A big problem with the defense in this game

1. A big problem with the defense in this game

Hi guys, first of all sorry for my english. After playing the game for some time, I ran into a problem with all of the teams I managed. I can score, but every game I concede a lot of goals. I lost 5-4 after I led 3-1, lost in a friendly to a weaker team 5-0. won 5-3 after leading 5-0 etc... I don't know what to do in order to win "normally", or even just to play good football... I read Jake's post about the game engine, but even when I adjust my tactic in order to counter the opponent's tactic, I get beaten hard, something that really frustrating me... Can someone tell me what am I doing wrong??

2. If you're winningcomfortably and you start conceding then its usually because your players become complacent , you can try more defensive ways of play like a deeper defensive line and shout things like "drop deeper" in your game

3. sometimes I can't even win because the opponent controls the game completely, even though I try to tweak my tactic by adding another midfielder or playing with a slower tempo... Is it just me or the game has became more difficult and I just need to get used to it?

4. Quote Originally Posted by FC HAIFA View Post
    sometimes I can't even win because the opponent controls the game completely, even though I try to tweak my tactic by adding another midfielder or playing with a slower tempo... Is it just me or the game has became more difficult and I just need to get used to it?
    It's just you, and a million other people.

I think you are on the right track to seek control of the tempo/flow, a couple of tips:

- get your players to close in faster during defending to force the opposition to lose the ball and not giving them so many chances to construct play chances.

- make sure your midfield DON'T lose the ball themselves

- check the possession bar in the bottom of the screen and try to prevent the opposition to dominate (bar over 60 or 65%)

- pay attention to the opposition tactics change and substitutions

Enjoy the game

5. When you say get my players close in faster, you mean that I should set the closing down to "press more"? because I always do that... maybe there is another way which i'm not familiar with?

6. Quote Originally Posted by FC HAIFA View Post
    When you say get my players close in faster, you mean that I should set the closing down to "press more"? because I always do that... maybe there is another way which i'm not familiar with?
    What i mean is shortening the time and space needed for your player to close in the opposition player. The faster they harass the them the bigger the chance of a bad pass or getting the ball from them.

With my tactics i play very high exactly for that purpose, but it depends on the opposition tactics. I don't like the "press more" but i use "get stuck in" when the opposition is better than my team.

But this are my choices, you should consider the options that suit your style/tactics

7. Okay, I will try what you said... thank you very much! both of you!

+ Reply to Thread