Im curious what is your routine preparation before usual league match.
I would love to play FM the way where every preparation is different and every match is really unique.
Anyway, I usually do those things:
This is my usual preparation, when playing against better teams than mine I also do:
- check opponents line-up in last match
- check at least 3 players with highest match rating in last 5 games
- use Talk to press about two top players to lower their morale
- sometimes comment on manager also (often compliments though)
Unfortunately even if I analyse those 4 points I usually won't make any tactical changes in my team (or only small tweaks)
- analyse their passing
- analyse their runs (movement)
- analyse their fouls/being fouled
- analyse their shots (is there a player who often takes long shots?)
Please share your preparations and things you do before the match
PS. I also talk to my players about their recent form/last match performance (good performance- 7.4 and higher or bad performance 6.0 and lower) to improve their morale