Hopefully this will be the first of many team guides for FM13

Name: Liverpool FC
    Founded:1892
    League: English Premier League
    Stadium: Anfield
    Capacity: 45276
    Media Prediction: 5th

Expectations

In the first season, you will get a choice of 3 expectations; Qualify for Europa League, Qualify for Champions League and Title Challenge. As you only get £1 Million extra from title challenge, I would pick Qualify for Europa as their is less pressure on you.

Expectations.......///......................./...Transfer Budget.........Wage Budget
    Qualify for Europa:///......................./£3 Million......................£1.5 Million
    Qualify for Champions league:
    ////£3.8 Million...................£1.7 Million
    Title Challenge:///............................/£4.1 Million...................£1.7 Million

Once you have sold some players though, you will have a nice amount of money to play with, but we will come to that later in the guide

Staff

Liverpool have some good staff memebers, and some pretty poor ones. Im not very good with staff, so you will have to have a look yourself, but there is one I can recommend. Terminate Colin Pascoes contract, and get in Johan Cruijff.

Key Players

Steven Gerrard:
    Liverpools captain and star player. Gerrard has excellent all-round ability, and can also play in several different positions. His best positions is attacking midfielder and can play as an advanced playmaker, attacking midfielder, insider forward and Trequartista equally well.

Luis Suarez:

The Uruguayan is another top player at Liverpool and is the chief goal getter (although he has only been given 13 finishing despite being second top scorer this season). His best position is up top as a deep lying forward or complete forward, but can also play on either wing or central attacking midfield. His dribbling ability is his best quality

Daniel Agger

Agger is Liverpool hard hitting no nonsense centre back. Like Steven Gerrard, is a very well rounded player. He does suffer from injuries though, so you must monitor his fitness carefully.

Youth Prospects

Raheem Sterling

At the age of just 17, Sterling has already become one of my favorite players at the club. The young tricky winger has already proved his ability in the first team, and has excellent potential for the future. His pace and dribbling really troubles defenders when he is playing in his natural position which is on the right wing.

Jordon Ibe

Ibe is another excellent young winger coming through the academy. His has good pace and dribbling for his age, and with the correct training and tutoring, he can become a quality player.

Transfers Out

Due to issues with the ME, I usually play with 3 at the back with every team I use, and I feel this works really well for Liverpool. They have 3 good CBs in Skrtel, Agger and Coates. The lack of full backs also means you can sell Jose Enrique and Glen Johnson who fetch a fair amount of money. The player I normally offer are:

Glen Johnson: £18.5 Million
    Offers From: Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal

Jose Enrique: £9 Million
    Offers From: Arsenal, Tottenham

Stuart Downing: £10.75 Million
    Offers From: Fulham

Doni: £1.2 Million
    Offers From: Man City

If you manage to sell all these players, you should have around £25 Million to play with. You will also receive many loan offers for your younger players. I usually accept if they are offered first team football.

Transfers In

Now that you have a bit of money to play with, now comes the fun part. Using my formation of 3-5-2, the positions I would look for are; CB, LM and ST. Some of the players I would recommend are:

Demba Ba: Excellent striker and is avaliable for just £7 Million.

Alan Dzagoev: Was labeled the Russian "Messi" in the last few version of FM. Can be picked up for free at the beginning of the game, and will join in January.

Wilifred Zaha: Continuing with Liverpools building for the future approach, Zaha is an excellent signing. For £6 Million, I think he is a bargain. He can play up top, or right midfield.

Raul Albiol: A solid signing from Real Madrid. He is available for £6.25 Million. There are several teams chasing him though, so he can sometimes prove hard to get.

Neven Subotic: A slightly more expensive option at the back, but a very good one who will improve over time. Can be picked up for around £15 Million.

Nathan Redmond: Another excellent young pacey English winger. He can play both on the right and left hand side, and I have had good results with him on the left. He can be picked up for around £5 Million

You may not be able to get all of these players, but you will probably be able to get most of them. This is what my transfers looked liked after playing:

Team Guides: Liverpool FC-liverpool_-transfers-history.png
    + Dzagoev coming in January

Tactics

I have been using one of the tactics by TheBetterHalf (I will link the tactic when I find it ). I had some excellent results when I used it with the Fm-Base team in the money bags challenge. Admittedly I should be winning all the games, but as people have been struggling this year, managing to go over 100 games unbeaten was a real achievement.

This is my line up before the opening game of the season:

A line up which I feel is fairly strong, and is also one with potential for years to come.

Training and Tutoring

In this section I will just give a quick review on what focus you should put certain players on and what new positions to train them too.

Raheem Sterling: MR, Quickness
    Joe Allen: DM
    Wilifred Zaha: Shooting (If you are going to use him as a striker), Crossing (If you are going to use him as a winger)
    Oussama Assaidi: Passing
    Fabio Borini: Composue
    Martin Kelly: Tackling

Tutoring

Steven Gerrard ---> Raheem Sterling
    Luis Suarez ---> Wilifred Zaha

Just a short guide but I hope it helps a few people. If you feel I have left anything out, feel free to comment and I will see where I can add it
    Last edited by iamauser; 09/11/2012 at 11:54 AM.

2. Think its the ATTACKING POSSESSION tactic, did ya win the league? Love the guide pretty much everything i did when i started my liverpool save! hope you make other guides

oh yeah was gna ask does tutoring help at all? never used it but thanks for the tips

3. LFCMarshall's Avatar LFCMarshall
    • Quote Originally Posted by Jamie92 View Post
      Fantastic update, seriously it's quite amazing how much time and effort you have put into this. Premierleague is 99.99% perfect IMO!
      Quote Originally Posted by peskybendben View Post
      Another phenominal update there LFC! Simply outstanding, and by far the most complete and comprehensive update on the web today! I think I speak on behalf of everyone on this forum, when I say a huge thank you for this!
    YNWA.
    Good guide, however selling Johnson and Enrique is madness espeically glen.. both very good on the game, Enrique is overrated imo!
    Scruffyuk likes this.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Mugatu View Post
    oh yeah was gna ask does tutoring help at all? never used it but thanks for the tips
    Yeah it does. you need a player with high determination to tutor a younger player with lower determination. The younger player determination will usually rise greatly. If they have better determination, they are more likely to reach their potential.

They can also pick up some of the PPMs of the tutoring player

5. Quote Originally Posted by LFCMarshall View Post
    Good guide, however selling Johnson and Enrique is madness espeically glen.. both very good on the game, Enrique is overrated imo!
    Aye, it was a tough decision, but considering the money you can get for them, I thought it was worth it. Gives you a chance to build your own squad then.

6. I got rid of Enrique but kept Johnson.

Good guide

7. Did you Tweak the tactic at all? 100 games unbeaten is awesome.... if so could you upload it please

8. nice guide iamauser who is redmond or is he a regen or a liverpool youth player could i see a screenshot mate?

9. Redmond plays for Birmingham mate

10. Decent guide, in my first season i finished 2nd a few points behind Chelski (top all season, long europa league and domestic cup runs) runners up to barca in europa league, capital one cup winners and fa cup quarter final loss to Chelski!

In my second season im coming up to March, top with Man U-shited a point behind, 1st knockout round of Champions league against Shakhtar, out of Capital One to Derby and FA cup quarter against Spurs i think) Hopefully i dont loose out at the last hurdle this season!

I've also signed Luuk De Jong 16m and Daniel Sturridge 18m absolute goal machines!!

11. Would really love a link to the tactic or a screenie of the team settings especially as I like to play Liverpool

12. Does Andy Carroll go to West Ham permanently at the end of the first season???
    Don't want to sign too many folk if I have to try and accommodate him and his wages in my squad

13. No, he comes to back to the club

14. It's quite interesting to see what's became of Liverpool in my save. In season 7 they've yet to finish in the top 10, and more years than not they win the Worst Signing of the Season award.

Too early to say if this is an accurate prognostication, but for the life of me I can't see them emerging from the mid table mediocrity that they've bought for themselves.

Getting over £17m for Johnson and over £10m for Downing is a farce though. I didn't know you could take an automatic weapon into transfer negotiations with other chairmen.

15. http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/footb...-versions.html

This was the tactic I used.

Just to clarify though, I did NOT go 100 games unbeaten with Liverpool. I went unbeaten with the Fm-base team, who get 500 odd million or something in the Blue Square South. I won both the BSS & BSP unbeaten, and I am still unbeaten in League 2.

16. Minor edit, you can actually get £18.5 Million for Johnson.

17. Quote Originally Posted by adadrobt View Post
    Decent guide, in my first season i finished 2nd a few points behind Chelski (top all season, long europa league and domestic cup runs) runners up to barca in europa league, capital one cup winners and fa cup quarter final loss to Chelski!

In my second season im coming up to March, top with Man U-shited a point behind, 1st knockout round of Champions league against Shakhtar, out of Capital One to Derby and FA cup quarter against Spurs i think) Hopefully i dont loose out at the last hurdle this season!

I've also signed Luuk De Jong 16m and Daniel Sturridge 18m absolute goal machines!!
    Did you play 3-5-2 bud? had some shocking results with it probs the other variables like training team talks and shit that makes me struggle. could you upload your tactic also a tip for the forum if you sell Kelly you can get 8 million great if your playing 3-5-2 and dont need a fb

18. How did you get those arrows on the tactics overview? Reminds me of FM10 or something, I thought they removed that option a couple years ago.
    hdhillon2 likes this.

19. Quote Originally Posted by mersk View Post
    How did you get those arrows on the tactics overview? Reminds me of FM10 or something, I thought they removed that option a couple years ago.
    Converted the tactic to classic mate

20. I see none of your midfielders and dm is natural. Does that make any difference? And also who are your wide midfielders? I'm thinking to play like that but finding good wide midfielder is quite tough!

21. The only problem I have with this tactic is that I like using Jack Robinson. He does seem to have all the necessary attributes to become a DM though. Has anyone ever retrained him in this position?

22. You didn't sold Joe cole?! . Which youngsters from liverpool academy has perform reasonably well for you??

23. Quote Originally Posted by liverboy View Post
    You didn't sold Joe cole?! . Which youngsters from liverpool academy has perform reasonably well for you??
    Adorjan is not bad

24. Promised myself I wouldn't splash the cash on massive name signing and that I would sign young quality English players like, Zaha, Butland and Ince. But when Falcao and Hazard ended up transfer listed who can blame me for getting tempted?

25. Arsenal are being cheap here I asked for £9 Mil for Jose Enrique, they're only giving me £5 Mil :/, oh well got 18.5 Mil for Johnson LOL selling him back to chelsea

26. Quote Originally Posted by Oasisist View Post
    Promised myself I wouldn't splash the cash on massive name signing and that I would sign young quality English players like, Zaha, Butland and Ince. But when Falcao and Hazard ended up transfer listed who can blame me for getting tempted?
    I will
    Always
    Blame
    YOU

27. That save got destroyed by some error

Now I've got a save where Suarez wants 185k per week and Sahin want 140k per week
    Scruffyuk likes this.

28. I got 22.5 Million for Johnson from Chelsea. I offered him to clubs for 30 mil and the offer came back as 22.5 straight cash.
    My problem is i am currently 9th in the league with -10 goal difference in December. I cant seem to find a decent tactic that works. Currently, my team looks like this:

Gk- Reina/Gordon
    RB- Jonathon/Kelly
    CB - Agger/Skrtl/Coates/Carra
    LB - Enrique
    CM - Gerrard/Sahin/Henderson/Allan
    LW - Downing/Drenthe
    AMC - Adryan/Borini
    RW - Sterling
    St - Suarez/Fierro

No one is lighting the scoreboards up at the moment and i am concerned that if i dont fix this is the Jan transfer window, i will be sacked.

Any suggestions for effective signings ?

29. I've been using the same formation, and I brought in Albiol, Zaha and Ba, and I'm close to signing Redmond, the trouble is that my team simply can't defend, they've conceded 12 goals in six games so far, and the best teams they've played is Southampton (4-4) and a weakened Lyon in a friendly (3-3). They are way to vulnerable down the wings, I can I solve this?

30. Anyone that have manage to win first season? - If yes, what did you do?

What players did you buy and play at what positions? What tactics did you use?

I cant seem to finish in top 5 and have tried 10 times now, so any suggestions/tips are mostly welcome.

31. Quote Originally Posted by vnG View Post
    Anyone that have manage to win first season? - If yes, what did you do?

What players did you buy and play at what positions? What tactics did you use?

I cant seem to finish in top 5 and have tried 10 times now, so any suggestions/tips are mostly welcome.
    I signed Lewandowski, played Sterling and Suarez as Inside forwards, Gerrard and Allen as CM, Lucas DM, Corchia (RB), Coates and Agger (CB) and Enrique (LB), also bought wellington nem as backup (sold skrtel £15mil, johnson £20mil and downing £7.5mil).

Played a lot of youngsters such as Suso, Sterling, Flanagan, Kelly, Coates, McLaughlin, Yesil and Robinson to make up for lack of squad depth!

Won the league and league cup, semi finals of Europa cup
    Scruffyuk likes this.

32. Quote Originally Posted by marksandygill View Post
    I signed Lewandowski, played Sterling and Suarez as Inside forwards, Gerrard and Allen as CM, Lucas DM, Corchia (RB), Coates and Agger (CB) and Enrique (LB), also bought wellington nem as backup (sold skrtel £15mil, johnson £20mil and downing £7.5mil).

Played a lot of youngsters such as Suso, Sterling, Flanagan, Kelly, Coates, McLaughlin, Yesil and Robinson to make up for lack of squad depth!

Won the league and league cup, semi finals of Europa cup
    How the .... did you afford Lewandowski?

What tactics are you using and do you tweak alot before each game to counter the opponent?

33. He cost £30mil, 15 up-front and 15 over 48 months (made £44mil selling Skrtel, Johnson, Downing and Doni)

I made my own tactic using the possession advice thread started by Raikan on here, at the start it was,

Reina (Gk D)
    Corchia (RB Spt) Coates (CD) Agger (CD) Enrique (LB Spt)
    Lucas (DM Defend)
    Allen (BBM Spt) Gerrard (AP Att)
    Sterling (IF Att) Suarez (IF Att)
    Lewandowski (DLF Att)
    Now (Oct 2015, 4 league titles, 2 champions league wins and a few other cups) it is,

ter Stegen (Gk D)
    Corchia (RB Spt) Coates (CD) Papadopolous (CD) Alaba (LB Spt)
    Lucas (DM Defend)
    Ayew (BBM Spt) Maher (AP Att)
    Sterling (IF Att) Oxlade (IF Att)
    Ibrahimovic (DLF Att)
    Team instructions are;
    Style: Fluid
    Strategy: Control (unless against bigger teams away when I use Counter)
    Passing: Shorter
    Creativity: More
    Closing Down: Press More
    Tackling: More Cautious
    Marking: Zonal (against 1 striker I man mark with one CB)
    Crossing: Drill
    Roaming: More
    Defensive line: 16/20
    Width: 18/20
    Tempo: 8/20
    Focus Passing: Down both flanks
    Counter Attack: Yes
    Play Offside: No

Also set all players to the same closing down (15/20), apart from the Gk which I keep quite low to keep the teams shape!

34. How much time to use on tweaking before each match to counter your opponents ect. ect.?

35. Quote Originally Posted by vnG View Post
    How much time to use on tweaking before each match to counter your opponents ect. ect.?
    Sorry forgot to say, I don't really bother, I used to but just realised you can spend ages trying to do that and it might not work anyway, aside from going to counter attack if I'm not doing well possession wise and then defensive if I'm say a goal up, away with 10 minutes left!

36. So basicly you have just created ONE winning tactic and it works?

How much thought has gone into making sure each player is fitting perfect into the position?

37. lone striker as DLF without atacking mid works good? is he scoring enough goals or inside forwards are doing most of the job?

38. 68% of the time it works all the time...

To be fair, the first season was a bit of a fluke, since then I have managed to sign good players (Alaba, Ayew, Maher, Oxlade, ter Stegen and Ibrahimovic)

They fit into the system, a solid defence with support from the flanks, Lucas covering defensively and linking defence and midfield, 2 midfielders that work hard and make a lot of forward runs, 2 fast inside forwards supporting a good striker!

39. Quote Originally Posted by halleluja View Post
    lone striker as DLF without atacking mid works good? is he scoring enough goals or inside forwards are doing most of the job?
    He is there to link the midfield (who make a lot of forward runs) and the Inside forwards provide quite a few goals and assists!
    Half way through the third season I changed him to Advanced Forward (Att) as the goals were drying up and it seems to help!

40. Quote Originally Posted by iamauser View Post
    Minor edit, you can actually get £18.5 Million for Johnson.
    I sold him to chavski for £22.5 million
    iamauser likes this.

41. Quote Originally Posted by chrislfc1976 View Post
    I sold him to chavski for £22.5 million
    Are you using LFC Marshalls new update?

42. Quote Originally Posted by iamauser View Post
    Are you using LFC Marshalls new update?
    No i haven't updated anything on my game

43. I would sell Johnson and skrtel, 20 million each to Chelsea and fulham respectively. Try to sell downing but I only managed around 5 million. With the money i signed Hummels with installments and corchia. This seemed to keep me defensively tight however reina was making mistakes in pre-season so i sold him and bought ter stegen. Other than that use your youngsters and aim for 4/5th season 1 as you don't have much of a transfer budget.

44. I have struggled to sell/buy anybody compared to what people have posted on here. I managed to get rid of Joe Cole on loan. Could not sell Downing in the summer at all. I got 6 Million for him in January. I signed Will Hughes 3 Million in summer. Paulo De Ciglie for £625,000 in January and on deadline day maxed out the funds and wages to sign Kevin Gameiro £5mill. Currently sit 4th Place in February after a very slow start things are coming together.

45. Johnson and Skrtel should sell every time if you offer to clubs for 20 million, the others are a bit more complicated to sell. I found that Kelly was enough to cover for the right back after i sold Johnson, with the 20 million you can buy Ba and wellington nem. These will cost you around 11 million to sign both. With 9 million to spare (Thats without your transfer Budget ).

46. Personally I wouldn't sell Johnson in my game he is outstanding but around 20 million would be tempting he has been on fire for me though. I would defo sell skrtel if I where to receive a high bid he has been abysmal to say the least
    Tezzz likes this.

47. As above Johnson is one of my key players, I dont play with a right winger and he does the job of two men. May look into selling Skrtel to raise funds as Coates is awesome. Im not that interested in Ba. Wellington Nem has already been transferred for big money. Dzeagov had already signed a new contract with CSKA by the time I read this forum (kicking myself because in real life I was aware a while back his contract was up in Jan) I agreed terms with Llorente but Barca made a last minute offer and who can blame the lad haha. I bought Gameiro as a last minute panic buy so hope he will be worth it when I play tonight. my line up this season has been Reina, Johnson, Coates, Agger, Enrique (De Ciglie now pushing hard) Lucas, Henderson, Gerrard, Sterling, Saurez, Borini. Been giving a lot of games to the youngsters where possible. Especially Will Hughes and Jack Robinson.

48. I'm playing on an updated version but was just done before Coutinho joined.I finnished 3rd first season and got beat in the semis of the Europa cup.Finnished 4th second season but won the champs league.I'm leading the league by 2 points with 7games to go and beating Real Madrid 3 nil at home after 45 mins at home in the quarter finals of champs league.

my team is
    Jack Butland,Joe Lewis
    M Kelly,Andre Wisdom
    J Enrique,J Robinson
    R Shawcross,Jan Kirchoff,M Skyrtal,S Coates
    Bwm Lucas,J Allen
    Bbm J Henderson,J Shelvey
    Aml R Sterling,Suso,W Nem
    Ap M Gotze,S Gerrard,Suso
    Amr A Oxlade Chamberlain,R Sterling
    L Suarez ,D Sturridge

Got about 7 or 8 4 1/2 and 5 star regens out on loan.

I'm thinking about signing David Villa on a free for a year as back up to Suarez as Sturridge is getting much of a chance.I'm not renewing Stevie Gs contract as he's had to much injurys so try and get him as a coach.Villa can come for experience and play occasionally and tutor

49. how much money do you start with?

50. U have about 3 or 4 mill.selling downing and Johnson will get u money as Johnson is always wanted in my saves but I think he's worth keeping for atleast the 1st season.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO