The 'Porto way'

1. Ride The Walrus's Avatar Ride The WalrusPremium Member
    Liverpool A pretty cool guy.

The 'Porto way'

I.e buying small, selling large.

Has anyone had any success with this model, in England? I can't seem to do it, I always end up spending too much and selling them off for the same

2. Quote Originally Posted by Ride The Walrus View Post
    I.e buying small, selling large.

Has anyone had any success with this model, in England? I can't seem to do it, I always end up spending too much and selling them off for the same
    I have for several years with Arsenal. It's quite easy if you put cap on you spending. Say don't spend over 10m on a player unless he will be key member from the start.

For example: Ben Arfa for 12.5m at the start. 5 years in when he is 30 you can still make good profit on him.

3. Not necessarily England but seem to be doing ok in Scotland with Rangers, have a good scouting network and finding some great players 16 and under. In all my FM history I've never like spending big money on players.

4. I did precisely this with Liverpool , you need to buy players like Nem, Doria, Willian, Isco, Adryan, Ba, Wallace... EG, Buy players with low release clauses, play or loan them out for a couple of years then sell them for huge profits.... After the first few seasons you should buy regens before theyre given a professional contract for cheap, breed them and then sell them... On my current Newcastle save where I am buying a full young team, I bought wellington nem for £3.5m and give him a release clause of £34m which was activated by Barca after one season. Hope this helped

+ Reply to Thread