Like Tree1Likes

AI learning how to counter your tactic?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1. AI learning how to counter your tactic?

Is it possible that the AI learns how to counter your tactic after an extended period of time? (12months+).

It seems I get a tactic, it works awesome, then after about 1 season it stops working, switch to a new tactic, works well. Then after a season it stops working. Is this just a coincidence or is this actually how it is, AI learning how to counter my current tactic, then when I change they have no idea what to do?

2. yes it is true the ai does learn your tactic over a period of time that is why people have 3 very good formations to counter act this problem

3. Quote Originally Posted by pokerjoker_num10 View Post
    yes it is true the ai does learn your tactic over a period of time that is why people have 3 very good formations to counter act this problem
    Awesome! wish I knew this sooner - would of saved me a lot of heartache! thanks for the info, much appreciated.

4. Quote Originally Posted by pokerjoker_num10 View Post
    yes it is true the ai does learn your tactic over a period of time that is why people have 3 very good formations to counter act this problem
    Sorry, 1 more thing. You say they learn and people use 3 tactics because of this, do you mean 3 tactics as in change every game? or use 3 tactics throughout the season i.e 1 tactic for 3 months, the next for 3 months, then the 3rd tactic for the last 3 months?

5. Having at least 2 tactics that you rotate during the season is essential to the AI not figuring out how to play against you.
    You have to adapt to the situations that occur during a match and to your opponent,so sticking with one tactic only will probably be less efficient in the long run.
    I always use 3 different tactics,one attacking,one counter and one control.the formations vary as well,since some formations suits other formations better.

6. Don't think "learn" is the right word. Kind of suggest that the AI is more advanced, when in reality its just using logic.
    You use a 4-3-3 formation the whole season, lose more games vs 4-4-2 formations then any other formations, the AI will start to use 4-4-2 more often. It's just logical.

You'll be surprised. I've used on the spur of the moment tactic and formation that I've never used or is not a primary formation/tactic. For example, if I'm using a 4-5-1 and I'm losing, i go to an overload using 4-1-3-2 (with the DM being offset left or right) and it sometimes works. If a change formation shape but stick to the basic philosophy I train the players with, it can work. Though obviously it helps having players that are adaptable to various paradymes

8. Just strange how I go on a 5 game losing run, switch tactic and boom... undefeated for 7 games and counting. Think i'll try using 1 tactic, then when i get 3-4 bad results (after using it for a while), switch to a different one.

Quote Originally Posted by Luc020 View Post
    Just strange how I go on a 5 game losing run, switch tactic and boom... undefeated for 7 games and counting. Think i'll try using 1 tactic, then when i get 3-4 bad results (after using it for a while), switch to a different one.
    I find it's a good idea to mix switching tactics in matches with rotation of players. I stick with similar formations/tactics but never the same one. But each person has different approaches. I like to surprise the opposition
    thunderblood likes this.

10. Quote Originally Posted by ajt09 View Post
    I find it's a good idea to mix switching tactics in matches with rotation of players. I stick with similar formations/tactics but never the same one. But each person has different approaches. I like to surprise the opposition
    i'll give that a try

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast