Rivals:
    Sunderland, Middlesbrough

Media prediction:
    7th

Name:  Tiny Badge.jpg
Views: 11815
Size:  7.2 KB

Expectations:
    The board and the fans will be expecting to build on last year’s fantastic 5th place finish. Also back in Europe, they will be expecting to make it past the group stage.

Squad: (Underlined words/names are clickable for screenshots)

Goalkeepers:

#. Tim Krul
    #. Steve Harper
    #. Jak Alnwick

Central Defenders:

#. Fabricio Coloccini
    #. Steven Taylor
    #. Mike Williamson

Fullbacks:

#. Davide Santon

#. Danny Simpson
    #. Ryan Taylor
    #. Shane Ferguson

Defensive Midfielder:

#. Cheick Tiote
    #. Vurnon Anita
    #. James Perch

Attacking midfielder:

#. Yohan Cabaye
    #. Haris Vuckic
    #. Dan Gosling

Wingers:

#. Hatem Ben Arfa
    #. Jonas Gutierrez
    #. Gabriel Obertan
    #. Sylvain Marveux

Attackers:

#. Papiss Cisse
    #. Demba Ba
    #. Shola Ameobi
    #. Nile Ranger

Promising youngsters:

#. Adam Campbell
    #. Remie Streete
    #. Gael Bigiramana
    #. Mehdi Abeid

Newcastle has an outstanding team with a few star players in all positions. You should look to strengthen the depth of the squad in the first season. You may want to look for a new right back as the current players just don’t cut it.

Suggested Tactics:

Tactic 1 :

4-5-1

Team Instructions

This tactic works great Home and Away. I like to change my strategy depending on the situation. If you are doing counter make sure to set "play offside" to no.

Tactic 2:

4-2-3-1

Team Instructions

This tactic is not my own. It is Kofloks Goals Galore. I find this works great against the smaller teams of the league.

Suggested Transfers:

Transfers Out:
    Jonas Gutierrez|£11 m| high wages & he really isn’t that good.
    Mike Williamson|£5 m| He may be a decent back-up player but there is better alternatives.
    Sylvain Marveaux|£8 m| the offer is just too good to turn down.
    James Perch|£5 m| the utility man just is not good enough

Transfers In:
    Wellington Nem|£3.5 m| Worth £9 m but has a release clause in his contract. Will be a star for years to come.
    Adryan|£875 k| for such a small price this kid is a must buy in this year’s game.
    Jores Okore|£1.3 m| Great young CB with bags of potential. Coloccini’s long term replacement.
    Matthias Zimmermann|£4.5 m| cracking young Fullback. His stats will rise quickly the more games he gets.

Extra Notes:
    • Make sure to ask your board to enhance your youth and training facilities.
    • Try and get an extra feeder club as soon as possible and then keep getting new one every time you can
    • Offer Demba Ba a new contract or you will lose him for a measly £7 m
    • Check out some of the amazing youth players Newcastle have to offer and get them tied down to long term contracts.

I hope that the Newcastle United team guide has been useful, feel free to comment on mistakes or suggestions or even questions surrounding Newcastle. Post your success etc. in this thread as well if you like.

Howay The Lads

"I've turned down Barcelona, Inter Milan, Juventus and Manchester United to play here. I hope everyone already knows how much it means to me to play for Newcastle United."
    - Alan Shearer

"They have those fans who are so emotional and fanatical, they expect to win the World Cup!" - Sir Alex Ferguson

Last edited by RobbieToon1; 30/11/2012 at 11:39 PM.
    ben_toon, Dunc and spongebobbidy like this.

2. Fair play thats a pretty good guide. Eill you be writeing guides about other teams in the future?

3. added to the team guide list

4. I am thinking of doing a couple of team guides Cai. Napoli should be next.

Thanks Raikan appreciate that.

5. Updated. Changed the layout and added a lot off stuff. (tactics, screenshots, more transfers and a few random things.)

6. 8 mill for Marveux and 5 for Williamson ... 11 for Jonas .. No one would give me that much for them ha .. Well done

7. I managed to get 5million for obertan

8. Quote Originally Posted by Little_Cocka View Post
    8 mill for Marveux and 5 for Williamson ... 11 for Jonas .. No one would give me that much for them ha .. Well done
    You have to offer them out at the start for these prices. Fulham take Jonas and Reading take Marveaux. Cant remember who takes Williamson

Quote Originally Posted by inchcastle View Post
    I managed to get 5million for obertan
    I think you can get about £7m for Obertan, though I'm not 100% sure as i kept him for cover.

Who did you guys buy with the money you received?

9. i bought emerson from santos as cover for santon adryan,mattheus and niang on loan

10. I'm Newcastle, followed this advice and lost away to S'oton 5-1... cannit believe it..

11. Quote Originally Posted by inchcastle View Post
    i bought emerson from santos as cover for santon adryan,mattheus and niang on loan
    How is Adryan getting on? Do you use him or is he loaned out?

Quote Originally Posted by newcastle1892 View Post
    I'm Newcastle, followed this advice and lost away to S'oton 5-1... cannit believe it..
    That sounds bad mate. What tactic did you use and what players did you buy? A few screenshot of the game would help me see where you went wrong.
    Last edited by RobbieToon1; 02/12/2012 at 10:05 PM.

12. Quote Originally Posted by RobbieToon1 View Post
    That sounds bad mate. What tactic did you use and what players did you buy? A few screenshot of the game would help me see where you went wrong.
    I'm gonna start again with it. I don't know if there gonna be a bogey team or not? I was using the 451 formation, then I signed and sold the noted players and the team was fully trained with the formation and tactics. Feel free to give me any advice on this post can't deal with our own team losing 5-1 away to S'oton

13. Quote Originally Posted by newcastle1892 View Post
    I'm gonna start again with it. I don't know if there gonna be a bogey team or not? I was using the 451 formation, then I signed and sold the noted players and the team was fully trained with the formation and tactics. Feel free to give me any advice on this post can't deal with our own team losing 5-1 away to S'oton
    My bogey team seems to be stoke this year. In all away games i like to start with counter or standard strategy. Be aggressive on team talks if you are losing or drawing with "lesser" teams. Your defense should be Krul/Gk Zimmermann/RB S.Taylor/RCB Colo/LCB Santon/LB.

14. Quote Originally Posted by RobbieToon1 View Post
    My bogey team seems to be stoke this year. In all away games i like to start with counter or standard strategy. Be aggressive on team talks if you are losing or drawing with "lesser" teams. Your defense should be Krul/Gk Zimmermann/RB S.Taylor/RCB Colo/LCB Santon/LB.
    Thanks I also don't have an option to untick "Play Offside"

15. Quote Originally Posted by newcastle1892 View Post
    Thanks I also don't have an option to untick "Play Offside"
    I don't think its a tick its a drop down box on the team instructions page.

16. Quote Originally Posted by RobbieToon1 View Post
    I don't think its a tick its a drop down box on the team instructions page.
    Found it, would only show up when my page weren't full screen. How do you go about training/match preparation?

17. I just leave that to my assistant.

18. Quote Originally Posted by RobbieToon1 View Post
    I just leave that to my assistant.
    Alright, I can't seem to sell Gutierrez for £11m and the offers for Perch and Williamson are in monthly installments.

19. Quote Originally Posted by newcastle1892 View Post
    Alright, I can't seem to sell Gutierrez for £11m and the offers for Perch and Williamson are in monthly installments.
    Monthly Installments are fine. Strange that you can't sell Jonas try selling for £10m. Also you don't have to buy/sell the exact same players i did look around the other leagues for players that you think will improve you team.

20. Quote Originally Posted by RobbieToon1 View Post
    Monthly Installments are fine. Strange that you can't sell Jonas try selling for £10m. Also you don't have to buy/sell the exact same players i did look around the other leagues for players that you think will improve you team.
    I am looking round. £11m is just to good to turn down when offered for Jonas, and I hate Williamson.

21. Hey, I have been playing as Newcastle for a while and used alot of the tips in the guilde on my save, Only think i struggled with was selling the players, didnt get anything for Williamson and perch(Loaned Perch in the end,no bids for Williamson) and sold jonas for 8.5 upfront.

I bought Nem, Adryan and Okore (as the guide says the more you play him the better his PA seems to rise) but also got Rodja Nainggolan, hes from calgari and Plays as a Cm or Dm. I havnt bought him in any of my other saves so unsure how he plays normally for others but he was transfer listed by request for 9.5m and he has gotten on average 8.06 as a Ball winning midfielder alongside Cobaye with Tiote just behind, got sent off against Arsenal tho, and has the status 'seems angry' in most of the big games so far.

I play the 4-5-1 with Tiote as anchor and the two mentioned above in midfield, Cisse is on fire atm but cant seem to get Ba to play well, tried him alongside Cisse or alone as a poacher.

Im currently 4th 5 points behind 2nd at christmas( City are winning everything atm so not Gunna win the league)

One last thing is with the is formation i promised attacking football to the fans and board at the start of the season and i struggle to provide that in most games, i play standard with attacking or counter most of the time apart from the cups and europa etc where i play attacking so it might be just my tactics that casue it.

Other wise a really good guide and enjoying the save so far

22. Quote Originally Posted by andycarrolisabeast View Post
    Hey, I have been playing as Newcastle for a while and used alot of the tips in the guilde on my save, Only think i struggled with was selling the players, didnt get anything for Williamson and perch(Loaned Perch in the end,no bids for Williamson) and sold jonas for 8.5 upfront.

I bought Nem, Adryan and Okore (as the guide says the more you play him the better his PA seems to rise) but also got Rodja Nainggolan, hes from calgari and Plays as a Cm or Dm. I havnt bought him in any of my other saves so unsure how he plays normally for others but he was transfer listed by request for 9.5m and he has gotten on average 8.06 as a Ball winning midfielder alongside Cobaye with Tiote just behind, got sent off against Arsenal tho, and has the status 'seems angry' in most of the big games so far.

I play the 4-5-1 with Tiote as anchor and the two mentioned above in midfield, Cisse is on fire atm but cant seem to get Ba to play well, tried him alongside Cisse or alone as a poacher.

Im currently 4th 5 points behind 2nd at christmas( City are winning everything atm so not Gunna win the league)

One last thing is with the is formation i promised attacking football to the fans and board at the start of the season and i struggle to provide that in most games, i play standard with attacking or counter most of the time apart from the cups and europa etc where i play attacking so it might be just my tactics that casue it.

Other wise a really good guide and enjoying the save so far
    Sounds like you are having great fun mate. I think i will need to start a new game with Newcastle and test again the value at which you can sell the players.

I have seen Nainggolan go to some of the big clubs. His stats are amazing and for £9.5m that's a great buy.

Cisse scored like 37 goals for me in the first season. Ba was the same for me. Maybe try changing some of his individual instructions to get him to play as a more attacking player.

The board always said the same about me, even though i had attack on about 70% of the time. I dont really think it matters that much. So i just ignored it.

Hope you get that champions league spot

23. Quote Originally Posted by RobbieToon1 View Post
    You have to offer them out at the start for these prices. Fulham take Jonas and Reading take Marveaux. Cant remember who takes Williamson

Who did you guys buy with the money you received?
    Correct with the teams but i wasnt getting offers like them i just had to keep lowering it till they made a bid a soon as i started ha.

These are who i sold and bought .. Now that i have played the game for a while now i probs would of made better signing but they have done well won league and qualified for champs league twice and won europa league and fa cup etc .. would probs not got the loans i brought in.Newcastle United A Guide-newcastle_-transfers-history.png

24. Might give my Man Utd save a break and start a new one with the Mighty Toon. Looks promising for sure!

25. I loaned him to udinese. He's played in most there games and got into the brazil u21

26. first thing i did as newcastle boss was give ba a new contract his mimimum release fee is now 35m

27. Quote Originally Posted by inchcastle View Post
    I loaned him to udinese. He's played in most there games and got into the brazil u21
    Sounds like a good loan deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam nffc uel View Post
    first thing i did as newcastle boss was give ba a new contract his mimimum release fee is now 35m
    Me to. It is awful losing him for £7m and i think he gets like 30% of the transfer. He isn't a star performer for me though so I'm thinking of selling him for as much as i can get for him (at least £15m).

28. i also got niang on loan hes amazing got 9 goal in 11 games

29. Sold Gutierrez after a solid first season for 15 mil, so that was a real good deal, but you seem to have gotten great prices for all the others. My first season transfers included Ademilson, Wellington Nem and Wallace, all of whom had great seasons. Finished a surprisingly high 3rd and won the EURO Cup too. Going to try for the premier league title in the second year, just got a whole bunch of regens with amazing potential, and Sommer, Capuano, Bittencourt after selling off Perch, Ryan Taylor, Marveaux, Williamson, and Gutierrez. Looking good

30. Hey just finished my first season with Newcastle(pretty slow i know) just thought i would update.

Finished third behind City and spurs, lost to City with 2 games to go to lose 2nd spot to them, but beat Spurs on the last day to sucure third spot. Been following the same tactics all season, Mainly playes 4-4-2 with two Wingers because Tiote got injured for 6 months. Lost Cisse to the African Nations Cup so Bought Ademilson and He got young player of the season with 11 goals and 9 assists in 13 games for me which saved my season really.Got to the Last 16 of the Euro Cup to lose to Inter 2-0 so not to gutted.

Now i am Looking to build my defence a little, Krul got the golden glove last season but lost coloccini for 3 months in November which left me short at the back, Skirtel is transfer listed atm so might Take a punt at him, anyone got any suggestions for a good CB?

otherwise just selling of the deadwood so to speak and getting a few good regens in, Not sure how to post Screenshots otherwise would show you tHe Full back i signed.

31. Quote Originally Posted by andycarrolisabeast View Post
    Hey just finished my first season with Newcastle(pretty slow i know) just thought i would update.

Finished third behind City and spurs, lost to City with 2 games to go to lose 2nd spot to them, but beat Spurs on the last day to sucure third spot. Been following the same tactics all season, Mainly playes 4-4-2 with two Wingers because Tiote got injured for 6 months. Lost Cisse to the African Nations Cup so Bought Ademilson and He got young player of the season with 11 goals and 9 assists in 13 games for me which saved my season really.Got to the Last 16 of the Euro Cup to lose to Inter 2-0 so not to gutted.

Now i am Looking to build my defence a little, Krul got the golden glove last season but lost coloccini for 3 months in November which left me short at the back, Skirtel is transfer listed atm so might Take a punt at him, anyone got any suggestions for a good CB?

otherwise just selling of the deadwood so to speak and getting a few good regens in, Not sure how to post Screenshots otherwise would show you tHe Full back i signed.
    Kyriakos Papadopoulos, might have to spend more on him now you have done a season, best defender for me so far

32. Started my first ever save on fm13 with newcastle. here is a screenshot of my transfers: Newcastle United A Guide-newcastle_-transfers-history.png
    I am currently 7th in the league but have been plagued with injuries and also have been missing ba, cisse and tiote due to the african cup of nations. Can anyone give me advice please on who to sign?

33. lallana is a good signing doing great for me, try offering Marveaux for £7.5m PSG usually offer it no problem in first season, deffo need cover at the back as williamson just doesn't do it for me anyway. Try shawcross or subotic if you can afford £15m spread over 48mths. Ive sold all my players 30 0r older to reduce the wages significantly. wellington Nem is great for cover if your playing with attacking wingers. Adryan (midfield) from flamengo for less than £1m(great for future). Julien Quercia from lorient on loan did excellent for me upfront as a short term loan. I would have kept hold of shane ferguson( plays a few positions).
    Last edited by toonfan2005; 29/12/2012 at 12:09 AM.

34. cheers will try and offload marveaux at the end of the season and will have a look at adryan. I need a new right back because simpson simply can't cut it, any ideas?

35. Wallace from fluminense has a buyout clause of 4,4 mil at the start of the game, always turns out class as rb/Rwb for me.
    toonfan2005 and RobbieToon1 like this.

36. Nice guide, the problem with newcastle is that you basically have two proacher (Cisse and Ba). In the proacher role Cisse is the better one, so I sold Ba for - believe me or not - GBP 25,5mln to Chelsea (offer new contract --> sell Ba). Besides I sold Gutierez to Juventus for GBP 12,5mln and loaned Anita to Udinese. The players I bought so far are: Jovetic (GBP 19mln), Monreal (GBP 10mln) and M'Vila (GBP 15mln) / Tiote back up. To complete my squad I will sign Ljajic as AML (inside forward) in the near future.

37. Quote Originally Posted by Fiorentina2012 View Post
    Nice guide, the problem with newcastle is that you basically have two proacher (Cisse and Ba). In the proacher role Cisse is the better one, so I sold Ba for - believe me or not - GBP 25,5mln to Chelsea (offer new contract --> sell Ba). Besides I sold Gutierez to Juventus for GBP 12,5mln and loaned Anita to Udinese. The players I bought so far are: Jovetic (GBP 19mln), Monreal (GBP 10mln) and M'Vila (GBP 15mln) / Tiote back up. To complete my squad I will sign Ljajic as AML (inside forward) in the near future.
    Yeah you gotta love the proacher role
    preng001 likes this.

38. Hiya Im new to replying on this website! I think out of most of the team guides Ive read on here this is by far the best. With NEwcastle being my 2nd team, behind the mighty Swindon Town, Ive become somewhat obsessed with trying to nail Newcastle into the top 4. I just cant do it!! Struggling to go higher than 6th. Just wondered what the best results people have had? Has anyone won the league in first season? Im going to start AGAIN this afternoon! Im determined to get a good save going!!

39. Quote Originally Posted by BertyBowdo View Post
    Hiya Im new to replying on this website! I think out of most of the team guides Ive read on here this is by far the best. With NEwcastle being my 2nd team, behind the mighty Swindon Town, Ive become somewhat obsessed with trying to nail Newcastle into the top 4. I just cant do it!! Struggling to go higher than 6th. Just wondered what the best results people have had? Has anyone won the league in first season? Im going to start AGAIN this afternoon! Im determined to get a good save going!!
    Cheers mate. I'm sure it is possible to win the league in the first year, though the highest i have finished with the Toon 2nd. Newcastle need squad depth the most as they dont have enough quality squad players to slot into the team when needed.

40. Thanks for this I'm not great with tactics and this has helped me a lot. I also signed Kjaer who has been one of my best CBS love him!

41. Just finished my 1st season with Newcastle! Really successful with some brilliant results throughout the competitions. Managed to finish 3rd in the league to get into Champions League next season! Finished someone off the Champions Man City who won the title. Also, managed to win the Europa League! The cups were disappointing due to me playing the reserves and youth mainly! Just looking for some advice though as to how i can turn my squad into League Contenders! Cisse, Kjaer, Cabaye and Wellington Nem were probably my best performers all season. Ba was a real disappointment due to constantly being injured. Ended up breaking his leg in early Feb and missing the rest of the season.

Anyways, here's the squad!

GK- Krul/Harper (contract expiring at the end of the season)
    DR- Simpson/R. Taylor
    DC- S. Taylor/Kjaer
    DC - Coloccini/Okore
    DL- Santon/R.Taylor
    MR- Ben Arfa/Gutierrez
    ML- Wellington Nem/Obertan/Ferguson
    MC- Tiote/Anita
    MC- Cabaye/Adryan
    TM- Cisse/Ameobi
    P- Ba (when fit)/Ademilson/Campbell

Thinking i'll probably want a young goalkeeper for the future, a new right-back and maybe a new striker? Considering selling Ba due to his constant injuries forcing him to decline as a footballer. Any ideas on how i can improve the squad to title contenders? And who did you guys buy/sell in order to mount a serious title challenge?

42. I just won my 1st season with the magpies using nezza 4-4-2 tactic. In the 1st season I bought Ademilson, Nem, Darwin Quintero and Ruben Yttergard-Jensen (This guy is so underrated at 2.5* but He's a beast of a midfielder, comparable to Cabaye, sometimes better because he has 'dictates tempo' PPM).

I'm starting my 2nd season now and so far I just sold Cissa to Barca for $32M (all cash!), Coloccini to Real Madrid for $13M and Obertan to Monaco for $9.5M. I bought Welbeck for $25M (half cash, half installment), Jonjo Shelvey for $10M, Chris Smalling for $15M and an english young right back whose name I couldn't remember for $17M. I'm also buying a bunch of 4* and 5* very young cheap regens for future investment.

Here's my current squad:

GK: Krul
    DL: Santon
    DR: Don't remember the name, he is good though.
    DCs: S. Taylor + Smalling
    MCL (defensive): Tiote/Anita
    MCR (playmaker): Cabaye/Jensen
    MR: Nem
    ML: Ben Arfa
    Forwards: Ba + Welbeck

43. I started a new game, hoping to use your guide. However I was giving NO transfer money, and I tried to sell some players and None has been sold after 6 weeks into the game, Other then that it is a ood guide.

44. I cant even get any loans in help

45. Quote Originally Posted by Tropico View Post
    I cant even get any loans in help
    Did you start with the january transfer update?

46. Is there any new updates for Newcastle guide I've started with the January update.

47. Quote Originally Posted by neilo24 View Post
    Is there any new updates for Newcastle guide I've started with the January update.
    I've made one http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/footb...es-13-3-a.html

+ Reply to Thread

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO