Like Tree12Likes

Team talk help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

1. Team talk help

Team talk help-west-brom-v-man-utd_-away-tactics-team-talk.png

We're down to ten men but two nil up, exactly what is wrong with telling them not to get complacent?

2. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Manchester United Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by fabregas2 View Post
    Attachment 290039

We're down to ten men but two nil up, exactly what is wrong with telling them not to get complacent?

Because they are 2-0 up away from home with 10 men. You should have been more positive.
    TJD07 likes this.

3. It's a pretty negative team talk, I only use it if I'm playing a much lower rep team and your team is easily winning the game.
    Like Mike said, a more positive one would have gone down better.

4. It was to not get complacent, exactly how is that negative? That's acknowledging the good first half performance but trying to keep their heads for the next half. I didn't exactly say I was unhappy or something. I don't see how it is unreasonable to tell players not to get complacent even if we were Barnet beating Barcelona or something.

5. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    It was to not get complacent, exactly how is that negative? That's acknowledging the good first half performance but trying to keep their heads for the next half. I didn't exactly say I was unhappy or something. I don't see how it is unreasonable to tell players not to get complacent even if we were Barnet beating Barcelona or something.
    Dont get complacent doesnt acknowledge a good first half. Its like saying, we are just about doing enough here. If you wanted that, you should have used the one the assistant recommended.

And you certainly wouldnt use it as barnet vs barcelona.

6. Quote Originally Posted by fabregas2 View Post
    It was to not get complacent, exactly how is that negative? That's acknowledging the good first half performance but trying to keep their heads for the next half. I didn't exactly say I was unhappy or something. I don't see how it is unreasonable to tell players not to get complacent even if we were Barnet beating Barcelona or something.
    It also implies that they're getting complacent, making mistakes and switching off. It's only from personal experience that I say it's a negative team talk because based on the reactions I've had from games it seems that way.
    It's not about what is and isn't reasonable in real life, the game runs by a different set of rules and this is one of them.

If you wanted them to keep their heads in the game just go with "good half more of it in the second" or "wasn't bad but we could improve" types, like what your assistant recommended.
    Last edited by TJD07; 11/12/2012 at 11:49 PM.

7. Quote Originally Posted by TJD07 View Post
    It also implies that they're getting complacent, making mistakes and switching off. It's only from personal experience that I say it's a negative team talk because based on the reactions I've had from games it seems that way.
    It's not about what is and isn't reasonable in real life, the game runs by a different set of rules and this is one of them.
    Perhaps the game should have made it a bit clearer then.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike. View Post
    Dont get complacent doesnt acknowledge a good first half. Its like saying, we are just about doing enough here. If you wanted that, you should have used the one the assistant recommended.

And you certainly wouldnt use it as barnet vs barcelona.
    There's room for improvement isn't the same as don't let your heads drop and seeing as it's the latter I wanted....

8. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Perhaps the game should have made it a bit clearer then.

There's room for improvement isn't the same as don't let your heads drop and seeing as it's the latter I wanted....
    But that's not necessarily what you should be saying to a side 2-0 up away from home with 10 men. Hence why your players are confused

9. Quote Originally Posted by Mike. View Post
    But that's not necessarily what you should be saying to a side 2-0 up away from home with 10 men. Hence why your players are confused
    They were'nt exactly playing out of their skins, they were lucky to be ahead and if they got complacent, West Brom could have pulled goals back. Still not getting how this is unreasonable.

10. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    They were'nt exactly playing out of their skins, they were lucky to be ahead and if they got complacent, West Brom could have pulled goals back. Still not getting how this is unreasonable.
    Their ratings suggest they are doing fairly well, but can play better. They are also 2-0 up away from home with 10.

That is virtually the definition of good, but we can do better. Hence what the assistant manager said.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast