Like Tree3Likes

Struggling to make young players ready for first team.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

1. Struggling to make young players ready for first team.

I'm struggling to develop young players into first team players... I buy young players (between 16 and 19) then 3 years later I have to sell them as they are never good enough to be a good first team player. Anyone got any tips on how I can improve this?

2. Give them 1st team football. Loan them out.

3. I cant give them first team football atm as I'm trying to qualify for the champions league and when I've loaned out players in the past about 1 in 20 make any progression?

4. Loan them to clubs with good facilities, play them as often as you can in your first team.(cup games, 20-30minutes at the end of a game)

5. I have Boca, River and Palace as feeder clubs so mainly use them who all have good facilities.. But they arent growing. Also, I find it difficult to put them on for 20-30 minutes at the end of games because this makes the older, rotation players unhappy quickly :/

6. Quote Originally Posted by Henry8597 View Post
    I have Boca, River and Palace as feeder clubs so mainly use them who all have good facilities.. But they arent growing. Also, I find it difficult to put them on for 20-30 minutes at the end of games because this makes the older, rotation players unhappy quickly :/
    Get rid of the older rotation players then. Also when you loan them out loan the to places where they will definitely play.

7. Okay, so I should sell players such as Dzeko, Tevez and Balotelli and replace with players like Fierro?

8. When you offer players out for loan, make sure you set their squad status to key player, or at least first team. Also try to get rid of most players over the age of 30, unless they're vital to the team and/or you use them for tutoring youngsters. This will also help you lower your wage budget. Try to have the first team squad as small as possible, so that you can use the youngsters as backup and provide them with a decent amount of playing time. And make sure you tutor the ones you want to progress, use a player with similar personality with good mental stats and higher determination than the youngster.

9. Quote Originally Posted by mersk View Post
    When you offer players out for loan, make sure you set their squad status to key player, or at least first team. Also try to get rid of most players over the age of 30, unless they're vital to the team and/or you use them for tutoring youngsters. This will also help you lower your wage budget. Try to have the first team squad as small as possible, so that you can use the youngsters as backup and provide them with a decent amount of playing time. And make sure you tutor the ones you want to progress, use a player with similar personality with good mental stats and higher determination than the youngster.
    Thanks mersk, I have bought some free agents such as Rivaldo and Pires on £1,000 a week contracts simply to tutor players and play in my reserves... whilst ive sold all of newcastles big players like Cabaye, Cisse, Tiote, Collocini and all of the deadwood and bought in a full team of youngsters too see if this works, Do you think this will work?

10. Quote Originally Posted by Henry8597 View Post
    Okay, so I should sell players such as Dzeko, Tevez and Balotelli and replace with players like Fierro?
    If their over 30 then yes.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast