3rd,4th ,3rd, 4th, 3rd
    (Most recent First)

Rivalries:
    Tottenham, Chelsea, Manchester United, Liverpool, West Ham United

Gunning for Glory ~ My Guide to Managing Arsenal-2012-12-01_00012.jpg

Board Expectations

In the first season, the minimum season expectation you can set is to
    "Qualify for the Europa league through the league"

However, I'd suggest setting it to qualifying for the Champions League, as you could do with a bit more funds -there are a few areas need strengthening (we'll get onto that later)- you don't want to be getting put under heavy pressure or eventually getting sacked for the sake of 4 or 5 million more!

The board also requires you to "give youth a chance" -Meaning you must play a young team every now and then, but because Arsenal already have a young squad, you should manage that just by playing a weakened, young team in the cups!
    They also demand playing "possession" football aswell as being "attacking". Again, the team is already suited to it, and if you get success they aren't going to sack you because of this!!!

Gunning for Glory ~ My Guide to Managing Arsenal-2012-12-01_00013.jpg
    The Clubs Facilities:
    Arsenal have top training & youth facilities, along with debatabley the best youth recruitment in the country.

The stadium is one of only three in the country ranked as '5 Stars' by UEFA -The others being Wembley and Old Trafford- and has "Perfect" pitch condition along with Under-soil heating.

Gunning for Glory ~ My Guide to Managing Arsenal-arsenal-squad.jpg
    The Squad

Gunning for Glory ~ My Guide to Managing Arsenal-2012-12-01_00014.jpgGunning for Glory ~ My Guide to Managing Arsenal-2012-12-01_00015.jpg

Tactics:

4-2-3-1 would probably be the best formation for the current Arsenal players,
    although 4-4-2 could also be effective without lots of transfers.

In the screenshots above, I have shown what is probably the strongest 11 to begin with, although Gervinho might replace Walcott; and Mertesacker might replace either Vermaelen or Koscielny.

As I've already mentioned, you are expected to play possession-based, attacking football.
    If you make your own tactics from scratch (As I do) then I suggest basing your formation as much as possible on how Swansea play in real life -Like Barcelona put with quicker tempo, playing slighlty narrower.

However, if you download tactics, I'd suggest "Koflok's Goals Galore" or "Awesome AMC by Raikan"

Koflok's Goals Galore 2013
    Awesome AMC™ by Raikan007 - Downloads - Football Manager 2013 Tactics, Wonderkids & Cheats

Transfers:

Arsenal have a fairly good Starting 11, but lack alot of depth.
    This is probably the main problem you will face in terms of the squad, however there are a positions that need strengthening for the Starting 11 too!

Positions that need strengthening:

GK:
    I'd suggest selling either Fabianski or Mannone and getting a new back-up. However, Szczesny is top-class, and because he is only 21 he can be your first choice for more than 10 seasons!
    LB:
    The LB position is extremely weak, although Gibbs has lots of potential, Santos is simply not good enough. A ready-made player to go in the first team is almost a must. (Although you could get away with Gibbs, as I did!)
    DM:
    The 'Weak-Link' of the team. Arsenal possess NO natural DM who is good enough for the first team (Yet!), although Diaby and Arteta can be played there, neither are suited to it. I doubt you would manage to not buy a player for here, and should be the first position you look to buy for!

AMR or AML: With Walcott, Podolski, Gervinho and "The Ox" this shouldn't be a priority, however a young backup could be considered.

ST:
    Again, this shouldn't be a priority, as you will already have Giroud, Podolski and Chamakh (Who was actually my best striker in my title-winning first season!) But since Podolski is best played on the wing in an Inside-Forward role (If you play 4-2-3-1) then you may want to get a backup.

Suggested Transfers:
    Following on from what I said above, these are the players I'd suggest trying to sign:

Bernd Leno: I didn't sign him in my save, as I bought Krul for £10m (Good signing if you want a first-choice 'keeper) because Szczesny broke his arm during pre-season I don't know how much he will be available for I am afraid, but he looks like he could become world-class!

Baines/Alaba: Although I didn't sign him, Baines is probably the best option available. You should be able to get him for anywhere between £14 and £17m. Plus, being English means he will cover as part of the Home-Grown players rule. However, if you have an extra £5-8m spare, branch out on Alaba instead. Usually becomes one of (Possibly THE) best LB on the game

Fellaini: He is probably the perfect Ball-Winning-Midfielder, and as long as you sign him before Man United and Chelsea become interseted, you should be able to get him for around £14/15m. (I got him for £14.75m in January)

Wellingtom Nem: Due to his release clause of just £3.5m, you can't really go wrong with him. Another option if you have funds spare would be Douglas Costa, who can play anyway in midfield and won Young Player of the Year on my save! He'd cost around the £10m mark.

Huntelaar/Rodrigo/Llorente: I'd say wait till the end of the season and get Llorente on a free, however if you sell fringe players such as Santos, Mannone, etc. you may want to look at any of the 3. You'd be able to get Llorente and Huntelaar cheap, due to both their contracts running out. However Llorente would fit better, unless you play with 2 strikers. Rodrigo is a young, top-quality striker who plays for Benfica, but would set you back around £20m!
    Overall, I'd say Rodrigo would probably be the best one if you have plenty of cash to spare!

Of course there are many different, good options out there which would be good signings, these are just my personal opinion on the best signings you could get. Also check out the wonderkids list on this site (Especially Raikan's!!!)

Who to Sell:

Arsenal have ALOT of fringe players on high wages, who aren't good enough for the team. Luckily they can also be sold for decent money. You should be able to decide for yourself who are the fringe players (Santos, Mannone, Bendtner, Denilson, etc)
    HOWEVER; I'd would keep Arshavin, as despite being on fairy high wages, he actually has quality attributes, and can play anywhere in attacking-midfield! I also kept Rosicky, but he is very injury prone, and after the first season you will struggle to sell him, so I'd sell him ASAP!

If you get in a good DM, I would also sell Diaby -you should be able to get £7-10m for him, and although versatile, he is very injury prone and never performed for me!

Staff:
    Arsenal already have some of the best coaches and scouts in the country, however they are very low on numbers of scouts!
    I'd also recommend removing Steve Bould from being your assistant manager -although try to get him to stay on as a coach!- as he isn't particularly good as an Ass. Man. I actually got Johan Cruyff as my Assistant manager, who I'd strongly recommend!

Below is who I hired and fired in the 1st and 2nd season, however you really do need more scouts than I currently have!!!
    Gunning for Glory ~ My Guide to Managing Arsenal-2012-12-01_00017.jpgGunning for Glory ~ My Guide to Managing Arsenal-2012-12-01_00018.jpg

Finances:

Arsenal are in an extremely stong financial position, with good sponsorships and not much debt, you shouldn't need to worry about this aspect of the club!
    -As long as you don't use the 48 month "cheat" or use any kind of editor to change your budgets!!!-

Gunning for Glory ~ My Guide to Managing Arsenal-2012-12-01_00020.jpgGunning for Glory ~ My Guide to Managing Arsenal-2012-12-01_00021.jpg

First Season Targets:

First on your list of things to accomplish is to win a trophy. ANY TROPHY!

After 7 long seasons, any trophy will do! A realistic aim would be the FA Cup, although the league is easily manageable!

As Chelsea showed, you always have a chance of winning the Champions league -a slim chance, but still possible- so don't rule it out entirely, however it is unlikely in the first season. And you'd have to be a bit lucky in the draw to get to the very latter stages at all!

Good luck, and happy managing!

Please give feedback below (Bare in mind it's my first time writing anything like this though! )
    Aswell as your own experiences managing The Arsenal!

Last edited by Scotty98TR; 10/12/2012 at 06:13 PM.

2. Has No-one got any feedback on it (Positive and negative?)

3. Nicely made man, seems helpful!

4. Great post mate, I constantly try and get Arsenal playing well. First stop David Alaba. Are Arsenal actually called the Red Army? Isn't that the Russians or something?

5. Quote Originally Posted by kurtywurty View Post
    Great post mate, I constantly try and get Arsenal playing well. First stop David Alaba. Are Arsenal actually called the Red Army? Isn't that the Russians or something?
    Haha, I am guessing you don't manage to get to arsenal games?

It's what we (the supporters) chant

6. Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gleeballs View Post
    Nicely made man, seems helpful!
    Cheers mate, any extra info/a section I haven't got you think I should add?

7. Quote Originally Posted by Scotty98TR View Post
    Haha, I am guessing you don't manage to get to arsenal games?

It's what we (the supporters) chant
    I'm in Plymouth mate, it's quite a walk.

8. Quote Originally Posted by kurtywurty View Post
    I'm in Plymouth mate, it's quite a walk.
    I wasn't criticizing! With the (ridiculously high ticket prices, the economy and how spread out the support is, it's incredibly difficult to get to any games!

9. Quote Originally Posted by Scotty98TR View Post
    Cheers mate, any extra info/a section I haven't got you think I should add?
    Nope except maybe adding Rodrigo (SLB team) to the transfer list as a replacemnt striker for Giroud as Rodrigo is like 21 and probably already better stat wise. You can get him cheap first season (under 20 mill)

10. Yeah I know man, I would go if I was in the area but then given recent performances it would be the equivalent of self harming.
    Scotty98TR likes this.

11. Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gleeballs View Post
    Nope except maybe adding Rodrigo (SLB team) to the transfer list as a replacemnt striker for Giroud as Rodrigo is like 21 and probably already better stat wise. You can get him cheap first season (under 20 mill)
    Heard other people talk about him, but haven't witnessed him myself. I'll see if he fits into the Arsenal style and I might add him. Cheers mate

12. nice guide mate!!

13. Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gleeballs View Post
    Added him now, replaced Lewandowski as he is a bit exspensive for the first season! Thanks

14. Quote Originally Posted by Ramiza View Post
    nice guide mate!!
    Cheers, improvements I could make?

15. Quote Originally Posted by Scotty98TR View Post
    Cheers, improvements I could make?
    you could add Mattia Destro to the trasfer list, remplace him with Huntelaar if you agree..

16. Quote Originally Posted by Ramiza View Post
    you could add Mattia Destro to the trasfer list, remplace him with Huntelaar if you agree..
    I signed Destro in my save, but Huntelaar is the better player and is free as well. Destro isn't particularly good to begin with, but has okay potential for selling for a profit

17. Nice guide mate, id recommend David Alaba straight away though for the left back position, i found Gibbs too injury prone and his potential was not brilliant either, sell Santos and bring Alaba in, cost me around £20 million i think.

18. Quote Originally Posted by Revolution View Post
    Nice guide mate, id recommend David Alaba straight away though for the left back position, i found Gibbs too injury prone and his potential was not brilliant either, sell Santos and bring Alaba in, cost me around £20 million i think.
    I've added him, cheers

Just to let you know, here is a screenshot of Gibbs on my save (1 and a half seasons in!). I had planned to sell him after the first season when I had funds to get a new LB, but decided not to because he has become quality!

Gunning for Glory ~ My Guide to Managing Arsenal-2012-12-03_00001.jpg

19. Quote Originally Posted by Scotty98TR View Post
    I've added him, cheers

Just to let you know, here is a screenshot of Gibbs on my save (1 and a half seasons in!). I had planned to sell him after the first season when I had funds to get a new LB, but decided not to because he has become quality!

Attachment 287574
    WOW! didn't expect that, may have to re-think if I start a new arsenal game

20. In my Arsenal game I just started I am almost half way through first season and am currently in 1st. I only bought two players, Lars Bender (DM) and Cavani. Cavani was a bit expensive obviously (worth it so far) but Bender has been amazing as the Anchor Man of my 4-1-2-1-2, not sure if he is more expensive than Fellaini but I absolutely recommend him.

21. Quote Originally Posted by mnk26 View Post
    In my Arsenal game I just started I am almost half way through first season and am currently in 1st. I only bought two players, Lars Bender (DM) and Cavani. Cavani was a bit expensive obviously (worth it so far) but Bender has been amazing as the Anchor Man of my 4-1-2-1-2, not sure if he is more expensive than Fellaini but I absolutely recommend him.
    As you said though, he is much more defensive than Fellaini, whereas Fellaini is more of a DLP/BWM which fits the Arsenal style much more

22. I´m trying to get mostly all wonderkids for Arsenal, now at the end of the 1st season
    right at the start
    1.Rodrigo(1,4M+Santos)
    2.J Rodriguez (12M+Chamakh), in my first save I´ve managed to get him as Ex for Gervinho, this time I wanted to let him play and get cash at the end of the season, but he was somehow declining, now costs just about 14M
    3.Varane(11,5M+Koscielny)
    4.Goetze for next season(17M+Djourou)
    5.Alaba for next season(Sagna+9,5M) - not the best deal, could get much more for Sagna after the 1st season and Alaba did cost under 20M, next time I will pay straight cash for him

made a lot of money by selling some oldies

March transfers
    1.Jones(19,75M+Tete)
    2.Zouma(17+Conquelin)
    3.Isco(19M)
    4.Ter Stegen(19M)
    5.Falcao(7,25M+Cazorla)
    6. Welli nem(4,1M)

I could already get even Neymar, but 44M are a little too much, ManU, Chelsea and Barca are after him, so I don´t know, it would not be the best thing to let him go to rivals...
    and Hazard would negotiate already, had not a good season, but Chelsea want s 41M... so the same case, would love to bring him in, should I wait? now is he valued at about 14M
    M´Villa would be great addition, but somehow not for 30M, and Rennes don´t want anybody to exchange
    and please, any RB recommended???

all transfers were negotiated to be paid with about 3-15M in front and the rest within 12 or 6 month to stay within the financial limit at the end of the season, I think its fair, 48 month is somehow not realistic, or you should pay much more in end effect...
    Last edited by Wockin; 05/12/2012 at 02:16 PM.

23. Quote Originally Posted by Wockin View Post
    I´m trying to get mostly all wonderkids for Arsenal, now at the end of the 1st season
    right at the start
    1.Rodrigo(1,4M+Santos)
    2.J Rodriguez (12M+Chamakh), in my first save I´ve managed to get him as Ex for Gervinho, this time I wanted to let him play and get cash at the end of the season, but he was somehow declining, now costs just about 14M
    3.Varane(11,5M+Koscielny)
    4.Goetze for next season(17M+Djourou)
    5.Alaba for next season(Sagna+9,5M) - not the best deal, could get much more for Sagna after the 1st season and Alaba did cost under 20M, next time I will pay straight cash for him

made a lot of money by selling some oldies

March transfers
    1.Jones(19,75M+Tete)
    2.Zouma(17+Conquelin)
    3.Isco(19M)
    4.Ter Stegen(19M)
    5.Falcao(7,25M+Cazorla)
    6. Welli nem(4,1M)

I could already get even Neymar, but 44M are a little too much, ManU, Chelsea and Barca are after him, so I don´t know, it would not be the best thing to let him go to rivals...
    and Hazard would negotiate already, had not a good season, but Chelsea want s 41M... so the same case, would love to bring him in, should I wait? now is he valued at about 14M
    M´Villa would be great addition, but somehow not for 30M, and Rennes don´t want anybody to exchange
    and please, any RB recommended???

all transfers were negotiated to be paid with about 3-15M in front and the rest within 12 or 6 month to stay within the financial limit at the end of the season, I think its fair, 48 month is somehow not realistic, or you should pay much more in end effect...
    Because your using the 48 months thing, your save isn't going to last very long with Arsenal, as they'll soon start getting financial troubles. I'd also stop buying for the sake of it, it will just disrupt team harmony as players aren't getting played and want to leave!

In terms of Right-Back, I'd have a look at Corchia

24. Try to unsettle players, it's quite easy on this version.

25. I´m not using 48 month, just 6-12month, club fin. are now at about 160mil and with profit from league, hopefully some millions from CHL, and especially from selling another players (Merte, Gervinho, Gibbs, Walcott, Giroud, Frimpong, Fabianski and even Vermaelen, if I have to ) it would be probably another 100M this summer, so, even if I will buy Neymar and Hazard for 100M, who would be playing regularly, I will stay within limit at the end of the 2nd season without any debts.

I think I could rotate them a little:

..................Ter Stegen/Scziesny-loan
    ............RB-Varane,Jones,Vermaelen,Zouma-Alaba
    .............Ramsey/Isco-MC/DLP - M´Villa/...-BWM
    Wilshere/Ox(RW/IF)-Götze/Rodriguez(AdvPl)-Hazard/Neymar(LW/IF)
    .................Rodrigo/Falcao/Neymar(AdvF)
    the only thing is, that I will probably buy Neymar, but let him play another half a season in Santos, and I will try it just with Falcao, who I will sell at the end of the next season, or however
    Last edited by Wockin; 05/12/2012 at 09:22 PM.

26. my most wenger-esque transfer window, EVER! (this was partly motivated because after my 3rd season I made a whopping £120m loss due to the financing of the new stadium...

Gunning for Glory ~ My Guide to Managing Arsenal-arsenal_-transfers-history-5.png

and here's the greatest news I've ever had in the game...

Gunning for Glory ~ My Guide to Managing Arsenal-daniel-lau_-news-inbox-7.png

27. Wow! Amazing that you got a new stadium that quick. I thought you had to wait like 20 years after the other or something.

28. about that... edited the database so the emirates was 20 years old. its the one thing in the game I've always wanted to be able to do - have Arsenal build a new stadium (preferably in my name but if not me, the legend that is Henry is fair enough imo).

29. Seems like I'm accidentally turning into Arsene Wenger myself ever since the stadium announcement/move...

Gunning for Glory ~ My Guide to Managing Arsenal-daniel-lau_-news-inbox-9.png

Gunning for Glory ~ My Guide to Managing Arsenal-daniel-lau_-news-inbox-8.png

After the 2016/17 'austerity' transfer window, this is my 2017/18 one...

Gunning for Glory ~ My Guide to Managing Arsenal-arsenal_-transfers-history-6.png

The result of last seasons sales meant I missed out on the Champions League for the first time in my tenure as I lost to Leverkusen on penalties. Marginal differences I know - but still.

This seasons sales have left me relying more and more on youth! But I have faith in these little critters to see us reclaim what is rightfully ours!

30. Quote Originally Posted by Wockin View Post
    I´m not using 48 month, just 6-12month, club fin. are now at about 160mil and with profit from league, hopefully some millions from CHL, and especially from selling another players (Merte, Gervinho, Gibbs, Walcott, Giroud, Frimpong, Fabianski and even Vermaelen, if I have to ) it would be probably another 100M this summer, so, even if I will buy Neymar and Hazard for 100M, who would be playing regularly, I will stay within limit at the end of the 2nd season without any debts.

I think I could rotate them a little:

..................Ter Stegen/Scziesny-loan
    ............RB-Varane,Jones,Vermaelen,Zouma-Alaba
    .............Ramsey/Isco-MC/DLP - M´Villa/...-BWM
    Wilshere/Ox(RW/IF)-Götze/Rodriguez(AdvPl)-Hazard/Neymar(LW/IF)
    .................Rodrigo/Falcao/Neymar(AdvF)
    the only thing is, that I will probably buy Neymar, but let him play another half a season in Santos, and I will try it just with Falcao, who I will sell at the end of the next season, or however

You've played 1 season and already have £160m in the bank? Im on my second season with Arsenal, and these numbers do not make sense.

Did you edit out the existing debts and give yourself a sugar daddy or something?
    Last edited by gus1987; 17/12/2012 at 04:04 PM.

31. You sold theo for 34m?!

Wow I had no idea he would fetch that value

32. Tassotti or Baresi?

Valdir de Moraes has retired, who is better? I tend always to get Tassotti, but Baresi seems to be a bit better, especially in attacking, but tacticly it would be Mauro
    Gunning for Glory ~ My Guide to Managing Arsenal-tassotti-baresi.png
    I will post some screens of my financies later accordind to the amount I have spent to get all my stars, and it was no cheating so which one? 4-2-3-1Gunning for Glory ~ My Guide to Managing Arsenal-arsenal_-tactics-overview.png

33. Quote Originally Posted by Tinology View Post
    You sold theo for 34m?!

Wow I had no idea he would fetch that value
    In another save, I sold him on the very first day of the game to Chelsea for a straight £30m - might've been able to get more as they are rivals, but that was the what i thought to be optimistic price, and they paid it!

34. Hi, as I said, more saves because of transfers, but without editing
    1st Season - 2nd in PL
    2nd Season - 1st 1 point ahead of Man City with a little luck, when I lost 2 of my last 5 matches, and thought, it was over, but City lost too ... without my help

Finances-the key is to sell some oldies on big wages, loan some out, make probably couple of exch. or straight cash transfers for the next season, like I did with Goetze and Alaba, Rodrigo was a great steal for me for 1,4M+Santos right at the start,, in winter I didnt buy anybody and started to unsettle players in march, if I had to

put all money to wages, I´m producing right at this moment over 2M p/w just from wages and about another 3-4M/month from loans, so it makes a lot lot money within 12 month, so I could spend so much without a big risk
    Gunning for Glory ~ My Guide to Managing Arsenal-boardroom.pngGunning for Glory ~ My Guide to Managing Arsenal-staff.png
    transfers - I think Ihave made some overpayed ones, like Alaba for 9,5M+Sagna, Falcao for 7,5M+Cazorla,
    M´Villa for 24M was too much I think and I couldn´t get Neymar cheaper, he was unsettled and Chelsea, Man U and Barca were all after him after 1st Season, so I had to buy him, before they do... another thing-I´ve made great decision to let him play for Santos another half a season, the same with Hazard-who I love to lure away from Chelsea and for 24M+Gibbs was not too much IMO-the fans think it was a poor buss...
    another good one, but prob. not best was 1,4M+Gervinho(who didn´t perform for me) for Danilo, otherway I would go for Corchia
    Gunning for Glory ~ My Guide to Managing Arsenal-arsenal_-transfers-12_13.pngGunning for Glory ~ My Guide to Managing Arsenal-arsenal_-transfers-13_14_1.pngGunning for Glory ~ My Guide to Managing Arsenal-arsenal_-transfers-13_14_2.pngGunning for Glory ~ My Guide to Managing Arsenal-arsenal_-transfers-14_15.png
    I´m at the start of the 3rd Seas and I´m very proud of it, ladies and gentelmen this is my dreamteam
    Gunning for Glory ~ My Guide to Managing Arsenal-arsenal_-tactics-overview.pngGunning for Glory ~ My Guide to Managing Arsenal-alex-oxlade-chamberlain_-overview-profile.pngGunning for Glory ~ My Guide to Managing Arsenal-danilo_-overview-profile.pngGunning for Glory ~ My Guide to Managing Arsenal-david-alaba_-overview-profile.pngGunning for Glory ~ My Guide to Managing Arsenal-eden-hazard_-overview-profile.pngGunning for Glory ~ My Guide to Managing Arsenal-isco_-overview-profile.pngGunning for Glory ~ My Guide to Managing Arsenal-jack-wilshere_-overview-profile.pngGunning for Glory ~ My Guide to Managing Arsenal-james-rodr-guez_-overview-profile.pngGunning for Glory ~ My Guide to Managing Arsenal-kurt-zouma_-overview-profile.pngGunning for Glory ~ My Guide to Managing Arsenal-kyriakos-papadopoulos_-overview-profile.pngGunning for Glory ~ My Guide to Managing Arsenal-marc-andr-ter-stegen_-overview-profile.pngGunning for Glory ~ My Guide to Managing Arsenal-mario-g-tze_-overview-profile.pngGunning for Glory ~ My Guide to Managing Arsenal-neymar_-overview-profile.pngGunning for Glory ~ My Guide to Managing Arsenal-phil-jones_-overview-profile.pngGunning for Glory ~ My Guide to Managing Arsenal-ramsey.pngGunning for Glory ~ My Guide to Managing Arsenal-rapha-l-varane_-overview-profile.pngGunning for Glory ~ My Guide to Managing Arsenal-rodrigo_-overview-profile.pngGunning for Glory ~ My Guide to Managing Arsenal-yann-mvila_-overview-profile.png
    I was not the only one who spent a lot..., just some transfers, interesting was that Barca didn´t spent anything in 3 windows, RM was the same, and Man C and PSG had big spending just every 2y, Man U have spent almost 150M just when Fergie retired and was replaced with Vilaboas Gunning for Glory ~ My Guide to Managing Arsenal-chelsea_-transfers-history.pngGunning for Glory ~ My Guide to Managing Arsenal-chelsea_-transfers-history-3.pngGunning for Glory ~ My Guide to Managing Arsenal-man-city_-transfers-history.pngGunning for Glory ~ My Guide to Managing Arsenal-man-city_-transfers-history-2.pngGunning for Glory ~ My Guide to Managing Arsenal-man-utd_-transfers-history-2.pngGunning for Glory ~ My Guide to Managing Arsenal-man-utd_-transfers-history-3.pngGunning for Glory ~ My Guide to Managing Arsenal-paris-saint-germain_-transfers-history.pngGunning for Glory ~ My Guide to Managing Arsenal-r.-madrid_-transfers-history.png
    so enjoy playing

35. Nicely done, I struggled through the season with the 4-2-3-1 formation. I had to utilise Theo as the ST as, without his pace we lacked any sort of attacking presence in the first season. I did manage to win the UCL in the first year, the key signing I made first season was Jetro Willems. I made the wrong choice in signing Jordy Clasie, for roughly the same amount for Fellaini. I made up for that later.
    2014 season I went right away from the 4-2-3-1 formation, and have since stuck with a 5-3-2 formation. SW, 2CBs and WBs, 3CM. I was able to get rid of a lot of deadwood in the January window. I signed Sergi Gomez as cover at SW/CD (came cheaply), Matteo Musacchio for 7m is a bargain, and Robert Lewandoski for 26mil hasn't stopped scoring. Successful season 4th in the league won the UCL again, the CWC and Super Cups.
    Current season, my squad has shrunk. but still has a ton of quality. I am looking at selling Vermaelen at seasons end his rating has dropped massively, still a handy backup though. Key signing so far has been Edinson Cavani, scoring at will man 39 games (overall) for 36 goals (in all comps; 18 in the EPL) with 12 assists. a total beast. Guiseppi Bellusci is another CD that has been really solid cost 7.5mil another bargain. Overall, having more luck with a 5-3-2 now, 2nd in the league two games in hand and 2pts back of City.

36. Is this genuine? I'm thinking of getting the game, but was worried that it would be too unrealistic and made easy as a result. I just can't see how Arsenal could get Varane, Goetze, Neymar, Hazard and Falcao in one season - in fact, change that, ever!!

I really don't want to get the game if teams have enough money to buy the worlds best players after just one season. With that team, tactics are irrelevant for the most part.

I'm really concerned now, that if I get the game, you could manage Swansea and win the league after just 3 seasons, or something.

Please tell me you've been cheating, because this would just make it too easy to play.

37. Quote Originally Posted by Christian Hope View Post
    Is this genuine? I'm thinking of getting the game, but was worried that it would be too unrealistic and made easy as a result. I just can't see how Arsenal could get Varane, Goetze, Neymar, Hazard and Falcao in one season - in fact, change that, ever!!

I really don't want to get the game if teams have enough money to buy the worlds best players after just one season. With that team, tactics are irrelevant for the most part.

I'm really concerned now, that if I get the game, you could manage Swansea and win the league after just 3 seasons, or something.

Please tell me you've been cheating, because this would just make it too easy to play.
    No, you can't get all these players in 1 season, he has either spent it in 48 month deals (Which means soon the club will hit financial difficulty) or something fishy But each to his own, if he wants to buy everyone then it is his choice

38. every deal was negotiated to pay 3-15M in front depending on players value (30-40 percent) and the rest to pay within 6-12 month to stay clear of all debts at the end of every season, that was my challenge, yes and it works, as you see its just a math, not to spend all money at once and wait for reasonable prices or exchanges, just a business...

I´ve lost a lot of money throughout the 2nd season, when I had to pay these deals, but I have spared a lot in the first season and raised interests, so I had about 200M in bank at the start of the second season, -150M within 10 month(until March) I went down to 50M in bank, but after that I got some price money, league, CL and TV money later, so ...it works
    Gunning for Glory ~ My Guide to Managing Arsenal-arsenal_-boardroom-finances.pngGunning for Glory ~ My Guide to Managing Arsenal-arsenal_-boardroom-finances-2.pngGunning for Glory ~ My Guide to Managing Arsenal-arsenal_-boardroom-finances-3.pngGunning for Glory ~ My Guide to Managing Arsenal-arsenal_-boardroom-overview.pngGunning for Glory ~ My Guide to Managing Arsenal-arsenal_-information-general.png
    now I´m at the start of winter transfer window 2014/15, I didn´t even win too much within these 2 years, and as you see my finances look very stable, my club is valued over 1b and has about 110M in bank. I´m loosing just about 3M per month.
    At the start of this transfer window I got even another 30M to spend for challenge for a CL place, but don´t need anybody at this moment, even when I got almost always at least 4-5 injured players, so just when a deal comes, where I could make a big profit... and when I get some money from PL and CL it would look much much better, so I wouldn´t say that I was cheating

and I still have some players to sell if I need to

what I mean is, I don´t like this 48 month deals, its not very realistic, or if you do that, you shoul probably pay at least 10-15 percent more pepr year, so at the end a player who would cost 10M would cost you about 16M in 48 month deal, that would be good enough, but to make 48 month deals for the same price as straight in cash is not ok
    Last edited by Wockin; 22/12/2012 at 02:58 AM.

39. Pretty good guide. Just got FM13, I always do an Arsenal save, but wondering if I should wait until the patch after the transfer window comes out just to see what kind of finances Arsenal have after announcing their new kit/stadium deal.

40. Great guide. I've not played as Arsenal since FM11 so looking forward to seeing how I do with them. I've already bought Baines and Demba Ba, as well as offloaded Chamakh, Mannone on loan and Andre Santos, so a pretty successful pre-season so far!

41. Quote Originally Posted by Wockin View Post
    Valdir de Moraes has retired, who is better? I tend always to get Tassotti, but Baresi seems to be a bit better, especially in attacking, but tacticly it would be Mauro
    Attachment 292588
    I will post some screens of my financies later accordind to the amount I have spent to get all my stars, and it was no cheating so which one? 4-2-3-1Attachment 292591
    wow how much did that team cost..

42. Quality mate. Could you perhaps check out my Spurs guide? It took a while so feedback would be much appreciated. Tottenham Hotspur Club Guide Thanks

43. I just finished my first season with Arsenal. It was my first time having a proper go at FM13 so I wanted to take it as cautious as possible. I have one of the updates (forget which one but it's one of the two popular ones) to the database and haven't touched anything myself. Thankfully most of my gripes had already been addressed such as Akpom's height, Jenkinson's nationality and how good Gibbs is! He's rated at 4 star potential but I feel it might be higher when I get it up there. Fellaini even changes between 4 and 4.5 stars.

Anyway in the first season my transfers were pretty "simple" (for what needed to be done):

2012/2013
    - Marouane Fellaini: 22m - I know I overpaid but everyone had bid and I don't like paying more than 100k in wages to begin with. He's one of my favourites and been buying him for a few years on FM now.
    - Vegard Forren: 6m - Again, a little expensive, but he was well worth it. Suits my tactics to a T when playing better sides
    - David Ospina: 2.4m - Needed a backup because I sold or loaned all my backup keepers.
    - Mason Bennett: 2.2m - Just to build up my reserve squad depth and hope he fulfills his potential.

2012/2013 January:
    - Stevan Jovetic: +10m - I bought him during the 1st season in January. He was transfer listed and it kept dropping and I couldn't resist.
    - Paul Pogba: Loan - I really wanted him to stick it up Manure plus to have a backup to Wilshere/Fellaini depending on opponent.

2013/2014:
    - Wilifried Zaha: 11m - Needed a replacement winger for Gervinho.
    - Memphis Depay: 12m - Future "#9" (he'll be wearing 14 because 9 is Akpom's )
    - Raphael Varane: +10m - He was transfer listed the only one with Jovetic (the rest I paid premium).
    - Paul Pogba: 10m - Made that loan permanent
    - Luke Shaw: 6m - Future left back for England / Arsenal!

All my wages are under 100k except for Cazorla who has his till 2018 and is on 120k. I'm going to wait till Cazorla's almost runs out and decide what I do with him. When he leaves the squad I will allow people to earn more than 100k but no more than 150k. I want to run the club similar to Arsenal. Most of the funds I've had to play towards players is largely thanks to the exits and also being good on wages. Club looks healthy, all facilities been upgraded slowly but unfortunately still manage to watch idly by as Manure signs Neymar, Dede, Alaba, etc!). My aim is to get all of the decent youth of Arsenal in the first team and give them their rightful squad numbers like Akpom #9, Gnabry #11, Oxlade-Chamberlain #7 (Rosicky leaving this year anyway), Gibbs #3, Jenkinson #2, Ramsey #8, Cesc #4....

Anyway I finished 3rd in my first season!

Gunning for Glory ~ My Guide to Managing Arsenal-league1213.png

Key performers:

Gunning for Glory ~ My Guide to Managing Arsenal-caz.png Gunning for Glory ~ My Guide to Managing Arsenal-giroud.png Gunning for Glory ~ My Guide to Managing Arsenal-jov.png

Some wunderegens!

Gunning for Glory ~ My Guide to Managing Arsenal-beckett.png Gunning for Glory ~ My Guide to Managing Arsenal-hagen.png

Some of the highlights of the season!

Gunning for Glory ~ My Guide to Managing Arsenal-champleaguefinal.png Gunning for Glory ~ My Guide to Managing Arsenal-supercup.png Gunning for Glory ~ My Guide to Managing Arsenal-madrid.png

Around December in my second season and so far I'm 1st and only lost one game from my first 12! All the goals and play looks great now that everyone is kind of in tune both with the tactics and just the rotation itself (unfortunately had to sell Diaby as I couldn't rely on him nor could I let him lose match fitness on bench to the point he's useless). So Fellaini, Wilshere, Arteta, Ramsey and Coquelin worked for the first season. Replacing Pogba with Coquelin for the extra height and the one up on United was about all that's changed about my midfield in the two seasons. I'm hoping to sign a classy right back for next year and let Sagna go. Jenkinson has 4-star potential and I signed Kenny Tete as a 16yo but I'm really wanting someone of quality even if he's in his 30s but doesn't earn as much as Sagna so I can bench him and use Jenkinson more (hopefully will be 3 stars current rating by end of season he's currently 2.5 with 4 potential as mentioned earlier). Might even look at Clyne as he can also play as 3rd choice LB.

For anyone interested I'm using 4-2-1-3, 4-1-2-2-1 or 4-4-2 depending on the opposition and current players available.
    Last edited by alexdesouza; 11/01/2013 at 10:41 AM.

44. Great guide thanks mate

45. SORRY TO EVERYONE FOR NOT REPLYING, IT'S BECAUSE PEOPLE COMMENTING ON THIS DOESN'T SHOW UP IN MY NOTIFICATIONS, SO IF YOU WANT TO ASK ME ANYTHING/WANT A REPLY YOU'LL HAVE TO QUOTE SOMETHING I HAVE COMMENTED

Quote Originally Posted by WarroOxford View Post
    Great guide. I've not played as Arsenal since FM11 so looking forward to seeing how I do with them. I've already bought Baines and Demba Ba, as well as offloaded Chamakh, Mannone on loan and Andre Santos, so a pretty successful pre-season so far!
    Sounds a good bit of transfer business there, Ba is quality (I didn't get him but on my Newcastle save he was amazing). Don't ignore Gibbs though, one of the world's best Left-Backs on my Arsenal save!

Quote Originally Posted by SpursBoy96Jay View Post
    Quality mate. Could you perhaps check out my Spurs guide? It took a while so feedback would be much appreciated. Tottenham Hotspur Club Guide Thanks
    Reading this made me feel sick Horrible stuff

Seriously though, that is a fantastic guide, especially the transfers section and the layout with the player-pictures! Great work mate

Quote Originally Posted by alexdesouza View Post
    Thankfully most of my gripes had already been addressed such as Akpom's height, Jenkinson's nationality and how good Gibbs is! He's rated at 4 star potential but I feel it might be higher when I get it up there. Fellaini even changes between 4 and 4.5 stars.

Anyway in the first season my transfers were pretty "simple" (for what needed to be done):

2013/2014:
    - Wilifried Zaha: 11m - Needed a replacement winger for Gervinho.
    - Raphael Varane: +10m - He was transfer listed the only one with Jovetic (the rest I paid premium).
    - Paul Pogba: 10m - Made that loan permanent
    - Luke Shaw: 6m - Future left back for England / Arsenal!

All my wages are under 100k except for Cazorla who has his till 2018 and is on 120k. I'm going to wait till Cazorla's almost runs out and decide what I do with him. When he leaves the squad I will allow people to earn more than 100k but no more than 150k. I want to run the club similar to Arsenal. Most of the funds I've had to play towards players is largely thanks to the exits and also being good on wages. Club looks healthy, all facilities been upgraded slowly but unfortunately still manage to watch idly by as Manure signs Neymar, Dede, Alaba, etc!). My aim is to get all of the decent youth of Arsenal in the first team and give them their rightful squad numbers like Akpom #9, Gnabry #11, Oxlade-Chamberlain #7 (Rosicky leaving this year anyway), Gibbs #3, Jenkinson #2, Ramsey #8, Cesc #4....

Anyway I finished 3rd in my first season!

Attachment 299541

Key performers:

Attachment 299537 Attachment 299538 Attachment 299539

Some wunderegens!

Attachment 299536 Attachment 299540

Some of the highlights of the season!

Attachment 299543 Attachment 299544 Attachment 299542

Around December in my second season and so far I'm 1st and only lost one game from my first 12! All the goals and play looks great now that everyone is kind of in tune both with the tactics and just the rotation itself (unfortunately had to sell Diaby as I couldn't rely on him nor could I let him lose match fitness on bench to the point he's useless). So Fellaini, Wilshere, Arteta, Ramsey and Coquelin worked for the first season. Replacing Pogba with Coquelin for the extra height and the one up on United was about all that's changed about my midfield in the two seasons. I'm hoping to sign a classy right back for next year and let Sagna go. Jenkinson has 4-star potential and I signed Kenny Tete as a 16yo but I'm really wanting someone of quality even if he's in his 30s but doesn't earn as much as Sagna so I can bench him and use Jenkinson more (hopefully will be 3 stars current rating by end of season he's currently 2.5 with 4 potential as mentioned earlier). Might even look at Clyne as he can also play as 3rd choice LB.

For anyone interested I'm using 4-2-1-3, 4-1-2-2-1 or 4-4-2 depending on the opposition and current players available.
    Yeah, as I've said, Gibbs is amazing for me, he's always been my first choice LB, but Muniesa is a quality backup.

Zaha is really under-rated in the game, never performed for my Newcastle team although for some people he has been great (Although I personally thing he is massively over-rated irl!)

Some quality transfers in there though, Shaw and Varane especially. Both should become world-class

What role/position did you play Cazorla in? Impressive assists

Solid first-season, I'd suggest trying to sort out the defense though, think that's the weak point

Yeah, Jenkinson should come good, progressed great in my first 2 seasons, injury and a regen have held him back abit since then though for me

46. I started my season like this since then things have gone well, first season i won the league and fa cup

Made these signings in 2nd season
    Gunning for Glory ~ My Guide to Managing Arsenal-eyltkmpvay2aljmw4vcn.jpg
    This is the team not my prefered starting 11 but it'll do for now
    Gunning for Glory ~ My Guide to Managing Arsenal-fylzoyyslyrlexfbmryt.jpg

47. I have avoided the Fellaini and Baines lure for my arsenal save and have decided to go with Monreal (he is quite good) and Sissoko (a bargain imo). Also have bought in Leno (48 month deal), San Jose, Tiote and Ba. I did sell Chamakh, Arshavin, Santos, Mannone, and a few others and will be moving at least 7 more on at the end of the season.

48. Quote Originally Posted by AmunRa View Post
    I have avoided the Fellaini and Baines lure for my arsenal save and have decided to go with Monreal (he is quite good) and Sissoko (a bargain imo). Also have bought in Leno (48 month deal), San Jose, Tiote and Ba. I did sell Chamakh, Arshavin, Santos, Mannone, and a few others and will be moving at least 7 more on at the end of the season.
    Yeah, Monreal is really good, but obviously this was made before we bought him

49. Quote Originally Posted by Scotty98TR View Post
    Yeah, Monreal is really good, but obviously this was made before we bought him
    I know, I only just got the update yesterday. Also Leno is amazing but very expensive at £17m hence the 48 month deal for him. Worth it though

50. Hi, I could use some advice for my Arsenal team. Last season I finished 3rd in the league, 4 more points and I would have won, but I did win the Euro. Currently in 2nd season, not doing awful but am in 3rd, 11-14 points behind Chelsea, who are undefeated. I made the terrible, terrible mistake of selling them Giroud, I wanted a little more money but he has been stellar for them, and I have found myself needing a striker many times this season, as I have been having a lot of injury problems.

In season 1 Cavani won the scoring title (23) and Cazorla the assist title (22). This season Cazorla has been mostly injured and isn't as effective now, and Cavani went goalless for a good 2 months (recently he finally started scoring again).

My squad overall is on the young side and I feel like I could use a good veteran attacking player. I also need a right back, Sagna is coming off a 3-4 month injury and I have been having to play Phil Jones there for most of this season (has done reasonably well). My main purchase this season was Javi Martinez, who somehow played terribly for Bayern and I was able to snag him, he has literally single-handedly carried my team through multiple games this season.
    Potential targets I have for next season include: Pastore (if I can afford), Jovetic, or one of United's attacking players (Gotze, Kagawa, or maybe even Rooney; United is doing very poor and a lot of their team currently wants to leave).

The tactic I have shown here is not the one I always use, I shuffle between my 3 formations fairly often (maybe too much) and interchange the mentalities for all of them (I use counter, standard, and attacking)
    Gunning for Glory ~ My Guide to Managing Arsenal-arsenal_-tactics-overview.png
    Gunning for Glory ~ My Guide to Managing Arsenal-english-premier-division_-overview-stages.png
    Gunning for Glory ~ My Guide to Managing Arsenal-arsenal_-matches-schedule.png
    Last edited by mnk26; 10/03/2013 at 04:37 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO