Like Tree103Likes

Fm13 rant!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

1. Fm13 rant!

As you all may know this years FM is by far the worst they have put out for Demo (and well of course BETA, however, that was a first and will not be taken into account)

I have been an advocate of my statement for many years, every year:

Fm13 Demo is pathetic! The match engine is appalling and the ball physics are poor as hell! There are so many bugs and flaws with the ME and the new little additions in the game just cover up the bullshit game that lies underneath!

this is by far the buggiest version of Fm to date and SI are just getting lazier and more complacent as most of us/you are prepared to buy the game on BETA and spend the money on something that is not even remotely playable! I have said it for years now that we need to make a stand against SI concerning the shit they release for us and have to wait for around 4 months before we can actually play the game properly after the 3rd official patch which is unacceptable...

You may think that I am over reacting in some way (which I may agree having only played FM13 for around 5 hours this morning) but I have been saying it for years and it is just getting worse! SI have months and months to improve upon a great game from the year before after all the fixes and patches and it should not result in them releasing a buggy, shitty demo to try and encourage new potential FM players and try and convert FIFA Manager players to the best Football simulation series on the planet.. this Demo is making me think more than twice about buying the full game on Friday! (which I am not going to actually)

I would like to try and get as many comments, likes, replies to this to send somehow to SI to get a response from them and hopefully prevent this in the future!

You may not all know me but I am an avid FM fan and have been for over a decade (well Cm included) and am an advocate for the series in general.. however this years one is appalling!

I do hope the full release is sorted out as much as humanly possible, but I cannot see that transpiring as there is so much to sort out in such a short space of time..

1) everyone lets the ball bounce! pathetic
    2) no players can defend properly! its pathetic! I always have to "outscore" the opponents!
    3) closing down and marking is appalling
    4) tackling is really bad..
    5) players are too fast! Nani runs through half the team!
    6) goalkeepers are lame then pull off INCREDIBLE saves! their positioning is pathetic!
    7) crossing is not fixed either...
    8) at least I am getting a few results together.. some people have moaned about not being able to string results together.. (I just seem to outscore them which is fine for now.. using my new Might and Magic™ 2013)
    9) it seems a bit unrealistic this year.. unless they are going for the smaller teams potentially beating the bigger teams programming etc.. Everton & Newcastle (1st & 2nd) are also a bit crazy even without Fellaini!
    10) do not like the new training addition!

Thanks for reading,

Neil
    Last edited by Raikan007; 29/10/2012 at 02:38 PM.
    Kris, Dridge118, Dihenzo and 20 others like this.

2. I like it.

You don't have to buy it.

3. I'll Sign

4. I think you should put here more detailed examples etc. etc. so everybody knows specific reasons why are you complaining and what is it about

5. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Manchester United Super Moderator
    The idea that FM isn't playable from release is a complete fallacy, except for the year when it had the massive memory leaks.

Buggy, yes, its not even finished. As they admitted, they still have a number of bugs to get through. I've racked up 90 hours on this now, while and still buggy, the scope for this is light years ahead of FM12. The potential for the match engine outstrips anything the FM12 one offered.

I mean I'm not sure what you want to prevent. Its certainly not even the buggiest, and its not even released yet. That honour goes to FM09.

I'd also like to know how they've got lazier. If that was the case. Why would they take the risk to create a new match engine? Or FMC? The ball physics actually look like real football. Rather than simulating about 65 minutes of football it simulates the full 90.

I'd rather they took the risk each year that come out with the stale non changing state that is something like FIFA.

Everyone wants changes, but no one actually puts the work in. The number of times i see a complaint about a bug, but the person doesn't report it, and then magically expects it to be fixed.

Its not perfect by any means, but the idea that they're lazy simply doesn't hold up. Most of the features in here were asked for by various members of the community.
    Last edited by Mike.; 29/10/2012 at 02:40 PM.
    debsicus, Prequel, TJD07 and 3 others like this.

6. Quote Originally Posted by jaclements View Post
    I like it.

You don't have to buy it.
    you do that mate

7. Quote Originally Posted by Mike. View Post
    The idea that FM isn't playable from release is a complete fallacy, except for the year when it had the massive memory leaks.

Buggy, yes, its not even finished. As they admitted, they still have a number of bugs to get through. I've racked up 90 hours on this now, while and still buggy, the scope for this is light years ahead of FM12. The potential for the match engine outstrips anything the FM12 one offered.

I mean I'm not sure what you want to prevent. Its certainly not even the buggiest, and its not even released yet. That honour goes to FM09.

I'd also like to know how they've got lazier. If that was the case. Why would they take the risk to create a new match engine? Or FMC? The ball physics actually look like real football. Rather than simulating about 65 minutes of football it simulates the full 90.

I'd rather they took the risk each year that come out with the stale non changing state that is something like FIFA
    its a waste of time at the moment Mike! everyone's opinions differ, yours are not always the only one

I think its the worst one they have released so far (Demo) the ME is really screwed up!

I sincerely hope SI sort it out come release day as I am really wanting to play the game properly, there are some lovely new additions to the game, however, the crux of the game which is the ME is flawed and honestly not working at all in my opinion! how can you say the ball physics are real? lol are you playing the same game as me?

8. Quote Originally Posted by Raikan007 View Post
    its a waste of time at the moment Mike! everyone's opinions differ, yours are not always the only one

I think its the worst one they have released so far (Demo) the ME is really screwed up!

I sincerely hope SI sort it out come release day as I am really wanting to play the game properly, there are some lovely new additions to the game, however, the crux of the game which is the ME is flawed and honestly not working at all in my opinion! how can you say the ball physics are real? lol are you playing the same game as me?
    Fifa 13 Career Mode is like the most enjoyable one Fifa has produced for a long time... I am enjoying it a lot so SI have their work cut out.

The demo is buggy and the ME does have some problems but I am sure it will be fixed in time for the full release. Although I won't be buying it unless I know the bugs have been fixed etc. Cos I am more than happy playing Fifa 13 Career Mode.

9. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Manchester United Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Raikan007 View Post

The ball actually hangs in the air on a windy day. FM12 had no modelling for things like wind resistance etc. FM13 does, though its still being fine tuned.

The main flaw is the defensive side needs tweaking, and the number of attempted tackles is too low, they press then oddly back off. Also defenders dally on the ball too much. i've got a number of pkms about to send in.

However it actually produces better football than fm12 did. For one you dont have to ridiculously and illogically manipulate sliders to get a decent passing game.

You say they have got complacent. But what specifically are the issues?

You say everyone has an opinion then declare it the worst one ever?

I'm just confused as to what you want to achieve.
    Prequel, Felley and gogogo golem like this.

10. i like the game but i wish the tactics would get sorted and the fact that after 10 games 3 of the top 4 in england have 1 point is a bit silly lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast