Like Tree104Likes

UPDATE 13.1.3 RELEASED for Football Manager 2013
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

1. Quote Originally Posted by Steve Exley View Post
    Even with the new update I am still really finding to get any enjoyment out of this new version of FM. I don't want to spend hours pouring over tactics. I preferred the approach in the earlier versions of plugging in a set of tactics - tweaking every now and then.

The fun for me is in recruiting the players and seeing the team rise up the league when your new striker puts in 40 goals.

I have played footie manager/champ manager for years but I am on the verge of falling out of love with it now.

I have scored only 8 goals in 16 games with the new update version database and in too many matches the opposition scores in the last minute or the opposition keeper has the game of his life.

I totally get the arguments about the game being more realistic that you have to constantly change your tactics to suit the opposition but it is a computer game - real life is entirely different.

I just want the old FM back, but I fear that it has gone for ever and evolved into something that can no longer be enjoyed but endured.
    Like me FMC is for you. I'm using a bog standard tactic creator 4-5-1/4-3-3 (whatever its called! DM-MC-MC-AMR-AML-ST) and its doing well. No need for team talks, opposition intructions, factoring in goddamn wind conditions or the coriolis effect! My results aren't determined by having to attend press conferences or by Wayne Rooney becoming angry because I had the cheek to praise him for scoring a hattrick in the last game! Just good old simple gaming. Buy players to suit the tactic, win matches, win trophies then repeat. Thank you please

2. Quote Originally Posted by CDXtreme View Post
    I hate when people get high and mighty trying to perceive themselves as superstars of FM and belittling others who have a criticism of the game...

Could you not be a little but more constructive instead of being cunty?
    Who said anything about being a superstar of FM?

I'm perfectly willing to listen to criticism of the game, but I'm only as constructive in my response as they are in their criticism, and only constructive at all when their criticism is actually valid.

When people criticise the game - a SIMULATOR - for being TOO realistic, it really irritates me. What the hell are SI meant to do? Make it less realistic just for the whims of the few, sacrificing one of their biggest goals in realism?

My suggestion was valid. If he wants a game which less realistic - and let us not beat around the bush here, that is what he was asking - his best bet would be to go and play FIFA manager, since I have the kind of feeling even FMC might be a bit too realistic for him. That's all there is to it.
    iNickStuff, peppilepew and mld81 like this.

3. Quote Originally Posted by GodCubed View Post
    My suggestion was valid. If he wants a game which less realistic - and let us not beat around the bush here, that is what he was asking - his best bet would be to go and play FIFA manager, since I have the kind of feeling even FMC might be a bit too realistic for him. That's all there is to it.
    May be you're right...

4. is it less crash now with the new patch?

the new patch any good? any body still experiencing crashes

TQ

5. Can you fix how bad Aston Villa are please? In real life!
    CDXtreme and Bowieinspace26 like this.

6. A new skin was uploaded automatically. Is this related to the update? Looks pretty good, but I have to get used to it

7. Hi,
    how can i know if my game is updated or not?
    Maybe i should find these numbers, but i dont know where? [PC: 334797 ; Mac: 334795]
    Cheers
    peppilepew likes this.

8. Quote Originally Posted by gratuzo View Post
    Hi,
    how can i know if my game is updated or not?
    Maybe i should find these numbers, but i dont know where? [PC: 334797 ; Mac: 334795]
    Cheers
    wen u have your game loaded up go to game status in the fm menu and you can see your version like this
    UPDATE 13.1.3 RELEASED for Football Manager 2013-game_-_pentagon__-game-status.png
    you should prob be able to tell its bein updated or not just by watching a match or 2 as ur players will actually do things proper now lol
    gratuzo likes this.

9. Quote Originally Posted by mersk View Post
    Read through the list, didn't see anything about them fixing players determined to shoot from a dead angle instead of passing/crossing. I'm so tired of players running diagonally towards goal, angling out away from the keeper and shooting when they would have to break the laws of nature in order to score.
    Yes there is, the part where "Tried to increase number of crosses slightly"

10. attacking

I had this against Juventus a few moments ago, I did win 2:0 which got me through to the next round on away goals

Fletcher had settings to finish this off, he was in the perfect place to finish it but yet he decided to turn his back on the goal and play it off to someone else...

Then Rooney played in a great through ball for Jadson who was 1v1 on the keeper and he just stopped running completely and the defender picked up the loose ball and cleared it.. (takes too long to upload video's so never recorded this one)

There are a few things I have now picked up on ATTACK! Defending is still good for me though!

11. 3d simulator is inaccurate. Always have been, always will be. They fixed some of that with latest patch, but many flaws are still there. Also, I now find FM too easy lol.

12. "the steam servers are too busy to handle your request for football manager 2013 error code (55)"

tried for 3 days now and I'm still getting the same god damn error!

13. Reading through this thread, I gotta say that I don't get the harsh criticism that the moderators get. They are here to answer questions and give feedback on FM 13 related topics, not defend the game from people saying that it's shit now and too difficult (or too realistic?). I honestly think that the game is still too easy at times. I have overachieved in all the seasons that I've played before and after the patch and I'm still not 100% comfortable with the ME. So many other users on this forum manage crazy good results already their first season, like winning the league with teams like Southampton and QPR. No matter how good your tactic is, that is obviously not something that would happen IRL, so saying that this game is too difficult honestly just shows that you're not ready to put in the necessary hours. And there is nothing wrong with that! So suggesting that playing FIFA Manager or FM12 might be a better option is clearly good advice!

The same goes for the tactic section. I have never downloaded a tactic in my life (and never will, beacuse I don't expect SAF to call Arsene Wenger asking if he has any good tactics against top teams away from home ) but I really enjoy reading the threads for inspiration as there are so many smart football minds in this forum! It's interesting to read the feedback as well, because it seems to vary a lot, from praising the creator as being the true mastermind of world football to some idiot who doesn't know what he/she is doing. Giving constructive feedback I assume is welcomed because it can make the tactics even better, but how people have the nerve to slam the people who spend hours making tactics for others is beyond me. It's like having your friend play FIFA for you because he's better than you, and then critising him for losing .. this is beyond me, and being a moderator/tactic creator on this forum surely is an ungrateful job.. I am surprised that people don't get the fact that there is no unbeatable tactic in this game and surely no tactic that will work for every team! That is also what makes this by far the greatest FM ever created, and even though its not 100% yet it is so much better than FM12!! You actually have to think when playing FM13, not just having other FM-players do all the work for you..

The game is in need of another patch, hopefully around Christmas, but that is not going to make the game any less realistic (far from it!!), so people struggling with it now can just as well find another game to play or start playing the game the way it's meant to be played! With dedication to winning games and a realistic approach. That starts with looking at what you can do better, not what SI/FM-Base members and moderators are doing wrong...

14. Well after spending 5 huors on creating different tactics at weekend finally I have 3 that seem to be promising. Managed to beat Arsenal on opening day of season 201 with my Blackburn team, they only managed 1 shot on target which ironically went in but at least I restricted them to long range efforts. After watching carefully the latest update has seemed to improve defenders positioning and dont always seem to run around like headless chickens for me no more. So far since the latest patch so good now =)

15. any1 finding it harder to create chances since the update?
    im only having about 6-10 shots each game now and the board are complaing that im not playing attacking football
    even tho im joint top with city lol!

16. Quote Originally Posted by StueyRob View Post
    any1 finding it harder to create chances since the update?
    im only having about 6-10 shots each game now and the board are complaing that im not playing attacking football
    even tho im joint top with city lol!
    Same for everyone, SI said that would happen in the patch notes. It's not ideal but for now it'll stay like that (probably to preserve the overall balance).

17. This game is abysmal. Literally evey pass the opposition makes goes through. FM 12 was superior in every aspect. The ME in this game is an embarrassment

18. I get extremely pissed off with the ME even if I actually win most games.
    That aside, it's a great improvement over last year^^

19. Quote Originally Posted by jibbers View Post
    This game is abysmal. Literally evey pass the opposition makes goes through. FM 12 was superior in every aspect. The ME in this game is an embarrassment
    Is there a chance you're the one who's 'abysmal' rather than the game?
    Mike., Bushkin and thomas_e like this.

20. For any of you frustrated with the match engine, wwfan on the SI forums has posted these useful guidelines:

A Twelve Step Guide towards Playing FM13 & Understanding the ME

Whatever you think about the ME, you should really take his advice on board. He understands the ME better than anyone. It'll give you a better understanding of how to translate real life football logic into FM tactics.

21. Quote Originally Posted by jibbers View Post
    This game is abysmal. Literally evey pass the opposition makes goes through. FM 12 was superior in every aspect. The ME in this game is an embarrassment
    If you're playing really wide with guys who have low anticipation thats your problem...

22. Before the update I was maybe hitting 16-25 shots per match only 4 or 5 long shots, My team were playing nice football obviously still seeing some bugs like the needless spinning around and playing certain players hitting stupid amount of long shots if they had shoots from distance PPM, Now after the update played about 10-12 games and only 2 times have I hit over 10 shots the most being 12 the majority being long shots, It's like they have just forgot how to play football and can't play through the Defence quite annoying, so was just wondering if anyone has seen this and do SI know about it or if it is only my game oh and my Keeper has all of a sudden became a moron haha.
    inspLL likes this.

23. Diving bug/Suarez

was watching my game a few moments ago and saw this strange little incident.. not sure what happened, the defender was several metres away from my player...

24. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Drummondinho View Post
    Before the update I was maybe hitting 16-25 shots per match only 4 or 5 long shots, My team were playing nice football obviously still seeing some bugs like the needless spinning around and playing certain players hitting stupid amount of long shots if they had shoots from distance PPM, Now after the update played about 10-12 games and only 2 times have I hit over 10 shots the most being 12 the majority being long shots, It's like they have just forgot how to play football and can't play through the Defence quite annoying, so was just wondering if anyone has seen this and do SI know about it or if it is only my game oh and my Keeper has all of a sudden became a moron haha.
    Shots are lower than usual in the update, they already knew this, but its fine in the context of the update, as the ratio of good chances hasnt fallen, but it will be addressed.

It could just be you, or some issues could be bugs but there is no way to know without analysing your approach. If you could create a thread based on this Help Threads it would be really helpful for us to look at it in more detail.

Any video uploads would be really useful too.

I have to admit I'm playing better football after the patch. But it would be unfair to judge without seeing what you are doing.

25. I managed about 13 shots against Arsenal which was quite good considering I was playing quite defensive. I have noticed though what they do need to sort out is job security, I was untouchable up until the end of season then it dropped back to secure. How can you go from untouchable straight back to secure?

26. Quote Originally Posted by cloudstr1fe View Post
    I managed about 13 shots against Arsenal which was quite good considering I was playing quite defensive. I have noticed though what they do need to sort out is job security, I was untouchable up until the end of season then it dropped back to secure. How can you go from untouchable straight back to secure?
    Secure is pretty good isn't it? It's possible that you made some excellent transfers which helped your job security to untouchable. After a while, these items disappear from the confidence screen and I presume their influence goes with them. Or something similar.

27. Quote Originally Posted by Mike. View Post
    Shots are lower than usual in the update, they already knew this, but its fine in the context of the update, as the ratio of good chances hasnt fallen, but it will be addressed.

It could just be you, or some issues could be bugs but there is no way to know without analysing your approach. If you could create a thread based on this Help Threads it would be really helpful for us to look at it in more detail.

Any video uploads would be really useful too.

I have to admit I'm playing better football after the patch. But it would be unfair to judge without seeing what you are doing.
    I played a few more games after giving that A Twelve Step Guide towards Playing FM13 & Understanding the ME and I have got back to playing the way we were in fact some of the football we are playing unreal it just looks sexy ha, The ME is miles better than FM12 just because of some the football you see minus a few bugs like some Keeper and Defensive decisions which we concede goals from making the scoreline less flattering although I know we outplayed them.

Not so much a complaint but more of a query but is there something up with the team talks nearly every game either before or after when we win and I praise them I always have 1 or 2 either get unhappy, switch off, lose focus etc..?

I know it could be my reputation but been at the club a good while with a decent rep and I am some of those players favored persons.
    Mike. likes this.

28. Quote Originally Posted by Drummondinho View Post
    I played a few more games after giving that A Twelve Step Guide towards Playing FM13 & Understanding the ME and I have got back to playing the way we were in fact some of the football we are playing unreal it just looks sexy ha, The ME is miles better than FM12 just because of some the football you see minus a few bugs like some Keeper and Defensive decisions which we concede goals from making the scoreline less flattering although I know we outplayed them.

Not so much a complaint but more of a query but is there something up with the team talks nearly every game either before or after when we win and I praise them I always have 1 or 2 either get unhappy, switch off, lose focus etc..?

I know it could be my reputation but been at the club a good while with a decent rep and I am some of those players favored persons.
    In fact ignore that last part, Fixed it I have just been blindly passionately praising the team for 1-0 wins and 2-0 wins etc while not playing the best football apparently i missed step 10 in the guide ha ha, Seriously though if anyone is struggling give that guide a read it really helps a lot and stop expecting to win every game because it doesn't happen in real life.

I am now really enjoying FM again minus some of the GK, DEF decisions sometimes
    Mike. likes this.

29. I think they should release in September next year so we can get a proper game by Christmas, lol.

30. the new match engine is so much better now some of the football played is just awesome, it still has some flaws obviously specially in defence but itll be fixed, theyve come along way from first release keep up SI!!!

31. The "problem" I have after the latest update is; my opponent ALWAYS scores (no matter what team I'm up against) every 2 attempts. Also, almost all the time the first try will hit the net... While I can't manage to score as easily as before, maybe I am doing it wrong, but before the update I had a solid defense and was doing alright in making goals...

32. HOW CAN I DOWNLOAD THIS

33. Quote Originally Posted by ugurgazi View Post
    HOW CAN I DOWNLOAD THIS
    via steam

34. dude how can i download fm 13.1.3 patch?

35. Quote Originally Posted by jefrench View Post
    dude how can i download fm 13.1.3 patch?
    Fucking seriously? It's literally right above your post.

Just close steam then reopen it.
    mld81 and barakus like this.

36. I think 13.1.3 not yet complete to settle bugs and problems on match system
    too many o.g. and non-natural goals

37. how dowload it?

38. Quote Originally Posted by sagan View Post
    how dowload it?
    Stop asking the same question when it's answered so many times. for example-4 posts above.

Stop trolling.

39. Quote Originally Posted by ajt09 View Post
    Stop asking the same question when it's answered so many times. for example-4 posts above.

Stop trolling.
    No really, how to download it?

40. Quote Originally Posted by Vanjagl View Post
    No really, how to download it?
    Stop it you
    Vanjagl likes this.

41. thanks, its help me out

42. Can someone please advise how I update if I don't have Steam/didn't buy the game through Steam (i.e. Have a hard CD copy of the game), many thanks.

43. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by earl83 View Post
    Can someone please advise how I update if I don't have Steam/didn't buy the game through Steam (i.e. Have a hard CD copy of the game), many thanks.
    It will still update through Steam. Steam has to be installed regardless

44. Quote Originally Posted by earl83 View Post
    Can someone please advise how I update if I don't have Steam/didn't buy the game through Steam (i.e. Have a hard CD copy of the game), many thanks.
    iNickStuff, nickc1994 and barakus like this.

45. Quote Originally Posted by Mike. View Post
    It will still update through Steam. Steam has to be installed regardless
    Mike- thanks, I've downloaded and set up a Steam account, all I can find on Steam is the full game nothing relating to updates?

46. Quote Originally Posted by earl83 View Post
    Mike- thanks, I've downloaded and set up a Steam account, all I can find on Steam is the full game nothing relating to updates?
    Steam will auto update the full game.

47. Quote Originally Posted by earl83 View Post
    Well you won't if you haven't bought the game yet. If your CD was original you would be taken directly to steam and updates would install.

48. Quote Originally Posted by JP Woody View Post
    Well you won't if you haven't bought the game yet. If your CD was original you would be taken directly to steam and updates would install.
    I would hope my CD is original seeming as it came from Amazon.

49. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by earl83 View Post
    Just install from the CD. It basically takes care of itself, downloading what it needs.

50. Quote Originally Posted by earl83 View Post
    I would hope my CD is original seeming as it came from Amazon.
    Insert and follow installation instructions. Updates will install automatically.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO