending SI you mean? Or constructive as in posting fucking meme video's? Yeah, I see, i am the one being idiotic. Anyway, what do I care... keep on kissing eachother's asses in here.

  50. Quote Originally Posted by SCF View Post
    Constructive as in mindlessly defending SI you mean? Or constructive as in posting fucking meme video's? Yeah, I see, i am the one being idiotic. Anyway, what do I care... keep on kissing eachother's asses in here.
    Get used to it, this isn't a democracy

    *Waiting to be infracted by Mike..*
    Nazmul1996 likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO