Players learning languages
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1. Players learning languages

I am into my 6th season on my Newcastle save and Ademilson has just been given British citizenship, yet the guy after all this time, still only speaks basic English. Now I know there are certain elements that contribute towards this but to me it appears to be more of a frequent thing in fm 2013. Anybody else noticing this at all?

2. Yes i have noticed this too.I am in my 3rd Season and have also got Ademilson and a few other players who are finding it difficult to learn the English language.

3. Is English that hard of a language to learn for people that don't speak it?

4. Quote Originally Posted by mld81 View Post
    Is English that hard of a language to learn for people that don't speak it?
    No, it's very easy. http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net...23111_700b.jpg

5. English is probably the easiest language I can remember, I'm portuguese and I speak it perfectly, spanish is easy too, french is hard, I speak both though.

Quote Originally Posted by mld81 View Post
    Is English that hard of a language to learn for people that don't speak it?

6. Exactly, I think players learning new languages on this version of fm has become harder compared to previous versions.

7. I could never get my head around german or spanish, but I've been speaking english fluently since I was 12. So yeah, it looks like it might have become harder this year on FM. Don't see why they would change it though, most players learn the basics of a language within a year.

8. I have several Brazilians at the club who have picked up English quite easily. You would think that they could aid their fellow countrymen with learning a new language as well as settling into their new surroundings and therefore is something that should be incorporated in a future fm version. After all, when you sign a new player, one of the questions you are asked by the press is will you be asking a current player (who speaks the same language) to help out the new signing if they don't speak the local language. This could be overcome by something like a simple private chat. I just think 5 years for a player to learn some basic language is either useless or just plain lazy.

9. rockpie's Avatar rockpie
    It all comes down to the players' hidden stats. He will learn a language faster if he has high adaptability, professionalism and determination. The lower those stats are, the longer it will take. If one of them is really low (like 2 or 3), then they might never get further than basic.

10. got points being made itt

i signed to Egyptian regens both with low adaptability stats but because they are the same nationality it worked a treat now they're on both favored people lists

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast