Like Tree3Likes

17 wins from 17 in the league??? Anyone else had this??
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

1. 17 wins from 17 in the league??? Anyone else had this??

I got FM13 last weekend and have only managed to commit a few hours here and there over the last week. But i've started a season with Manchester United and incredibly in the Premier League won 17 out of 17, including playing Chelsea at home, City at home, Arsenal away, and Liverpool away!

The only defeat I have had is in the Capital One Cup, in the first round away to Spurs 0-3. Even in a Champions League group with PSG, Malaga, and Kiev, I have won all games, with a weakened side. All be it still quite a strong team.

I have only made two signings Bale and Vidal and have sold Anderson, Macheda and a few other younger players for minimal fee's.

I've had all the previous FM's but never experienced anything like it! Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Cheers

2. nope.. start of the season is a bit difficult for me coz I like to play a high pressure passing game.. defenders need a while to get used to that :/ it's so easy to lose a game in FM 13 coz the wingplay is really scary.. most teams score with crosses from either flanks.. no amount of defensive positioning training is helping make my team rock solid.. a solid defense is what I treasure above all else, theres nothing like that in this game

3. Haven't won 17 league games in a row, but I did win 28 of 38 the first season, and currently on course to doing the same in season 2. It's nice when things work out the way you planned!

4. I was on a 12 game win streak with Newcastle, then lost one to Wigan and then went on a streak of not winning for 18 games (same tactic and players). I was then sacked.

So don't count your chickens..
    Raikan007 likes this.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Dunc View Post
    I was on a 12 game win streak with Newcastle, then lost one to Wigan and then went on a streak of not winning for 18 games (same tactic and players). I was then sacked.

DD ROFL!

one loss and their morale takes a hammering.. so hard to get them out of a slump :/

6. Quote Originally Posted by Dunc View Post
    I was on a 12 game win streak with Newcastle, then lost one to Wigan and then went on a streak of not winning for 18 games (same tactic and players). I was then sacked.

LOL That is some collapse!!!
    ohembrough747 likes this.

7. Currently 15 league games won in a row with Benfica.

8. Quote Originally Posted by theone25 View Post
    nope.. start of the season is a bit difficult for me coz I like to play a high pressure passing game.. defenders need a while to get used to that :/ it's so easy to lose a game in FM 13 coz the wingplay is really scary.. most teams score with crosses from either flanks..
    Im more of a Kevin Keegan/Holloway approach my team tends to be quite cavalier problem is the game doesnt seem to like attacking football Iv been punished many a time for being too attacking...
    Anyway Iv finally bit the bullet in my fourth season trying to make a solid defensive tactic and it worked fairly well until December the wheels have come off the wagon... Im now watching matches and its like groundhog day crosses whipped in from either wing straight to the back post to their play who is always unmarked...

Im trying tight marking only all their attacking players and it worked ok in one game but still had some goal mouth scambling from the crosses... Wide is too overpowered IMO it seems the play thru the middle possession exploits of last season have created a balancing problem this year...

9. I think im 28 games unbeaten with a 10 game win streak in my british man city save, currently top (10points) and much better than my expectations of being 5th place

10. Quote Originally Posted by Cai1234 View Post
    I think im 28 games unbeaten with a 10 game win streak in my british man city save, currently top (10points) and much better than my expectations of being 5th place
    Why would Man City only be expected to finish 5th? And why would you be Man City at all?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast