Like Tree12Likes

FM13 shall I?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1. FM13 shall I?

Hi - I played FM12 to death in the spring but ran out of steam (no pun intended) after two premier league and and a champions success with Spurs - took about 4 seasons in play time.

Now FM13 is out I've downloaded the demo but is there enough freshness/difference in the new version to make it worthwhile?

Cheers.
    chappazz88 likes this.

2. After reading alot of reviews/opinions, I can summarize:

If you've always liked just buying better players than everyone else, downloading a plug and play tactic, and winning the league 10 times in a row without doing anything, don't buy it.

If you want an actual manager simulation, where you need to use your brain and micro-manage, definately buy it, as it's a big improvement over FM12.

3. Quote Originally Posted by vj531 View Post

Now FM13 is out I've downloaded the demo but is there enough freshness/difference in the new version to make it worthwhile?

Cheers.
    Plenty of difference and freshness, definitely a challenge
    chappazz88 likes this.

4. With FM12 I used to bid for players using the maximum length repayment terms. Got Cavani for £35m over 60 months or whatever the max was I'm almost sure the Spurs board should have said NO. Has this "feature" been squashed.

Danyul your description has me interested!
    dwaipayan7 likes this.

5. Quote Originally Posted by vj531 View Post
    With FM12 I used to bid for players using the maximum length repayment terms. Got Cavani for £35m over 60 months or whatever the max was I'm almost sure the Spurs board should have said NO. Has this "feature" been squashed.
    I don't do it often so I'm not sure. I think I read on here that it does still work, but it will cost you more than if you just paid upfront.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Danyul View Post
    I don't do it often so I'm not sure. I think I read on here that it does still work, but it will cost you more than if you just paid upfront.
    Shame as I think it is a bug - No one pays £35m upfront except maybe Chelsea and Man City.

also to add balance there are some damming reviews around on the net look here http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-revi...owViewpoints=1

7. Quote Originally Posted by vj531 View Post
    Shame as I think it is a bug - No one pays £35m upfront except maybe Chelsea and Man City.

also to add balance there are some damming reviews around on the net look here Amazon.co.uk: Customer Reviews: Football Manager 2013 (PC DVD)
    Yeah I know, I've read them and that's what my post was kind of implying. Alot of them complain that the game is complicated, when that's the whole point. They obviously don't have the intelligence to cope with a managerial game more complex than FIFA.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Danyul View Post
    Yeah I know, I've read them and that's what my post was kind of implying. Alot of them complain that the game is complicated, when that's the whole point. They obviously don't have the intelligence to cope with a managerial game more complex than FIFA.
    Yes I get your drift.

Although FM12 was far from perfect - I did enjoy it. I'm just looking for a real improvement in FM13 not a just realigning of menus buttons.

What stand FM13 apart from FM12?

Graphical match engine does not hold any clout with me.

9. Quote Originally Posted by vj531 View Post

also to add balance there are some damming reviews around on the net look here http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-revi...owViewpoints=1
    And hardly anyone pays the full fee in installments. On FM13, you can pay with installments, but you will need to put up some of the transfer money immediately, with the rest going over how ever many months. I generally pay 20% of the full value immediately they get the rest paid over a period of time.

Also, reviews on Amazon are by people like you or I, you have no idea about the background of the person reviewing it, it could be someone that just lost 1-0 to Plymouth with Man United and are pissed off at the game and want to vent it somewhere, and ended up on Amazon. At the end of the day, try the demo out, if you think it's worth £20, then buy it, if you don't, then play FM12. I would say it's worth it, £20 isn't a ground breaking amount of money for a game you could easily clock up 1,000 - 2,000 hours on/
    Leydorf likes this.

10. Playing since 1992, so i think i can say this without being shallow:

Buy it, it's worthy and the best CM/FM ever!

It as bugs? yes, also your basement and you still like to live in there!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast