Like Tree36Likes

Fm13 in comparison to Fm12: Please read before complaining
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

1. Fm13 in comparison to Fm12: Please read before complaining

(the main reason for this thread as well is for Mods to link to all the threads that are popping up so we can close them quickly and informatively)

Ok, so a lot of people seem to having a hard time winning games, or keeping a lead, scoring goals and generally getting good performances out of their squad on Fm13..

Fm13 is completely different to Fm12 and this needs to be understood and accepted before you can genuinely enjoy the game that is Fm13 (which is pretty awesome, even with its few flaws)

please read this below and really get your head around the fact that its a different ball game now, you actually have to manage your squad from match day to match day, changing little things to adapt to your opponents!

The game is far from impossible:

I have conceded only 6 goals in the last 17 games and 2 were against Arsenal (that was due to 1 ME flaw that saw them equalize in the last few minutes)

Fm13 in comparison to Fm12: Please read before complaining-manchester-united_-fixtures-schedule.pngFm13 in comparison to Fm12: Please read before complaining-english-premier-division_-overview-stages.png

Important advice:

FM13 is much more realistic than Fm12, you cannot just buy the best 11 players and use the same tactic for years and years and expect to win, you actually have to manage your squad, chat to them, praise them, single them out when they don't perform, watch the games, counter your opponents threats and exploit
    your opponents weaknesses!

take the time, get into the save and manage like a real manager, attend press conferences, play mind games with opponents and mind games with their defenders and main threats..

Read Jakes thread as well which is fantastic!

2. Quote Originally Posted by Raikan007 View Post
    (the main reason for this thread as well is for Mods to link to all the threads that are popping up so we can close them quickly and informatively)

Ok, so a lot of people seem to having a hard time winning games, or keeping a lead, scoring goals and generally getting good performances out of their squad on Fm13..

Fm13 is completely different to Fm12 and this needs to be understood and accepted before you can genuinely enjoy the game that is Fm13 (which is pretty awesome, even with its few flaws)

please read this below and really get your head around the fact that its a different ball game now, you actually have to manage your squad from match day to match day, changing little things to adapt to your opponents!

The game is far from impossible:

I have conceded only 6 goals in the last 17 games and 2 were against Arsenal (that was due to 1 ME flaw that saw them equalize in the last few minutes)

Attachment 283007Attachment 283008

Important advice:

FM13 is much more realistic than Fm12, you cannot just buy the best 11 players and use the same tactic for years and years and expect to win, you actually have to manage your squad, chat to them, praise them, single them out when they don't perform, watch the games, counter your opponents threats and exploit
    your opponents weaknesses!

take the time, get into the save and manage like a real manager, attend press conferences, play mind games with opponents and mind games with their defenders and main threats..

Read Jakes thread as well which is fantastic!

Hi Raikan,

I am still undecided on whether to buy this version, simply because I have seen people claim the actual game is not realistic, like going through a season and QPR are top of the table, to me that is just simply stupid! What are your experiences in this aspect?

Will the ME bugs be sorted sooner rather than later as well?

Thanks for any help though mate!

3. Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    Hi Raikan,

I am still undecided on whether to buy this version, simply because I have seen people claim the actual game is not realistic, like going through a season and QPR are top of the table, to me that is just simply stupid! What are your experiences in this aspect?

Will the ME bugs be sorted sooner rather than later as well?

Thanks for any help though mate!
    hey bud,

the game is really good, yes there are a few bugs still in the ME but SI are working on it and by the sounds of things, it will be released at the end of the month!

You do need to get it though! it is worlds better than Fm12 so far and is still yet incomplete, so once everything has been ironed out, as SI always do after about 4 months of the game being released (official 3rd patch in Feb) the game will be super polished..

4. about a week ago i would of bein like wtf are u smoking hippy!!! but i do have to agree with u now, even with the obvious few ME flaws (we all know wat they are by now) im still doing fairly good i have wimbeldon in the priemership atm and with only 5 games left in my first season there im in 14th with a very slim chance of going down.

and what u wrote is very true i find myself changing little things between matchdays and even in some matches u find urself going from att/def/counter alot more than in 2012, hell did u even ever need to change them in 12 lol?
    Raikan007 likes this.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Raikan007 View Post
    hey bud,

the game is really good, yes there are a few bugs still in the ME but SI are working on it and by the sounds of things, it will be released at the end of the month!

You do need to get it though! it is worlds better than Fm12 so far and is still yet incomplete, so once everything has been ironed out, as SI always do after about 4 months of the game being released (official 3rd patch in Feb) the game will be super polished..
    Cheers for your feedback mate, I just looked at the league table on this thread and that looks pretty realistic, with a few suspicious teams, like Spurs near the bottom..... has AVB been sacked?

6. Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    Cheers for your feedback mate, I just looked at the league table on this thread and that looks pretty realistic, with a few suspicious teams, like Spurs near the bottom..... has AVB been sacked?
    yeah, one of the only things that has not changed since Fm12
    zzeezzy likes this.

7. Raikan, I wrote this for Jakes post but Id like to say it also applies to this post to, Id love to know what u think and if u have any advice:

Great Post

I have to say after reading what you have to say I feel more optimistic and realistic about my chances. Ive played FM/CM for a long time and have never been an advocate of downloading other peoples tactics and finding "exploits" but ive always been able to create myself tactics that with tweaks, etc can create a decent team even with BSN clubs. But with Fm13 im at a real loss.

Every FM version ive managed to start a game where I enjoy it and even when im doing crap I feel I can turn things around, I punch the air in excitement when I score a great goal or win a game im not expecting to. But with FM13 i dont feel that.

I would love to talk you more about FM13 and get yours tips and advice on how I can make myself a better FM player/manager. I know this year its been made harder to make you think more about how you play the game i.e roles, formations, training etc but I really dont know where to start. I suppose im one of the old guard that only know how to play the game in a one dimensional way and need assistance on how to progress and evolve myself to the new game.

Ive thought about moving to FMC but I feel thats the cowards way out and id enjoy it even less that I am now. Ive never been one to give up on something but I feel ive lost my "spark" with FM13 and so much so that last night I loaded FM12 up!

So some help would be much appreciated whether thats on here or over a chat on steam, my problems are when starting a new game what to do first, when im creating a tactic what to look for in roles, for example good partnerships in roles, etc. Also ive never ever looked at scouting reports for the enxt opposition but this year I know its imperative. What do u look at so get an idea of what weaknesses I can exploit, etc? Also when im on a bad run (which always happens) how I can turn things around.

Sorry for the long post, im never one for moaning so im trying to keep myself up beat that I can turn things around, you wouldnt beleive how many games ive started and failed after 1 season or less! Maybe I shouldnt give up so easily but I have the patience of a very very impatient person!

8. Quote Originally Posted by stevelcfc2008 View Post
    Raikan, I wrote this for Jakes post but Id like to say it also applies to this post to, Id love to know what u think and if u have any advice:

Great Post

I have to say after reading what you have to say I feel more optimistic and realistic about my chances. Ive played FM/CM for a long time and have never been an advocate of downloading other peoples tactics and finding "exploits" but ive always been able to create myself tactics that with tweaks, etc can create a decent team even with BSN clubs. But with Fm13 im at a real loss.

Every FM version ive managed to start a game where I enjoy it and even when im doing crap I feel I can turn things around, I punch the air in excitement when I score a great goal or win a game im not expecting to. But with FM13 i dont feel that.

I would love to talk you more about FM13 and get yours tips and advice on how I can make myself a better FM player/manager. I know this year its been made harder to make you think more about how you play the game i.e roles, formations, training etc but I really dont know where to start. I suppose im one of the old guard that only know how to play the game in a one dimensional way and need assistance on how to progress and evolve myself to the new game.

Ive thought about moving to FMC but I feel thats the cowards way out and id enjoy it even less that I am now. Ive never been one to give up on something but I feel ive lost my "spark" with FM13 and so much so that last night I loaded FM12 up!

So some help would be much appreciated whether thats on here or over a chat on steam, my problems are when starting a new game what to do first, when im creating a tactic what to look for in roles, for example good partnerships in roles, etc. Also ive never ever looked at scouting reports for the enxt opposition but this year I know its imperative. What do u look at so get an idea of what weaknesses I can exploit, etc? Also when im on a bad run (which always happens) how I can turn things around.

Sorry for the long post, im never one for moaning so im trying to keep myself up beat that I can turn things around, you wouldnt beleive how many games ive started and failed after 1 season or less! Maybe I shouldnt give up so easily but I have the patience of a very very impatient person!
    hey bud, you can contact me on Fm-base anytime, either use my threads I have started or just PM me

have patience mate, I was extremely upset when I played the demo.. but after realizing that what I used to do on other Fm's, not so much Fm12 was what I do now (mentioned above)

Fm13 rant!

Fm12 was just plug and play as it did not need that much attention to detail so I stopped doing all the things like formation tweaking, player talks etc etc..

really glad the hard work I usually used to put into the game has finally paid dividends and it makes it such a greater experience at the end of the day

9. FM13 is in fact a very good simulation of football team/manager and/or role play.

One big difference for me is that just sitting back and watch the match in TV view or key highlights is not enough; the AI adapts and reacts by making substitutions and changing tactics, and the player needs to have a broad view of the field and analyse the play to be able to make the necessary changes to neutralize threats and create better chances.
    Darandio and Raikan007 like this.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Raikan007 View Post
    hey bud, you can contact me on Fm-base anytime, either use my threads I have started or just PM me

have patience mate, I was extremely upset when I played the demo.. but after realizing that what I used to do on other Fm's, not so much Fm12 was what I do now (mentioned above)

Fm13 rant!

Fm12 was just plug and play as it did not need that much attention to detail so I stopped doing all the things like formation tweaking, player talks etc etc..

really glad the hard work I usually used to put into the game has finally paid dividends and it makes it such a greater experience at the end of the day
    Thanks for the replay Raikan, loved your FM13 rant, thats how I feel about 90% of the time at the mo! Its might be becasue I am actually not paying enough attention, but firstly I need to understand what to pay attention to and what needs more work than FM12. I.e Tactics, etc. Do you have any tips or advice for things to look at, for example scouting opposition, what to do on day 1, etc? if so either add me on steam stevelcfc2009 or email me [email protected]

maybe we can share some tips (although mine are very small at the mo!!!)
    Raikan007 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast