Like Tree9Likes

Best Approach for Building A New Stadium?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

  1. Best Approach for Building A New Stadium?

    Wondering what tips anyone can offer to increase the chances of the board being willing to build a new stadium?

    Playing as Liverpool, just starting 2016 season, very successful, rich, but haven't had any luck so far and have reached the maximum expansion capacity of 55,000.

  2. I find the best way to maximising any chance (stadium, training facilities, youth facilities) of improving facilities is to wait until the period of transition between seasons. Reason being this is when you get a fair amount of money coming into the club from your clubs league position finish, new sponsors, etc. On this basis, I find the board are less inclined to reject your request.

  3. If you play as a poor side in a much lower level, BSN/S or Scottish 3rd, by the time you get to the top flight you'll probably need to have a new stadium... though that doesn't help much when you're playing as a top flight club already

  4. Quote Originally Posted by mld81 View Post
    I find the best way to maximising any chance (stadium, training facilities, youth facilities) of improving facilities is to wait until the period of transition between seasons. Reason being this is when you get a fair amount of money coming into the club from your clubs league position finish, new sponsors, etc. On this basis, I find the board are less inclined to reject your request.
    This is definitely the logical solution! But unfortunately it didn't work :p I've been following one of the various "Youth to Gold" approaches, meaning last season I won the league with a starting 11 with an average age of little over 23. My transfer budget is currently £209 million, with £950k p/w available in the wage budget... I don't know how the board can't find the finance, or don't think that a new stadium suits the success and ambition of the club!

  5. It should definitely be possible to build a new stadium with those kind of finances, but unfortunately the board is not intelligent enough to figure out they can reduce the transfer budget and put more money into a new stadium.

    To be honest I wish it was possible to make a board request that didn't ask to increase the transfer budget, but actually to decrease it - meaning more money would go directly to the club, and thus making it able to improve facilities or even build a new stadium.

    The fact that you've already expanded the stadium (2 or 3 times?) probably makes it less likely to get a new stadium built. Just like there's (supposed to be) a 20 year cooldown between building new stadiums, I'm sure there's some sort of cooldown between expanding the stadium and building a new one. In other words, expanding the stadium is likely to ruin your chances of having a new one built. Then again, I'm just speculating.
    free2bejc likes this.

  6. The decreasing transfer budget would be a big help really! After more of a clear out my transfer budget is now in excess of £220 million and wages at £1.07m pw. I managed to get my wages down to £1,612,000 a week now, after bringing in yet more youth haha. Said goodbye to Leiva, Suarez, Borini and Kelly.

    I can't remember exactly how many extensions it was but yeah, 2 or 3 sounds right. It would make sense that they wouldn't want to build a new stadium after just spending a few million on extensions in consecutive season, I'll have to put that on the backburner for a while.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by addug View Post
    This is definitely the logical solution! But unfortunately it didn't work :p I've been following one of the various "Youth to Gold" approaches, meaning last season I won the league with a starting 11 with an average age of little over 23. My transfer budget is currently £209 million, with £950k p/w available in the wage budget... I don't know how the board can't find the finance, or don't think that a new stadium suits the success and ambition of the club!
    I also forgot to mention that filling out your stadium week in week out will help to increase your chances of your boardroom accept the request of building a new stadium, especially if there is no more room for expansion on the current one. Additionally, having a chairman that is an asshole is also a factor which sounds like the problem you have Addug

  8. when was anfield built?

  9. Quote Originally Posted by InValide jr View Post
    when was anfield built?
    1884.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by addug View Post
    Wondering what tips anyone can offer to increase the chances of the board being willing to build a new stadium?

    Playing as Liverpool, just starting 2016 season, very successful, rich, but haven't had any luck so far and have reached the maximum expansion capacity of 55,000.
    How did you even get that? The bastards told me that they've had to cancel the expansion because of issues with the council or something..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Who will build a new stadium?
    By LRH6 in forum FM 2011 General Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 29/03/2011, 02:51 AM
  2. not able to build a new stadium?
    By come on urzzz in forum Technical Help With FM 2011
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 08/03/2011, 04:11 AM
  3. Building a new stadium
    By jordanj in forum FM 2011 General Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 29/11/2010, 01:17 AM
  4. Best Approach
    By Nazmul1996 in forum FM 2011 General Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 14/11/2010, 04:45 AM
  5. How to get the board to build a new stadium if you don't have one?
    By Shukhratbek in forum Football Manager 2009
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05/10/2009, 01:04 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO