Like Tree30Likes

anyone finding fm13 harder?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

1. anyone finding fm13 harder?

is anyone finding this generally harder? Always have inconsistent performance and is getting slightly fustrating.

2. Yup. It's more realistic now. Just how we wanted. But there probably is still a few bugs, as it's beta/demo stage so they will be ironed out
    HTFCPETE likes this.

3. Do you reckon its got anything to do with the games new and the tactics are new and arent polished off?

4. Quote Originally Posted by Tom14 View Post
    Do you reckon its got anything to do with the games new and the tactics are new and arent polished off?
    It's a case of all game demos and betas. There will some flaws somewhere, but they will get patched up. Like my Beta version was flawed at first, but then got updated and the flaws got fixed. Same with all games-patches come out to fix them.
    Tom14 likes this.

5. I dont know should I say harder or sillier.I've been playing the demo for a couple of hours and I'm quite fustrated with the AI.Defenders just seem to run around with no purpose to tackle the ball or anything even though the ball goes right past them .Also the game has been lagging time after time I mean how can FM lag when I have no problem playing fifa 13?

6. Do you think team training, team talks and man management will have a bigger effect this year?

7. Team talks have definately had a major impact for me, and man management. There's definately a lot more to pay attention to to make things work. Even future development/coaching badges.

When it comes to FIFA 13 thats more player control based gameplay than management. FIFA 13 is a completely different animal imo and thats why I prefer football manager. It's a lot more realistic.

Basically Football Manager 13 is the best one by far. It's a great game in the making
    Tom14 likes this.

8. I should add, there will be will flaws somewhere, but they will get patched up. But to be honest, the ones I've come across have been small flaws. Some people have had major crossing bugs/leading to lots of goals, but I haven't. Either way, by the end of the day it'll be a great game and well worth the wait

9. wow 3 own goals scored into a single match.this was weird

10. I go with the consensus that theyve just made it more realistic! frustrating when you your players make an easy pass back and your keeper gets nutmegged then has a fag waiting for the opposition player to tap it in but hey big mistakes do happen in real life!

i just wish the developers would make a tactic shop in the game!
    they could maybe make there own version of different tactics/styles eg Barcelona tiki taka and sell it for a nominal fee which could go to charity or line their pockets a bit!
    that way us lazy ass players can plug and play with some truly awesome tactics!

11. Or they could make you lazy ass players work harder to make successful tactics

It's not FIFA. You actually have to do what you have to do in real life-which is to read into things, and work hard to make a successful tactic. Like me. I'm going to be studying hard to go into a FA course in management. It's not a case of putting this player here, putting that tactic there you have to do EVERYTHING. Just as I would expect in the FA course I want to do to go into management. If you want your money's worth, you have to put the equal amount of effort into it. Just like real life
    Last edited by ajt09; 27/10/2012 at 01:53 AM.

12. I agree with what's basically been said. In FIFA, you control the players, so whether you win or lose is down to whether or not you're good at FIFA. But in FM, it's down to finding the right tactic that works for you and gets the best out of your team.

13. Quote Originally Posted by ajt09 View Post
    Or they could make you lazy ass players work harder to make successful tactics

It's not FIFA. You actually have to do what you have to do in real life-which is to read into things, and work hard to make a successful tactic. Like me. I'm going to be studying hard to go into a FA course in management. It's not a case of putting this player here, putting that tactic there you have to do EVERYTHING. Just as I would expect in the FA course I want to do to go into management. If you want your money's worth, you have to put the equal amount of effort into it. Just like real life
    Best of luck with your course mate but i think your taking fm a tad too seriously lad.
    its a simulation and a very limited simulation at that, i assume you have done your fair share of coaching since your going for a managent course and i think youll agree that training and match tactics are unbelievable limited, not to mention no nutrition options.
    Plus if your a top manager you dont have to do EVERYTHING cant see old alex ferguson cleaning the club kit and managing prices at the bar in the stadium.
    He might overview and have the final say on pretty much everything but top managers have so much support that backroom staff are nearly as valuable as the manager!
    id even hazard a guess that if old ferguson lost Rene Meulensteen, Man u would suffer horribly both short term and long term!
    How about a tactic unlock system then? as in win three domestic leagues and unlock a classic tactic such as ajax 1971.

14. Yeah its alot harder and some people are saying thats great, but I have to disagree, its harder because the team we are managing are acting like gimps while the opposition team are masters, almost every goal I concede looks avoidable.

15. Quote Originally Posted by Mugatu View Post
    Best of luck with your course mate but i think your taking fm a tad too seriously lad.
    its a simulation and a very limited simulation at that, i assume you have done your fair share of coaching since your going for a managent course and i think youll agree that training and match tactics are unbelievable limited, not to mention no nutrition options.
    Plus if your a top manager you dont have to do EVERYTHING cant see old alex ferguson cleaning the club kit and managing prices at the bar in the stadium.
    He might overview and have the final say on pretty much everything but top managers have so much support that backroom staff are nearly as valuable as the manager!
    id even hazard a guess that if old ferguson lost Rene Meulensteen, Man u would suffer horribly both short term and long term!
    How about a tactic unlock system then? as in win three domestic leagues and unlock a classic tactic such as ajax 1971.
    Not really. Its something I've wanted to do for a while now. I've always wanted to get involved in grass roots football and have one FA certificate already. It's something I wanted to do way before I played FM lol. Wether or not I get paid just want to get involved in football, and pass on knowledge to youngsters, and maybe one day work my way up. I could just sit back and dream and do sod all about it, or get off my backside and for once do something constructive with my life. If I can't get a job, then get involved with something I can do. Don't care about money. It's the satisfaction of getting involved with something I care about passiontely.

Not having a got at you btw lol
    Emile Heskey and kewlwarez like this.

16. Definitely seems harder.

17. Quote Originally Posted by ajt09 View Post
    Not really. Its something I've wanted to do for a while now. I've always wanted to get involved in grass roots football and have one FA certificate already. It's something I wanted to do way before I played FM lol. Wether or not I get paid just want to get involved in football, and pass on knowledge to youngsters, and maybe one day work my way up. I could just sit back and dream and do sod all about it, or get off my backside and for once do something constructive with my life. If I can't get a job, then get involved with something I can do. Don't care about money. It's the satisfaction of getting involved with something I care about passiontely.

Not having a got at you btw lol
    Thats inspiring dude im doing my last year of sport and exercise science at uni and i coach regularly at grass root and have a chance to observe elite level conditioning and nutrition in football from links iv gained at uni, you will enjoy passing on knowledge and skills to the next generation! trust me its one of the most rewarding feelings ever

The world needs more people like you giving up your spare time to help and educate others!
    Best of luck again!
    ajt09 likes this.

18. Quote Originally Posted by Mugatu View Post
    Thats inspiring dude im doing my last year of sport and exercise science at uni and i coach regularly at grass root and have a chance to observe elite level conditioning and nutrition in football from links iv gained at uni, you will enjoy passing on knowledge and skills to the next generation! trust me its one of the most rewarding feelings ever

The world needs more people like you giving up your spare time to help and educate others!
    Best of luck again!
    Cheers mate. I may not have played football beyond youth club level, but I feel i have the knowledge to pass on. Grass roots is dying imo and just want to play a part in keeping it going, be it amateur level or youth. I love the sport and just want to be a part in keeping it going. Money has no part in it whatsoever-just the love of the game

19. Quote Originally Posted by J Jermyn View Post
    Yeah its alot harder and some people are saying thats great, but I have to disagree, its harder because the team we are managing are acting like gimps while the opposition team are masters, almost every goal I concede looks avoidable.
    That's right. It's harder because the game is f--- up.

The gameplay i've seen is nowhere near as intelligent as it was in 2012. Not in it's current state, anyway.

People need to know that this game is a mess, before they run out and buy it expecting something better than FM2012.

Sure they might fix everything.

Just a warning to those thinking about buying. Because between the two games, I'd currently rather play 2012.
    Nazmul1996 and J Jermyn like this.

20. Quote Originally Posted by formaggio View Post

The gameplay i've seen is nowhere near as intelligent as it was in 2012. Not in it's current state, anyway.

People need to know that this game is a mess, before they run out and buy it expecting something better than FM2012.

Just a warning to those thinking about buying. Because between the two games, I'd currently rather play 2012.
    In what way is it a mess? And before anything more gets said It's not an attack on you. People wanted it more realistic, so it is, and as it stands it's a demo. But with this one, you have to put more work into it personally. Via man management, tactics, player management....like a Football Manager.
    corach1992 and gogogo golem like this.

21. And remember some things are still to be ironed out. People wanted more realism so.....

22. Quote Originally Posted by Tyton View Post
    Definitely seems harder.
    Yeah it's harder. But it's pretty much summing up what a manager has to deal with IRL. Which is what the majority of players wanted. Obviously some parts MAY be flawed but there's going to be patches for it, but saying that there's already been updates. I say challenge accepted

23. Dude, yes its harder and yes thats more realistic but it looks worse than FM12 the gameplay is laughable at times, I know its only a beta and hopefully everything will be grand for release but it seems SI wanted to make it more challenging but to me they made it harder for all the wrong reasons like having players do stupid things and make mistakes that you would never see in reality and its impossible to keep your team happy and please dont say thats realistic, saying your delighted with your team leading 4-0 at half time against Liverpool and they all look angered? like seriously come on, I just really hope they sort it out because right now its unplayable to me and there are so many amazing new features in the game but I cant just get past the match engine.

24. Quote Originally Posted by blaugrani View Post
    wow 3 own goals scored into a single match.this was weird
    Shay Given scored 3 own goals in 1 match in FM 12 when I faced Aston Villa as Arsenal.

25. Quote Originally Posted by J Jermyn View Post
    Dude, yes its harder and yes thats more realistic but it looks worse than FM12 the gameplay is laughable at times, I know its only a beta and hopefully everything will be grand for release but it seems SI wanted to make it more challenging but to me they made it harder for all the wrong reasons like having players do stupid things and make mistakes that you would never see in reality and its impossible to keep your team happy and please dont say thats realistic, saying your delighted with your team leading 4-0 at half time against Liverpool and they all look angered? like seriously come on, I just really hope they sort it out because right now its unplayable to me and there are so many amazing new features in the game but I cant just get past the match engine.
    I'm going to be honest. Not once have I had a team talk that has angered the squad (excpet once when I briefly managed Everton in a test run where I clicked the wrong option). And when I did that Fellaini wanted to chin someone lol. But honestly, no problems at all. I always picked a talk that kept them motivated and fired up-conitnuous greens. Yes I've had inconsistenicies, but that was down to me. I didn't pay attention to player personalities+scenarios. For example, players with poor concentration doing man marking tightly-that's just a recipe for disaster. And goddam I payed the price-I was absolutely gubbed. You have to pay attention to everything-literally everything. IE if you have a team that is full of pro's and saying they are playing really well when they have a HT rating of 6.9 when 2-0 up-you don't do it. Even the weather comes into it. You have to see things as they would see it.

26. And by no means am I braggin. I jsut do things as I see it nothing more than that

27. Quote Originally Posted by formaggio View Post

I agree with you, I love all the new features and want to enjoy it but I just cant get past the match engine.

28. The game is not f---ed up. yes there will be some things a bit wrong, bit is a demo/beta. But compared to previous versions it is more challenging. You have to pay more attention to things compared to previous versions-that's what people wanted. I've had to pay more attention. I'm by no means an expert but I know now where I'm going wrong. If you cry it's f----ed up then you're in the wrong game. no offence
    corach1992 likes this.

29. I'm with ajt on this.

I'm not exactly brilliant at the game but I've not had many issues with team talks, only time I see players getting angry or not liking what's said it's usually the same one or two players that do it.
    As for the game engine I have no issues with it outside of the ones that are well known.
    GKs being unable to control a backpass, defense falling asleep when someone gets behind them down the line. Apart from those and the sometimes insanely dumb defenders passing the ball into nothing I've hardly had anything to really complain about.

30. Quote Originally Posted by ajt09 View Post
    I'm going to be honest. Not once have I had a team talk that has angered the squad (excpet once when I briefly managed Everton in a test run where I clicked the wrong option). And when I did that Fellaini wanted to chin someone lol. But honestly, no problems at all. I always picked a talk that kept them motivated and fired up-conitnuous greens. Yes I've had inconsistenicies, but that was down to me. I didn't pay attention to player personalities+scenarios. For example, players with poor concentration doing man marking tightly-that's just a recipe for disaster. And goddam I payed the price-I was absolutely gubbed. You have to pay attention to everything-literally everything. IE if you have a team that is full of pro's and saying they are playing really well when they have a HT rating of 6.9 when 2-0 up-you don't do it. Even the weather comes into it. You have to see things as they would see it.
    I dont know dude maybe me and some other guys got a bad batch of beta because if you are playing what I am there is no way you would be as positive as you are. I'll take all those half time team talks into account because I feel like one of these players are going to murder me. I've even p*ssed of Javier Hernandez? I never thought that was possible.

31. Quote Originally Posted by J Jermyn View Post
    I dont know dude maybe me and some other guys got a bad batch of beta because if you are playing what I am there is no way you would be as positive as you are. I'll take all those half time team talks into account because I feel like one of these players are going to murder me. I've even p*ssed of Javier Hernandez? I never thought that was possible.
    I really can't explain it to be hones with you. Like TJD07 said, i honestly haven't had any problems at all. I've done test runs with Premier league clubs, Championship clubs and Blue square clubs and had no problems at all. The assistant manager recommended certain things to be said, but it was obvious straight away it was the wrong thing. If you're 3-0 up and you're Blackburn against Harlepool, and your striker has a rating of 6.0 you definately don't say he's playing well lol when he's showing as "uncertain" on the assistant manager feedback thingy. Like I said though, I'm not pretending to be some grandmaster of team talks et al, I just do things as I see it

32. Quote Originally Posted by ajt09 View Post
    I really can't explain it to be hones with you. Like TJD07 said, i honestly haven't had any problems at all. I've done test runs with Premier league clubs, Championship clubs and Blue square clubs and had no problems at all. The assistant manager recommended certain things to be said, but it was obvious straight away it was the wrong thing. If you're 3-0 up and you're Blackburn against Harlepool, and your striker has a rating of 6.0 you definately don't say he's playing well lol when he's showing as "uncertain" on the assistant manager feedback thingy. Like I said though, I'm not pretending to be some grandmaster of team talks et al, I just do things as I see it
    I usually give overall team talks but if its going to have my players crying then its best to give individual team talks, cheers for the tip.

33. Quote Originally Posted by J Jermyn View Post
    I usually give overall team talks but if its going to have my players crying then its best to give individual team talks, cheers for the tip.
    Inidividual talks can be more beneificial than overall. For example, if you're 4-0 up against Man City and you're Everton (which would make me weep with joy lol), and you give an overall team talk saying basically you're happy keep up the good work in the second half, it can backfire if you don't say anything to the player who has given the most effort with the highest rating. In that situation, bearing in mind the professionalism of the squad in that situation, i would warn them not to become complacent, but at the same time, pick out the highest rated player of that half to keep up the hard work in the second half with praise. It's a case of basically balancing out the talk andadjusting to the situation accordingly. Hope that helps

34. Sometimes I muck up what I'm trying to say at times lol

35. Quote Originally Posted by ajt09 View Post
    Sometimes I muck up what I'm trying to say at times lol
    Dont we all and again cheers dude.
    ajt09 likes this.

36. Quote Originally Posted by J Jermyn View Post
    Dont we all and again cheers dude.
    Especially when distracted by star wars lol

37. The good thing is though, you'll get all sorts of advice on this forum which pretty much works. There's a lot of people who are very experienced in this sort of field so the advice is definately going to help

38. I personally am not. Last year, I was awful, usually resorting to using a downloaded tactic, but this year, I have created a 3-6-1 with Liverpool and am doing very well.

39. i lost all my preseasons, but i kept telling my team it's all about fitness and match prep, then came season time and i won 1st 3 games, barely by 1 goal each (4-3, 3-2, 2-1)

game is quite challenging with a lower ranked club

40. Quote Originally Posted by Rapyer View Post
    i lost all my preseasons, but i kept telling my team it's all about fitness and match prep, then came season time and i won 1st 3 games, barely by 1 goal each (4-3, 3-2, 2-1)

game is quite challenging with a lower ranked club
    That's pretty much what happened in my Weston Super Mare save.

41. So far the game seems really good and much harder and much more realistic. One thing that makes it more realistic is that the players makes misstakes. Whilst the "3D football emulation" is just as good( or average) as any other game, like Warcraft or Skyrim, I can understand that people find it frustrating as here, we have something real to compare it to ( unlike the movement of two-headed monsters etc). When watching à full match, you will se that the flow Of the game looks good but if playing à possession based approach, most Of these fine moves and passes wont lead to anything, hence not showing up in the highlights.

42. yea there is some annoying bugs like defenders reacting to long balls only after they bounce, no throughballs, wingers not making runs when they freely can..at least they fixed some of major bugs like corssing

43. I find it stupid. I was West Ham and clear in tenth place after 18 games.

Then all off a sudden I lost the last 20 games and got relegated. How can you go from a good first half of a season and then lose 20 in a row. I even bought a great striker in January and he only scored one goal. All my other strikers only scored a few.

Now you could say my tactics and training were to blame, but I seriously have never lost 20 in a row before and it didn't matter what I tried I just couldn't win!

44. No if anything it's easier.

45. It's f*cking impossible. Especially when you still are (and used to be) AC Milan. Can't make a good tactic to save my life ffs.

46. Same level of difficulty for me really. I take some hammering trying to sort my tactics out, but once in place can go pretty well. I'm really getting into the fmc at the moment. doing a lower league game. loving it.

47. Quote Originally Posted by Brigate Rossonere View Post
    It's f*cking impossible. Especially when you still are (and used to be) AC Milan. Can't make a good tactic to save my life ffs.
    post your game save, let me see what i can do with it to get you winning regularly again

48. I'm finding it harder personally. I liked to use the editor to give a team loads of money and pretend they got taken over by a billionaire
    Can't do that yet.

But seriously, I'm not sure if the game is harder, or tactics that we used just don't work as good. Never been much of a tactic guys so will just wait till someone uploads a good tactic so I can go back to being a noob.

49. Quote Originally Posted by krankie_frankie View Post
    I find it stupid. I was West Ham and clear in tenth place after 18 games.

Then all off a sudden I lost the last 20 games and got relegated. How can you go from a good first half of a season and then lose 20 in a row. I even bought a great striker in January and he only scored one goal. All my other strikers only scored a few.

Now you could say my tactics and training were to blame, but I seriously have never lost 20 in a row before and it didn't matter what I tried I just couldn't win!
    Blackpool were 11th on the 4th January 2011, playing some really good football. They were relegated that same season.

50. Could someone please tell me if I have to start a new save to get the beta updates or will it automatically put them on my currently saved game?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO