Like Tree32Likes

MANUMAD's box of sweets
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

1. Player database: More AMS/Wingers

Dario Conca - Not young. Expensive. A lot of wages. But well worth it. A beast
    Thiago Neves - One of the best wingers on the game.
    Murillo (sp) - Plays at Cruzeiro. Check those stats! He's yours for around 14 mil. Well worth it
    Teko Modise
    Amine Chermiti
    Jadson (Botafogo)
    Valdivia (Palmeiras)
    Danny (Zenit)
    Y. Belhanda
    Tchabalala
    Griezmann (clause 24 mil I think)
    Diogo Rincon (Free) - Very useful for cash strapped teams or leagues (such as Norway, Serbia etc). Scores a decent amount of goals.

2. Now something else. My love affair with the Brazilian leagues continues. I cant recommend VITORIA enough.

Just finished season 2. By keeping my squad intact from the first season plus returning loanees and selling a number of players as the squad is huge and bringin in quality oldies on frees (Bare, Mota at AMC/ST, Ronaldinho) and some loans l.almeida (cb/dl), Fininho, Wellington (Sao Paulo) I managed to win everything: Local Championship, league (15 points from Santos at second), Copa Libertadores, Brazilian Cup - even Club World Cup beating Real Madrid 1-0 in the final.

But it was the one save Ive had so far that all the planning before matches and during pre season seemed to be worth it, the one save where almost every match I won felt a real VICTORY. Dunno if ill continue it as I only play FM 2013 to win stuff and when I do I start new saves and I started a TIGRE save I want to continue. Ill have a look at the budget ill be given and decide but really if people want a nice challenge, in an exotic league, with a team bursting with young talent then VITORIA is it!

3. Quote Originally Posted by TheBetterHalf View Post
    I small suggestion.

Try to stay away from the following colours as it makes it really hard to read.
    Hehehehe. Yes but if you highlight them, you can read anything!

4. Player Database - A mixture of players

Before I return with cfs, let me post some more recommendations:

Ruben (Rafael Souza Ferreira) LB - Cheap, good stats
    Juan Sanchez Mino LB - Bit of a wonderkid. 700k price
    Alonso LB - Free. Perfect for *** leagues
    Leandro Freitas CB - 100k price. Perfect for second tier and *** leagues
    M. Peybernes CB - 2.5M
    Noe Pamarot CB/RB/LB - Free. Perfect for the lower leagues (brill for Championship teams)
    G. Sorondo CB - If he comes, very good lower league option. Has v low pace.
    Evson DMC - Free. Cash strapped? Need a dmc (backup)? Check this guy out!
    David Simao AMC. 450k price
    Ayoze AM L/R - Free. Recommended

5. Want a bit of a challenge? Go to Argentina and choose any team below "predicted to finish 6th"/any 2nd div team.

Almost all teams have small squads (or at least a small number of decent players) and are in a financial mess. Add to that the fact that its very difficult to generate income even if you win stuff and you have a pretty hard (but enjoyable) job.

Recommended teams:

Newell's (bloody difficult to play beyond the first season)
    Tigre
    Arsenal De Sarandi (the more balanced option)

Or

Rosario in the 2nd division

6. Ridiculous

I dunno if its the new patch (I started the save before it is released) and Ive noticed that in FM 2013 the better you do the more the game tries to sabotage you but in my Tigre save the following occurred:

1) Very little money available and no wages. So struggled to wheel and deal and ended up with a small squad.
    2) Kept getting players injured and red carded. At any given moment I had 4/5 players injured which in a small squad is nightmarish.
    3) As I kept winning stuff through the season despite the above my match schedule was getting progressively more ridiculous and I ended up playing as follows (when I was leading the league with games in hand):

Semi Copa libertadores. One day free. Third to last league match. One day free. Second to last league match. Next day Copa Argentina final first match. Two days later Last league match. One day later Semi Copa Libertadores.

It may not have been exactly like this as its from memory but I counted and had 5 matches in 8 days!!!!

4) Having won all there was to win with Tigre I had all my loaned players return to their club but got no wage or transfer budget increase so I was left with about 9 players in my first squad (not having renewed the contracts of a couple of high earning oldies) and the non paying loans were generally crap so I was forced to give up the save! I may return to it but the whole thing is quite annoying especially the schedulling which I cant really face again with a weaker and smaller squad ...

7. Simplest way to make a world beating team

As it says on the tin there is one "simple" way of assembling a winning team on FM (2013): look for pace.

If you construct a squad (start by starting XI and work "outwards") with having quick players your aim you can start being successful very quickly:

a) Look at your existing squad noting the pacy players. Pacy players are relative to their position - anything over 14 is pacy for cbs and dms/cms (though Id take 13 if other stats are good), at least 15 for wing backs etc. I know that eg deep lying forwards dont need pace but I rarely accept low pace attackers whatever their position. Same goes for playmakers etc.

b) Sell low pace players and replace them with pacy players.

c) Tactics are important but I find that a quick unit (team) overcomes most tactical flaws.

8. Player database - Forwards

Jan Chramosta - Decent but not for top teams and cant be your main source of goals
    Vossen - Not as good as last version. But good backup
    Kieza - An unsung gem. Though like his fellow Brazilian FW he tends to score in bursts. Plus he s more expensive.
    Rogerio
    R. Oliveira. Free very early in the game. Perfect for teams with no money.
    Bare. Even better than R. Oliveira. Similar price/"freeness"
    Oribe Peralta - Check the stats on this guy!
    D. Quintero. Not the god he was last version but still decent.
    Velikonja - Very good for *** leagues
    Kweuke - Battering ram of a forward
    Ademilson -5.25m clause. Good but prepare to be driven up the wall first season.
    Libor Lozak - 1.8m clause makes him best FW in the game
    H. Barcos - Recommended
    Hugo - See comments for Bare above
    Adriano - Flamengo but free January. Has 2 brill seasons in him as DLF
    Jayiyia - Still low finishing. Still quite good
    Mbaye Niang - Loan for *** leagues
    Rodrigo - SLB Very expensive but brilliant
    F. Santander - Great for 2nd year running. Most of the times free second season. Young and high potential. Goal machine depending on league

More soon

9. Started a new save with the team my Ukrainian gf supports: Shaktar, earlier today.

The amount of talented young(ish) players they have is unreal! But that's not the purpose of this thread. A number of their good players are farmed out at Shaktar 3 (a different team but part of the same set up - something like Castilla with Real Madrid) which makes me think that its probable that they would be available for cut prices (Ilsinho and Hubschman are already known and usually transfer listed at the beginning) but there's also people like DENTINHO ...

10. Brilliant Squad Made Up of little known players

Pending more players from my player database, I have compiled an XI with one alternative player per position made up of people who are mainly not young (mostly over 26) and are generally "unsung" in this forum which in a "fantasy football" save (as per the LMA Manager at PS template) would be world beaters:

GK: V. Enyeama/G.Ochoa

LB: Vanden Borre/Laurens De Bock
    RB: Boenisch/Torosidis

CB: Anderson Martins/S. Xulu
    CB: Cahais/ Diego Angelo

LW/AML: Andres D' Alessandro/Joaozinho
    RW/AMR:Walter Montillo/Thiago Neves

DM: Rafael Carioca/ Bolatti

CM/AM: Dario Conca/Ignacio Scocco

FW: Urruti/Danalache
    FW: Bare/ Kieza

11. You sound like a very informative person.
    Could you please tell me any tactics and players I could use for Leeds United?

12. Higgi mate,

Tactics?

Either use a rigid 442/4231 of your own making or look at Mr Langvatn's 4411 Dominatrix and 4411 Underdog beast. Use them as basis and tweak according to preference/match - ie the former is an attacking tactic so if you play away turn it to standard or start attacking score a goal then turn it to standard.

As for players there are loads in this thread depending on your budget and needs.

Id suggest the following:

LB/RB: Boenisch (free)
    CM: Boudjemaa (free)
    CB: Doria (cb) 525k release clause (but can only come in January 2013)
    DM: Muralha (Flamengo, I think) 850k release clause
    CB/DM: St. Strandberg (but may not come)
    Winger/amlr: T. Drage (look at my tip in one of the messages on this thread as to how to get him in cheaply)
    CF Etien Veljkonja/ D. Ndlovu/Jayiya

Look also at Rainford Kalaba

13. Tactical Discussion- Exploiting/dealing with wing backs (a return)

I recently started a save with Shaktar cos of the fact that they are toploaded with young talent and that they have a lot of money and I wanted to buy CONCA, THIAGO NEVES and MONTILLO (Cruzeiro) to use together from the start. I did and ended up with a frighteningly talented squad especially from mf upwards. I have the expected team cohesion problems (esp cos of the many nationalities and languages). I got drawn with Juventus, Chelsea and Malaga in the CL and in my first match I faced Juventus away who line up in a 352 formation. I tried to exploit the wing backs/lack of fbs/three cbs by changing my tactics to try to exploit the space behind them (wbs) but failed losing 1-0. Malaga beat Chelsea 3-1 in the other match which makes it even more difficult for me now btw.

I started preparing early for the Juventus match by having my players train in the new tactics I devised but my failure to win reminded me of the issue about wing backs which I previously raised in this thread. So I asked through a pm for help/ideas from the great RAIKAN and this is what he had to say (tweaked by yours truly):

-Things to consider when lining up against teams that use wingbacks:
    1) How good are the wbs?
    2) Are they more attacking or more defensive (I know wingbacks are meant to be attacking however, I have seen teams like Burnley/West Brom all adopt a 352 type of formation mid game and hence will either use the players they have or make a few changes and teams like that do not normally have very good attacking ones)

(a) If they are quick and agile, good at attacking and are pushing far up the pitch in order to get crosses into the box (Lahm/Evra/Rafael - OR LIKE JUVE IN MY CONUNDRUM), I set my attacking wingers to man mark them (no tight marking) so they end up tracking back and assisting your FB's and end up having a 2v1 situation where you will most likely win back possession.. you need to set your wingers closing down to whole pitch as this also helps when you are chasing the ball down in their half, if the defenders have poor composure and decisions will just end up hoofing the ball back to you!

THIS IS V CLEVER: Also, set your ST to MAN mark so that he puts pressure on the defender in possession and occasionally ends up doing the same thing.

(b) If they are slow and good at defending then I would not stress to much about it as they would most likely be doing it to counter your wingers.. if this is the case, change passing to down both flanks and play a quick tempo direct passing game and set the wingers to run with ball often and cross from byline as to ensure they attempt to take on the WB and hopefully either beating them or getting a free kick which could result in yellow/red cards! I do this often and it works

(c) If they play with WB's who are good like Lahm/Liechtensteiner and play with no wingers (as they do most of the time) (POSSIBLE JUVE SET UP) they play through the middle, I would focus my passing as above (direct/quick tempo etc) but ask the wingers to then cut inside hopefully dragging the WB's in field and having your FB settings to run and cross the ball often (I THINK HE MEANS OVERLAP) as sort of your own wingbacks as this creates a lot of free open space on the flanks for the cross! but you do need good attacking FB's/WB's yourself to take advantage of this as well as having a very good BWM even a DM (OR AN ANCHOR MAN?) to assist on defence if they counter you as they will most likely come through the middle..

This goes beyond what I asked for but it is helpful:

if none of the above works and their wingbacks are really causing you problems, set your wingers to play in the MR/ML roles and have them doing more defensive work than attacking and try and hit them on the counter when they commit too many forward, especially the wing backs: settings for this include:
    • counter box ticked
    • stand off
    • zonal marking
    • normal defensive line (I THOUGHT DEEP WOULD SUIT BETTER THIS SET UP ...)
    • direct passing
    • quick temp
    • focus passing down both flanks
    • using shouts: exploit flanks/pass into space/run at defence/clear ball to flanks
    this will allow them to commit players forward, you sit back, soak up the pressure and when you win the ball back, hit it forward and let your quickest players get into the space the WB's have left, hoping to draw out a CB or two which makes space in the centre which leaves your striker unmarked..
    Last edited by MANUMAD; 01/03/2013 at 09:36 AM.

14. yes anchor man/defensive mid someone good at tackling and even better if he is good in the air! Mudingayi/Mbia/Guilovgui come to mind!

sitting TOO far deep is very, very risky! I have done that in the past and ended up drawing 2:2 after going 2:0 up! setting to normal will also FORCE them to get extra men foward in order to get into a position that is dangerous, having you sit deep already allows them to easily get forward with the ball! (get what I mean)

15. Quote Originally Posted by Raikan007 View Post
    sitting TOO far deep is very, very risky! I have done that in the past and ended up drawing 2:2 after going 2:0 up! setting to normal will also FORCE them to get extra men foward in order to get into a position that is dangerous, having you sit deep already allows them to easily get forward with the ball! (get what I mean)
    Same here- I actually cheated a bit with the Juve match restarting a couple of times trying to test a number of things. When I used deep defence and counter I lost 5-1. I thought it was the counter part of the equation but now I realise that maybe its the deep line.

The 1-0 defeat was achieved by playing 4 at the back four in mf one attacker and one player positioned right on top of the rwinger so that i had 3 people on the rw. Team instructions/opposition instructions focussed my attacks on the right trying to utilise this. I missed some chances but thats as far as I went. Ill try some of your ideas for the return match and see what happens.
    Raikan007 likes this.

16. Player database - Forwards (CONTINUED)

Vaclav Kadlec - Hes as good as he was in FM12 but for some reason people dont rave about him any more. They are wrong.
    Chibuike - not strictly speaking a forward. But cheap and effective. And young.
    Aloisio (Figuirense)- Awesome but expensive.
    Marcus Pedersen - Perfect for **1/2-*** leagues
    Muriqui - Stats are not perhaps that great but he is effective and a utility player
    Victor Andrade- 6mil clause in original version (before the update). Bit of a steal.
    Luis Antonio Peralta - Very recommended
    Carlos Carbonero
    Samed Yesil - very recommended worderkid
    Yiassine Benzia- ditto
    Christian Danalache - 4mil goal machine
    Mota (also AM/R) - Ranges from free to 600k. Amazing.
    Urruti - Only used him for a season with Newells. But was mightily impressed. 21yo**** potential
    Dino Ndlovu (RAIKAN recommends).

More to follow

17. I find exploiting wing backs quite easy, if they are (as they should be) attacking, and they (the opposition) play without wingers.
    Same as you, I prefer fast players. Of course, especially wingers. As you say, your attacking wingers (or IFs) should man mark and close down on the whole pitch.
    I then set their wide play instructions to 'move into space', and the team shout, passing: into space. I play with high tempo, and the counter-attack box ticked (even with a posession/dominating tactic).
    If the team are fluid in, or well accustomed to, the tempo and passing style, they will exploit every inch of room the wing backs leave open to them.

As you stated, this requires a lot from BWM's and/or DM's (pace, stamina, positioning, tackling, etc), as opponents without wingers will concentrate their attacks through the middle.

18. How to get Kweuke for 4 mil on the January Update etc

Kweuke remains a brilliant beast of an attacker in the new update. However if you try to buy him as soon as a new game starts you will need much more than the 3.2mil he went for in the original version.

But you can get him for 4mil which is still dirt cheap for a player of his calibre:

1) Make sure you monitor his transfer status every day from the start (dont put him on your short list just remember to check him every game day).
    2) Within about a month he gets transfer listed with a 4 mil asking price and if you play as a European team you may even get offered him! But you must move fast as a lot of big teams are after him including Arsenal where he usually ends up if you are not quick. So be prepared to offer contractual terms to swing the balance in your favour especially if you are not a top reputation team (he is not that particular where he goes if the money is good).

Continuing my theme in relation to players I recommend (ie not wonderkids exactly but developed players/immediate result players with whom you can win stuff from the get go) I would recommend greatly:

Emilio Zelaya - Doesnt look great but scored 60+ goals for me in one season in Argentina. He would cost around 4/5 mil

Hugo Nervo - Good cb/rb. Not expensive

19. This little guy has a big future, not checked my future saves of him yet, but good report and decent stats at 17!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MANUMAD's box of sweets-agust-n-allione_-reports-scout-report.png   MANUMAD's box of sweets-agust-n-allione_-overview-attributes.png  

20. Looks quite impressive Raikan.

21. Hey mate, just went through the entire thread, and some really interesting reads and tips. Thanks a lot and Keep up the great work

I actually had a hugely successful save with flamengo a while back, reached the Libertadores final and won the league with some brilliant performances from Luiz Antonio. totally agree with what you've said about the Brazilian leagues.

Am currently trying a save with Gremio, won the the Gaucho State and am 3rd in the league after 5 games. Standout players for me: Fernando, Souza, Renatinho (On loan from Coritiba), Para and Hernan Barcos.

Have you used any of them previously?

22. hi manumad,
    feels great to find a fellow who also enjoys the brazilian leagues to share thoughts. thanks!
    see,i've been on a save with atletico-mg,and now finishing second season,i've been able to win everything(seriously,GREAT SQUAD,no cheating,4-2-3-1 formation) but i'm struggling with financial.What are your thoughts on improving the club budget and wealth?

23. Karan10489 mate thanks for the good words. Nope havent used any of the players you mention. There is a Renatinho I like but as I mention in the thread he starts at Krasnodar.

lipecamara, thanks mate for nice words also. Only way to improve finances is keep winning stuff. Try also to sell players (and use non fee playing loans instead) keep squad small, play friendlies away against top opponents (little difficult at first I know), give contracts to free agents with the sole intention of selling them on asap.

Now as to the Brazilian leagues Im still playing my Vitoria save on and off (loveliest team on FM 2013 imho) and my new-ish cruzeiro save but I decided to try the ARGENTINIAN leagues. They are almost IMPOSSIBLE to play. Started a save with Newell's (a team with some really great players) and Tigre. However due to a combination of very small squads and no money I was forced in both saves to give up the save on the start of the second season despite winning EVERYTHING there is to win in the first season. Most good players either were on loan and left, or were in the last year of their contracts but I couldnt renew them due to lack of funds (despite my success I got no transfer money/wage budget increase second season - happened also in my Arsenal De Sarandi save - S0 MUST BE AN ANNOYING BUG). I ended up with extremely small squads and therefore unable to continue.

Only in my Arsenal De Sarandi save I could continue but it was a struggle. I suspended it and I dunno if ill restart it.

So one of my hitherto favourite leagues on FM has been FUBAR(ed) for 2013. Now I always said that FM2013 is the best version for being so difficult but the Argie leagues are heartbreaking!

24. May I also take a minute of your time to hate RAIKAN a little?

He is a horrible, hateful individual who is always ready to help people so promptly it defies belief!

So naughty you RAIKAN for closing those threads (the Why am I such a vagina one and the other). Spoilsport. They were SO funny!
    Raikan007 likes this.

25. Would strongly recommend some of these mate! Got offered the Corinthians Job when Tite left to manage Brazil and promptly took Barcos with me. He's now scored 37 goals for the season, and its only July! sure, Gaucho state gave him 33, but still! His ratings are crazy! He and Souza are fast developing into favorites!

On that note, got any good Vitoria players i can steal?

26. Quote Originally Posted by karan10489 View Post
    Would strongly recommend some of these mate! Got offered the Corinthians Job when Tite left to manage Brazil and promptly took Barcos with me. He's now scored 37 goals for the season, and its only July! sure, Gaucho state gave him 33, but still! His ratings are crazy! He and Souza are fast developing into favorites!

haha,barcos is great indeed.

27. Quote Originally Posted by karan10489 View Post
    Only about half their squad! Look in this thread I recommend their best players. Marquinhos is a very good example.

Btw RAIKAN I was only half joking about closing that thread. I *DID* enjoy reading it ...

28. Monaco Points

1. Monaco are infamous for FM2013 (at least pre January update) as having a squad that looks as if it would walk Ligue 2 and yet even with (because of?) quality additions it is a real struggle even coming 3rd and getting promoted.

2. Having had a save pre- January where I experienced the above not only in the first season but in the next seasons as well (on getting promoted I had a squad which was worse than only PSG and yet I still struggled to impose myself against teams much weaker) I recently decided to start a new one with the January update in order to try to use the experience gained first time round to avoid it happening again to me (by eg not buying players en masse - which I did; I bought quite a few but I did it more sensibly and even where they were better than what I had I still mainly used what I had and blooded them in gradually) and to try players I didnt/rarely tried before such as SASSA and MAUPAY.

3. Well, having finished the first season it still was a real struggle getting promoted (finished third about 12 points behind the leader - EN AVANT GINCAMP (sp)) and at the start I got very near getting sacked (the nearest I have been to it since I first played FM). But it WAS quite an enjoyable save and I was shocked at how easily I managed to win both the Cup and the Coupe de Ligue!

4. The transfer budget is 13.9m and wages are generous. Coupled with that is the very rich chairman who keeps pumping money in the team as well as being supportive to you in buying players so they are an ideal team to build into something formidable relatively quickly. You can try to sell what little deadwood there is but its well neigh impossible in the first season. I used instalments quite heavily as there is no financial danger.

4. The squad:

GKs - Subasic is the best they have but frankly doesnt look very good. Sourzac doesnt have great stats but star-wise he looks promising. So I tried to sell the former but it proved impossible so I sent him to the reserves. He did not complain once. I kept the latter as back up and bought Pierrick Cros for around 4 milwho is quite good (needs some work on distribution mainly). By the second year Sourzac not only did not improve stat-wise but he lost two stars from the four he started with so out he went (sold). His replacement was a french GK I have used before and was pretty happy about: ALI AHAMADA (cost me around 8m including instalments. Bought first January.

FBs/WBs: There are quite a lot of these (or players who can play in these positions as well as at cb/dm/on wings) .... MORE SOON
    Last edited by MANUMAD; 16/04/2013 at 06:58 PM.

29. Monaco - Points

FBs/WBs: This is another area where there's loads of decent to great players (the squad has even more GKs than indicated above but have fun trying to shift them even on frees!). However as with most other positions almost all FBs/WBs start out as being 4* potential or more but drastically fall in the second season with little or no attribute change (unless its my training!). Anyways Tzavellas is the best one and by the second season his value shoots up to 6m (26yo at the start). Andrea Raggi (also plays at cb) and Appiah are pretty decent and there's also Layvin Kurzawa who looks like a good prospect till you find yourself in Ligue 1 second season and find he hasnt improved almost at all.

I note here that perhaps my style of playing FM makes me too stict about players - what I do is I play to win stuff from the get go and developing players is not near the top of my priorities - raking in the trophies and cash is!

I bought Romario from Vitoria. I couldnt use him in Ligue 2 as I only could use two non-eu players and those were Ocampos and Sassa but I bought him to use him in the cups and give him one of the 4 non eu slots allowed in Ligue 1. Did the former but when it came to the latter I brought in SCOCCO on a free and DZEKO off the transfer list so Romario had to go on loan.

I also bought KIKO FEMENIA from Barcelona B. The guy is an absolute legend. Cost me 250k which is about a 10th of his real value bearing in mind his stats and performance. Plays at LB/RB and RW.

Christopher Dibon also came in dirt cheap (around 500k if memory serves) and was pretty solid at rb/cb whenever called upon (mostly off the bench but never once complained).

Loaned in De Sciglio in the first season who was AWESOME. But I didnt buy him as at the time I had to use the money elsewhere.

N. Clyne (great) and Seb Corchia (legend) eventually got picked off the transfer list ((FM 2013 sure is the most difficult of all but the amount of freebies/transferlisted great players is ridiculous!)

CBs: Wolf starts 4* and is great but 2nd season he goes to 2* and is 32 so despite no drop in actual ability he got sold in the second season (for fear that I would not be able to get anywhere near the 4m I got for him if I let him get older).

Gary Kagelmasher is younger (no spring chicken tho), 4* (drops to 3 second season) and is an absolute legend.

They are both great but other than the abovementioned Raggi there's no decent cover so reinforcements are necessary.

Strandberg came in for 600k first season summer

Brought in J. Ivens on a free (later sold on) and Ashley Williams off the transfer list in the second season and Papastathopoulos (great!) in the third.

DMs: Delvin Dinga is young able and with good potential. If you use him carefully he ll serve you for long, Nampalys Mendy flatters to deceive and is another one of 4* to 2* star no improvement players. You will offload him second season.

Dumont is decent and experienced but I had to sell him third season as he wanted much more than was worth to renew contract and negotiations broke down.

Strandberg can be used here but I brought in Simao, Pizarro, Capoue (transfer list second season), Matuidi (free third season), Nainggollan (transfer list Jan second season).

Loaned Chantome second season also tho he's not really a DM and bought Selnaes for 300k who is also no DM and is better at cm/rw.

CM/AM: Jacob Poulsen and Nacer Barazite are both great and also play at am/wings. I bought in Mistdjo and used the aforementioned Chantome here. I also found Barrada (sp) an awesome stat Algerian playing in Spain in the third season for free and got SCOCCO for free in the third season to use at am/wings. I cant RECOMMEND SCOCCO ENOUGH. HE CAN PLAY AT CF AS WELL AND HAD THE FANS CONFIDENCE BAR TO FULL AFTER ONE FRIENDLY!!!

SASSA was bought in the first season to have as additional cover at CF but half the time he was used very successfully at AM.

Same goes for NEAL MAUPAY who I bought in the first summer. I know how liked this guy is in the forum but after using him at Newcastle in an earlier save where he was great he wasnt so this save.

Valere Germain is also a player they have but I never found out where to use him and sold him second season.

MORE TO COME ...
    Last edited by MANUMAD; 10/05/2013 at 07:30 AM.

30. More on MONACO:

Finished the third season having won EVERYTHING THERE WAS TO WIN - Ligue1, Super Cup, Euro Super Cup, CL, Coupe De Ligue and French Coupe - and all thanks to my new tactics for which Ill be making a separate post.

Anyway MONACO from the start has decent wingers options from the wonderkid that is OCAMPOS (spiffing great from the get go) to Nacer Baracite (awesome on either wing/at am - BTW Ocampos can be a decent striker as well), there is also a sweedish guy loaned in who is great (EMIR BAJRAMI), Nabil Dirar (great for a couple of seasons), and Edgar Salli who is decent for at least 3 seasons if not more. There's also Jacob Poulsen who is great but after two seasons he wanted too much to renew his contract so he got sold.

Brought in Sid Ahmed Aouedj first season for wing cover (sold him after one and a half season if memory serves).

The weakest position is upfront as the only decent out and out striker there is is IBRAHIMA TOURE who's only good for a season if at that. Yannick N'Djeng came in together with the abovementioned Maupay and Sassa in the first season and proceeded to be top scorer in France for it!!! Sold to Midlsbro end of third season when better options became available.

Apart from the abovementioned and from memory over the seasons I also bought:

Lucas Digne LB - Recommended
    Pedro Leon (free) - good for a season.
    Wilfried Bony 7m from transfer list - A goal machine and a steal.
    Edin Dzeko - 9.5m from transfer list. Main reason for winning the CL
    E. Elia - winger from transfer list. Ok. Slightly overrated.

The squad for the current fourth and probs final (I only play till Ive won everything with one team and then I start a new save and Ive only got the club world club left) as well as my new v effective tactics to follow ...

31. Two things:

1) Started a save with BOLOGNA the other day. They are expected to come 15th and have an avoid relegation aim. But there is some talent in the squad and size wise its huge as well so the 525k transfer pot you get can be bolstered to about 2m with sales -enough to make a decent squad. Im in December sitting third two points off Juventus at first who have two matches in hand. I brought in the usual suspects - FEMENIA LOAN, DE SCIGLIO LOAN, M. JOHNSEN (ROSENBORG), S. STRANDBERG, ALMEBACK , ROMARIO (FREE), DISKERUD (FREE) and DRAGE PLUS RADOVANOVIC (DM) LOAN.

But the whole point of this note is to tell you about this AM(L)/ST called PINGA that I got for about 200k. He's 32 but his stats are very good and he has been scoring often and playing his balls out for the team. He's perfect for the BOLOGNAS of FM 2013 and I would expect even better for *** or less leagues.

2) Still using my new "541" OVERLOAD tactics. I dont know how to upload the tactics themselves but they are very easy to make. Go to the tactics creator and with a 442 as a template have a SW (Defend) behind two CBs (Defend) use WINGBACKS (automatic). Then a BWM (Defence), CM (Automatic) and AM (Support) and IF (Attack) directly above them with a COMPLETE FORWARD (Attack) so that the formation ends up 12421. Have it on fluid, and of course overload. Everything else is on default.

But prior to matches input the following shouts: Run at Defence and Hassle. If the ref is not v strict/if the other team is seeing too much of the ball shout get stuck in. If losing/drawing at HT shout push higher up. Ive comfortably beaten teams such as Barca with MONACO in the third season and AC MILAN 3-1 with BOLOGNA in first season with it though its just as likely to result in at least one of your players being red carded. It also results in losses occasionally but matches are entertaining.

It would be interesting if people take the above as a template and try to develop a workable OVERLOAD tactic.

32. Quote Originally Posted by MANUMAD View Post
    Two things:

1) Started a save with BOLOGNA the other day. They are expected to come 15th and have an avoid relegation aim. But there is some talent in the squad and size wise its huge as well so the 525k transfer pot you get can be bolstered to about 2m with sales -enough to make a decent squad. Im in December sitting third two points off Juventus at first who have two matches in hand. I brought in the usual suspects - FEMENIA LOAN, DE SCIGLIO LOAN, M. JOHNSEN (ROSENBORG), S. STRANDBERG, ALMEBACK , ROMARIO (FREE), DISKERUD (FREE) and DRAGE PLUS RADOVANOVIC (DM) LOAN.

But the whole point of this note is to tell you about this AM(L)/ST called PINGA that I got for about 200k. He's 32 but his stats are very good and he has been scoring often and playing his balls out for the team. He's perfect for the BOLOGNAS of FM 2013 and I would expect even better for *** or less leagues.

2) Still using my new "541" OVERLOAD tactics. I dont know how to upload the tactics themselves but they are very easy to make. Go to the tactics creator and with a 442 as a template have a SW (Defend) behind two CBs (Defend) use WINGBACKS (automatic). Then a BWM (Defence), CM (Automatic) and AM (Support) and IF (Attack) directly above them with a COMPLETE FORWARD (Attack) so that the formation ends up 12421. Have it on fluid, and of course overload. Everything else is on default.

But prior to matches input the following shouts: Run at Defence and Hassle. If the ref is not v strict/if the other team is seeing too much of the ball shout get stuck in. If losing/drawing at HT shout push higher up. Ive comfortably beaten teams such as Barca with MONACO in the third season and AC MILAN 3-1 with BOLOGNA in first season with it though its just as likely to result in at least one of your players being red carded. It also results in losses occasionally but matches are entertaining.

It would be interesting if people take the above as a template and try to develop a workable OVERLOAD tactic.
    http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downl...do=add&cat=163

33. So you keep telling me. Sorry but Im an idiot. When I go to this page what do I do then? Where do I find the name etc?

34. Quote Originally Posted by MANUMAD View Post
    So you keep telling me. Sorry but Im an idiot. When I go to this page what do I do then? Where do I find the name etc?
    File Name:

Author:

then click the browse button next to upload file:

Upload a File:

Link to a File:

add the tactic and information in the box provided

35. Bologna

Finished the season (well almost - I got the small matter of two cup finals against INTER, who I already beat twice with the same score 3-1 in the league) and came SECOND!

It went to the last match where I was playing against Juventus at home and Napoli (who were the eventual league winners) were playing away to Catania with the TABLE looking like this:

1) Napoli 79 points and a 6 goal better difference than me.
    2) Bologna 77 points
    3) Juventus 75
    4) Inter 73

Unfortunately everybody but Juve won (beat them 2-1 more comfortably than the score implies - with my OVERLOAD tactics mentioned above, opposition instructions left to my tactics coach and tweaked by me: hard/close down/ weaker foot on wbs and the three shouts mentioned above: get stuck in/hassle/run at defence. But I had to really plan matches reading carefully scout reports and tweaking tactics and formations almost every match which I watched on EXTENDED.

So I lost the league by two points after dropping a lot of silly points against teams such as ATALANTA/TORINO in matches I even led by two goals at times) - 11 draws plus only 4 losses (the fewer of any team).

The point of this post is to recommend BOLOGNA as a challenge in a league with a lot of quality. They are predicted to finish 15th, board asked me to avoid relegation I said top ten finish as I thouught the squad was up to it and got around 550k transfer and a reasonable wage budget.

There are a couple of sellable players -NICO PULZETTI is a decent winger and a position that is a weakness but at 1.8 FIORE's bid was too good to turn down (I got PINGA for 200k and DRAGE for 700k including instalments so money was made) plus a couple of others. Squad now looks like this:

GK GURCI (loaned from Roma) good for one year. Was a hero for a season/AGLIARDI (crap basically - thankfully not needed). Got a couple of decent ones returning from loans in second season plus OSPINA on a free.

LB: A. Morleo (also rb/ml/mr) - Good back up. / M. De Sciglio (a god. Also at rb/mlr) I loaned him in loaned in

CB: Nicolo Cherubin (also lb - but not wb) - very competent back up. STRANDBERG (bought 500k ended up in the team of year)/Almeback - bought 250k. Big Italian teams keep offering to co-own him/ Sorensen (co-owned) 3.5 stars and good stats/(ANTONSSON - not bad but old so sold in January as I needed money) / RoGER Carvalho (Brazilian loaned in) Very rarely used but never complained (shocked not to encounter the incessant injury problems I always hitherto encounter in FM 13 actually).

RB: Marco Motta (also lb and mr) (loan from INTER - pretty decent but injury prone)/GARICS (28 yo) was a reservation post XMAS/ Femenia (also mr/lb) I loaned in will buy second season. Brill as always

DM: I Radovanovic (I loaned him in. Was quite good)/Khrin (co-owned) has prospects/ D. Perez (even better than his decent stats. But he's 32 so I need the money so he'll leave soon)/ M. PIAzENZA (loaned in) decent back up/ TAIDER - a bit of a wonderkid. Very dependable/T. GUARENTE (LOANED in - very back up and complaints. But was afraid to send back for fear of injuries).

CM/AM/R/L: Diskerud (free and will be sold on as I never like him and only bring him in to make money) Svensson (350k and awesome)/PINGA 200k for technique/pace/left foot and goals. He's 32 tho)/DRAGE (came in January and was his usual awesome self)/P. Kone (never liked him but he's co-owned and difficult to shift. Same goes for CHRISTODOULOPOULOS)/ ALESSANDRO DIAMANTI (amazing for people who follow the EPL to hear but he's the teams talisman and a great AM/ST. Wants to leave tho and sold him to CSKA Russia for 5m but he'll leave at end of season).

CF: GILARDINO (loaned in) misses the odd sitter but was my best attacker by a mile despite the fact that BOLOGNA also have a couple of young almost wonderkids with great stats and v recommended on loan: Christian Pasquato and Manolo Gabbiadini). STRACQUALURSI/DIEGO PEREZ/DIEGO ROCHA/A SCHALK are all coming on frees second season.

36. BOLOGNA 2

Won the cup 1-0 with a last minute penalty!

Started with my overload tactics and on EXTENDED highlights as always but in the first 25 minutes (the cut off point to see if chosen tactics/formation work methinks) we couldnt get near the ball so I changed to Mr LANGVATN's UNDERDOG BEAST 442 tweaked and with drop deep play narrow wing exploit tactics and suddenly they kept hitting our defensive wall so we gradually took the initiative but could and should have won earlier.

For the second season we got a 32 million (!!!) transfer kitty with a qualify for EUROPA LEAGUE expectation and the following were brought in (having also sold Diamanti for 5 mil and a number of other fringe players for another 3/4 mil - I also deliberately bidded very low for most crappy co-owned players so got rid of them):

GK: Costil (to compliment the free OSPINA mentioned above - though at 10m I made a mistake. Shoulda loaned MANNONE and used money to strengthen other areas)

FB: De Bock/Campos Toro.

CB: KANA BIYIK (13 mil from transfer list)/Sviatchenko (1.9m)

DM: Badu (5m transfer list from UDINE - he's 22 and 4*)

MF: LAMELA (16m from transfer list)

ST: 4 frees mentioned above
    Last edited by MANUMAD; 02/05/2013 at 10:49 AM.

37. Bologna 3

The second season is going swimmingly.

1) Lost the Super Cup to Napoli (2-0). I always seem to lose these as they come too early in the season I think.

2) After starting the season pretty shakily - my OVERLOAD tactics as described above are now officially "one-season" only as its the second save in a row after MONACO that they dont work the second season you use them, and none of the tweaked Mr Langvantn tactics I also use worked ... - so I was forced to take the OVERLOAD tactics and tweak them. Instead of having one CCF and AM (SUPPORT) and an IF(ATTACK) with a BWM (DEFEND) and CM (AUTOMATIC) directly behind them I made both central mfs (BWM and CM) DEFEND and now have two forwards both on ATTACK (one CCF one POEACHER) on ATTACK and one AM (SUPPORT). Shouts remain the same but now I use get stuck in always ... to amazing results:

in late January and currently 1ST, one point from Juve (who have a game in hand) followed by PARMA (!!) 3 points further behind and NAPOLI at 4th 1 point further behind.

3) Still in the cup - next match away to NAPOLI who Ive never beaten!

3) In the second week of December (and as I was very short at rwb) I decided to try my luck and ask for more money and was shocked to get 7million which come January 1st they became 27million (without changing expectations - they are still EURO qualification).

4) I bought a rwb and a dm (two priorities) as well as an am/winger with 16 pace and Paloschi at cf so know I have a very nice looking squad. Ill check and list them soon ...

38. What sort of transfer budgets did you get once you got monaco promoted in your Jan update?

I am thinking about starting a save with them and was trying to figure out how much of a challenge it will be to manage them

39. Quote Originally Posted by mgs88 View Post
    What sort of transfer budgets did you get once you got monaco promoted in your Jan update?

I am thinking about starting a save with them and was trying to figure out how much of a challenge it will be to manage them
    1) Only challenge (and its a considerable one) which I encountered in both my saves with them is getting a very talented squad bolstered up to make it better and getting them to play as a team. Both saves I promoted them by the skin of my teeth despite having a much better squad than almost any team in France!!!!

2) Second season budget was around 25m but winning both the cups and thus having to participate in the EURO may have been a factor.

40. Some recommended players:

Ivan Perisic - AM (C) (L). Youngster plays at WOLFSBURG. Quality. Improves.
    Sorensen - CB Bologna. Surprisingly good and improves. Also rb.
    Fabbrini - Pacy talented winger AM/C/L/R. 22 yo if memory serves.
    Kryschowiak (sp) - Polish DM. Very effective. Not v expensive (but not cheap either).
    Badu - Young DM plays at Udinese.
    Fagner - rb/rwb - Plays at WOLFSBURG. Quite young.

41. Grievances/Ideas for FM 2014

1) Be able to change kits every year. Nothing drastic. Have the basic colours of a team but be able to play around with them a bit
    2) Be able to negotiate sponsorships (tshirts etc).
    3) Ever since I ve been playing FM the most annoying thing is players complaining they are not playing when they are! I want the game to factor playing time as well and not only starting matches. Im annoyed having players who actually play a lot of minutes complain that they dont simply cos they are not starting matches. Ok, have some top players complain for not starting matches but PLEASE factor in overall playing time.
    4) Better media/player interrelation with you. Have more varied options of what to say, comment etc and new stuff coming up into conversations the deeper you get in a save.
    5) Fewer injuries during matches would be realistic.
    6) Better handling of the calendar from the game: depending on the league I even had to play matches on consecutive days, or on consecutive days then another a day later and another a day later. This would never happen in real life. Apart from everything else overachieving with small squads is rendered well nigh impossible.

42. In my Bologna save I recently got a message that so and so's contract is about to expire, the so and so being a "media pundit". I tried to renew it but wasnt allowed. Tried to find other media pundits in the game out of curiosity but couldnt.

Anybody ever had a similar experience?

43. Small teams celebrate finishing fourth.

Big teams feel disappointed for "only" winning the EPL.

44. Pre-season, A Guide PART 1

Introduction

The first day at your new club is perhaps the most important day of your career (and every first day of a new pre-season is the most important day of that season).

There are a number of things that you absolutely MUST do if you dont want to have various problems later on. Most people find them boring as it delays the real action (buying and selling players and playing matches) for quite some time (takes me between half an hour and 1 hour).

Dont worry, if you do them once they become second nature and, I dare say it, enjoyable.

It would be helpful if you arm yourself with a couple of A4 size pieces of paper and a pen ...

Game start Date

Aim to have as long a pre- season as possible. When choosing leagues bear in mind their start dates. To show you what I mean by an example in a save I started with GENK yesterday, Belgium game start date is July but I chose game to start in a different country so as to have it start in June and have an extra month of preparation.

Before the start of every new season you will get a message asking when you want pre-season to start. Choose early but also look for balance (give your players a reasonable holiday!).

samgenoa98 likes this.

45. Top thread mate! So informative
    MANUMAD likes this.

46. Pre - season, A guide PART 2

Note for new managers - get to know your club

1. Look at squads: decide who are your best players for every position, who are the up and coming youngsters and the players you dont need. Look in reserve and other squads carefully as there usually are good players hidden there who for whatever reason are (wrongly transfer listed). A good tip is to categorise players by value (press the relevant button in the squad screen) as value is a good starting indicator as to ability. Take one of the A4 papers and carefully space out every position of your tactic (using dots on it). Then put the players you will be keeping in the position you will be playing them hierarchically - eg in a club where Strandberg/Andia/Milosevic/Okore are your cbs decide the two pairs (Strandberg/Milosevic and Okore/Andia) and put them there.

2. Look to have two players per position plus an extra player apart from GKs where two are enough.

3. If you list the players you will be using from the existing squad on the A4 paper as above you will have a very concrete indication of what you need to buy - this will avoid mindless adrenaling rushes of buying for the sake of buying.

4. Team cohesion is important and very difficult to establish. If you bring in more than 4/5 players every summer and 2/3 January then prepare for performances not to reflect squad strength for a pretty long time.
    As a new manager you need to use the preseason to get acquainted with your new club, in addition to building up your players fitness levels. When managing a new club you need to analyse the squads strengths and weaknesses, set up a familiar tactic, and schedule training to aid player development.

Arrange Friendlies

Dont let the assistant do it! Do it yourself. If you are a poor team try to arrange friendlies away against better opponents but dont overdo it. Start with "easy" teams to build up morale and have the better teams in the middle of your schedule. Always arrange the last friendly against a team you know you ll whup the ass off again for morale. Arrange as many friendlies as possible (max 4 days between each).

By playing matches the players will both improve their knowledge of your tactics and their individual match fitness. The individual players match fitness will also be improved by assigning players to heavy physical training.

By arranging multiple friendly matches, you increase your players "comfort" with your tactics quicker AND give them match fitness which affects their performances. Rotate your players. But rotate cleverly - dont rotate both first choice cbs rotate only one, dont put a newbie gk behind two cbs that are new to club/young/not first choice etc ... (this is also my advice about rotating in season btw).

General Training and Match Training

Dont forget to schedule training on the first day!

My advice of what to schedule is:

a. General training: Fitness. Very Heavy. Two weeks AND Match training: tactics.
    b. GT: Tactics. Very heavy (till about 2 weeks before 1st league match OR tactical familiarity bars 80% whichever comes first) AND MT: Team Cohesion.
    c. GT: Team Cohesion (till first season match at least - if many players brought in two extra weeks) MT: Tactics (to top up familiarity bars).

Then look at the staff - do it from the training page and see who is below par. Give them mutual termination (doing it first day means they' ll leave for less). Then go to staff screen and clear the deadwood looking at that. Make a note on your other piece of paper what training categories you need staff for and how many. Go to transfer centre and start looking. Make note of who you offer jobs to in order to avoid getting more experts for a category than what you need. Aim to have coaches with as many stars as you can and the indication of light workload. Once I get the best I can, if have a free coaching position I search for somebody with 20 or near motivating, bring him in and have him train EVERY category. Dunno if it works but seems reasonable.

Once you complete your squad you then assign individual tactics. Ive checked this with RAIKAN and he does it too: have all players individually training their position for the season (unless somebody has a very low attribute for his position which sticks out where you will assign particular attribute). Following seasons you can look at individual attributes. Look also at what PPMs you want to teach/unteach and schedule them as well.

Once season starts you should aim to gradually set the intensity to average/low and once you are done with tactics/cohesion you should assign something else as GT. Most people have it on Balanced. I disagree. I usually do ball control and attacking interchangeably (cos I like the attributes they deal with eg possession) but I also look at opponents and how Im doing (I will occasionally train balanced or defence for example). MT should be opponent - orientated. An example that brings the two together: Im Bologna and scheduled to play Bayern in the second round (knock out) CL who are much stronger. If I have first match away Ill train GT Defence and MT Attacking set pieces cos I want to grab an away goal. If I then win or get a score draw for the return leg I train Defence and Defence Set pieces.

The slider should be less match training - 1 day match training. With rest after match only.

More soon ...

metalface13 and samgenoa98 like this.

47. Quote Originally Posted by rfcgreg View Post
    Top thread mate! So informative
    Ta mate - its name is a bit misleading so not a lot of people are aware of its contents tho ...

48. Pre Season, A guide PART 3

Set the Tactics
    The orthodox way to do it is to look at your players and use a tactic to suit them (eg no wingers in the team? dont set a 442). Thats all fine and dandy but thats not what I do. I have a couple of tactics that I know they work and always set them and have a third to play with). Be varied - I often see people who have 442 defend 442 attack and 442 counter to use depending on opponent. That to my mind is wrong. You should have the a similar tactical/team instruction basis running through all three as much as possible but the formations should be different. A wider one (ie a 451), a narrower (ie a 41212) and one with 3 cbs. You could achieve this by having wingbacks instead of fbs in the first two. This will come in handy when you read the scout reports of opponents and particularly the tactics faced part and you notice that a particular opponent doesnt like a narrow formation. It may be a different narrow formation from the one your players know but believe me it works almost equally well.
    Note: have the board set expectations of attacking football. Use at least one tactic aimed at that.

Setting up scouting network/look for Transfer targets
    1. Import any shortlists into the game.
    2. Have a look at the transfer/loan market.A
    3. If you are in an alien league eg Uruguay look at each team of similar/lower level from the league table page. Press the value tab as its a good starting indicator and if you like what you see scout player and take it from there. Do the same with analogous reputation leagues (eg Chile).f
    4. Assign scouts to find transfer targets - but always relative to where you are and what you need. Eg it would be pointless at Penarol to scout European leagues as nobody of note would deign to join you.
    5. Dont suffer from the "PAEDERAST" (ahem) obsession that all FMers apparently do! IE dont always look only for youth! Look for players who will win you money/trophies/reputation asap. As always balance is the name of the game. Any transfers in pre-season are done by the scouts recommendation or if I need to move quickly to attract a specific player. (For example if a good player or a wonderkid has a affordable transfer clause).

Now you are set for "life"!!!!!!

49. Very Informative Site/Blog - Awesome tactic

Barcelona Tiki-Taka 4-3-2-1 | Football Manager Tactic | Passion for Football Manager 2013

Started using this tactic with WOLFSBURG yesterday (from midseason) and it works a treat. Holidayed most matches and still beat Dortmund and Bayern) and when I didnt I did not use OI and relatively rarely used the shouts he advises as I wanted to see how it works. Will start introducing these in my second season friendlies.

I dunno who the guy is but A BIG SHOUT to him.

PS: Ive also been using his staff filters which (though they tend to produce some ridiculous results) are VERY HELPFUL if you also apply some thought to who you choose.

50. this guy is Passion4FM , he has putted this tactic here also.
    MANUMAD likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO