Like Tree3Likes

Regens cost a ton
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

1. Regens cost a ton

Clubs ask tons of money for the regens, the regens aren't that potential that they will be a superstar. And the clubs still ask like 5 milion for a player whoes worth 100k. I havent got enough money to pay the players and clubs like Manchester City keeps stealing them from me..

2. Yep it's much harder to buy youngsters this year. In a way it's more realistic when you consider players like chamberlain and lukaku. But at the same time those big money starlets are not so common, whereas in the game every single youngster is valued at stupid prices.

3. Yeah, the new system seems to be more realistic towards the better regens but does leave some of the more average ones calling for crazy prices.

4. that's why you should snap them up during trial period! Especially if their European because then you can save a ton of money as well as training them up to be home-grown players.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Coupdhaha View Post
    that's why you should snap them up during trial period! Especially if their European because then you can save a ton of money as well as training them up to be home-grown players.
    How do you do that? Do you need to assign scouts or you have to manually look in every team?

6. Quote Originally Posted by vojtaklezl View Post
    How do you do that? Do you need to assign scouts or you have to manually look in every team?
    you'll have to look at the teams on the regen dates, or you can try player search but that won't always work

7. These regen dates are from last years... Somebody else posted them last week to mad props to whoever they were

26th January:
    Anguilla, Antigua & Barbuda, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, Costa Rica, Cuba, Curaçao, El Salvador, Grenada, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Nicaragua, Panama, Puerto Rico, St Kitts & Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent, Surinam, Trinidad & Tobago, Turks & Caicos Is.

23rd February:
    Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bosnia & Herz., Cyprus, Estonia, FYR Macedonia, Fiji, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Montenegro, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands, Tahiti, Tonga, Vanuatu

3rd March:
    Mexico

8th March:
    Australia, Croatia, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Israel, N. Ireland, Russia, Scotland, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, Wales

13th March:
    Austria, England

17th March:
    Slovakia

18th March:
    Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Indonesia, Italy, Poland, Portugal

19th March:
    Bulgaria, Romania, Slovenia

25th March:
    Holland

28th March:
    Serbia, Spain

2nd April:
    Argentina, India, South Africa

19th April:
    Hong Kong, Uruguay

7th June:
    Bolivia, Ecuador, Paraguay, Venezuela

19th August:
    Sweden

27th August:
    Afghanistan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, Chinese Taipei, Guam, Iran, Iraq, Japan, Jordan, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Macau, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, North Korea, Northern Mariana, Oman, Pakistan, Palestine, Philippines, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sri Lanka, Syria, Tajikistan, Thailand, Turkmenistan, U.A.E., Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Yemen

2nd September:
    Malaysia

14th September:
    South Korea

19th September:
    Chile

20th September:
    Brazil, Ireland

23rd September:
    Iceland

25th September:
    Finland

28th September:
    Colombia, Singapore

3rd October:
    Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Rep., Chad, Comoros, Congo, DR Congo, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, São Tomé & Príncipe, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zanzibar, Zimbabwe

8th October:
    China, Norway

16th October:
    Peru

2nd November:
    Belarus

27th December:
    U.S.A.
    AFlyingJebus likes this.

8. What I do is that not only do I have scout, I keep a close eye on the regen dates.

On those days, I will always go to the major clubs of big football nations.

For example, on Spain regen day I will always manually go look at the new regens of Real Madrid, Barcelona, Valencia etc.
    It's very important not to miss Brazil regen day because that's where I've always found my best regens. Unfortunately they can only join you when they're 18 but snapping them on a contract when they're 15-16 saves a ton of money.

Also keep a look out not only for the regens of the major clubs but also regens of national academies, I'm talking places like INF Clairefontaine. With these places you're not so much worried about the price of players (since Clairefontaine isn't an actual club they don't lock players into full-time contracts) but you're worried about other clubs snapping them up.

Just beware if you're playing with a club that isn't very prestigious, regens from big clubs like Barca might not be interested in joining you regardless of whether you offer them a contract or not.

Also take your scouts reports with a grain of salt. When they give their report, even if they have good scouting stats, they might not give an accurate star potential to the player. This is because the club they're scouting might have poor training facilities etc. I've had instances where I've ignored the scout's 2 star potential rating and bought the youngster. When they've come over to my club (Manchester United) their potential rating jumps up to 4 stars.
    Last edited by Coupdhaha; 14/11/2012 at 03:42 PM.
    Montanaro likes this.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Coupdhaha View Post
    Also keep a look out not only for the regens of the major clubs but also regens of national academies, I'm talking places like INF Clairefontaine.
    I remember this from FM12, and had almost forgotten about it. It's French, right? I have all of France added in my game, with large database. But all the players on Clairefontaine are greyed out. How do I fix this?

10. Maybe you hve to make France a playable league

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast