Like Tree4Likes

Director of Football buying players
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

1. Director of Football buying players

Right so I tried letting my director of football bringing in some new faces in the championship, but he's just trying to sign strikers left right and centre when we have about 5 already. Has everyone just turned this off or is it worthwhile?

2. In my opinion, if you're going to use a DoF I highly suggest leaving it up to you to confirm the deals. I don't know if you can impact what area he'll try and improve though.

3. I'm rejecting all the deals of course ahha

4. I did this with the head of youth dev (Luigi Porchia 19jCA, 20jPA, high deter. etc.) just to see who he would try and get he kept going for wasters I wasnt impressed...

5. I don't use a DoF and never will, don't think it's a good strategy in FM and certainly not in real life (yeah that means YOU Comolli). I have a HOYD, but I make sure I have to confirm the deals.
    Tezzz and Chokopop like this.

6. I have one just to negotiate existing contract deals.

7. I have one to sort out loans and transfer listed players

8. I only use him to bring in youth players, i wouldn't let anyone buy my first team players for me. He doesnt find awesome regens all the time but he does find 1 or 2 every now and then.

9. Chokopop's Avatar Chokopop

• Quote Originally Posted by Dunc View Post
      For some reason, I can see it being something like this:

Girl asks Sam to come around her house, to chillax.
      Girl phones 20 of her girl mates, and also invites them around to her house.
      Sam arrives, to be met by 21 girls, they circle him, and then start a chant of 'Sam has a Mangina, Sam has a Mangina!' for a hour.
      Sam returns home, a broken man, and finds comfort in playing fifa with his mates, who also all, coincidently, have manginas.
    Liverpool, AS Roma - Follows: PSG & Toulouse Modern Day Legend Chokopop is online now
    Well, not sure about DoF as I never used one, but Tom Werner (Liverpool chairman) got me Falcao (Who was transfer listed) in my 2nd season at Liverpool. Try leaving it to your chairman instead, I know several people that have gotten some decent players that way.
    rammie2011 likes this.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Chokopop View Post
    Well, not sure about DoF as I never used one, but Tom Werner (Liverpool chairman) got me Falcao (Who was transfer listed) in my 2nd season at Liverpool. Try leaving it to your chairman instead, I know several people that have gotten some decent players that way.
    Interesting. Could this have anything to do with the fact that chairmen don't have stats? Maybe they always succeed against whatever "saving throw against Stewart Downing" is running in the background.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast