Like Tree9Likes

Is there any point?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  1. Is there any point?

    Played fm/cm for about 14years now and I cant do anything right on this years game. I read loads of negative comments on here and thought its just people moaning who cant play. But this is the 3rd time of trying a new game with Newcastle and I cant win a game.
    7 Games in and ive conceeded 14 goals. Got knocked out the Europa league knockout stage. Got beat 4-0 by a team full of 'greyed out' players. No matter what I try I shouldnt be getting hammered 0-3 at home by Southampton and them having 20+ shots at goal. In the 5 Prem Lge games Ive had 4 red cards, and tacklings not set to aggressive.
    In previous years of playing I always enjoy bringing a Lge2 team up to the premiership, and I usually do that very well. But I don't see the point in trying this year as I cant even get a very decent Newcastle team to win!!!
    Rant over
    Nazmul1996 likes this.

  2. And can I just that Teamtalks are a waste of time. Never gave 1 without people losing confidence etc. I understand Im an unknown manager but only the youngsters tend to respond well to teamtalks

  3. Have you tried using cautious tone? I too play as an unknown manager and it seems to work wonders for me.

  4. im newcastle

    as the title says im newcastle aswell been beat off wigan 1-0 and west ham 4-0 however i won in europe, iv got man marking on and always close down, no red cards yet, but i understand what ya saying its crazy hard..

  5. Melq, yes m8, tried packing midfield, playing on the counter, playing a sweeper. Im not all against the game or anything, I mean Ive spent countless hours over the years on fm. But just finding this years version unbeliavably hard. I dont like d.loading tactics or player shortlists as I feel like its cheating. But I mite have to soon just to get a win!

  6. Quote Originally Posted by Baldwin-87
    But just finding this years version unbeliavably hard. I dont like d.loading tactics or player shortlists as I feel like its cheating
    Yeah, i totally agree with this mate. It's very tough to get a win, home or away. Im playing with Swansea and i've found myself changing tactics every game just to find something that works. So far, with a fair share of luck im sitting 4th in the table, but i had some 'wonderful' results like playing my first eleven at home and losing 1-6 to Carlise in the league cup.

  7. how did you do in pre season ? did you get any good results there ? if you did look back at the formations you used and the players you played, and maybe change your training, good luck buddy.

  8. had 6 games in pre-season and won them all, playing against mostly lesser opposition though to be fair. Ive tried training, set piece creator, individual player roles in different formations.
    Gonna start again and this time things are gonna go right!
    And in this game Cabaye better get at least 1 game higher than a 7.0!

  9. Yes there is a point, its a great game and its even better trying to figure it out
    awalker14 likes this.

  10. I'm betting there's a way to beat the system. there often has been some kind of exploit in past games, be it a formation or a certain configuration of players that just seem to do the trick. Even if I do find it, I think it will ruin the game, as the idea is supposed to be realism. The thing is, I've actually coached real players, and real players can't be fit into a different system each week and succeed. You have to let them solve the puzzle on the pitch themselves, while having a structure flexible enough to deny the opponent open chances even if their formation changes. This ME seems based on the tactics used in any particular match, and whether they stack up against the opposing team's.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by r1niceboy View Post
    This ME seems based on the tactics used in any particular match, and whether they stack up against the opposing team's.
    My advice is to just play counter... I picked Cordoba in Liga Adelante they have pretty solid team Im 4th after 10 games things are going alright Id be higher only for match issues but Im happy enough...
    Iv tried to play the formations that teams struggle against but its had limited success... Iv employed a variation of tactics and formations in my 10 games my 4231 asymmetrical has evolved into a 433 control but its still not doing the job... however 4411 counter seems to do the trick most of the time so Im working on that now...

  12. SMcManus84's Avatar SMcManus84
    First Team
    By the way IMO with regards to team talks, I found that last year and this new version that you can't actually give the team talks "you" would want to if you were a real manager, instead you have to tell the players what you think they want to hear, for example if I was a real manager I'd rarely ever speak to my players cautiously or reluctantly as I'm an asertive speaker and get aggressive when people don't do what I ask, but in the game winning 2-0 HT assertively telling your players to stay focused can result in the majority of the team becoming angered and to lose focus...I mean wtf?
    I've just told you to be focused and you lose focus?
    Player scores hattrick..tell him passionately that he was very good and he will lose focus wtf?

    As someone said in a previous post cautious seems to work well even this is not what you would actually do!

  13. Quote Originally Posted by r1niceboy View Post
    I'm betting there's a way to beat the system. there often has been some kind of exploit in past games, be it a formation or a certain configuration of players that just seem to do the trick. Even if I do find it, I think it will ruin the game, as the idea is supposed to be realism. The thing is, I've actually coached real players, and real players can't be fit into a different system each week and succeed. You have to let them solve the puzzle on the pitch themselves, while having a structure flexible enough to deny the opponent open chances even if their formation changes. This ME seems based on the tactics used in any particular match, and whether they stack up against the opposing team's.
    SI already know of at least one way that is being patched.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by r1niceboy View Post
    I'm betting there's a way to beat the system. there often has been some kind of exploit in past games, be it a formation or a certain configuration of players that just seem to do the trick. Even if I do find it, I think it will ruin the game, as the idea is supposed to be realism. The thing is, I've actually coached real players, and real players can't be fit into a different system each week and succeed. You have to let them solve the puzzle on the pitch themselves, while having a structure flexible enough to deny the opponent open chances even if their formation changes. This ME seems based on the tactics used in any particular match, and whether they stack up against the opposing team's.
    this is true, solid teams dont normally use more than 3 different formations in a season, unless they cant avoid it (like injuries), i mean wtf, there is no way players would get used to an strategy if you keep changing every match..

  15. Well, the initial beta had exploits which they fixed and turned the game into a roll of the dice, and the fix of those from the beta update to the release gave us the football battletoads we have right now. I'm not holding my breath.

  16. im doing great with my toon team first season and im 1st with 9 points ahead of chelsea ba, cisse and king ben have been amazing so was cabaye untill i sold him to PSG for 30 million and what bugs me is that in the jan transfer market fat ass ashley didnt give me any money to spend has this happened to any1 else?

  17. same, i have played since champ 00/01 and always done well and had fun. on this i am on my 5th file already (3 on beta, 2 on full release) and it is just way too hard.

    i seem to start well in the first 2/3 games then just lose lose lose lose lose lose.

    tried villarreal, amazing team for adelante. struggled to stay in the top 8 and sacked it in after 39 games with a 10 loss streak.

    what have they done.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by oldgranny View Post
    same, i have played since champ 00/01 and always done well and had fun. on this i am on my 5th file already (3 on beta, 2 on full release) and it is just way too hard.

    i seem to start well in the first 2/3 games then just lose lose lose lose lose lose.

    tried villarreal, amazing team for adelante. struggled to stay in the top 8 and sacked it in after 39 games with a 10 loss streak.

    what have they done.
    Villareal are rubbish in my adelante game so I would say you performed as expected

    Im playing as Cordoba I started with a control 4231 at home and 4411 counter away... I won no games playing control or attack but I have won playing counter so naturally thats what I play now... I play a 4231 counter at home and kept the 4411 counter away... Im top of the league 2 points clear of Sporting after 20 games my only real issues is none of strikers get goals on the reg I have to rotate them to get some success...

  19. Quote Originally Posted by CDXtreme View Post
    Villareal are rubbish in my adelante game so I would say you performed as expected

    Im playing as Cordoba I started with a control 4231 at home and 4411 counter away... I won no games playing control or attack but I have won playing counter so naturally thats what I play now... I play a 4231 counter at home and kept the 4411 counter away... Im top of the league 2 points clear of Sporting after 20 games my only real issues is none of strikers get goals on the reg I have to rotate them to get some success...
    ill give counter a go on my next file, think im gonna be lille

  20. If it's conceding goals, have a go with a 3-2-2-1-2 (three centre halves, 2 wing backs, 2CMs, 1 AM, 2 FWDs). Working wonders on my Pescara save, went 10 unbeaten at the start.

  21. Quote Originally Posted by CDXtreme View Post
    my only real issues is none of strikers get goals on the reg I have to rotate them to get some success...
    That is a HUGE problem. How can you have freaking Cissé scoring in 10 of 30 matches when he's the target and has superb finishing? Or Fred, who's atm Brazilian League top scorer IRL but got only 6 goals in 20 matches. So much excitement for this...

  22. Iv got Joselu scored 7 in 13, Diaz 4 in 6, Patino 5 in 14, Rannella 4 in 11... (Im Cordoba)
    They are all in and around the same level I play Joselu he scores 3 in 4 games then doesnt score for 3 matches so I throw in Patino scored 2 in first 2 games doesnt score for 4 games drop him play ranella same again scores 2 then stops play diaz scores in first games then doesnt score... Rise and repeat...
    Im 26 games in I think top of the league largely because Iv stopped teams scoring and my MF provides goals...
    MY top scorer is the right winger Pedro hes got 8 or 9 in 23 games... Between about 6 MFs Iv got 15-20 goals and my two main CBs have 5/6 between them...

    I cant really complain things are going alright except for financial problems and my CFs frustrating me... Overall the return looks good on paper but its annoying when you watch it... Id say about 30% good performances from the strikers and 70% 6.3 and below performances except Patino he doesnt score many or assist but the team seems to find it easier to score when he plays...

  23. I'm a fm/cm addict. have been since the turn of the century. I love the game... but this year its 'unrealisticly' hard. I have tried everything i can to change the fortunes of my teams, different tactics,formations,training etc but to no avail. I have clocked up over 50 hours on the game trying to start a good file. but nothing. I play an attacking 4231 which i perfected on fm12, i used to create chance after chance whilst keeping a proud defensive record at the same time. but on this yrs version i struggle to create anything and my defence is laughable. as is my gk. After a few attempts with average clubs i started a file with Arsenal. You cant fail with Arsenal... or so i thought. P-11 W-2 D-2 L-7. Its unrealistic. Im so frustrated but glad its not just me suffering. I like the idea of making it more challenging but this is a joke and theres no way around it. When both southampton and wigan come to the Emirates and create 20 chances and win 3-0 you know somthings up. my FM brain is saying 'be patient' but what does he know, he cant win with ARSENAL! im heading back to fm12!! fini
    United_68, gknezins and HLG8 like this.

  24. Vernon Anita and Santon end up as total beasts. I'm in season 4 and both are in the running for Player of the Year.

  25. Is there any point?-davide-santon_-overview-attributes.png

  26. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by sisayz View Post
    I'm a fm/cm addict. have been since the turn of the century. I love the game... but this year its 'unrealisticly' hard. I have tried everything i can to change the fortunes of my teams, different tactics,formations,training etc but to no avail. I have clocked up over 50 hours on the game trying to start a good file. but nothing. I play an attacking 4231 which i perfected on fm12, i used to create chance after chance whilst keeping a proud defensive record at the same time. but on this yrs version i struggle to create anything and my defence is laughable. as is my gk. After a few attempts with average clubs i started a file with Arsenal. You cant fail with Arsenal... or so i thought. P-11 W-2 D-2 L-7. Its unrealistic. Im so frustrated but glad its not just me suffering. I like the idea of making it more challenging but this is a joke and theres no way around it. When both southampton and wigan come to the Emirates and create 20 chances and win 3-0 you know somthings up. my FM brain is saying 'be patient' but what does he know, he cant win with ARSENAL! im heading back to fm12!! fini
    "you cant fail with Arsenal"

    Therein lies your issue. You can and will fail, if your approach isnt up to scratch. Its late so I havent got time to expand on this point but i will show what i mean tomorrow.

  27. I'll tell you how messed up it is in this year's version. My best two players thus far BY FAR on my Arsenal save are Djourou (7.4 avg) and Chamakh (7.5 avg). Szczesny and Cazorla are almost unplayable because they are so ineffective; whether it's Szczesny dropping every cross and giving easy tap ins or Cazorla taking a long shot every time he possesses the ball (I was playing him as a DLP DM for a while too) when he isn't needlessly turning it over.

    The ME is basically unwatchable too in that every highlight is either opposition passing us off the pitch, Szcz booting the ball to nobody (with creativity set to 0 and distribution to quick throw, mind you), or the occasional half chance that usually involves a series of sideways passes and a wide/blocked long shot. It does honestly feel like no matter what instruction you put in, there's no feedback from the ME and even minnows have no problem creating CCC's. The only positive aspect I found is that Wilshere is the only player with decent touch and vision. It's also personally less appealing to watch, players look like they're on ice skates and creating chances look more like dumb luck than planning.

    I'll probably be going back to FM12 for time being, at least I feel like I have some control.

  28. not sure I feel its to hard match wise. seems ok to me. problem for me is the team talks is not working. no mather what you say they get angry, loose focus, loose moral. find it wierd that a club like sevilla(my first fast save so far) dont have any good coach, scouts etc. no head of youth. just seems wierd whit such a big club. also had a game where I couldnt substitute players and change tactics. game just seems to buggy for my taste. think I am going wait whit a "real" save until first patch

  29. Quote Originally Posted by stephensmith84 View Post
    Vernon Anita and Santon end up as total beasts. I'm in season 4 and both are in the running for Player of the Year.

    Out of interest, how do you get the best out of Anita, he is probably my only Newcastle player that struggles.

  30. What i meant by 'you cant fail with Arsenal' is that any experienced FM player with an understanding of the key attributes to a winning formula should be succesfull with Arsenal. I assure you its nothing to do with my approach hense the thousands of complaints about the defending,gking,ME etc. FM13 has problems my friend. Although i am interested on what you deem as the correct approach...? i look forward to your comment.

  31. Quote Originally Posted by Mike. View Post
    "you cant fail with Arsenal"Therein lies your issue. You can and will fail, if your approach isnt up to scratch. Its late so I havent got time to expand on this point but i will show what i mean tomorrow.
    What i meant by 'you cant fail with Arsenal' is that any experienced FM player with an understanding of the key attributes to a winning formula should be succesfull with Arsenal. I assure you its nothing to do with my approach hense the thousands of complaints about the defending,gking,ME etc. FM13 has problems my friend. Although i am interested on what you deem as the correct approach...? i look forward to your comment.

  32. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by sisayz View Post
    What i meant by 'you cant fail with Arsenal' is that any experienced FM player with an understanding of the key attributes to a winning formula should be succesfull with Arsenal. I assure you its nothing to do with my approach hense the thousands of complaints about the defending,gking,ME etc. FM13 has problems my friend. Although i am interested on what you deem as the correct approach...? i look forward to your comment.
    Actually no. Fm13 has issues, but it doesn't stop you being successful with Arsenal or any side, not by a long shot. Do not confuse Me bugs with AI logic. The bugs do not stop you having a successful game.

    Experience doesnt come into it. This game isnt FM12 or any before it, the AI is much tougher than before. If your tactical is approach is too static, or your thinking is poorer than the AI, it will shred you.

    Firsly you shouldnt be thinking about "the correct approach" there is no one way to do it.
    Rather you sit down and think how you want to attack and creat space. Who is moving through the lines? who will attempt to mve the ball arrond, who are the strike runners creating space.

    For example Arsenal. I would want Santi Cazorla as my main threat, sitting in the pocket and playing my side through. AP support, roaming, moves into channels, so he is laterally exploiting space and dragging is marker. Podolski is pure pace and excellent finishing ability, a lethal direct threat, so Inside forward attack. to make sure we still have space, I need to offset the lack of width, so I set Gibbs at full back to wing back attack, to overlap pod, while walcott is set as a winger attack, though i may manually tweak his setting. Arteta is the main supply, so dlp support, and therefore I would look to buy an aggressive mobile enforcer to play as ball winning mid/defend or central mid defend.

    That is just a small piece of logic you should be using. And thats just looking to construct an approach, not even talking dealing with the opposition, man management, motivation, dealing with weather, integrating youthing into certain games, squad coherence and balance etc
    Last edited by Mike.; 04/11/2012 at 02:41 PM.
    TJD07 and serp1 like this.

  33. Quote Originally Posted by Zzzonked View Post
    If it's conceding goals, have a go with a 3-2-2-1-2 (three centre halves, 2 wing backs, 2CMs, 1 AM, 2 FWDs). Working wonders on my Pescara save, went 10 unbeaten at the start.
    how did you set up team and player instructions screenies if you can please

  34. Quote Originally Posted by Mike. View Post
    Actually no. Fm13 has issues, but it doesnt stop being successful with Arsenal or any side, not by a long shot. Do not confuse Me bugs with AI logic. The bugs do not stop you having a successful game.

    Experience doesnt come into it. This game isnt FM12 or any before it, the AI is much tougher than before. If your tactical is approach is too static, or your thinking is poorer than the AI, it will shred you.

    Firsly you shouldnt be thinking about "the correct approach" there is no one way to do it.
    Rather you sit down and think how you want to attack and creat space. Who is moving through the lines? who will attempt to mve the ball arrond, who are the strike runners creating space.

    For example Arsenal. I would want Santi Cazorla as my main threat, sitting in the pocket and playing my side through. AP support, roaming, moves into channels, so he is laterally exploiting space and dragging is marker. Podolski is pure pace and excellent finishing ability, a lethal direct threat, so Inside forward attack. to make sure we still have space, I need to offset the lack of width, so I set gibbs at full back to wing back attack, to overlap pod, while walcott is set as a winger attack, though i may manually tweak his setting. Arteta is the mainy supply, do dlp support, and therefor I would look to buy an aggressive move enforcer to play as ball winning mid/defend or central mid defend.

    That is just a small piece of logic you should be using. And thats just looking to construct an appriach, not even talking dealing with the opposition, man management, motivation, dealing with weather, integrating youthing into certain games, squad coherence and balance etc

  35. game leaves a bad taste in my mouth atm.

    - full backs/wingers still just run the ball into the net while defenders just run along side him and the GK has no clue whatsoever
    - defenders dwelling on the ball for abnormal amounts of time only to make the single worst pass they could make - which is to gift the ball straight to the opposition which usually leads to a goal
    - player morale is such a headache to fix. ended up simming half a season to let the game take care of it because i couldn't be bothered wasting my time playing the guessing game that is team talks.
    eg. your team comes into a game with okay/poor morale and you somehow manage a win - tell them they played well to try raise their confidence a bit: half your team switches off and the other half doesnt really give a shit. what the hell.

  36. Quote Originally Posted by Mike. View Post
    Actually no. Fm13 has issues, but it doesn't stop you being successful with Arsenal or any side, not by a long shot. Do not confuse Me bugs with AI logic. The bugs do not stop you having a successful game.

    Experience doesnt come into it. This game isnt FM12 or any before it, the AI is much tougher than before. If your tactical is approach is too static, or your thinking is poorer than the AI, it will shred you.

    Firsly you shouldnt be thinking about "the correct approach" there is no one way to do it.
    Rather you sit down and think how you want to attack and creat space. Who is moving through the lines? who will attempt to mve the ball arrond, who are the strike runners creating space.

    For example Arsenal. I would want Santi Cazorla as my main threat, sitting in the pocket and playing my side through. AP support, roaming, moves into channels, so he is laterally exploiting space and dragging is marker. Podolski is pure pace and excellent finishing ability, a lethal direct threat, so Inside forward attack. to make sure we still have space, I need to offset the lack of width, so I set Gibbs at full back to wing back attack, to overlap pod, while walcott is set as a winger attack, though i may manually tweak his setting. Arteta is the main supply, so dlp support, and therefore I would look to buy an aggressive mobile enforcer to play as ball winning mid/defend or central mid defend.

    That is just a small piece of logic you should be using. And thats just looking to construct an approach, not even talking dealing with the opposition, man management, motivation, dealing with weather, integrating youthing into certain games, squad coherence and balance etc
    its all good using real life/some stats logic and transferring it into the game, but what about when that fails?

    do you just go back to FM logic which is so different to real football? i dunno if you are a developer of the game or just a mod (green name), but you defend the game so much.

    Ive never posted on fm forums before in the 12 years ive played manager (had to join the discussion on this awful edition), but you do help a lot of people out(including me) and i appreciate that, but why defend and try to prove us all wrong when we moan about that game being flawed.

    running out of options on the game tbf

  37. Quote Originally Posted by oldgranny View Post
    its all good using real life/some stats logic and transferring it into the game, but what about when that fails?

    do you just go back to FM logic which is so different to real football? i dunno if you are a developer of the game or just a mod (green name), but you defend the game so much.

    Ive never posted on fm forums before in the 12 years ive played manager (had to join the discussion on this awful edition), but you do help a lot of people out(including me) and i appreciate that, but why defend and try to prove us all wrong when we moan about that game being flawed.

    running out of options on the game tbf
    Mikes not the only one, me and a lot of others try to help people out too because honestly the ME alone isn't the issue with why people fail. Problem is whenever you try to offer advise to someone half the time they throw it in your face and get hostile.

    On the "FM logic" that was FM12 and before the new ME is a lot more realistic which is the main reason I feel people are having issues, they're used to FM12 and how things worked in that ME. Most people seem to throw out a tactic drop all their players into it and demand it works and if they don't win their next 12 games in a row the entire thing is a disaster.

  38. Quote Originally Posted by TJD07 View Post
    Mikes not the only one, me and a lot of others try to help people out too because honestly the ME alone isn't the issue with why people fail. Problem is whenever you try to offer advise to someone half the time they throw it in your face and get hostile.

    On the "FM logic" that was FM12 and before the new ME is a lot more realistic which is the main reason I feel people are having issues, they're used to FM12 and how things worked in that ME. Most people seem to throw out a tactic drop all their players into it and demand it works and if they don't win their next 12 games in a row the entire thing is a disaster.
    ive just started posting on here in the last few days, i dont know any names. just i see a lot of mike because his name stands out with the green. but yeah im sure lots of others do help out.

    lol yeah youre right, now i know the ME is messed up i do throw my dummy a little earlier than usual but i have a right as it is so bad. just hope they fix it soon.

    i love the new managers but nothing beats 01/02, now they have so much to sort out and fix we are left with a half finished game which they need to update all year (and this is every release not just this year)

  39. I seeing all these comments on how bad the game is, but i don't understand them at all, i found it to be excellent fun to play so far, second season came second after man city but nearly won it, but for a couple of games i let slip, won the captial one cup, got into semi final of FA cup lost to spurs, got to semi final of Champions League, but not disappointed as getting better and understanding of how it all works improving more each time. Soon i'll be back to my usual game of winning it all again just takes a bit of know how and effort as in real life management.

    ENDEVOUR AND PERSIVERE are my teams mantra lol.
    Last edited by jacobyte73; 04/11/2012 at 03:43 PM.

  40. I have NEVER got fired in my long FM-TCM-FIFAmanager-CM career, EVER.

    Now i'm about to, for the first time... can't wait for patches

  41. I completely agree with you in every aspect of your last post. but you would be naive to think you are the only person who knows ins and outs of the game. Im more than aware of the detailed preparation required for each tactic, player, fixture etc and you are almost describing my tactics apart from a few details. i like to play two defensive dlp's behind cazorla (ap) for more creativity? They are disciplined but both move up the pitch with the tweaked amount of creative freedom. Arsenal never really have a ball winner playing? I do like the fact you need to spend more time on each fixture than in fm12 and i am starting to have a bit more success when i spend more time on the tactics, opposition etc. But what can you do when its a warm day with full house at the Emirates with a perfect pitch prime for the Arsenal attacking possession football, playing against an weak wigan side and Although i dominate possession and am creating more chances than them, they score 3 rediculously laughable goals? and end up winning 3-0, and Vermaelen taking an age to react to a through ball and waiting for the striker to run past him first is AI logic? my tactics work fine but its like the defence dont react to anything? So to sum up im statistically outplaying the AI but still losing? AI logic or ME bugs it does NOT add up??

  42. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgranny View Post
    its all good using real life/some stats logic and transferring it into the game, but what about when that fails?

    do you just go back to FM logic which is so different to real football? i dunno if you are a developer of the game or just a mod (green name), but you defend the game so much.

    Ive never posted on fm forums before in the 12 years ive played manager (had to join the discussion on this awful edition), but you do help a lot of people out(including me) and i appreciate that, but why defend and try to prove us all wrong when we moan about that game being flawed.

    running out of options on the game tbf

    If you think what i'm saying is about defending the game, then you are missing the point completely with all due respect.

    Ive never said there are not flaws in the game. There are, without doubt. But they definitely do not totally overshadow the game or make it unplayable. If that fails, then your execution approach itself is the flaw. We have the same ME. Regardless of bug (which effect everyone) if one person is getting shredded as Arsenal, and another is dominating, chances are the former is doing something wrong.

    I dont get you mean by FM logic, Ive only ever approached the game using a coherent footballing system.
    epic terrorist likes this.

  43. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by sisayz View Post
    I completely agree with you in every aspect of your last post. but you would be naive to think you are the only person who knows ins and outs of the game. Im more than aware of the detailed preparation required for each tactic, player, fixture etc and you are almost describing my tactics apart from a few details. i like to play two defensive dlp's behind cazorla (ap) for more creativity? They are disciplined but both move up the pitch with the tweaked amount of creative freedom. Arsenal never really have a ball winner playing? I do like the fact you need to spend more time on each fixture than in fm12 and i am starting to have a bit more success when i spend more time on the tactics, opposition etc. But what can you do when its a warm day with full house at the Emirates with a perfect pitch prime for the Arsenal attacking possession football, playing against an weak wigan side and Although i dominate possession and am creating more chances than them, they score 3 rediculously laughable goals? and end up winning 3-0, and Vermaelen taking an age to react to a through ball and waiting for the striker to run past him first is AI logic? my tactics work fine but its like the defence dont react to anything? So to sum up im statistically outplaying the AI but still losing? AI logic or ME bugs it does NOT add up??
    Again dont know where said im the only one.

    Arsenal's ball winner is currently arteta (not the best thing for them right now) as a dlp defend.

    If you are losing more often than not, then I'm not sure your approach is fine. Having said that, there are still ME bugs, but Me bugs will not leaving you hanging around in 15th etc.

  44. Quote Originally Posted by QuaresmaBeast View Post
    I have NEVER got fired in my long FM-TCM-FIFAmanager-CM career, EVER.

    Now i'm about to, for the first time... can't wait for patches
    lol yep same as me, sacked as lille for the first time ever

  45. Essentially do u have to be more dynamic in the game? I've not purchased the game yet, waiting on the bugs being sorted, nor have I played the demo. But the impression I get is that the days were u found a tactic that works for ur team with little change needed depending on who u were playing throughout the season is over?

    Can I also note it's all fair and well making the game more difficult/realistic, but developers of the game must be careful they don't cross the line and make the game frustrating and deter fans from playing.

  46. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by cerberus86 View Post
    Essentially do u have to be more dynamic in the game? I've not purchased the game yet, waiting on the bugs being sorted, nor have I played the demo. But the impression I get is that the days were u found a tactic that works for ur team with little change needed depending on who u were playing throughout the season is over?

    Can I also note it's all fair and well making the game more difficult/realistic, but developers of the game must be careful they don't cross the line and make the game frustrating and deter fans from playing.
    Those days are somewhat over. Yes you have to be more dynamic. If you are in no rush to buy the game, i'd hold off till about the end of the month. Should be another patch before then

  47. The fact my keeper insists on booting it out to nobody rather than the short pass I tell him to bug me rotten
    gknezins likes this.

  48. Quote Originally Posted by Mike. View Post
    Those days are somewhat over. Yes you have to be more dynamic. If you are in no rush to buy the game, i'd hold off till about the end of the month. Should be another patch before then
    Yeah I think I'll do that, hopefully there will be a patch out ASAP, really want to play the game, but don't want to be disappointed and be disillusioned when things go wrong that it was the bugs as apposed to my bad tactics lol

  49. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by stevesteve View Post
    The fact my keeper insists on booting it out to nobody rather than the short pass I tell him to bug me rotten
    Yup still an issue there. they thought they had fixed it, keeping sending them pkms.

    This has been an annoying issue since fm12, not easy to fix

  50. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by cerberus86 View Post
    Yeah I think I'll do that, hopefully there will be a patch out ASAP, really want to play the game, but don't want to be disappointed and be disillusioned when things go wrong that it was the bugs as apposed to my bad tactics lol
    the game is in good shape now, but you can tell that one more patch would make a significant difference.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO